July 25, 2014 | 1803 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - True Match Super Blendable Crayon Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by natsiroo

I have had such a good experience with L'oreal true match crayon concealer. For acne prone skin, this is a great concealer that really hides blemishes and acne scars. Only draw back is that it gets a little cakey for under eyes. Other then that, it is a great product and I've already been through seven or eight of these. Great to travel with also!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by immiaaxo

Amazing concealer, love this for everything except under eyes, my eyes are too dry for a stick concealer but this is really great for touch ups! Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay, wow. I love this little crayon! I recently put it to the test against Revlon's Photoready concealer and this product won. I have wanted to try a more full coverage under eye concealer since I don't always get a enough sleep due to work and life in general. This is very creamy and smooth and applies like a dream. I just rub it on one of my fingertips and blend away. (btw: shade purchased N-1-2-3 light/medium)

It gives me the best coverage for dark circles I've ever gotten from a drugstore concealer. This was recommended in Allure's Best of Beauty this year for that very purpose. Their rec's are hit or miss for me but this was a win. I love the True Match foundation and powder (not the newest version of that, mattifying powders break me out). It lasts incredibly well through the day with minimal melting or breaking down. You can reapply more in touch up's without it getting cakey. It doesn't dry out and get weird under my eye like Photoready did (that sucker's going back to the store). It has no shimmer (unlike Revlon), just great color and coverage.

I prefer to use this for my under eye area and under my nose for broken capillary redness. It's good to use for brightening here and there too but to cover blemishes I still go to my Maybelline stick concealer (the basic one that looks like a tube of flesh colored lipstick, that was an Allure Best of Beauty winner one year too). Maybelline's formula spreads and stays put better for me when I need to cover up zits but is the wrong shade for under my eye.

I wish the package twisted up/down and click/locked into place the way Revlon's Photoready does but I do love that there are grooves in the cap and tube that prove a nice clicked down seal when you put it on. I have chubby stick lip products whose lids don't have that and their caps come off a little too easy sometimes.

Anyway, I declare L'Oreal the winner!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by ngunawar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this. Wow. I use it as a foundation because I have a lot of discoloration from post acne scars and I am South Asian with medium- dark skin. I have super oily ski (2 rounds of accutane did not dryy skin out at all-- I remained oily...so you can imagine). So this covers nicely, doesn't settle into pores and it goes on matte, looks good even under fluorescent lights. I am really impressed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I returned this. Did not cover spots well. Was creamy going on but faded off very quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by shiroihikaru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used up my first stick of this and is probably one of the better concealers that I've tried for the drugstore. I got the color in W4-5 and fits my skin color when it was around NC30. But I think my skin is a little lighter now, so this is a tad too dark so I'll be getting a lighter shade. The concealer is a little bit too pink for my skin tone though so it's not a perfect match for my yellow under tone. The consistency of the concealer isn't the creamiest out there like a stick a butter, but it still glides on without skipping around and takes a little bit more work to blend it out. There are two problems with this concealer is that keeps it from being HG. It doesn't give full coverage as I have pretty severe hyper pigmentation of acne scars. So I would look elsewhere to cover these types of spots. It also doesn't last long enough because the oils of my face breaks it apart even if I set it with powder. But It's hard to find a product to last through my very oily face. For the price, almost perfect match and convenient chubby pencil form this concealer has good things going for it than other drugstore concealers I've tried so far!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this concealer for a few months and I figured I'd chime in with my thoughts. This is, pretty much, my favorite drugstore concealer. As others have stated, it's not perfect, but it's pretty damn good. I use it when I want a 'quick face'. It's smooth, blendable and works well with my medium skin tone. It covers up acne scars fairy well along with under eye darkness. Sets fairly well with powder but living in Floirda, I can't skip powder so I can't testify to that. My one problem I have is the packaging. There's hardly any product in here to begin with and then a good fifth of it you can't reach because the crayon wont go up more.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by victorialouren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I was very excited to try this product out, mostly to cover my acne. The packaging is nice and it's easy enough to apply, but it doesn't blend at all. I'm fair skined and I purcahsed the warm toned concealer. It was WAY to dark for me, and I bought the lightest color. It looked really orange on my skin, and it didn't even blend well enough to cover anything. On top of all of that, I had an allergic reaction to it. My face was extremely itchy and flakey for 3 days after I used this.
I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I love the l'oreal super blendable foundation, but I hate all the concealers. Do not even bother with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This concealer is creamy and very easy to blend. It covers redness and my dark circles perfectly. I would highly recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by autumndaygirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For someone who's a beginner in makeup and doesn't want to spend to much on concealer, I would recommend this. BUT, if you get a lot of breakouts like me, then I wouldn't recommend this. this concealer is for people who have perfect skin. it doesn't cover pimples at all, only lightens it. the color range is small. I'm Filipino, so I wasn't sure which one to get, but the light/medium works fine for me. it does cover up redness, undereye darkness(I don't have severe darkness, I'm a teenager so I'm not sure if it'll work for darker circles), and it covers up brown spots. however, it doesn't cover up all brown spots. it sometimes just highlights it. overall, I will not repurchase this. I'll continue to use this while I'm in high school, but I'm going to try to find something better when I go to college.