September 2, 2014 | 1650 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What a fantastic range of lip colours!! I am a big fan of the Revlon Lip Butters, but these are even better!

These wee beauties are really affordable (over $10 cheaper than the Revlon Lip Butters in New Zealand) and I managed to get a 2-for-1 deal which made it even better! The packaging is sleek and they're slim and on the small side so won't take up much room in the makeup bag. And, unlike the Lip Butters, they don't melt or crumble when you apply them, but are just as moisturising.

The shade range is pretty limited, but I LOVE the shade Orange Attitude on my NC44 skin - it's a really easy to wear everyday red shade on my darker lips and looks amazing with a red lip pencil underneath to make it bolder. The colour builds up nicely with several applications. I also have Who Wore it Reder, which actually comes up like a plum/fuschia on my lips and the pigment is REALLY strong on this one - no whispering here, even with just one application!

I was surprised at how long they lasted, too. Even after eating, they stayed on strong and didn't stray all over the face. The glossiness wears off quickly but over about 6 hours they fade to a bit of a stain.

5 lippies for an incredibly versatile, buildable, affordable, moisturising and relatively long-wearing lip colour range!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Neudecker138

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

YASSS! I love maybellines lip products so when i got this i was soo pumped! I had first purchased One Size Fits Pearl a pink nude color and loved it, it was a perfect wash of color and sooo creamy! Months later I decided to pick up a darker color to try, beary Ready. This was still the amazingly creamy lip stick (practically a balm) but a much much more pigmented color! The plus to the darker color was that it stained your lips and hydrated! 2 in one!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in "Made-It Mauve" and I love using this on days I'm leaving the house with little to no make up. Whenever I run to the gas station or grocery store looking like complete crap I like throwing this on and it does make me feel a bit more put together. This color was my favorite out of all of the ones I tried because I think it feels like "my lip color but better". It is VERY moisturizing and sort of feels like chapstick or carmex. I definitely wouldn't use this if I was going to work or for a night out but it's definitely very sheer and light weight for a super natural look or just going to the gym or something. You could wear a lip liner underneath it and it would make it more pigmented and appropriate for work and be longer wearing. This was probably the most pigmented one out of all of the colors I swatched, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by dahlia2425

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Even though I'm not a vivid color lipstick fan, I thought I'd try out Maybelline's colour whisper in Oh La La Lilac after watching a tutorial online using Mac's Viva Glam Nicki 2. (Perfect dupe by the way). These colours are so vivid and go on so smoothy. They are super hydrating and pigmented. I am more of a matte girl so these aren't for me but I'm sure any glossy lip lover would adore these.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

This is comparable to Clinique's Chubby Lib Balm but needs to be more moisturizing. I love the color pay-off and bought it in Pink Possibilities.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited for these during its initial release since they were all over Youtube and sadly, I fell for the hype. I chose Pink Possibilities and Who wore it red-er for my NC30 skintone. Description from Maybelline's website, "Pure color pigments suspended in a weightless gel. No heavy waxes or oils. Soft, sexy gel-color." Even though the red is more opaque than the pink, the formula is still too sheer for my liking. These last around two hours and definitely not through a meal. I need to wear a lip balm (blistex in the blue tube) under or else my lips get flakey, it's not moisturizing enough on its own. I paid $8 CAD at Walmart, for 0.11oz / 3g. These were in my abandoned makeup drawer, just took them out today so I can try to use it a few more times. But I will not repurchase. The only thing I like is the sleek packaging. Overall, I prefer Revlon's lip butters (usually on sale for $4 at Shoppers Drug Mart / Superstore.)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by MamieVanDoren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was actually quite disappointed in these lipsticks. I have two; Petal rebel and Coral ambition. The color looks really nice in the packaging but once I applied it on, there was really not much pigment. Lipsticks are quite sheer (to sheer for me) and they look more like a tinted lip balm. If you're looking for just a little bit of color on your lip then you'd like these.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ChanelLove07

Absolutely love this product ! It's the perfect mix of a lip balm with colour payoff! I have it in who wore it red-er, pink possibilities, one size fits peral and orange attitude and I love all of them. Very moisturising and gives a nice colour to the lips! It is a little pricy in Australia so I only get them when it's sale like $10 each which is still pretty pricey for a lip balm with colour but I love the colour range because I don't like wearing lipstick as its too drying for my lips

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Kitten27

I have this in Made it Mauve and Pin Up Peach and I really enjoy them both. They're lightweight and don't feel like the typical lipstick. It feels like lip balm on the lips but with great color pay off. It doesn't look opaque to me like lipsticks, but it deposits a good amount of color that you can tell I'm wearing something. It also has a bit of shine.

Made It Mauve is a good everyday color; it's like my natural lip color but better. Pin Up Peach would be great for spring and summer, it's pinker but not too light of a pink that it looks weird on medium skintones.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by luckymomme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this color whisper formula. It feels good and doesn't have an annoying smell or taste. I have 80-Made-It-Mauve and it's a nice color. Next one I get will probably be darker, if there is a darker shade. They are not longwearing, but reapplying is no big deal. They are nice for in a winter coat pocket, so you can reapply without a mirror, as excess wipes off easily.