April 18, 2014 | 903 users online

Treatments - Caudalie - Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry/combination skin that breaks out around the jawline pretty regularly. I figured the breakouts stopped when I stopped moisturising beneath my sunscreen (Badger Damascus Rose Face Sunscreen SPF 16). However, with the sunscreen alone, my skin was drying out majorly. On a whim, I swooped down on Sephora and picked up this set of three with the S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum, Grape Water and Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet for SG$69. You just can't go wrong with Caudalie, okay. If anything, I've known it to never make the condition worse.

Right after cleansing, I put this one. Its a very runny liquid that spreads evenly on your skin and dries pretty quickly. Didn't feel too tacky and sunscreen went on beautifully on top of that. I finish off with powder foundation.

EDIT: After 2 months of use, I say this too creates small and sparse whiteheads on my face, especially near my chin, jawline and cheek. Not using this product anymore.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by kittkittie

I have tried all sorts of serums with all sorts of claims. working in Beauty you tend to get a lot of samples etc... that give you hopes of transformed skin. Well let me tell you this serum is a game changer! I have been using it seriously for 7 days and I have noticed a change in my skins moisture, tone, and texture. It is light and my skin just drinks it in, SOS is beautiful layered unsder my daily moisturizer (Caudalie Vinosource Sorbet Creme) and already I am noticing plumper more even skin. I am going to purchase this again, and again, and again. Fair skinned Sensitive (seasonal allergy related) Can be oily in the Tzone Loves Doll like skin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Elenita55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've recently taken it upon myself to be a more conscious consumer when it comes to animal tested products. And so, I've ceased buying many of my usual favourite products ( MAC, URBAN DECAY, ESTEE LAUDER, etc), in favour of CRUELTY FREE products.

Glad to report: CAUDALIE is not animal tested.
I decided to give this serum a go, after having IPL done to my face for hyper-pigmentation.
I needed a moisturizer and tried this one in Sephora and instantly loved the pleasant sent and texture.

The texture if very milky and light and my skin absorbs in quickly.
It feels incredible going on and my skin truly DRINKS THIS UP. It truly is a QUENCHING sérum! I love how it feels as it's applied and hours after. I do reapply a few times a day while I am "healing" from the IPL. I imagine, this isn't dense enough for harsh Canadian winters, but for now, it's perfect. LOVE the scent. Would certainlly buy this again and even try some other products from the same line.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by cassandrajoan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I seem to be the only reviewer who broke out from this. I loved the way it made my skin look and feel up until I broke out after using it for less than a week. I generally use unscented products on my face, so my perception that this scent was both strong and that it stayed noticeable all day might not be the same as those of other users.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! saved my skin from breaking out + keeping it hydrated. I cannot stress how much i love this and how this is truly a SOS. I will always have one in my stash for emergencies. Any dry patches? put this on. if you are breaking out? put this on as a moisturizer till it fades. My skin absorbs it like crazy and it feels supple, plumped and hydrated. Great for day time before makeup or before sunscreen! expensive because i finish mines in just ONE MONTH! i use a lot....so i always order in bulk from sephora online (there is a package deal $48 for full serum size+ travel size grape water+ mini souffle cream). love the glass pump, can wash and reuse the jar for other moisturizers or serums! have already used 5 bottles

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by IreneAdler1

Three years of using benzoyl peroxide to control acne breakouts have left my skin severely dehydrated. After trying a few other products that promised to fix the problem, I came across this wonderful little thing. It has helped A LOT. It is very light weight, is absorbed quickly and smells great. Definitely thumbs up from me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

I slapped on the Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum and my skin was so cool, refreshed, plumped and total opposite of dry and tight. I also really like their grape water spray.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is oily but dehydrated, and these days I'm looking for a serum rather than a moisturizer. My first try was Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum, which is a Vitamin C serum. I was excited to try it because I knew it could potentially brighten my skin and boost sun protection with its antioxidants. I never used it long enough to see any benefits, but it was a nice hydrating serum. Unfortunately, it broke me out a bit so here I am.

This Caudalie serum has a milky consistency and sinks into the skin very easily. The scent is not strong and I find it pleasant, though scent is pretty personal. For my dehydrated oily skin, I would say this works pretty well. It hydrates without adding too much moisture, so it plays nice with my oiliness. And while I find that some moisturizers seem to sit on my skin and/or sink in just a little bit, this serum actually hydrates. I have no problems using other products on top of this serum, including makeup, so that is a plus.

Apparently, this serum also has some antioxidants, but I can't really comment on whether or not the quantity/quality is laudable.

The only thing, besides the price point ($49), is that this isn't the most hydrating serum. I think if you have truly dry skin, especially if it's also dehydrated, there are better options out there (like OHTS, which offers superior hydration).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

the first time I tried this product I immediately understood why it was called 'thirst quenching'. my skin literally drank it up and instantly felt hydrated. in the drier months I use this as directed which is to use it under a moisturizer. however, because of how lightweight yet effective this serum is, in the summer months, I use this alone as my moisturizer. my skin is left quenched but never greasy and that's exactly what i'm looking for. the price is pretty hard to swallow at first but you don't even need a full pump of this for your entire face so the product does last. the only thing I don't like? the glass bottle. it definitely gives it a luxe feel but it also brings on anxiety while traveling with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Vanilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Over time, my skin started to dry more and more (unsure whether if it was due to the weather). So I needed to change and update my skincare products.

What's great about this is how fast it absorbs. You almost see an immediate effect after applying this serum, thus, lives its claims as a "S.O.S" serum.
There is a scent to it but it doesn't bother me that much and I have a sensitive nose.
This doesn't clog my pores and doesn't flare up my sensitive skin.
I also like the packaging. it's in a nice glass pump bottle.

After using this for a while (there's about 1/3 left in my bottle), I think I've sort of hit the spot where this product has reached its potential limit on my skin. It really helped my very dry skin, but I needed something more.
After doing a bit of research, I started buying serums and creams that have a stronger hyaluronic acid to help maintain moisture on my skin and products that claim to retain moisture for a longer period of time. This serum does have hyaluronic acid, but it's somewhere at the bottom of the ingredients. So If you have very very dry skin, you should try a stronger product like Dermadoctor's Wrinkle Revenge Serum (I'm trying that right now).
So no, I won't be repurchasing this as I need a different kind of serum now; but yes if my skin was more normal/dry.

Overall, this is a great quick absorbing serum that rescues your dry skin. It's very light and doesn't weigh on your skin. I think it's worth the price tag, but be sure to shop & sample for more suitable products before dropping 48$ on this.