Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/22/2015 6:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

An essential and compact matte palette for all! Each shadow is so buttery and smooth, and the colours are gorgeous. Definitely a must have staple. I have been using this heavily for over a year and still haven't hit pan on any of the shades. Only downside would be the price- I payed about $45 AUD for this, which is kinda sad when I look at US prices :(

I am a huge fan of shadow palettes because I like the convenience of being able to create multiple looks from one product. I purchased the Naked Basics palette to travel with because my UD original Naked palette doesn't fit nicely or travel well in my makeup bag. Sadly, this palette doesn't give me a complete look (or a variety of looks for that matter). The first 3 shades are essentially brow bone highlighters for me, while the shade Naked 2 is too cool for my skintone. Faint is a nice crease color, however I have nicer crease colors that I prefer using over this. The reason I gave this palette 4 stars is for the color Crave. It's the richest, darkest black eyeshadow I own and I use in place of eyeliner on days that I'm in a rush, or to smoke out my liquid/gel liners. It's so intense and has great blendability and lasting power without a primer. So to sum up, I generally use this for highlighting my brow bone and as an eyeliner.

on 1/10/2015 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I always avoided any eyeshadow that had anything remotely brown in it but this looks so good on me. I love that with this selection of colors you can create anything from a no make up makeup look to a dramatic smokey eye. The two darkest shades are very pigmented so swipe your brushes lightly on these two.
There's just one thing I personaly don't quite like about this product and that's the matte shades (which are 5 out of 6) being a bit too chalky. The problem here is that they make my eyes look older because of the way they settle into the fine lines of the eyelid. I'm 37 and my fine lines are still pretty much non existent thanks to very good genes but this makes them appear. The good thing is the inclusion of one basic shimmery shade. So I believe this is not a super smart palette for an older person, at least not when used alone, but I hope I'll still be happily using it for a long time.

I use this palette every day. crave is the perfect black eye shadow!

on 1/5/2015 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this palette! I am definitely someone who loves neutral and natural eyeshadow and this is the perfect palette for that!
I own the original naked palette and while I still love that, I felt like it could have done with more matte shades, and this is where this palette comes in. All but on shade (the lightest) is matte.

I'm very fair skinned and I love how all the shades look. The pigmentation is pretty amazing, especially in the 2 darker shades, I find them pretty easy to blend and work with.

The packaging is amazing. It's sleek and compact with a fairly decent size mirror. The colours are by no means original or amazing, but having them all together in such a handy palette is the main reason I love this and reach for it pretty much everyday.

100% would recommend

on 1/4/2015 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow! I didnt want the normal naked because its soooo glittery. So i got this for xmas and have used it every day

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I was a bit skeptical about buying this palette. As I have the other Naked palettes and thought after buying the others what does this palette offer that I have not already got... Well I was glad I did buy it! as now I go for this one before any of the other palettes! The finish on these shadows are amazing! Smooth, flawless and highly pigmented! You have 2 base colours which are great if you want a natural flawless look. A highlighter for under your brows. Then 2 Browns, 1 light brown great for day, a dark brown great for night. And a black which I use for a liner! The only thing i must add is they don't seem to last throughout the day. If applied in the morning you would have to re apply in the evening if your going out. But on saying that I cannot fault it and I love them! I have bought these for a friend for xmas as well! They are all matte apart from the highlighter so a different look completely compared to the other nakeds.

on 12/29/2014 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was a pretty let down by this pallet. I know that UD shadow formulations are very loved in the the beauty world, however, I felt that there are many single shadows that could preform better then these shadows in terms of quality and pigment.

Eye primer used: Saphora Collection 24 hour Glitter Glue or MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

Packaging:

One thing I did truly enjoy this pallets packaging. The pallet is sleek and compact and feels very nice in texture, similar in feel to that of the NARS blushes packaging. The addition of the mirror is great and the size is perfect for up close touch ups on eyes/eye brows. The size of each pan is very generous,even the shadow I have used almost everyday for the last 4 months barely has a dent in it.

Color/Tone:

Venus - Shimmery cream colored white. Fairly warmed toned. I find the shimmer in this somewhat chunky. I would have preferred this to a warm metallic finish. The color is very sheer and even with the addition of a primmer did not show up very well. I did not like this for a brow bone/inner core highlight as the it was far to white.

Foxy & W.O.S - Both shades are matte, one is a more neutral tone beige while the other is a more yellow toned beige. Think the difference of color between MAC's paint pots in “Painterly” and “Soft Ochre”. I am putting these two together as I had a similar experience with both shades. Both had very little pigmentation and were very chalky. Very dry formula. When used as both lid and transition colors, both shades barely showed up even when heavily packed on.

Naked 2: A cool toned light brown. Favorite color in the pallet by far! This shade is much softer then the other matte's and has a fairly good pigmentation. You can certainly build this up to a deeper color. This is my go to crease shade in the pallet. This shades staying powder was better then the both Foxy & W.O.S

Faint: A dark warm matte brown. I found that this shade was not very bendable in the crease. I did try to use this as a liner but I found it to be a little off in color in terms of a brown liner as it is a little too warm. However, I have gotten SO MUCH use out of this as brow powder. I have very warm dark brown hair and this is the perfect color for me in the brows. Not to warm toned for the job, I use this shade everyday in my brows and it lasts all day.

Crave: A basic straight up matte black. I find this is not pigmented enough for a liner shade and is very difficult to blend out on the lid and in the crease. The only uses I have had for the this is setting liquid and gel liner and occasionally darkening up my brows when going for a more dramatic look.

Lasting Power:

With the exception of the Faint, Naked 2 and Crave, the other half the shades in this pallets perform very poorly in terms of staying powder as they tend to wear off very quickly even with the addition of a eye primer. Pigmentation in these shades was also very lacking.

Would I buy again?

No I would not buy this again. I while I have found use for 3 of the 6 shades, I do not feel this was worth the 36 dollars Canadian. I to replace my daily use of the shades Naked 2 and Faint, I will instead use MAC's "Espresso" (Crave) and "Wedge" or "Omega" (Naked 2).

on 12/29/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
good for every day
nice neutral, matte shades
Giant mirror is very convenient
Lightweight case

Cons:
Expensive for only a few colors
Some shades are too light for fair skin

Personally, i love this and i might buy one again or the newer naked 2 basics

on 12/25/2014 9:30:00 PM

I like this product a lot. I use it almost every day. It had nurturel colors in it. And Venus I use the most. I like this product

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
NAKED3
PRO Palette

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products