Bare Escentuals Stroke of LIght

3.8

on 1/21/2014 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

hmmm.. so let me start this review by saying that I own this product in the wrong shade. that is part of the reason I don't like it, but not completely. I have it in luminous 1, which is a light pink color. it is VERY pink, which is ok for using under my eyes even though I have yellow undertones. My main issue with this product is that is does not cover anything, it creases like crazy, and it doesn't last for more than a couple of hours.

I would probably purchase it in luminous 2 (light yellow) for highlighting the rest of my face. I don't have fine lines anywhere but under my eyes, and the sheerness and slight shimmer would be nice for facial highlighting.

But if your looking for an under eye concealer, this isn't it, unless you're one of those people with a smooth under eye area with no dark spots.

EDIT: I've since bought luminous 2, and it is GREAT for highlighting/light concealing. This is great for me because I use a heavy duty concealer under my eyes and I use this one on the rest of my face which just needs a bit of concealing/highlight.

on 1/13/2014 1:12:00 AM

This product burnt the skin around my eyes. I don't know how or why as it seems that no-one else has experienced this but at the end of two days of use (just during the day) the skin under my left eye and between my nose and right eye was raised, sore and red. The skin on my right eye still hasn't healed and looks rough, and older. Not impressed.

on 1/12/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It doesn't really do much of anything. I got a sample of this product with a Sephora purchase and it's pretty much just skin colored liquid that doesn't really brighten anything or cover anything up efficiently. Not to mention, if you are very fair, the color spectrum for this product has like zero range for pale people, so it's not really a 'stroke of light' but a 'stroke of slightly-tanner-than-me skin color.'

on 12/29/2013 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a concealer/ luminizer in one. This is great stuff and I haven't come across anything that is too similar with this ingredient list. It brightens the eyes instantly and conceals dark circles well.

I love well-rested from BE and wish they would put that into liquid form as well.

on 12/28/2013 7:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my favorite under eye concealer/highlighter of all time. I have it in Luminous 2, which is the second shade (yellowish undertone). Never really was a fan of bareminerals products, as I wasn't used to their loose powder makeup, but this is definitely a more conventional product. I like it so much because of its thin texture. It spreads and blends so easily around the eye area, making it easy to use and less likely to crease and cake. It makes my eyes look wide and bright and I can't go a day without it.

Keep in mind: it has little (but very subtle) sparkles in it, and it's meant to be an under eye concealer- I would NOT use it as a regular concealer. I don't know about the other shades, but I'm guessing they all might be a bit light for someone who is very tan or dark. I do feel it does a good job at covering my undereye circles, although some said they had trouble with that.

Overall, I think it's definitely worth the 20 bucks or so it costs and I will buy it over and over again.

on 12/4/2013 6:54:00 PM

It's creamy and it brightens the under eye area very well, coverage is good too. Staying power could be better, though still love this! Will repurchase. Only thing is the tip of the applicator is a bit long and wobbly, when I tried to wipe off excess product onto the neck of the tube it flicked some concealer onto my top, which I am having trouble removing u_u;

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This brightener is so great for giving a wide awake look! I have tried four different brighteners in this category (this one, Clarins , Guerlain and Laura Mercier) and this is by far my favourite as it is easy to apply (doe foot wand), make you look so fresh and awake - and when you consider cost per amount of product it is a bargain. Highly recommend!

Not sure why anyone would rate this poorly because it doesn't conceal. It's not supposed to. It's an eye brightener. If you want coverage this isn't for you. If you want a beautiful hydrating eye brightener this is great. Love the packaging.

on 8/29/2013 9:32:00 PM

NOT a concealer. Does not conceal under-eye circles! Should have known that, as it says "brightener." When you go to blend it it doesn't actually cover anything. I returned it the very next day for BE SPF20 Concealer. Hopefully it will work better!
I work in a make up store and was still fooled, but THIS IS NOT good for covering darkness under the eyes. A waste of money if that's what you need.

on 8/21/2013 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This will probably replace my YSL Touche Eclat. It's half the price, has more pigment and covers more (even though it's a highlighter) and has less sparkle but still brightens. I also like the clear tube and deer foot applicator better than YSL's brush and gold tube, which gives you no idea when you're running low on product. And BE is chock full of minerals!

I use the lightest color in both formulas, and the BE does not crease, settle into lines or give me any trouble at all. (Neither does YSL.) I don't need a lot of coverage under my eyes, so this does the trick nicely. Summary: YSL has more shine and less coverage. BE has less shine and more coverage.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products