November 24, 2014 | 895 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher Water Resistant

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Annietwinkletoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the way this makes my lashes look - lifted, defined, volumized but still fluttery. It doesn't live up to its water resistant billing though. One sneeze and this started to run into my eyes. It lasted about 5 minutes after that because something irritating in the ingredient list made my eyes stream with tears.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

sweet mother Mary it just doesn't get better than this mascara.

This has been my go to mascara since the beginning, so much in fact that when I emptied the first tube, I cleaned off the brush and kept it. so I could use it with other mascaras. The brush itself is just that good. This keeps my lashes in place and looking fab ALL DAY, it doesn't matter what I do. It keeps em long, luscious, and beautiful.

My only complaint has to be the packaging, not the brush, just the color and shape of the tube, it is very chubby and bright. Don't get me wrong, the bright color makes it super easy to find in my hell pit of a makeup bag, but it is very obnoxious and not very sleek. One of my favorite reviewers once said--

"I don't care for the teeny bopper packaging. It looks like it should come with a Justin Bieber trading card"

If that didn't give you a good laugh, I don't know what will. But honestly, the packaging leaves something to be desired, because it obviously isn't very classy. But I'm a teen, so no one really cares if my mascara tube is bright green, lol.

This mascara is outrageously good, if you haven't tried it yet, I really suggest it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this totally on a whim.
I was out getting groceries and happened to find myself in the make-up aisle (*eyeroll*) and saw this on sale for 6.99usd. Being that I'm a fan of CG's LashBlasts in general, I thought I'd try this out. So, I chucked it into my cart among the bananas and bibb lettuce and went upon my merry way.
Next day I decided to try it, only to find out....OMG....it's water resistant! I didn't realize that when I chucked it into my cart but, oh well. I do not use water resistant/proof mascaras - never have - but I bought it, so I should try it, right?
Wow.
I'm very impressed.
It's truly a "clump crusher", for sure. I found it to go on smoothly, evenly, and very black.
It added great thickness, a bit of length, and 2 good coats was satisfactory for me.
Now, I've seen the negative reviews and it seems that the common denominator for those is that it doesn't hold a curl. I can't speak to that, as I do not curl my lashes. I've also seen complaints about it not being "waterPROOF". It's not. It's clearly labeled as being "waterRESISTANT". Big difference.
Having said all that, here is my breakdown:
Great thickening/semi-lengthening water RESISTANT formula for every-day wear. For those (like me) who are shy about waterproof formulas and their ilk, and the difficulty in washing them off...fear not! This mascara is SO easy to wash off at the end of the day. I can't say it's truly waterPROOF, but it IS resistant. I've cried from laughter, had watery eyes from smoke, and have even rubbed at my eyes a little bit...no smudges.
So, yeah.
Don't use it if you need a curler. Totally use it if you're prone to a tear or two but still want the lashes. ;)
Update on 4/05/14: I have been reaching for this every single day. I'm surprised at this, seeing as how I wasn't really expecting much when I first bought it. It looks great either on its own, or with shadow & liner and I really, really like the ease in washing it off. If I want added drama, I just wait a little bit and add a 3rd coat. Either that, or I'll use my Tarte. But what a pleasant discovery for an every-day mascara!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I usually wear a combo of Benefit's They're Real and Maybelline the Falsies Flared WP to create lush, long, and volumized lashes. Lately, my usual pair of mascaras hasn't been delivering the oomph I want, so I tried Clump Crusher. Fat green tube, similar to Lash Blast which I used to love. I do like the curved slender brush with its short, plastic bristles. It delivers product evenly and really separates the individual lashes. With one coat, I got great definition and deep black color. Two coats improved my length quite a bit, but I still had to add another mascara for volume because this didn't really give any. I wear waterproof mascaras because I have straight lashes that do not hold a curl on their own. Clump Crusher is the only WP mascara that actually undoes my curl. The formula is way too wet and weighs my lashes down. I end up having to recurl them entirely so if you do not feel comfortable curling mascara'd lashes, bear this in mind. Also it is NOT WATERPROOF AT ALL. I do like how my lashes look with Clump Crusher as long as I wear it in conjunction with another mascara and recurl after it has dried. That is a little too much effort to make a drugstore mascara work so I won't repurchase this. I recommend it to those with curly lashes who want great separation and more of a natural, daytime look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Jenyfyr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love, love, LOVE this stuff! Definitely my HG. My average lashes become fabulous with 2 coats of this stuff, which is pretty awesome for a drugstore brand! Love that it washes off easily with my regular face wash, too (definitely do not assume it's WATERPROOF - water resistant is just what it says!) My only complaint is that I feel like it only lasts me about 4 weeks before it really starts drying out in the tube, so I docked a lippie for that, though that problem is certainly not unique to this mascara. Easy to solve though - just stock up when it's on sale!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 4:40:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe this mascara has such a low rating...this is absolutely the BEST mascara I have ever used...and at 47, I've used a lot! I have fairly long, curled lashes, but they are getting more sparse and are quite light naturally. When I apply Clump Crusher I have a method. i start with the top lashes on one eye, go to the other eyes' top, then back to the first eyes' top, then the bottom, etc. that way the coats don't fully dry, which leads to better buildability. I apply probably 4-5 coats and my lashes are PERFECT!! It truly looks like I'm wearing false lashes!! No clumps whatsoever with amazing volume!! Now, I don't think this lengthens dramatically, but it does some and extra length is not what I'm looking for anyway. I prefer Waterproof simply because my eyes water in sunlight or when it's windy. I have the regular formula as well as the brown and they are each fine for different situations. In the past, the only other mascara I have enjoyed this much is Chanel's Inimitable. Unfortunately the price keeps me from buying this one with any regularity. For those who don't care for Clump Crusher, I suggest tweaking the application method a bit. I find it difficult to build if I wait too long between coats. With the method I described above, the results can be astounding!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by VictoriaMama

I've bought this numerous times, and love it. The regular one (non-water-resistant is not as good.
Comes in brown, black and very black. LOVE the brown for a more subtle look, LOVE LOVE the black for any other time. HG of drugstore brands BAR NONE! I have great lashes, but this makes me look like I put fake ones one with two coats. Separated, long, fluttery.

I keep back-ups.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by alanisrubiano

I was so excited after hearing all the good reviews, but I was so disappointed, doesn't hold a curl, its a very wet formula, and its not even waterproof!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

2.5/5 lippies
It's an ok mascara. It slightly lengthened and volumized. But like most cover girl mascaras it doesn't hold a curl. It also started to flake off after 5 hrs of wear... So I was picking little pieces of mascara bits off my under eyes...
The packaging is way too bulky.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by ZanaDi

I went out of my way to buy the waterproof version and only found 'water resistant'. Very disappointed when I came back inside after brushing snow of my car for 5 mins to see I looked like Alice Cooper with it dripping down my face. VERY disappointing and expensive.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No