October 21, 2014 | 2157 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Vickybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have no idea what prompted me to buy this, but it made me break out and the fragrance (light as it is) stung around my mouth. I think it's the linalool my skin didn't like. Sensitive-skinned people, I would steer clear. I examined each and every cleanser in their store and I couldn't find any product that DIDN'T have my triggers (shea butter, excess oils and extracts, and coconut derived ingredients). Those of you with better skin than I might have better luck.

Plus the saleslady was a boo about the return, but that isn't influencing my review. It just makes me not want to shop there for any other products, despite their nice sales and easy availability.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by whitecatdisguised

This stuff makes my combination skin feel sooo soft. It's a really good product to be used as a cleanser. I haven't seen any fault in it, except the price. It is pretty pricey, and the cleanser will run out fast if you do a daily routine, unless you change the cleansers up. But I don't, so this stuff is running out pretty quick.
This is a great product, but I wish it could be cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by rachelxelizabeth

I think this is great for what it is. It's a very gentle cleanser, I use it along with the seaweed today and face lotion and my face is super soft and clean :) I'll repurchase if I can't find something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by katiekatmeow

I told the lady at The Body Stop that I have oily and acne prone skin, and she told me to get this cleanser, and it's okay. But this really dried out my skin which is almost impossible because I'm so oily! I really don't know how that happened. Even though my skin got dry and flaky, my skin would still get oily during the day so it was a really weird situation. It just didn't work for my skin. It is probably better if it isn't used daily, maybe that's where I went wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by sho52

A friend recommended this product to me when I had very bad acne back in my freshmen year of college. I would get very bad break outs with a forehead full of pimples. This was the ONLY cleanser that actually calmed my skin and made it better. I used it every night before bed. My skin looked so much better after a month.

I've been using this product for about 3 years now. I'm no longer getting any control for zits. It may be because my skin is so use to it, but it's the only cleanser that helps my combo skin stay matte and less greasy.

This product honestly doesn't do a good job at removing make up. It helps with LIGHT make-up, but if you're the type to use heavy foundation and waterproof mascara, this isn't the product you would want to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Sarahmercedez

i dont get why people usually complains about fragrance and stuff cause i find, weird. actually if the products contains and emphasize on the fragrance, is NOT a good thing, as its a chemical that can actually affect your skin, so again, the more natural the product is without much fragrance is actually A GOOD thing.

anyways, i love this cleanser! and at first, i was so scared to try this, cause my skin is wayyy sensitive then any skin that i know, so i have to be too careful, cleanser and acne are like best mates, if you used the wrong cleanser it will and definitely worsen your acne,
but amazingly it did not worsen my acne conditions, and did a great job keeping it squeaky clean! adding it with the night treatment would do a tremendous job on clearing out my acne, and the price is great too !

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by lbella22

This cleanser isn't horrible, smells nice but doesn't lather at all it's like rubbing lotion on your face. It was a tad spendy for the quality that it is, and the packaging isn't the best, it's in a hard plastic container that is hard to squeeze, I don't think I will purchase again, I think I paid around $13 for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by stargirl114

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Initially when I bought this cleanser I wasn't very impressed. However it has grown on me and is now my HG cleanser. I am on my third bottle of this and have used it the most of any face wash I have tried. It is a very gentle cleanser that just gets my face clean. It doesn't dry my skin out or leave me an oily mess. It has a nice natural smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by melaniejade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It pains me to say this - but I really dislike this product.

I purchased TBS Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser online - as this product is not for sale in Australian Body Shop stores.

It isn't effective at removing make up, and I feel that it leaves a film on my face after use.

I am contemplating purchasing the Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash, with the hope that it is more effective than the Cream Cleanser.

It is not sensitive skin friendly (I have dry to sensitive skin with a slightly oily T-zone).

The Seaweed Purifying Facial (cream) Cleanser retails for 7.99 GBP

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The salesperson at the Body Shop advised me to buy this when I told her I had very oily skin. She asked if I get break outs and I told her no. I was going to buy the Tea Tree oil cleanser but she suggested this one instead as more appropriate for oily skin without pimples. She was wrong. If you have oily skin I would recommend the Tea Tree oil cleanser; it's actually not as drying as this one and doesn't have whatever it is that stings your eyes in it. My main objection to the seaweed cleanser is that if you get it into your eyes or if you have any kind of sore on your face this stuff will hurt like hell. The list of chemicals on the container is amazing. I find it hard to believe that huge list of chemicals can be good for your skin. And the Body Shop is supposed to be all natural! I noticed a number of complaints here that the Seaweed cleanser doesn't remove makeup well. I didn't find this. It won't remove eye makeup but I don't rely on a face cleanser to do that. I use baby oil.
As an aside I noticed that the Body shop seems to have fewer products on sale. The cosmetic line is also very reduced compared to years ago. The soap bars are much smaller than before and the prices are as high as ever. I've never been that keen on Body Shop stuff; a lot of hype about it's naturalness that doesn't really deliver.