Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/19/2015 11:36:00 AM

My every day go to palette. I love this and if they made a full size naked palette in all matte shades I would be all over it! The only shade that has some shimmer to it is the first one, but I love it and it's great to use as a brow highlight. I could honestly live without the last black shadow (crave) because black shadows are a dime a dozen, but I still use it on occasion. Favorite shade in the palette by far is "naked2" and I really wish they sold it as a single because I'm probably going to run out of it soon. All around great palette for natural shades, can be used for day time and night time looks. Love it!

The colours are basic, but the quality and payoff are incredible. I love the sleek packaging.
I have been using this daily since I got it, and have gained a new found appreciation for natural smokey eyes.
Highly recommend

on 6/7/2015 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a fan of the natural look that was popular when I was young and first wearing makeup. Not only does this palette deliver that look, it does so while being kind to the older eyes of someone born during the Eisenhower administration. I first discovered this after experimenting with my 22 yr old's palette one day and quickly decided I needed one for myself. Naked2 in this palette is an amazing light taupey shade which is perfection for use in the crease if you are fair and want just a bit of definition. Foxy is a great light base color for me tho it has a bit too much sheen so I layer it over my LM Vanilla Nuts.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really do like this product. As usual with UD eye shadows, the powders are pigmented and easy to blend. I do always get quite a bit of fallout with these shadows though, even after tapping my brush. However, despite all of the neutral eye shadows in the drugstore, I would repurchase this for the quality - drugstore (aside from Wet n Wild, but their most neutral palettes tend to just be trios) shadows can't compare.
For being "basic" this palette is quite versatile. You can do a barely-there look, a neutral look, a smoky look, etc. This is my go-to.
I will say, the UD Naked Basics 2 has a better shade selection, IMO. I personally never use Foxy or WOS.
All in all, a great palette with so many different looks waiting to be created from it!

on 5/8/2015 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a guru classic for a reason, providing a decent amount of a range of colors in useful amounts. If you don't like any one color, it's not like you've invested in a full pan; if you're into combination "looks" the mix of choices will be useful. I like this because I tend to migrate towards light or neutral matte eye looks, so the colors fill needs I already have. I can use a dab of Venus to brighten my inner eyes, or some Crave to enhance my eyeliner; combining the inner colors, especially Walk of Shame and Naked 2, gives me a good range of daytime looks for pale skin. The pigmentation means I don't have to fuss too much to get even coverage, and the fineness of the powder makes it easy to blend out or into another color. I'd highly recommend this for almost any user of eyeshadow who fits any of the above criteria.

on 5/6/2015 9:45:00 AM

UD Naked Basics (Original) is my first ever palette. I had no expectations whatsoever, all I thought about was owning a simple, versatile, and convenient makeup product. Here are my thoughts... :)

1. I really like the packaging. Sleek, compact, and sturdy.

2. I'm very much into matte formulas than shiny or glittery ones so I was pleased that majority of the shadows were matte. But I do like the one shimmery shadow. It works really well as a brow bone and tear duct highlight. lol

3. Since the shades are neutral nudes (does that make sense?) you are free to do a lot of different eye looks. From a soft brown to just defining your eyes for an everyday look to a bold, strong statement smokey look. :P

4. The color pay-offs are the beesssstttttt. Super pigmented. Smooth, buttery. Easy to blend. (thumbs up)

5. I just wish the shapes were different other than UD's signature rectangular shape. Especially for this palette since it's quite small and gives you a lot of experimenting with different looks the amount of product could've been a lot more.

6. $30 for the palette is a tad expensive for me. Maybe $25 would've been better? Too small and lacking on more product for 30 dollars. :(

7. The brown shade (Faint) is P E R F E C T for an eyebrow powder. Can't explain any further.

8. Ideal for travelling cuz of it's versatility and size.

Overall, I looove this palette. I'd re-purchase it. :)

on 4/14/2015 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Unreal pigmentation, fantastic glide on with a good brush, brilliant staying power even without a primer, brilliant blend ability and sleek packaging.

on 3/30/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i love mattes and i love neutrals - this is the perfect combo! all of these shades work very well together but the shade i use the most is definitely WOS for when i'm too lazy to do a eyeshadow look but i still want my lids to look awake. i wish UD sold WOS as a single, though. :( but, these are still some very nice pigmented eyeshadows. i've had no problems blending them with a base color underneath.

on 3/20/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this palette because I don't have to feel like I am wasting the other shades I do not use. In the basics palette, i use 4 colors. Pretty much every color except the black. (because I am typically not an out there makeup person) But overall I love all the colors in this palette! I would totally recommend this to anyone who wants a simple palette without paying a ton:)
One concern I do have is Venus is very chalky in my palette. It tends to go everywhere when I use it.

on 3/9/2015 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Honestly, I've had this product for a while and even though these are all neutral colours, I just can't seem to make them work for me. The colours all look ruddy on me and they're also very boring. Not worth any of the hype whatsoever.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
Contour Kit
NAKED
NAKED
The Nudes
The Nudes

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products