December 19, 2014 | 885 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It doesn't work. It didn't help me with my acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by ROFLsmacker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not really for me. It couldn't remove all my mascara, it stung my eyes a little and it smelt like sea breeze, which isn't really for me. It is an okay product, not amazing. I Will not buy again as it is not worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Vickybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have no idea what prompted me to buy this, but it made me break out and the fragrance (light as it is) stung around my mouth. I think it's the linalool my skin didn't like. Sensitive-skinned people, I would steer clear. I examined each and every cleanser in their store and I couldn't find any product that DIDN'T have my triggers (shea butter, excess oils and extracts, and coconut derived ingredients). Those of you with better skin than I might have better luck.

Plus the saleslady was a boo about the return, but that isn't influencing my review. It just makes me not want to shop there for any other products, despite their nice sales and easy availability.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by whitecatdisguised

This stuff makes my combination skin feel sooo soft. It's a really good product to be used as a cleanser. I haven't seen any fault in it, except the price. It is pretty pricey, and the cleanser will run out fast if you do a daily routine, unless you change the cleansers up. But I don't, so this stuff is running out pretty quick.
This is a great product, but I wish it could be cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by rachelxelizabeth

I think this is great for what it is. It's a very gentle cleanser, I use it along with the seaweed today and face lotion and my face is super soft and clean :) I'll repurchase if I can't find something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by katiekatmeow

I told the lady at The Body Stop that I have oily and acne prone skin, and she told me to get this cleanser, and it's okay. But this really dried out my skin which is almost impossible because I'm so oily! I really don't know how that happened. Even though my skin got dry and flaky, my skin would still get oily during the day so it was a really weird situation. It just didn't work for my skin. It is probably better if it isn't used daily, maybe that's where I went wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by sho52

A friend recommended this product to me when I had very bad acne back in my freshmen year of college. I would get very bad break outs with a forehead full of pimples. This was the ONLY cleanser that actually calmed my skin and made it better. I used it every night before bed. My skin looked so much better after a month.

I've been using this product for about 3 years now. I'm no longer getting any control for zits. It may be because my skin is so use to it, but it's the only cleanser that helps my combo skin stay matte and less greasy.

This product honestly doesn't do a good job at removing make up. It helps with LIGHT make-up, but if you're the type to use heavy foundation and waterproof mascara, this isn't the product you would want to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Sarahmercedez

i dont get why people usually complains about fragrance and stuff cause i find, weird. actually if the products contains and emphasize on the fragrance, is NOT a good thing, as its a chemical that can actually affect your skin, so again, the more natural the product is without much fragrance is actually A GOOD thing.

anyways, i love this cleanser! and at first, i was so scared to try this, cause my skin is wayyy sensitive then any skin that i know, so i have to be too careful, cleanser and acne are like best mates, if you used the wrong cleanser it will and definitely worsen your acne,
but amazingly it did not worsen my acne conditions, and did a great job keeping it squeaky clean! adding it with the night treatment would do a tremendous job on clearing out my acne, and the price is great too !

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by lbella22

This cleanser isn't horrible, smells nice but doesn't lather at all it's like rubbing lotion on your face. It was a tad spendy for the quality that it is, and the packaging isn't the best, it's in a hard plastic container that is hard to squeeze, I don't think I will purchase again, I think I paid around $13 for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by stargirl114

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Initially when I bought this cleanser I wasn't very impressed. However it has grown on me and is now my HG cleanser. I am on my third bottle of this and have used it the most of any face wash I have tried. It is a very gentle cleanser that just gets my face clean. It doesn't dry my skin out or leave me an oily mess. It has a nice natural smell.