July 29, 2014 | 1511 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by katiekatmeow

I told the lady at The Body Stop that I have oily and acne prone skin, and she told me to get this cleanser, and it's okay. But this really dried out my skin which is almost impossible because I'm so oily! I really don't know how that happened. Even though my skin got dry and flaky, my skin would still get oily during the day so it was a really weird situation. It just didn't work for my skin. It is probably better if it isn't used daily, maybe that's where I went wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by sho52

A friend recommended this product to me when I had very bad acne back in my freshmen year of college. I would get very bad break outs with a forehead full of pimples. This was the ONLY cleanser that actually calmed my skin and made it better. I used it every night before bed. My skin looked so much better after a month.

I've been using this product for about 3 years now. I'm no longer getting any control for zits. It may be because my skin is so use to it, but it's the only cleanser that helps my combo skin stay matte and less greasy.

This product honestly doesn't do a good job at removing make up. It helps with LIGHT make-up, but if you're the type to use heavy foundation and waterproof mascara, this isn't the product you would want to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Sarahmercedez

i dont get why people usually complains about fragrance and stuff cause i find, weird. actually if the products contains and emphasize on the fragrance, is NOT a good thing, as its a chemical that can actually affect your skin, so again, the more natural the product is without much fragrance is actually A GOOD thing.

anyways, i love this cleanser! and at first, i was so scared to try this, cause my skin is wayyy sensitive then any skin that i know, so i have to be too careful, cleanser and acne are like best mates, if you used the wrong cleanser it will and definitely worsen your acne,
but amazingly it did not worsen my acne conditions, and did a great job keeping it squeaky clean! adding it with the night treatment would do a tremendous job on clearing out my acne, and the price is great too !

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by lbella22

This cleanser isn't horrible, smells nice but doesn't lather at all it's like rubbing lotion on your face. It was a tad spendy for the quality that it is, and the packaging isn't the best, it's in a hard plastic container that is hard to squeeze, I don't think I will purchase again, I think I paid around $13 for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by stargirl114

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Initially when I bought this cleanser I wasn't very impressed. However it has grown on me and is now my HG cleanser. I am on my third bottle of this and have used it the most of any face wash I have tried. It is a very gentle cleanser that just gets my face clean. It doesn't dry my skin out or leave me an oily mess. It has a nice natural smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by melaniejade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It pains me to say this - but I really dislike this product.

I purchased TBS Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser online - as this product is not for sale in Australian Body Shop stores.

It isn't effective at removing make up, and I feel that it leaves a film on my face after use.

I am contemplating purchasing the Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash, with the hope that it is more effective than the Cream Cleanser.

It is not sensitive skin friendly (I have dry to sensitive skin with a slightly oily T-zone).

The Seaweed Purifying Facial (cream) Cleanser retails for 7.99 GBP

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The salesperson at the Body Shop advised me to buy this when I told her I had very oily skin. She asked if I get break outs and I told her no. I was going to buy the Tea Tree oil cleanser but she suggested this one instead as more appropriate for oily skin without pimples. She was wrong. If you have oily skin I would recommend the Tea Tree oil cleanser; it's actually not as drying as this one and doesn't have whatever it is that stings your eyes in it. My main objection to the seaweed cleanser is that if you get it into your eyes or if you have any kind of sore on your face this stuff will hurt like hell. The list of chemicals on the container is amazing. I find it hard to believe that huge list of chemicals can be good for your skin. And the Body Shop is supposed to be all natural! I noticed a number of complaints here that the Seaweed cleanser doesn't remove makeup well. I didn't find this. It won't remove eye makeup but I don't rely on a face cleanser to do that. I use baby oil.
As an aside I noticed that the Body shop seems to have fewer products on sale. The cosmetic line is also very reduced compared to years ago. The soap bars are much smaller than before and the prices are as high as ever. I've never been that keen on Body Shop stuff; a lot of hype about it's naturalness that doesn't really deliver.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

I bought this to remove the muck off of my face that accumulates overnight, and as a second cleanser after I rinse off my oil cleanser. Thus, I had no expectations regarding its ability to remove makeup. I was hoping that being from this line it would really rinse off, the way my Clarisonic cream cleanser does, but it doesn't, and that's my biggest complaint. I apply wet and move around, and it feels like it's removing dirt as I wipe it all around my face. But, alas, when I try to rinse it just doesn't rinse off as well as the Clarisonic does. I think I just have to splurge and re-buy the Clarisonic cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by itshyorish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was reluctant to buy this after reading all these bad reviews but for me personally, this is the best cleanser I have tried in forever.
I don't expect it to remove my makeup (it's a very gentle cleanser) but I use it in the morning to get rid of any impurities that have built up over-night and to wash off the oil that has accumulated while I was sleeping and it does the job well. Also what I have noticed is that the cleanser really mattifies the skin without drying it out which is pretty amazing. I've noticed that it also has oil control properties and my skin doesn't get as oily during the day. The appearance of my skin has drastically improved and all the oil seeds on my forehead that I've always had have vanished (but this could be due to other changes I've made in my skincare routine)
For those who have combination skin (I have normal skin on my cheeks with a very oily T zone) I would definitely recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Not a particularly effective cleanser. It fails to fully clean and seems to leave a film on my face. The packaging isn't the best either - more than once I've attempted to squeeze out some product only to have the bottle go flying out of my wet hands. Nice scent.