Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/4/2015 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This Naked Basic is a HG for me. I've had it for over a year, and I still love it as much as whe I first bought it. On its own, the look is polished and natural, and so office friendly. Paired w brighter colors, it helps to create wearable fun looks. I'm a neutral eye kind of girl so this palette is right up my alley. The quality of the powder IMHO is fantastic - smooth, pigmented, blendable, (not patchy at all). Never thought I'll ever buy the same eyeshadow palette again, this will be the first.

on 1/30/2015 3:14:00 PM

When I picked up this little palette, I had no idea how much I would love it. In the pan, it looked plain, matte, and multi-tasking. I thought I would need to add shimmery eyeshadows along with this palette while traveling. Well, I have to say, this little palette surprised me completely. Fine milled, glowing and pigmented, these eyeshadows have been the only one's I've been using since I have purchased them. Venus (the first,white shadow of the palette) has become one of my HG eyeshadows (I find it being the only shimmery eyeshadow of the palette). I use it for the lid, inner corners of my eyes, brow bones, highlighting-you name it. I am completely in love with all 6 eyeshadows. I've used this palette for work, for going out. It is the only palette I found that can take you from day to night beautifully. Against my NC25 asian skin, I find that all colors are very flattering and eyeshadows would work with all eye colors. I've never had such a complimentary kit, where I have loved every single color before. Sometimes the naked/neutral colors can run too warm, or too grey. These are all spot on and literally glow against my skin.

I just got this palette I have had the basics 2 and the full naked 2 and 3 for a while and I love all of them. Needless to say this did not disappoint , all the colors are beautiful for everyday and they blend so smooth and stay on forever. I love UD eyeshadow and I will buy more of them. I would most defiantly repurchase this palette also.

on 1/24/2015 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just bought this today and tried it out as soon as I got home. LOVE. To try all the colors, I started out with a barely there, natural look and built up into a smoldering, smokey eye. The powders are creamy, pigmented, easy to blend, and the staying powder is amazing. (I still use a primer though because my lids are oily). The colors are beautiful neutrals and virtually mistake proof. You can easily use any color with other satins, frosts, metalics, etc. And even though the compact is a little expensive, it's going to last a long time. Highly recommend this for a whole range of looks!

on 1/23/2015 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I waited so long to buy UD's Naked Basics-I'm probably the last one on the block to try them out! This is my 1st experience with UD's eye shadows and now I understand why they are so highly regarded. They are very creamy, have high color pay-off, low-to-no fall-out and most colors seem highly pigmented. I think I've avoided UD eye shadows up until now because the majority of them seem to be saturated w/ sparkle, frost, glitter, metalics, sheen and/or shine and I personally prefer matte or a soft lustre finish on my 45+ year old eyes. I think this is a gorgeous set of eye shadows and I love the packaging. I will not repurchase because I find the colors at tad too cool toned/neutral for my personal taste but I can understand why so many people love this palette and UD eye shadows in general.

on 1/22/2015 6:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

An essential and compact matte palette for all! Each shadow is so buttery and smooth, and the colours are gorgeous. Definitely a must have staple. I have been using this heavily for over a year and still haven't hit pan on any of the shades. Only downside would be the price- I payed about $45 AUD for this, which is kinda sad when I look at US prices :(

I am a huge fan of shadow palettes because I like the convenience of being able to create multiple looks from one product. I purchased the Naked Basics palette to travel with because my UD original Naked palette doesn't fit nicely or travel well in my makeup bag. Sadly, this palette doesn't give me a complete look (or a variety of looks for that matter). The first 3 shades are essentially brow bone highlighters for me, while the shade Naked 2 is too cool for my skintone. Faint is a nice crease color, however I have nicer crease colors that I prefer using over this. The reason I gave this palette 4 stars is for the color Crave. It's the richest, darkest black eyeshadow I own and I use in place of eyeliner on days that I'm in a rush, or to smoke out my liquid/gel liners. It's so intense and has great blendability and lasting power without a primer. So to sum up, I generally use this for highlighting my brow bone and as an eyeliner.

on 1/10/2015 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I always avoided any eyeshadow that had anything remotely brown in it but this looks so good on me. I love that with this selection of colors you can create anything from a no make up makeup look to a dramatic smokey eye. The two darkest shades are very pigmented so swipe your brushes lightly on these two.
There's just one thing I personaly don't quite like about this product and that's the matte shades (which are 5 out of 6) being a bit too chalky. The problem here is that they make my eyes look older because of the way they settle into the fine lines of the eyelid. I'm 37 and my fine lines are still pretty much non existent thanks to very good genes but this makes them appear. The good thing is the inclusion of one basic shimmery shade. So I believe this is not a super smart palette for an older person, at least not when used alone, but I hope I'll still be happily using it for a long time.

I use this palette every day. crave is the perfect black eye shadow!

on 1/5/2015 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this palette! I am definitely someone who loves neutral and natural eyeshadow and this is the perfect palette for that!
I own the original naked palette and while I still love that, I felt like it could have done with more matte shades, and this is where this palette comes in. All but on shade (the lightest) is matte.

I'm very fair skinned and I love how all the shades look. The pigmentation is pretty amazing, especially in the 2 darker shades, I find them pretty easy to blend and work with.

The packaging is amazing. It's sleek and compact with a fairly decent size mirror. The colours are by no means original or amazing, but having them all together in such a handy palette is the main reason I love this and reach for it pretty much everyday.

100% would recommend

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
NAKED3
PRO Palette

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products