October 23, 2014 | 1849 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Inked in Pink

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As many reviewers have said, this shade is perfect to throw on when you have no time in the morning, apply with finger-liner-mascara-DONE (w/ the eyes, anyway). I don't usually wear pink on the eyes, but this is a "fleshy" pink, soft & neutral. Worn alone, with primer, it will stay put for 8-10 hrs. Office appropriate, it gives your eyes a subtle sheen; simple, elegant, polished and chic.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am so glad I picked this shade up! Priceline $12AUD and often on sale for $6-9.

NC20 for reference. What's lovely about this shade is that you're able to use it by itself as a nice wash over the lids to brighten your eyes up when you're looking tired. Inked in Pink did what I thought Barely Branded (BB) would do for me. With BB, my lids would look a little stark and I would always have to contour my crease with a deeper colour. Inked in Pink - I smack this on, eyeliner and lashings of mascara and call it a completed look along with my base. You will look pulled together and effortless! The longevity of this product is fantastic.

BUT LO AND BEHOLD! Put it together with Maybelline's ugly Tough As Taupe and watch this colour transform beyond imagination. It's my everyday colour. Tough As Taupe all over the lid blended out. Blend Inked in Pink on top. If you like complex looking taupes. You might find yourself looking at one with this combination. Don't believe me? Swatch both on top of each other instore.. and blend together.
What I like about this combination is that it looks as if I have taken 15 mins doing my eye makeup with the Naked 3 palette (rosy tones from the Inked in Pink is very similar to Dust/Burnout/Buzz in Naked3... Tough as Taupe very similar to Naked 3 Nooner or Naked 2's Tease).

I have returned my Naked 3 palette.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to for a super quick eye look if I'm in a hurry. I put on an eye primer (though probably not necessary), this from lid to browbone, and blend a darker shadow in the crease for dimension- often the matte medium brown from the lorac pro or even a purple for some color. I love how the pink brightens up the area and makes me look more awake, and it lasts all day. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Oh my...defintely one of my TOP favorite shadows now. That is a huge feat in itself because I own literally 300+. This is gorgeous and stays put. Color is a very pretty cupcake pink IMO and is so creamy. Brightens my eyes immediately and ppl comment on how awake I look (I am a mom to a disabled child and rarely sleep much). This is a very nice and easy shadow to have.

I do not have problems with creasing with it and when paired with a powder shadow on top in pink it just becomes intense. LOVE IT!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I find that these dry out really fast and the consistency changes so much that I can't use it anymore. It catches on to some parts of the eyelid and makes the area look very dry. Won't be repurchasing.

So happy I picked this shade up! 'Inked In Pink' is a neutral rosey-pink that I wear as an everyday all over the lid colour. I have 3 of the original shades but the formula of this new collection is so much more creamier and surprisingly creases less than the originals! It is pigmented, long-lasting & so easy to apply. I like to add a similar powder eye shadow on top to add more dimension and prolong the wear of it even more. Highly recommend Maybelline's Color Tattoo's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

* note: sorry In advance for the long review, I try to be as detailed as possible to help other members get a good understanding of the product :-)*

Ok so these are one of my favourite products in my makeup collection. They are so easy to apply and just are simply amazing.

COLOUR/SHADE SPECIFIC REVIEW: this is my FAVOURITE shade in the whole collection. It is a beautiful rose gold colour that looks flawless on the lids. I recommend using it with the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in the shade "Barely Branded" for a flawless yet simple look. Also if you are in a budget and want to do a "done" look I would recommend using Barely Branded as a base up to your brow bone, Using inked in pink all over the lid and then using the Wet n' Wild Colour Icon trio in 381 B "Sweet As Candy" using the labelled "lid" colour on the lid over top of inked in pink and the labelled "crease" colour to define the crease, also using the lablled "browbone" colour in your inner corner for a beautiful inexpensive finished look which is great for every day or pairing with some eyeliner for a nighttime look * The Wet n' Wild trio mentioned retails for 2.97 at walmart*

APPLICATION: for a cream eyeshadow these are EXTREMELY easy to apply. Although you can use a brush, if it is for personal use I recommend using your finger as it is way easier to apply it that way and it takes very little time, giving you a simple, even application.

