July 31, 2014 | 1984 users online

BB Cream - Holika Holika - Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Diadore

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS BB CREAM!!! I have only tried a few about 4 others, but this one is by far my favorite, I don't even know if I'll ever buy any other ones now. I have pretty oily skin, it's not problematic but I do get the occasional breakout. I bought this bb cream for $14 in the second shade, I think neutral or something from rubyrubyshop on ebay. The shade matches me perfectly, I mean perfectly. It does go on white, but it oxidizes amazingly well.
I've used this bb cream for a week and it hasn't broken me out, in fact I wore it for about 20 hours and it stayed on all day and removed easily and it didn't break me out whatsoever. It doesn't feel heavy, oily, or look cakey. I know other reviews say that on the second application it may look cakey, it doesn't on my skin and I use a lot. This is water based so it really keeps my skin from getting uncontrollably oily. I used to have to blot twice a day with my other bb creams, but I don' t even have to with this one. The scent is amazing. I think the only con I have is that it's a little spatula, I'd prefer a pump or tube, but it's cute.
I've finally found my HG base makeup after looking for two years.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by MissNananana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I simply loved this. It's the 2nd best BB cream I've ever used. The best point about this is the colour. It doesn't look grey at all, even when it's 8 hours old on the face, unlike other BB creams. It glides on very well with medium coverage.

But the packaging is terrible. To use this, unscrew the cap and use the spatula attached to the cap to scoop some product out. The spatula doesn't reach the bottom of the bottle so good luck using up the product in its later days. The glass (?) bottle is kind of clunky and not travel-friendly, although it looks cute, like a jelly. I've always had this fear of breaking it.

I had 3 bottles of this. I took about 6 months to nearly finish one bottle by using it everyday, and after 6 months I decided to chuck it and start on another bottle for hygiene reasons. Not too comfortable using an open jar for too long. I gave away the last bottle because I moved on to BB cushions recently.

Still, the price is cheap, (~18,000won in S Korea) and I would recommend this. I bought my 2nd and 3rd bottles when my 1st was about halfway done, so I did repurchase it, but now at this point I won't repurchase because I prefer something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMaven94

ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE! I have been searching the drug stores for a bb creme ever since they became popular years ago and let me just say, thank GOODNESS for the money back guarantee at most drug stores or I would be out at least 100 bucks! Every single one I had tried was either too oily(ahem Garnier) or orangy(sup Loreal) or too dark,,,,(all of them...) So You can see why I had many reservations about ordering something online without being able to test it first. I was so surprised! IT covers like a foundation, is really buildable, smells beautiful, matter finish without drying me out, and IT WAS THE RIGHT COLOR! My skin even improved after switching to it. My entire reason for making the jump from foundation to bb creme was because of my skin being a brat that grew out of foundations and decided to let me know with constant breakouts! The only problem I have with it is of course the packaging due to sanitary issues. It's even cheap! The shipping costs will getcha but it is well worth it considering I have had it for months and am not even out of it yet! Love and reccomend it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by loveover0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

EDIT: After using this for a while, I find the lasting power way too poor for me. It really only lasts 1 hour before getting intensely oily. It honestly makes my skin much oilier than usual and tends to separate and sit on the skin. I'll still use it but it's not very good it you have oily skin at all.

After pining after this bb cream for a few months, I finally sucked up and bought it. It was smaller than I expected, it was a little shorter than the length of my palm. But it is everything I wanted! The coverage is rather light to borderline medium, enough to lessen my ample acne scars, cover my redness, and smooth out my large pores. The #2 shade is only slightly too light for me but is still very natural looking and not too pink or grey at all. I have a problem with bb creams being too pink on my skin tone and the shade Natural Beige is definitely yellow-toned. This bb cream is suited for NC20-NC25. The finish is definitely semi-matte to matte. One layer all over and a very light second layer on problem areas is perfect for me. Concealer is needed for darker spots or acne. Only a small amount of product is necessary. Sadly, it doesn't last very long on my extremely oily skin, probably 3-4 hours tops without powder, but with powder it is more 5-6. The smell is really nice, definitely perfume-y but not over powering once you apply it. I like that it doesn't have a heavy, foundation-like scent. I can definitely see this as a light, everyday bb cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by kirito

After finding that Asian BB creams truly do work better for me than American ones, I wanted to try out the Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB cream, since I heard many good things about it. The packaging is adorable, but can be a bit unsanitary since you have to scoop the product out with the spatula. It's also inconvenient for traveling because the glass is bulky, but for me, I keep this at home, so my hands are clean before I use this, and I don't have to carry it around.

As for the BB cream itself, it has great coverage that is very buildable. At one point, I never wore concealer, so like many other BB creams, this one can double up as a concealer if you build it up enough. Unfortunately, there are only two shades. I have the darker shade, which matches me perfectly, but if you have darker skin or even extremely fair skin, I don't think this is the product for you. However, it doesn't look gray on me, which was a problem I had with the Skin79 BB cream. It has a light floral scent, which is nice, but if you're sensitive to scents, then it may be a problem. I like that this is water based, because it doesn't make my oily skin even greasier.

