Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

4.4

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, VP Eicosene Copolymer, Copolymer, Boron Nitride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Synthetic Beeswax, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Sorbic Acid, Octyldodecanol Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, dimethicon, Dimethiconol, Nelumbo Nucifera Stamen Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides CI 77491 CI77492 CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891

on 6/5/2015 6:22:00 PM

Purchase this last night at Walgreen for $5.49.
Today is a hot day 90 degrees. I applied the eyeshadow primer on about 10:30 this morning.
It is now 3:21 pm. So far it is doing alright. No heavy creasing or smudging yet. I do see a little bit of creasing in the inner corners, but not enough for me to say that I wouldn't buy it again.
I gave it a 3 star, because this makeup product is made in China. But I had to try it to see for myself what all the good reviews raved about.

on 5/26/2015 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I found this to work very well as a primer in terms of preventing creasing and intensifying the eyeshadow color. It definitely did that with flying colors - no creasing, at the end of the day the eyeshadow looked the same as when I first applied it. The consistency is not the best though, it's hard to get an even, smooth application using my fingers. I will try with a brush next time to see if it works better. I used it with MAC Woodwinked, a metallic bronzed gold that I applied on the lid and through the crease.

Before I used this, I tested it on my hand along with a few other eyeshadow primers I have (UDPP and NYX HD eye primers). I noticed that compared to the others, when set, the Fergie primer feels EXTREMELY dry, almost like it has a powder finish. The Fergie swatch on my hand felt SUPER dry compared to the other primers that just felt like my normal skin. The Fergie primer was also still on my hand after washing my hands twice! So to those who say this dried out their eyelids, I think you just need to realize that this is very long-wearing. I think it's hard to tell since it blends in with your skin, but more than likely your regular cleansing routine doesn't totally remove this primer layer from your eyelids. I would say use an oil like jojoba or olive oil, or an oil-based makeup remover on your lids when you use this primer. See if that helps with the issue of dry eyelids.

I have only used it once and it didn't dry out my eyelids. I'm glad I swatched and tested it on my hand first so I know how long-wearing it is. Now I can take extra care to remove it at the end of the day and hopefully prevent any issues. This is definitely a winner in my book so far! (Also I love that the shade is called "For My Primas" haha primas = female cousins in Spanish / play on the word primer. I think there was a limited edition shimmer shade at some point too).

on 5/20/2015 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I used to splurge on my eye primer without hesitation. If I wanted lasting, pigmented, and crease-less eye make-up, I had to spend a little extra. Not anymore!

This product takes care of my hooded and greasy eyelids. In terms of what I look for in an eye primer, "Take on the Day" is superior to the high-end ones I have tried. I find the texture to be smooth and blendable, I get oil-control, and I don't experience smudging or creasing. The BEST thing about this primer, other than the price, is that I don't have to worry about my eyeliner transferring onto my upper lids (so annoying)! I am totally pleased.

If you wear a lot of bold and bright colors then you might not be as impressed. I don't use color often, but when I do, it's always noticeably faded by the end of the day. Many other primers are better in this respect, so that might be something to keep in mind if you want lasting intensity. I don't ever notice fading with my neutrals though so personally it's not much of an issue.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

My HG eyeshadow primer. I like Too Faced and original UDPP just fine, but this works just as well, maybe even a little better, for a much lower price. I haven't experienced creasing while wearing this, even after a long day, plus it intensifies eyeshadow. This is great news for someone with oily lids. Without primer my eyeshadow creases or fades so quickly.

The packaging is okay, but I don't find the greasiness that comes out when you first squirt it out too awful. It's annoying, but done away quickly. Otherwise, it's a very nice product. I'd be crushed if Wet and Wild discontinued it.

on 5/13/2015 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've always used eye primers, mostly the cheap ELF one, and sometimes just my I use my face primer on my eyes. ELF is OK, it's thin and spreads nice, but I wanted sometime else so I picked this WNW Fergie primer. This is GARBAGE. Just like some of the other reviews, when you open the tube, the product comes gushing out--well actually the oil in the product gushes out. It's nearly impossible to try to combine/or shake the tube. So I depotted the primer into a clean MAC pot so I could stir it and see if I could make it work.
I stirred the primer into a good consistency and applied.
Very chalky, hard to spread, and leaves a white film, like SS that you did not rub in.
I didn't like how it pulled on my lids as I spread it, like it was drying way too fast.
Shadows were hard to blend and by the end of the day, I had very creepy lids and the area around my eyes were irritated really bad, they were dried out, crusty, and hurting.

This product is way too drying and odd for me to use. Maybe someone with very oily lids could use it, but I would worry that long time use would encourage more wrinkles and lead to eye/eye skin issues.

on 5/12/2015 6:36:00 PM

I have oily eyelids to go along with my oily skin, and to make matters worse my eyes are relatively deep set/hooded so in addition to not being able to see eye shadow well it creases and disappears. I watched a video on how to enhance my eye shape and bought this primer hoping to have the shadow last for more than an hour. This product delivers! My eyeshadow looked the same after 15 hours. I love the matte finish and holding power it has on my shadow. I can finally play up my eyes instead of only admiring others. Finding the right products to combat oily skin has been key and now I've found the right product for my eyelids, I'm thrilled! It's a really inexpensive too which is a huge bonus. With all the products we buy it adds up so I really appreciate it when something great doesn't put a strain on your budget.

on 4/27/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this product on a hunch, because I didn't want to invest in a more expencive one from UD or MAC. I didn't expect anything amazing, but I was wrong! I have crazy oily eyelids, but this primer keeps everything in place all day, and all night! Sometimes it does crease the tiniest bit, but it's nothing to worry about. I was particularly impressed after I tried the UD primer potion and it creased really bad on me.

on 4/25/2015 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is pretty good but not for anyone with older skin. It exaggerated the crepey eyelid when I put on shadow. I stay away from shiney shadow for the same reason.

on 4/25/2015 2:23:00 PM

For the record, I have used many different eye primers. My favorite was UDPP for a while but then my income took a dive and I could not let myself buy all my high end makeup that I was purchasing before. So I tried out this beauty. It works. I have not done the experiment thing where I wear one on one eye and the other on the other eye and do a side by side comparison. But this keeps my eye shadow from creasing. Done deal. I'm realistic. That's all I want my primer to do. I don't need it to make me look more awake, be anti aging, make me shoot unicorns from my butt. There are other products I use for those things (with the exception of shooting unicorns from my butt: and if you find a product that does so, please let me know). So why would I pay more money for something when I found a suitable dupe? I'm not that much of a label whore. If you are, more power to you. But drugstore products have really stepped up their game. And I love it!!

on 4/22/2015 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I did really love this primer until I realized how it was drying out my eyelids and I started getting scaly patches of dry skin on my eyelids at the end of the day. The wear for eyeshadow is great but it's not worth what it did to my lids. It's taken weeks for them to get over the dryness.