MD Forte Glycare Cleansing Gel for Oily Skin

3.8

Active Ingredients: 15% Glycolic Compound (a PH-balanced Mixture Of Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Glycolate, Purified Water And Higher-molecular-weight Oligomers Of Glycolic Acid). Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Ammonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Methylparaben (and) Propylparaben, AMB5126.

on 7/8/2007 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this stuff for maybe four or five years now, and I'm only on my third bottle. You only have to use a tiny bit every time you use it, so it lasts a long time, which can help make up for the price and the fact that I can only get it at my dermatologist's office. I have super super oily acne-prone "teenager" skin, and this is the ONLY cleanser I've ever found (and believe me, I've tried a lot) that makes my skin feel...clean. It doesn't control oil all day, but I really got this more for acne, and that's the reason I've kept using it. I have maybe a few zits once a month, as opposed to the constant onslaught of them I had before I used this. I sometimes forget about its effect, but I quickly remember if I'm on vacation and I forget to bring it and the acne comes back with a fury. The only problem with this is that it doesn't wash off super-easily (you don't have to scrub to get it off or anything, but it doesn't wash off instantly like a lot of drugstore cleansers that I've tried) and it can be a bit tightening right after you use it. Also, it doesn't take the place of having a good exfoliator of some sort, which you should have too. This stuff has become indisposable to me. I definitely recommend it to anyone with skin like mine.

on 3/19/2007 3:06:00 PM

I am a life-long oily skinned, acne sufferer and had high hopes for this line but it did absolutely nothing for me even after months of use. I guess glycolic acid isn't my HG. I had better results with ProActiv and Avene Diacneal that this stuff. Packaging is cheap for the price too.

on 11/18/2006 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this gel for about a month, and it has done wonders to help calm down a major hormonal acne flare and its aftereffects. I'm also using Tazorac and minocycline, and of course, they're making a difference too. What I love about the Glycare is that it makes a nearly immediate improvement in my skin tone and reduces redness. That said, I caution people that this stuff will make you peel. I don't always use it twice a day. It stings if I have zit lesions, but the discomfort is minor and goes away quickly. If you have oily skin and acne and are not sensitive to glycolic acid, I highly recommend this. It's my HG cleanser at this point, and I will keep buying it.

on 9/28/2006 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have occasional acne flare ups, so my dermatoligist recommended MD Forte to help exfoliate my skin and unclog pores. I bought the Glycare Cleansing Gel, Facial Lotion I, and Glycare from his office. Since my doctor suggested this line, I thought it would be great and my hopes were way up. Unfortunately, this cleansing gel - along with the other MD products - have not worked well for me at all.

*First off, this cleanser makes my skin break out. After using it, I can see and feel little bumps errupting everywhere. *Secondly, it stings my face badly. I tried to ignore the burn initially, but couldn't ignore the subsequent skin irritations: redness, dryness, itching, pimples. *It does not remove all my makeup. I'm not sure how this deep cleans, when it leaves behind a lot of surface grime. *The gel doesn't foam much. I guess that's a personal preference, but I like a rich thick foamy lather. It also seems to have a residual feel that doesn't rinse off easily.

I haven't had a chance to speak with my dermatologist about this yet. Maybe my skin is just over sensitive to glycolic acid. :-/

on 3/8/2005 5:25:00 PM

I really liked this at first, but ultimately it ended up being too drying. I gave it a "3" overall b/c I think it might be a nice cleanser for those people who have VERY oily skin and who are not bothered by glycolic acid. My skin type: Rosacea / easily irritated.

Even if you have very oily skin, I would suggest only using this cleanser once a day at first (maybe at night, when you have more oil to remove), so you don't over dry your skin. MD Forte products seem like high quality, IMHO, and I really wish this had worked for me.

INGREDIENTS: Purified water, ammonium laureth sulfate, ammonium glycolate, glycerin, glycolic acid, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, ammonium chloride, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben.

on 2/20/2005 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i actually like this product. I've had alot with breakouts in the past, after using this product, it was more controlable. This cleanser is best for those who have oily skin, it can be too drying for others. I'm on my 3rd bottle already, and so far its been pretty consistent with cleaning my skin and not promoting dramatic flareups , like proactiv did.

on 10/20/2004 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this product along with the Glycare I toner and perfection gel. I have gotten GREAT results with these 3 products together. They're pricy, but so far have been worth it as they've given me the results that nothing else has. Using the product is a little strange to me because of the texture (like thin liquid detergent)and the fact that you rub it on without water at first. I didn't think it would get off all my makeup, but it does. The little white dome on top of the bottle comes off alot, but I just leave it off (not a big deal, the black cap stays put). The cleanser can be a bit drying if you don't apply a moisturizer after washing. When I apply one right after cleansing and toning, there's no tightness whatsoever. I have very oily skin and feel this cleanser does a great job.

on 9/23/2004 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product dried out my skin horribly and I suspect made my breakouts worse. I have fairly strong, oily skin and had used the MD forte cleanser II for a month without results, so I switched to the Glycare. Within a week, my skin was tight, dry and peeling. For whatever reason, MD Forte just does not work for me. I've gone back to using gentle products and my skin is clearing up. Plus, the top kept slipping off every time I picked up the bottle. Will not repurchase.

Active Ingredient: 15% Glycolic Compound. Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Ammonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Methylparaben (and) Propylparaben, AMB5126.

on 5/13/2004 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the best cleanser I've ever used. Honestly. It doesn't irritate my skin at all. I've used the different mdf level cleansers and like this better because it's a gel. It leaves my skin clean, soft and acne/breakout/flakiness free.

on 4/8/2004 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Big, fat rave for this cleanser! I have tried cleanser after cleanser for my super-oily, acne-prone face and alas I finally found the one!!! I loved it from the very first day I tried it. It has cut the oilies on my face way down and no more breakouts, even around my TOTM!!! I forget to use my Tazorac at night any more because my face is super clear. The only thing I would change, which would be a minor one at that, is the smell. Not very pleasant, but hey for clear skin who needs a pleasant smell, right?! It really isn't expensive either when you realize that it lasts for a very long time. Update: Stopped working miracles, started burning my face, and my face became accustomed to it and started breaking out. :-(

Popular Face Skincare Products