Bare Escentuals Stroke of LIght

3.8

on 12/29/2013 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a concealer/ luminizer in one. This is great stuff and I haven't come across anything that is too similar with this ingredient list. It brightens the eyes instantly and conceals dark circles well.

I love well-rested from BE and wish they would put that into liquid form as well.

on 12/28/2013 7:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my favorite under eye concealer/highlighter of all time. I have it in Luminous 2, which is the second shade (yellowish undertone). Never really was a fan of bareminerals products, as I wasn't used to their loose powder makeup, but this is definitely a more conventional product. I like it so much because of its thin texture. It spreads and blends so easily around the eye area, making it easy to use and less likely to crease and cake. It makes my eyes look wide and bright and I can't go a day without it.

Keep in mind: it has little (but very subtle) sparkles in it, and it's meant to be an under eye concealer- I would NOT use it as a regular concealer. I don't know about the other shades, but I'm guessing they all might be a bit light for someone who is very tan or dark. I do feel it does a good job at covering my undereye circles, although some said they had trouble with that.

Overall, I think it's definitely worth the 20 bucks or so it costs and I will buy it over and over again.

on 12/4/2013 6:54:00 PM

It's creamy and it brightens the under eye area very well, coverage is good too. Staying power could be better, though still love this! Will repurchase. Only thing is the tip of the applicator is a bit long and wobbly, when I tried to wipe off excess product onto the neck of the tube it flicked some concealer onto my top, which I am having trouble removing u_u;

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This brightener is so great for giving a wide awake look! I have tried four different brighteners in this category (this one, Clarins , Guerlain and Laura Mercier) and this is by far my favourite as it is easy to apply (doe foot wand), make you look so fresh and awake - and when you consider cost per amount of product it is a bargain. Highly recommend!

Not sure why anyone would rate this poorly because it doesn't conceal. It's not supposed to. It's an eye brightener. If you want coverage this isn't for you. If you want a beautiful hydrating eye brightener this is great. Love the packaging.

on 8/29/2013 9:32:00 PM

NOT a concealer. Does not conceal under-eye circles! Should have known that, as it says "brightener." When you go to blend it it doesn't actually cover anything. I returned it the very next day for BE SPF20 Concealer. Hopefully it will work better!
I work in a make up store and was still fooled, but THIS IS NOT good for covering darkness under the eyes. A waste of money if that's what you need.

on 8/21/2013 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This will probably replace my YSL Touche Eclat. It's half the price, has more pigment and covers more (even though it's a highlighter) and has less sparkle but still brightens. I also like the clear tube and deer foot applicator better than YSL's brush and gold tube, which gives you no idea when you're running low on product. And BE is chock full of minerals!

I use the lightest color in both formulas, and the BE does not crease, settle into lines or give me any trouble at all. (Neither does YSL.) I don't need a lot of coverage under my eyes, so this does the trick nicely. Summary: YSL has more shine and less coverage. BE has less shine and more coverage.

on 8/13/2013 10:38:00 AM

I was disappointed in this product. After reading reviews on the BE site, you would have thought that this was the highlighter/concealer to beat all. On me, it was not. I purchased the Level 2. I think my skin tone is "light", maybe a little bit darker due to sun this summer, but still overall light. This product in the Level 2 was way too light/bright (Level 3 is "tan," which I definitely am not). This looks almost white on me. The texture in nice (smooth, but a bit thin) and it does have a pretty, low-impact shimmer. But it does nothing to brighten under my eyes, which is what I was really hoping for. I tried using it in conjunction with their powdered "Well Rested" product but the two basically combined to settle in the bags & lines. I'm in my early 30's, a basic product should work for me; I shouldn't need anything too heavy at this point. But this product was not a good color, nor was it very effective. Maybe if your skin is very very fair and very even, it would be nice just for a touch of illumination here & there.

on 7/31/2013 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in a kit and honestly if I had not, I doubt I would have searched it out. But I saw on QVC that one of the hosts said you could use this under the BE powder concealer for the undereye which I have always struggled to make look perfect with just the powder bisque alone.

So when I got the kit home, I played with that combo and as promised the stroke of light illuminator with the BE powder concealer bisque worked perfectly together. I dot on the stroke of light and blend out and then brush on my summer bisque with the concealer brush and magic occurs. My horrific dark circles are mostly covered. I set with a little tinted pressed mineral veil and coverage lasts all day without creasing.

I have had little to no creasing and coverage lasts with hardly any fading with this formulation and duo and I have been on interviews in high humidity and 90+ heat where I have been self-conscious about how I looked after sweating and rushing around but when I look in the mirror after the crush my 50 + undereyes are still looking good! Two thumbs up!

on 6/20/2013 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I'm done searching for under eye brighteners. I have used countless ones and haven't been impressed enough to repurchase. This changed that. It's been a good beauty month, with two incredible products crossed off my list that I need to keep searching for. I will continue to repurchase this! I use this over my regular under eye concealer (Revlon Colorstay concealer), blend the smallest amount out with my finger, set it with my all over face powder (Too Faced Primed & Poreless) and then with a small amount of Well Rested.

Why will I repurchase this?
Because this is an absolutely flawless product. You need the TINIEST amount to get amazing pay off. If you go overboard - you will blind people. Just three tiny dots under each eye, down the bridge of the nose, on the cupids bow, the chin and between the brows makes you look flawless. I blend this product out with my finger and it literally makes me look 100x more awake. It is so pigmented that I truly believe this is a great value. It will last forever (if I remember to tighten the lid after each use). It keeps my eyes bright, it is such a thin formula that it doesn't crease.

There aren't any cons I can see. Other than stating again - be careful with the amount you apply, it's not a regular undereye-concealer-brightener. It's a highlighter. Like most highlighters, you can go overboard REAL quick. Use it sparingly and it will make you look like a glowing goddess!

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products