October 21, 2014 | 1237 users online

Treatments (Face) - Caudalie - Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, I have oily skin that gets dried out in winter. (Combo of age and super cold winters.) I also have issues with eczema. I really like this serum for the reason that it sinks right in and makes my skin soft without a greasy residue or heavy feeling.

Actually, I have been really enjoying Caudalie's Vinosource line in general. But, this serum has been really fantastic this winter with keeping my skin from getting overly dry. In the summer months, I will use it alone as a night time moisturizer but in the winter will layer it with another cream.

The packaging is nice. The dropper works well. I took off a lippie for a glass bottle. If I ever dropped it, it would be a goner.

I do plan on repurchasing when I am out, which will be soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Sunlitshade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm 25, with sensitive combination skin, and a few months back I had the worst break-out of my life (way worse than anything I'd had in my teens) due to stress. I had big, painful blemishes and inflammation all over my face. This serum, together with the vinosource moisturizing sorbet, saved my skin.
It's sooo hydrating and soothing, and the scent is very lovely and light. Almost feels like you're adding water directly into your skin. The texture is very light and almost watery and it sinks quickly into the skin. It leaves my skin feeling super refreshed!
In the first couple of weeks, when my skin was at it's worst, it really helped calm the irritation and redness (it felt very cooling).
Now I still use it day and night and my skin is loving it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by joyce628

my skin loves it during dry weather.
love the smell and how it feels when i put it on.
fair price for the quality of product.
cannot live without.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Hannanananah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know it can be a bit steep but this is a saviour product. For the quality of the product the price is reasonable. This is possibly one of my favourite products of all time. I got it in a glossy box a while ago and was surprised at 1. how amazing it is and 2. how long it lasts. That sample lasted me half a year - I didn't use it all the time, only when my skin was feeling particularly dry and tight. As soon as I had the money I bought it straight away.

I am so happy with it. My skin is quite dry and prone to a few spots here and there. Before I started using this product my skin was getting progressively drier with the start of winter. My skin is ridiculously better now, I love it so much. I can't actually recommend this enough. Brilliant product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this serum for a change of pace. I use the Vinoperfect and have been using Vinoperfect for a little over 4 years.
Vinosource was nice, refreshing and I am glad I gave it a try. Now I know without a shadow of a doubt that Vinoperfect is the one for me.
A drawback is the Vinosource pump some product was not able to come out throught the pump once I got to the last bits of this serum. So I tossed the pump and stored it upside down on a small dish. I did this for about a week and scraped every last bit of the serum : ) waste not want not!
Vinosource was just okay, it hydrates and gives skin a beautiful healthy radiant glow but its missing something that I can't quite put my finger on. Vinexpert gets it all right for me.
For reference- I have combo radiant and always getting compliments on my glowy skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Chandler0505

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Two words- Life Changing. I just purchased my second bottle, because I'm getting a little low in my first bottle and I'm scared of running out. I bought this when I was trying to find my way with skin care. I have tons of dryness, flakes, and surface redness. A sephora SA req'd this to me to help.

I use this twice a day. When I first started, I needed two pumps because my skin would totally drink this up. But now, I just need one pump twice a day. The change is subtle but amazing. I have no more flakes, and the redness is nearly gone. I still have the winter dry skin, but it no longer feels dehydrated.

I feel like the rest of my skin care is interchangeable and a work in progress, but this serum will remain a staple in my routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

This is one of the best skincare products I've ever used, and I've tried so many over the years. I started using this on a regular basis when my skin dried out really severely from using acne treatments. I had received a sample tube via Sephora VIB points and it was neglected until this point. With so many dry flakes and itchiness to my skin, I searched through my skincare collection to find something to help, as my usual moisturizer wasn't cutting it. I used this for about a week and my skin felt so relieved. No more dry flakes and it had helped level out the balance of my skin so much that I can't help but attribute this product to be partially what helped clear up my skin. Needless to say, I wanted to make sure to keep this product on hand. I ran through my sample size just in time for Sephora's VIB sale and picked this up for 20% off. It also included a matching eye serum as a bonus which I like, but haven't used long enough to fully appreciate yet.
Since using it for about three weeks my skin is very smooth, hydrated, even and clear!
I use it morning and night, sometimes using Mario Badescu Buffering lotion underneath if I have a spot, and then follow with Cremo moisturizer over the serum. I'm really liking this combination and I can't see myself straying from this anytime soon.
I will say that it's not the cheapest, although it could be a lot more expensive. The packaging is great, without a pump I would use way too much but I really only need a single pump of this to cover my whole face and neck. So glad that I decided to finally use up some of my points on the sample kit with this, otherwise I'm pretty sure it would remain a hidden gem from me in the midst of all the high end skincare products at Sephora.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry/combination skin that breaks out around the jawline pretty regularly. I figured the breakouts stopped when I stopped moisturising beneath my sunscreen (Badger Damascus Rose Face Sunscreen SPF 16). However, with the sunscreen alone, my skin was drying out majorly. On a whim, I swooped down on Sephora and picked up this set of three with the S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum, Grape Water and Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet for SG$69. You just can't go wrong with Caudalie, okay. If anything, I've known it to never make the condition worse.

Right after cleansing, I put this one. Its a very runny liquid that spreads evenly on your skin and dries pretty quickly. Didn't feel too tacky and sunscreen went on beautifully on top of that. I finish off with powder foundation.

EDIT: After 2 months of use, I say this too creates small and sparse whiteheads on my face, especially near my chin, jawline and cheek. Not using this product anymore.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by kittkittie

I have tried all sorts of serums with all sorts of claims. working in Beauty you tend to get a lot of samples etc... that give you hopes of transformed skin. Well let me tell you this serum is a game changer! I have been using it seriously for 7 days and I have noticed a change in my skins moisture, tone, and texture. It is light and my skin just drinks it in, SOS is beautiful layered unsder my daily moisturizer (Caudalie Vinosource Sorbet Creme) and already I am noticing plumper more even skin. I am going to purchase this again, and again, and again. Fair skinned Sensitive (seasonal allergy related) Can be oily in the Tzone Loves Doll like skin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Elenita55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've recently taken it upon myself to be a more conscious consumer when it comes to animal tested products. And so, I've ceased buying many of my usual favourite products ( MAC, URBAN DECAY, ESTEE LAUDER, etc), in favour of CRUELTY FREE products.

Glad to report: CAUDALIE is not animal tested.
I decided to give this serum a go, after having IPL done to my face for hyper-pigmentation.
I needed a moisturizer and tried this one in Sephora and instantly loved the pleasant sent and texture.

The texture if very milky and light and my skin absorbs in quickly.
It feels incredible going on and my skin truly DRINKS THIS UP. It truly is a QUENCHING sérum! I love how it feels as it's applied and hours after. I do reapply a few times a day while I am "healing" from the IPL. I imagine, this isn't dense enough for harsh Canadian winters, but for now, it's perfect. LOVE the scent. Would certainlly buy this again and even try some other products from the same line.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No