April 21, 2014 | 1091 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Kitten27

I have this in Made it Mauve and Pin Up Peach and I really enjoy them both. They're lightweight and don't feel like the typical lipstick. It feels like lip balm on the lips but with great color pay off. It doesn't look opaque to me like lipsticks, but it deposits a good amount of color that you can tell I'm wearing something. It also has a bit of shine.

Made It Mauve is a good everyday color; it's like my natural lip color but better. Pin Up Peach would be great for spring and summer, it's pinker but not too light of a pink that it looks weird on medium skintones.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by luckymomme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this color whisper formula. It feels good and doesn't have an annoying smell or taste. I have 80-Made-It-Mauve and it's a nice color. Next one I get will probably be darker, if there is a darker shade. They are not longwearing, but reapplying is no big deal. They are nice for in a winter coat pocket, so you can reapply without a mirror, as excess wipes off easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

This product is a little over-hyped. It is definitely sheerer and lighter than the Revlon Color Bursts. A lot of the colors are similar. I bought Made-it-Mauve and Berry Ready, which are both very beautiful colors. Both colors come across opaque after a few swipes. I actually prefer these over the Revlon Color Bursts. Great for throughout the day for a lip balm with some color. They are not long lasting at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are some of my favorite drugstore lip products. They're medium coverage but are very smooth looking. They almost have a milky look to them. I've seen a lot of review comparing them to Revlon Lip Butters, but they are different. They are both really moisturizing, but the Revlon ones are more opaque like a traditional lipstick.

These are great for when you just want a little bit of color on the lips. I wear these when I don't have enough time for a full face of makeup but want to look somewhat put together. The lilac shade is really pretty for pale skin tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by vwterry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love that this does not have sparkle/glitter/frost, which is hard to find in any lip color. On the other hand, it just doesn't have enough pigment. The amount of color is barely more than a tinted lip balm. I bought Coral Ambition, thinking it would be a subtle coral (as the name suggests), but it just looks pink on me. (I may try Orange Attitude, even though it appears to be a very bright orange.) This mixes well with a light brush of regular lipstick on top, but my goal is to find a sheer lip color that has enough pigment to be worn on its own. If most lipstick is "Color Scream" and this is "Color Whisper," I wish someone would make "Color Normal Conversational Tone."

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by andreaxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best lip products i have ever used. You dont need a lip balm underneeth. You can deffenetly build this up to your desiered colour and the one that i have smells like fruit loops!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by tabulous77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this. I'm able to wear bright plum because it's so sheer it's not overpowering, but just right. I want more colors now. It's also very moisturising and the packaging is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

YES YES YES. such a nice non sticky gloss with an hint of color. sheer but buildable. the price is good and the pinks are amazing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

I decided to pick these up since there was a sale where you get two for the price of one. I was contemplating on purchasing these or the Revlon Colorburst but I am glad I decided to give these a try first! I have these in the colours Pin Up Peach and Rose of Attraction. They are a touch sheer but definitely buildable and the colours are just gorgeous. It looks natural on without screaming to everybody that you obviously put something on your lips. It's moisturizing, gives your lips a pop of colour, doesn't settle into the crevices of your lips, doesn't enhance dry patches, and appropriate for work. It stays on my lips for quite a long period of time, probably six hours before I have to reapply or touch up on it. I find that there's not a whole lot of product but considering how cheap it is, it really isn't a big deal. These are the colours I'm obsessed with and will definitely use on a everyday basis.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by BlushinBlonde

So, I had been eyeing up 'coral ambition' for quite while, but ended up putting it back down every time. But I ended up finally buying a color whisper, but in the shade 'lust for blush' & absolutely fell in love. It is the most gorgeous, perfect pink nude shade I have ever found. I seriously hope they don't discontinue these! I now have 5 total, I did become quite a bit obsessed. I have the shades 'lust for blush' (pink nude), 'coral ambition' (light orange toned coral), 'pink possibilities' (bright pink), 'bare to be bold' (light/sheer glossy nude), & 'petal rebel' (light pink, another absolute favorite!). I personally really love the formula, it is a gel base, it is super moisturizing, & applies very smooth. They are not super opaque, but you can build them a bit from sheer to a light/medium coverage of color, but they are called color whispers for a reason, they're not meant to be bright or opaque, they're supposed to be just a 'whisper' of color. I purchased all of mine from Walmart for $5.94, which is better than the $7.49 Walgreen's & other drug stores asked for them. All in all, these are some of my favorite lippies, especially 'lust for blush' & 'petal rebel', they're all very wearable shades, that I actually do wear very often. Personally I think they're worth it, & I actually am planning on picking up 'oh la lilac' tomorrow, as it is supposed to leave your lips a gorgeous pink lilac shade that I am super excited to try!