November 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Moisturizers - Chanel - Hydra Beauty Gel Creme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

First impression:
Truly does brings radiance to your skin
If perfumy face stuff dont bother you, go for it because just like any other chanel products, they have quite a smell.
You do not need a lot to spread on your face.
If youre oily or combo, ud love it. It makes my combo skin matte yet not drying and hydrated but not oily.

Now on the other hand, before the cream is fully absorbed it feels sticky, so before you put anything else over it, wash your hands thoroughky and do not touch your face.

Oh and i love how they give a small spoon thing so you dont have to stick your finger in the jar, which what almost everyone hates about jars

Update 21 aug 2013
So its been a week now and ive used it day and night.
And i have combined this over my estee lauder anr (first formula) and it gets rid off the sticky feeling.
So i guess i would say put a moisturizing serum under this cream and then voila, youd have a satin dewy yet matt face :p
Oh and it speeds up the blemishclearing process of my skin too :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by galcapsfan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I got a sample of it and I love it. Its lightweight but you don't have to use a ton to get results, the smell is amazing, and you can use it morning and night without over moisturizing your skin. I have normal skin and this is the 'just right' moisturizer for my skin. But its also 85 dollars, and thats two tanks of gas for like an ounce of product so I can't justify it. So instead I have devoted myself to finding a dupe. I believe that the Nuance Salma Hayek Hydra Light Moisturizing Gel might be my answer to this problem, but I will keep you posted.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by XMishiX

Hydra gel creme! A product that's totally solved my skin problems. I have oily acne prone skin and I've used so many medicated creams in order to keep my acne away but none of them managed to do what this gel creme does! Its light texture gets easily absorbed in my skin. I usually use the serum first then the gel creme and a spritz of its essence mist after my makeup. My pimples have significantly reduced and my skin is back with a glowing appearance, its very hydrating and i don't feel like its clogging my pores. Id definitely recommend this for oily to combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by DrMim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic. I bought this Chanel moisturizer after trying out a sample. And I love it. At 47 I have really good skin, no lines at all, I had just the beginning of fine lines around my eyes. This moisturizer has nixed those completely. The tone, colour and appearance of my skin have all improved, and it has also lightened my undereye circles ( I have no idea why but am putting it down to a nice side effect :) ) I like the smell of the product, its light and fresh and it goes well with the texture of the creme. Here in NZ the price is $134.00 for the tub, but I'm happy to pay that. It is our winter at the moment and my skin is quite dry, the hydra creme gets rid of all the dryness, doesn't make me oily or breakout and sits beautifully under my makeup.

Will by again and am planning to by more of the products in the same line.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Makeupskinguru

The only moisturizer that doesn't break me out !! It absorbs nicely , and it sits beautifully under makeup , it kinda works like a primer . It's not an oil CONTROLLING moisturizer , but I definitely think it helps a lot . This does have a fragrance ( which IMO smells lovely) which may bother some , but it has NEVER irritated my super sensitive skin . I can't use anything but a gel moisturizer , because Cetyl , and Cetearyl Alcohol ( which is derived from veggie fats, ex. Coconut, Palm, ect.) is in basically every moisturizer from here to kingdom-come , so I must use gel . But because my skin is a little dry I sought after a thicker, more moisturizing pluming gel , and alas , I have found it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by kpopurplespider

I got a chance to try out the samples for Hydra Beauty Serum and Hydra Beauty Gel Creme. And I can tell you, they are amazing! It's light weight and it's absorb easily into the skin. Not oily for humid and hot weather and it smell very nice! Cons: It's just too expensive for such a small bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 6:06:00 AM More reviews by pauvres

I have repurchased this Chanel moisturiser and i just love it. Such a great texture, and a much better formulation when compared to the hydramax + which was a greeny colour and rather off putting. As per Chanel, this moisturiser is scented but i actually don't mind that at all. I especially love the Polyfractioned active indgredients which is basically making them to their purest form, but still maintaining the same effect while leaving the moisturiser easy to absorb onto the skin. My current moisturiser i've had for 3 months and it is around a half full. The only con is that it can be too rich on my skin in the morning so i've been using the hydration fluid from Chanel as they compliment each other perfectly. A fantastic product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros:
(1) This really does instantly soften and plump the appearance of skin.
(2) The light scent is pleasant.

Cons:
(1) This is for 'normal' skin types but is really not mositurizering enough, especially not for winter.
(2) Slight discomfort and irritation on my skin.
(3) Wearing this, my face feels packed with intense ingredients that doesn't feel natural and gives my skin a bit of a headache.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No