Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

4.5

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, VP Eicosene Copolymer, Copolymer, Boron Nitride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Synthetic Beeswax, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Sorbic Acid, Octyldodecanol Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, dimethicon, Dimethiconol, Nelumbo Nucifera Stamen Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides CI 77491 CI77492 CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

For years, I switched back and forth between high-end eye primers (UDPP, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Lorac Behind the Scenes eye primer were my faves) and found that they all did about the same job- prevented creasing for 8+ hours and made my eye shadows apply more smoothly.

I tried the Fergie primer because of the rave reviews on this site, and I am so glad that I did. I've been using this for about 6 months, maybe longer. At $4.99, this is less than 1/3 the price of my favorite high-end primers and does the exact same job just as well. If you are on the fence about trying it because WnW isn't known for great primers, I highly recommend giving it a shot, it won't disappoint. I will continue to repurchase.

on 3/17/2015 10:53:00 PM

I've only recently began using a primer and started with elf. Noticed it started creasing after just a few hours and started my research on a drugstore primer. Seeing all the good reviews up here and on YouTube, I decided to buy it. This is amazing. Today was only the second day I've used it but I put my makeup on at 7:30 this morning and took it off at 10:00 pm. Not a crease and no fading! It feels a little thick going on but I think that helps with making the shadow stick. The price is amazing, paid $5.99 at my CVS. Definitely recommend for anyone who is looking for a great drugstore primer!

on 3/15/2015 11:51:00 PM

This is the best eye shadow primer I have ever used. I am so glad I heard about it on reddit. I previously used urban decay and too faced shadow primers (and have tried other drugstore primers as well). My eyeshadow would slide off my lid and settle into my crease entirely after only a couple hours with how oily my eyelids are. I thought I just couldn't wear eye shadows because even the most expensive primers were not doing anything to keep my shadow on my eyelids.
With the wet n wild primer my eyeshadow seriously stays on my lids ALL DAY. I am still shocked. Did not think it was possible for my shadow to last like that.
I would not change a thing about this primer. Feels very smooth going on the lids.

on 3/12/2015 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love this. Would buy again works real well even better than urban decay. Love YA WW!

on 3/6/2015 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my drugstore HG primer. I initially bought it because I was on a primer kick and saw this at CVS and picked it up. My high end HG is the NARS primer which I still love. When I tried it my immediate reaction was it looked like the Too Face primer, which I am not a fan of. Surprise, surprise, it was nothing like the Too Faced primer. I have extremely oily lids and have not found a primer to help save my eye make except the NARS primer. This dare I say works if not equally as good as the NARS maybe slightly better lasting power.

My 2 favorite HG primers
1. NARS
2. W&W Fergie Take on the Day Eye shadow primer

on 3/2/2015 4:45:00 PM

I have oily eyelids, so unless I want my eye makeup to disappear in 1 hour, a primer is a must. I used this on one eyelid and another primer (NARS) on my other eyelid for 5 days, switching eyes in case one is oilier than the other. Every day, either the WNW primer kept my eye makeup looking fresh for longer, or it was a tie. And for $3 versus $25 for the NARS, this is my new HG eye primer.

on 2/25/2015 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The entire Wet n' Wild brand was discontinued in Canada 5+ years ago, unfortunately. Like anyone, I love a bargain, and personally choose to invest my money in good skincare.

I ordered a tube of this primer online, via Beautyjoint in L.A., and it arrived within five days, costing me under $10 (CDN) in total. Having now used it twice, let me say this: I am HOOKED, and this is now my HG lid primer!

However, I've opted to give it 4/5 stars, because I personally wish thatólike BeneFit and Smashbox lid primers, Wet n' Wild would add a concealing aspect to their lid primer, as to neutralize purple, red, and blue tones on the lid (and under eye). As I used FACE atelier Ultra Foundation, I can simply stipple some over the lid primer, or blend a bit of lid primer into my foundation, to apply to my lids and DARK circled under eye area.

on 2/22/2015 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This primer is better than UD primer by far. it does the job, costs less and I don't have to go to the mall to get it. I was disappointed in Urban Decay's primer bc it seemed to be too oily and my eyeliner smudged when using it. I really didn't think WNW would be as great as it is, so this is a winner!

on 2/20/2015 3:37:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I bought this because of all the amazing reviews I read on here.
Plus it was on sale at my local Walgreens for about 3$.
This stuff is great.
Makes my eyeshadow stay on literally all day/night, and makes it apply evenly as well.
Stop spending over 20$ on expensive eyeshadower primers and buy this.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is BETTER than the urban decay primer and a way better price!