Cover Girl Lash Blast Clump Crusher Water Resistant

3.0

on 1/6/2015 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I found this mascara to be a nice daily mascara:

- it holds curl for me all day
- minimal to no panda eyes at the end of the day
- feels really good to apply - wetter formula + curved brush are nice
- virtually no detectable scent
- as advertised, no clumping

Cons/why I likely won't repurchase:
- absolutely not water-resistant - I've used water-resistant Lash Blast Fusion as my everyday mascara for years and that can handle serious water in the face, including tears, but this one cannot
- since so wet and not clumpy, it takes longer to layer to get the look you want
- smudges during application
- I plan to take the brush from the tube I have and after sanitizing, use it with Fusion!

2/9/15: Torn about repurchasing. I'm enjoying layering with it and I still enjoy the brush quite a bit!

on 1/2/2015 11:05:00 PM

Stays put @ true to name - does not clump. Wonderful to apply.

I bought this with high hopes because a lot of people were recommending it with photos and all. I was impressed the first time I tried it with one coat in the mall because it really didn't clump and they looked beautiful. When I bought it and tried it out, it disappointed me so much. It didn't hold the curl and even after a few minutes of just applying it. It would smudge a bit after a few hours. It's not water resistant and it just made me sad. I wouldn't buy this mascara again.

on 10/4/2014 12:26:00 PM

Doesn't hold a curl. Doesn't plump up lashes. I don't even know if it's waterproof. I want my money back.

on 9/4/2014 5:25:00 PM

Looks nice enough when applied, in a natural way, but not remotely waterproof.

on 8/21/2014 10:18:00 AM

Not a bad mascara, but like others have said not water resistant and doesn't hold a curl

on 7/21/2014 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

A pretty decent mascara. I have said ALL mascara clump but this mascara makes it almost impossible to have clumpy lashes. I never reach for my eyelash comb with this. This holds a curl well and you need a specific eye makeup remover at the end of the day. I use a biphase one. Oil works well too. I like the bright bulky packaging, I think its cute.

As for the result and look this gives me.....im not like "wow!" but this is not at all bad. This holds my curl, doesnt clump, coats my lashes in black, but only gives me a tiny bit more length.....and that is it. Its like a tint on my lashes. This is great for daytime looks, easy looks. I like it more dramatic so this is not really my thing. I think Loreal Million is a dupe of this except with Loreal the formula is blacker and i get more length. If you have already nice long and/or thick lashes then this is great for you!

on 6/23/2014 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Maybe I got a bad tube of Clump Crusher, but this doesn't work for me at all. For some reason the brush doesn't seem to hold any product, and the formula is very dry. I have to put on at least three or four coats before it starts to look like I have anything on my lashes. It holds true to its promise of no clumps, but that's only because the brush hardly deposits any product at all.

I also agree with other reviews that the claim of water resistance means nothing. It will definitely run if your lashes get wet.

on 6/3/2014 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The mascara itself works great, not as amazing with clumps as I thought it'd be seeing as its name is clump crusher. Also, not water resistant AT ALL. Was in a misty rain a couple weeks ago and just from blinking, my eyelashes made that wet mascara mark under my eyes. Other waterproof mascaras I've basically had to scrub my eyes to get it off, which isn't necessarily good, but its what I wanted, for it to not come off when I'm in a pool or something. That said, it works great for length and separation, but it could be better.

on 5/12/2014 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this mascara for separation, curl, and length. I don't know if this is really waterproof but i think this mascara is better then the original. I would repurchase this.