April 18, 2014 | 1763 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Sarahmercedez

i dont get why people usually complains about fragrance and stuff cause i find, weird. actually if the products contains and emphasize on the fragrance, is NOT a good thing, as its a chemical that can actually affect your skin, so again, the more natural the product is without much fragrance is actually A GOOD thing.

anyways, i love this cleanser! and at first, i was so scared to try this, cause my skin is wayyy sensitive then any skin that i know, so i have to be too careful, cleanser and acne are like best mates, if you used the wrong cleanser it will and definitely worsen your acne,
but amazingly it did not worsen my acne conditions, and did a great job keeping it squeaky clean! adding it with the night treatment would do a tremendous job on clearing out my acne, and the price is great too !

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by lbella22

This cleanser isn't horrible, smells nice but doesn't lather at all it's like rubbing lotion on your face. It was a tad spendy for the quality that it is, and the packaging isn't the best, it's in a hard plastic container that is hard to squeeze, I don't think I will purchase again, I think I paid around $13 for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by stargirl114

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Initially when I bought this cleanser I wasn't very impressed. However it has grown on me and is now my HG cleanser. I am on my third bottle of this and have used it the most of any face wash I have tried. It is a very gentle cleanser that just gets my face clean. It doesn't dry my skin out or leave me an oily mess. It has a nice natural smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by melaniejade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It pains me to say this - but I really dislike this product.

I purchased TBS Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser online - as this product is not for sale in Australian Body Shop stores.

It isn't effective at removing make up, and I feel that it leaves a film on my face after use.

I am contemplating purchasing the Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash, with the hope that it is more effective than the Cream Cleanser.

It is not sensitive skin friendly (I have dry to sensitive skin with a slightly oily T-zone).

The Seaweed Purifying Facial (cream) Cleanser retails for 7.99 GBP

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The salesperson at the Body Shop advised me to buy this when I told her I had very oily skin. She asked if I get break outs and I told her no. I was going to buy the Tea Tree oil cleanser but she suggested this one instead as more appropriate for oily skin without pimples. She was wrong. If you have oily skin I would recommend the Tea Tree oil cleanser; it's actually not as drying as this one and doesn't have whatever it is that stings your eyes in it. My main objection to the seaweed cleanser is that if you get it into your eyes or if you have any kind of sore on your face this stuff will hurt like hell. The list of chemicals on the container is amazing. I find it hard to believe that huge list of chemicals can be good for your skin. And the Body Shop is supposed to be all natural! I noticed a number of complaints here that the Seaweed cleanser doesn't remove makeup well. I didn't find this. It won't remove eye makeup but I don't rely on a face cleanser to do that. I use baby oil.
As an aside I noticed that the Body shop seems to have fewer products on sale. The cosmetic line is also very reduced compared to years ago. The soap bars are much smaller than before and the prices are as high as ever. I've never been that keen on Body Shop stuff; a lot of hype about it's naturalness that doesn't really deliver.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

I bought this to remove the muck off of my face that accumulates overnight, and as a second cleanser after I rinse off my oil cleanser. Thus, I had no expectations regarding its ability to remove makeup. I was hoping that being from this line it would really rinse off, the way my Clarisonic cream cleanser does, but it doesn't, and that's my biggest complaint. I apply wet and move around, and it feels like it's removing dirt as I wipe it all around my face. But, alas, when I try to rinse it just doesn't rinse off as well as the Clarisonic does. I think I just have to splurge and re-buy the Clarisonic cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by itshyorish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was reluctant to buy this after reading all these bad reviews but for me personally, this is the best cleanser I have tried in forever.
I don't expect it to remove my makeup (it's a very gentle cleanser) but I use it in the morning to get rid of any impurities that have built up over-night and to wash off the oil that has accumulated while I was sleeping and it does the job well. Also what I have noticed is that the cleanser really mattifies the skin without drying it out which is pretty amazing. I've noticed that it also has oil control properties and my skin doesn't get as oily during the day. The appearance of my skin has drastically improved and all the oil seeds on my forehead that I've always had have vanished (but this could be due to other changes I've made in my skincare routine)
For those who have combination skin (I have normal skin on my cheeks with a very oily T zone) I would definitely recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not a particularly effective cleanser. It fails to fully clean and seems to leave a film on my face. The packaging isn't the best either - more than once I've attempted to squeeze out some product only to have the bottle go flying out of my wet hands. Nice scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This cleanser is nothing special for me. I have combo/oily skin so I wanted to try this from the seaweed line to see if it delivers the purifying and mattifying qualities it advertises.

First off, the description of this cleanser says that it is oil and soap free and will effectively remove all the makeup, oil and dirt from your face. I find this to be - at best - minimally true if I am not wearing any make up. One time I hoped I could clean my face of a light application of powder, blush, bronzer and the cotton pad that I used for my toner afterwards told me otherwise. This face wash is not strong enough to be an effective "purifying" cleanser. On the other hand, because it is such a weak cleanser I suppose it is good for a quick rinse during the middle of the day or something if you want to freshen up.

This cleanser did not leave my face feeling soft and smooth either. Although because it does not strip your face of its oils, I can see that claim sort of true...not because of anything in the cleanser but rather because of the natural oils on your face remaining on your face...so much for a cleanser.

The bottle is also bad to get product out if you have less than half left but I think that would be complaining too much ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 5:49:00 AM More reviews by kate2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combo skin (really oily T-zone and itchy flaky skin around the edges, with mild acne). I've used everything, and until now, the Neutrogena Stress Control line was the only thing that would keep my acne in check, although it was terribly drying. This has completely cleared up the acne, cut down the oil, and restored moisture to the part of my face that needs it. I used this cleanser in conjunction with the toner and mattifying moisturizer. Believe it or not, this is my HG cleanser. I'm almost through the bottle and I will definitely be buying it again.