I think I may like this BB cream even more than my Skin79 one!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this badly for a long time! I used to have the skinfood red orange jelly bb cream but I didnt really like it bcos the staying power was not good and the coverage is a thumbs down. I have seen many Holika Holika Aqua petit Jelly BB cream reviews here and a lot of people raved about it. So one day, I decided to purchase it. It was not expensive. Considering it is quite a big jar, it also comes with a free sponge and that tells me that it works best with sponge. I tried it on, I love the coverage. It covers up my scars and it gives me a very natural look. I am not expecting this to give me a full coverage like foundation but it at least have to cover my scars and give me a very natural face.This is good for a everyday usage. The lasting power.. I would say around 6-8 hours without setting powder. So it is quite lasting. It doesn't really control my oil but I don't see myself becoming an oil slick by the end of the day. The scent is very refreshing too. The reason why I took a lippie off is because it is kinda hard to remove it therefore I have to be really detailed when it comes to cleansing. Overall, I love this and will definitely repurchase it after it runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by teriyaki25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: I have yellow undertones that is acne-prone and combination oily.. I use REVLON Colorstay in Buff (suited for winter, but it's too pink for me), Sand Beige (suited for summer), Revlon Whipped Creme Foundation in Buff (again too pink for me), and Missha M Perfect BB Cream #21 (suited for spring, summer, early fall; can be grey, but oxidizes to my shade). I don't know my MAC shade, but I'm guessing I'm NC20

*I'll be comparing this to the Missha M Perfect BB cream. I'm sorry this review will be long, but hopefully it will be helpful.

I got the shade #1 Aqua Beige. I've read other reviews stating that this is supposed to be the "yellow shade," but this was slightly pink on me. One thing that I did like about this foundation was that even though it had SPF 20, it did not leave a gray cast like the Missha BB cream.

The texture I found light, sort of like a whipped creme type of foundation, hence the name "jelly". It has light-(heavier) medium coverage. It covered the redness on my checks and some of my acne scars. If you want heavier coverage or want to cover a pimple with a whitehead, you'll need to use concealer.

I'm not sure how to describe the scent: maybe an aquatic citrus scent. If you hate the powdery rose scent of the Missha BB cream, then you'll find the smell of this BB cream more pleasing.

I did not like the staying power of this foundation. For my foundation routine this is what I do: 1.) Prime using UD De-slick and Revlon Photoready primer. 2.) Apply Holika Holika BB Cream and concealer. 3.) Finish with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (I don't like this one, I think Maybelline Dream Mate was better). One day I put it on around 1pm and did some errands. By 5-6 pm, I could see that BB cream was starting to slide off in my jawline. All I did was walk around the mall and this happened in November in Southern California weather! If you have oily skin, this might not be the best for you. The Missha BB cream which many people say doesn't have great oil control worked better for me in staying power. I can go eight hours with dewy cheeks, but at least my makeup isn't sliding off.

Also, this BB cream does emphasize dry patches like it did for me on my nose and cheek area. Make sure your skin is properly moisturized before application

I would probably say that this has a semi-matte to satin finish.

I can't comment on the packaging since I bought 10 sample sizes on ebay. From the pictures I've seen it's a glass jar with a spatula inside. I've used glass jar packaging before and I don't like it since it's not hygienic and it's hard to scoop towards the end, so maybe the included spatula will be beneficial.

I just checked today on ebay and the lowest price is $11.77, so it's not too expensive considering you're receiving 40 mL of product compared to most foundations being 30 mL.

Overall, I loved the coverage and non-gray cast, but unfortunately the staying power was a deal breaker for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by snowwwwww

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

The product itself suits oily skin the best due to it being water based. But i had a problem. It was too light for my skin tone. Mine is in the darker shade (Aqua Neutral) and it gave me a white cast on my face. I tried using a bronzer but my Catrice Hydrating Bronzing Powder was too dry and difficult to apply. I almost wanted to sell the product since it really looks unnatural on me, but i decided to try using the sponge provided one day (i have been using fingers to apply). I must say that the sponge really did help, especially when it is wet. This is probably due to the fact that since the bb is water based, it dries up quickly. Hence when using dry fingers it doesn't works. I highly recommend that those who has darker skin tones use a wet sponge to apply it. It may absorb some of your product but it is definitely better than using fingers. I have been starting to use the product more often ever since. I must say that this is a good product for oily skin individuals and you will never want to give it a miss. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 5:52:00 AM More reviews by katiamavra

First of all this is the only Korean BB cream that doesn't turn gray on my skin. I have yellow undertones so I bought the no1 shade. I can't say it's moisturizing and I think that it's better to have a rich face cream on your face before you apply this bb cream (if you have dry skin in the winter like me). At first it looks very lightweight and watery, but after a while you can feel it getting "heavy" on your face. It brightens my dull complexion, covers most of my skin imperfections and stays matte for at least 6 hours. For me it's one of the best BB creams for oily-combination skin types!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by inehima

This is a fabulous water based BB cream! It goes on smoothly and looks so natural! The only cons are that it does cling to dry patches and only comes in two shades; both of which were too light for my NC20/25 skin. It has a nice floral scent that goes away in a few minutes. I really hope that Holika Holika will eventually make this BB cream in more shades. If they do, this BB cream would have a permanent place on my vanity. The finish is semi-matte and no setting powder is needed. I cannot comment on the lasting power since I have not spent the day out with it. However, since it is water based, I am assuming a few touch ups will be needed during the day depending on if it fades patchy. The packaging is quite bulky but very cute and comes with a spatula built into the lid of the jar.

In any case, this BB cream is a new favorite of my sister's who is matched to Bobbi Brown's BB cream in light.