AVAILABILITY: These are usually well stocked in most stores and are available in pretty much every store that sells "drugstore" makeup, eg: Target, Wal-Mart, Shoppers Drug Mart, London Drugs, etc. Some specific colours I have found are very popular and run out fast though eg: Barely Branded, Bad To the Bronze, and Inked in Pink. I would recommend if you see these colours and are interested to pick them up as you see them.

FUNCTIONALITY: these are so easy and functional to use. The product contains 4g of product and it goes a LONG way. For reference I use my barely branded eyeshadow daily and it lasts me months. Also if you put your finger in the product one dab or finger (if that makes sense :-P) is enough for the whole eye. And they are sweat and oil proof.

PACKAGING: I love, love, love, the packaging of these. It is super sleek and sanitary. And an added plus if you have a large makeup collection like me and have to make the most out of your storage they store really nicely. If you use the long narrow bins that fit the mac blushes or other circle shaped shadows these fit PERFECTLY in them the only thing I would recommend is labelling the side of the product if you have a few of them so they are easier to identify because otherwise you may have to go through a few until you find what your looking for

PRICE: the price of these can vary quite a bit where I live (Canada). They are most usually though anywhere between $4.99 CAN and $6.99 CAN. Depending on the sale schedule. It is quite rare for me th8ugh to see them for $4.99 so I would recommend stocking up when they are that price like I do ;-) :-P

WEAR-ABILITY / LONGEVITY: These products come in so many different colours for every different skin tone. They also have amazing lasting abilities on the eyelid (even for people with oily lids) they also Work great as bases, so if you are trying to get makeup that is a little more budget friendly these are perfect because they eliminate the need for other products.
Not too mention they last all day so by eliminating touch ups you are using less product thus saving money and making the product go further

OVERALL: this is a great "high end" product at a "low end" price that works for all people of all skin types and tones

*Thankyou for reading through my long review and hopefully I was able to help you :-P :-) if you have any questions about this product or certain shades PLEASE feel free to message me. Also feel free to message me if you have any other review requests or questions about certain products as I collect makeup and have a big collection and am going through to review other products in my collection* <3

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good all over colour, works well alone or as a base. I wanted sort of a rose gold colour, and this is the best option available. it is okay, but needs to build up a bit before it can show any colour other than "sparkles". Looks good with about 2 layers, but it very shimmery, which is a definite con. Wouldn't repurchase this colour as I like my others much better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

This color has converted me into a Color Tattoo user. I hate the original colors, but the Metal colors are much more wearable. Tehy are also great as eyeshadow primers. Anyway, this shade of pink is very flattering & gives a nice youthful glow to my lackluster 30 something skin. It's that nice shade of pinky-ness that little kids have naturally, also this pink makes me look more rested & brightens the green in my slightly flat, gray-green eye color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A very pretty and easy pink to wear! As a base or even by itself. I only wish that the formula was a bit smoother/creamier with less sparkle particles in it just for the sake of a quicker application in an even layer.
It's worth working with, though! Definitely would re-purchase.

EDIT: Changed from 4 to 5 stars. Texture is much more workable when warmed & applied with the fingers. Color is still lovely.. wearable and flattering

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Another Color Tattoo Eyeshadow that is a home run. I love this for a subtle shimmery all over the lid eyeshadow. There's a Pixiwoo Milla Jovovich tutorial in which she uses a Chanel Cream Eyeshadow, I think this Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow is a perfect dupe in color and finish.

I uploaded a photo of this eyeshadow on my eyelid, showing single layer coverage. I use it as both an eyeshadow and a base, it works well for both.

These Color Tattoo cream eyeshadows can be applied quickly with your fingers and they last all day. It's perfect for when you're in a hurry but still want a finished look. Inked In Pink is one of the more subtle shades, but it's a gorgeous color on my fair skin. It would make a great highlighter for darker skin, pink without being too gold or warm.

I highly recommend this shade and this product!