August 21, 2014 | 1308 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Stroke of LIght

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This brightener is so great for giving a wide awake look! I have tried four different brighteners in this category (this one, Clarins , Guerlain and Laura Mercier) and this is by far my favourite as it is easy to apply (doe foot wand), make you look so fresh and awake - and when you consider cost per amount of product it is a bargain. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by melaniepich

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this as a sample. I am not a fan of highlighters but I really like this really brightens my check bones and under eyes I use a concealer then I use this because the coverage is very light. I don't mind it

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by flipfloprelatedviolence3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not sure why anyone would rate this poorly because it doesn't conceal. It's not supposed to. It's an eye brightener. If you want coverage this isn't for you. If you want a beautiful hydrating eye brightener this is great. Love the packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Jaymieeb

NOT a concealer. Does not conceal under-eye circles! Should have known that, as it says "brightener." When you go to blend it it doesn't actually cover anything. I returned it the very next day for BE SPF20 Concealer. Hopefully it will work better!
I work in a make up store and was still fooled, but THIS IS NOT good for covering darkness under the eyes. A waste of money if that's what you need.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This will probably replace my YSL Touche Eclat. It's half the price, has more pigment and covers more (even though it's a highlighter) and has less sparkle but still brightens. I also like the clear tube and deer foot applicator better than YSL's brush and gold tube, which gives you no idea when you're running low on product. And BE is chock full of minerals!

I use the lightest color in both formulas, and the BE does not crease, settle into lines or give me any trouble at all. (Neither does YSL.) I don't need a lot of coverage under my eyes, so this does the trick nicely. Summary: YSL has more shine and less coverage. BE has less shine and more coverage.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I was disappointed in this product. After reading reviews on the BE site, you would have thought that this was the highlighter/concealer to beat all. On me, it was not. I purchased the Level 2. I think my skin tone is "light", maybe a little bit darker due to sun this summer, but still overall light. This product in the Level 2 was way too light/bright (Level 3 is "tan," which I definitely am not). This looks almost white on me. The texture in nice (smooth, but a bit thin) and it does have a pretty, low-impact shimmer. But it does nothing to brighten under my eyes, which is what I was really hoping for. I tried using it in conjunction with their powdered "Well Rested" product but the two basically combined to settle in the bags & lines. I'm in my early 30's, a basic product should work for me; I shouldn't need anything too heavy at this point. But this product was not a good color, nor was it very effective. Maybe if your skin is very very fair and very even, it would be nice just for a touch of illumination here & there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I got this in a kit and honestly if I had not, I doubt I would have searched it out. But I saw on QVC that one of the hosts said you could use this under the BE powder concealer for the undereye which I have always struggled to make look perfect with just the powder bisque alone.

So when I got the kit home, I played with that combo and as promised the stroke of light illuminator with the BE powder concealer bisque worked perfectly together. I dot on the stroke of light and blend out and then brush on my summer bisque with the concealer brush and magic occurs. My horrific dark circles are mostly covered. I set with a little tinted pressed mineral veil and coverage lasts all day without creasing.

I have had little to no creasing and coverage lasts with hardly any fading with this formulation and duo and I have been on interviews in high humidity and 90+ heat where I have been self-conscious about how I looked after sweating and rushing around but when I look in the mirror after the crush my 50 + undereyes are still looking good! Two thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by fasab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm done searching for under eye brighteners. I have used countless ones and haven't been impressed enough to repurchase. This changed that. It's been a good beauty month, with two incredible products crossed off my list that I need to keep searching for. I will continue to repurchase this! I use this over my regular under eye concealer (Revlon Colorstay concealer), blend the smallest amount out with my finger, set it with my all over face powder (Too Faced Primed & Poreless) and then with a small amount of Well Rested.

Why will I repurchase this?
Because this is an absolutely flawless product. You need the TINIEST amount to get amazing pay off. If you go overboard - you will blind people. Just three tiny dots under each eye, down the bridge of the nose, on the cupids bow, the chin and between the brows makes you look flawless. I blend this product out with my finger and it literally makes me look 100x more awake. It is so pigmented that I truly believe this is a great value. It will last forever (if I remember to tighten the lid after each use). It keeps my eyes bright, it is such a thin formula that it doesn't crease.

There aren't any cons I can see. Other than stating again - be careful with the amount you apply, it's not a regular undereye-concealer-brightener. It's a highlighter. Like most highlighters, you can go overboard REAL quick. Use it sparingly and it will make you look like a glowing goddess!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I received this as a sample so I have no idea on cost (Luminous 2 on my NW20 skin). At first application it didn't feel like it did anything. But when I walked back to the mirror, my dark circles weren't blaring at me. So it isn't bad, but it isn't great. I think there are a ton of equivalents to this product. If you don't have much in the way of dark under eye circles, but possibly just some shadowing issues, this would be good. For my heavy duty dark circles, Benefit Erase Paste (#2 for me) works much better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this product in sample size a while ago from Sephora. I don't know if it's because it's old, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I doesn't brighten, camouflage, hide or lighten... It does nothing. It does blend correctly and does not cake, but that's it. I will stick to Benefit High beam.