December 20, 2014 | 1144 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by karliemoore17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really do love this palette. It has all the basic neutral colors you need to do a multitude of looks. I used it almost everyday for months. The colors are very smooth, and apply really nicely. I love the matte browns and black, its so hard to find matte black shadow. The only thing I find I don't like about this palette is the colors do not blend well, its really difficult for me to achieve a Smokey eye look with this because,especially the darker colors, do not want to blend. so I moreso just do a basic, all over lid, crease, and highlight look. For the money you pay for this you would really hope that the shadows would blend better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by NicoFinn

This is my go-to eyeshadow palette when I can't think of what else to do with my eye makeup. It has 6 eyeshadows, all of which are matte except for one which is a satin. The case is small so it travels well. The name really tells all, this is an eyeshadow palette with some basic colors. But they are colors you cannot live without. You get three light tones: a satin ivory brow highlighter, a bone color, and a pale pink-toned color. And you get three browns: a light taupe brown, a medium neutral brown, and a black brown. If you like to go very classic with your eye makeup, this will be your best friend. I use this for my work makeup almost everyday. The light brown in this palette is easily my favorite. You can really get a variety of looks with just these six colors, all of which are very pigmented and blend beautifully. The darkest shade also works well as a liner when used wet. I will continue to repurchase this again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've only been using 5 of the 6 colours in this palette because Foxy doesn't work well with my NC30 skin, but other than that I love this palette! The eyeshadows are highly smooth and pigmented :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by sonshinex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For skin color ref, I'm a NW20-25.

I've been using the Naked Basics palette for about one year (not every single day) and I've found this to be the most useful mini palette I've ever used in my life. I like to stay natural as much as possible for daily use with the eyes so this really works with me. There is only one shimmery shadow in this palette (Venus) and the rest are matte.

Whenever I'm gone on a vacation, long or short, I always find myself bringing this around with me. This case is very sturdy, however sometimes I find it hard to open sometimes if my nails are too long...but I can live with that.

For me this can be used on my eyes and my brows (so I don't have to bring a seperate eyebrow powder and make my makeup bag explode) I mix Naked 2 and just a little bit of Faint for the beginning of my brows and Faint and Crave for the tail end of my brows. It works so well like that. Now for the eyes, I find WOS a little too pink for my skin tone so sometimes I alternate with Venus and WOS for highlighting on my inner corner of my eyes. Foxy is the perfect flesh tone for me, so I usually use that all over my lids, or if I'm going for a darker look, I use Naked 2. Then I define my eyes more with Faint and use Crave as a liner for my eyes.

None of these eyeshadows are chalky, they are all buttery smooth and work so well with each other (maybe except for WOS but I can deal with that since I use so much of the majority of the other eyeshadows) I love this palette so much and I will most definitely repurchase in the future if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by carelesswhisper

This palette is really perfect for me. It's small and practical. I don't use shimmer eyeshadows nor coloured ones, so with this palette I can do pretty much everything I want, from a very natural "nude" eye with some eyeliner to a very strong smokey. The brown shade is great for filling my eyebrows, the only non matte shade is perfect as brow bone highliter and the darkest shade is so dark you can use it as eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Angelbix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is definitely my "go-to" palette, the colors are so versatile and perfect for everyday use! I love that it can easily fit in my purse. The colors can be worn subtly or dramatically depending on how heavy you apply them. I can get a nude look it a smoky look from the same palette. I will definitely be repurchasing !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by hancam1030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This palette is amazing. I use it every day, no lie. If I don't use the whole palette for an eye look, I atleast use a shadow or two in my eyelook, usually Naked 2. The shadows are SO pigmented and they blend amazingly. They last mostly all day (I have oily eyelids) as to be expected with Urban Decay eyesgadows. I have hit pan on venus. I use it all the time, either as a highlight or an all over lid color. My only two gripes are the price, but that's because I'm usually a cheapskate! And also, the palette is hard to open, atleast mine is anyways. I have to wedge the tip of my nail in there and usually always chip some polish off.
This is definately an amazing palette. I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Silverfox7

I have had this palette for over a year and I use it at least 85 percent of the time. I can make my eye look very natural or smoke it out. I use all of the colors except Venus, which is too shimmery for me, but is a beautiful color. I like that it is in a compact with a mirror and that no brush is included. The shades are soft and blend very easily. I have already hit the pan on two of the shades. This really is a must have for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by chukulata

I have this for about a year and been using it almost everyday. This is so PERFECT for an everyday natural look.
If I want to do something very very simple and quick I just mix "Naked 2" and "Faint" and put in on my crease and lower lashes, then just to highlight I just put "Venus" on my brow bone and inner corner and I am DONE!
I love that you can go from day to night look with "Crave" and create a smokey eye.
They're super easy to blend.
Honestly all you need is this palette if your going to travel.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by rkim58

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The palette smells AWFUL. it smells like cat piss. i don't know if i just got a bad batch or something but it smells terrible and it's all i think about when i use the palette. the odor is so strong. the colors aren't that bad and they blend beautifully. it's an above average palette, but the stench is horrid.