Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

4.3

Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water*, Glycerin*, Butylene Glycol*, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Squalane*, Potassium Sorbate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice*, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Oleate*, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Citric Acid, Sorbitan Laurate*, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Phytate*, Disodium Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate, Myristyl Malate Phosphonic Acid. *Origine végétale - plant origin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is magic! I'm usually super skeptical, particularly of natural/botanical lines, but I am so impressed by this product. I got this in gratis (I work at sephora, but my opinions are my own). This does exactly what it says, it hydrates. Sounds simple enough, but so many hydrating products don't hydrate. I love chemical exfoliants and you must hydrate skin after doing chemical masks/peels/scrubs. I have normal to dry skin, with redness and sun damage. The amazing thing about this product is that 1) it does what it says, it hydrates without stinging, burning or making my skin red; 2) it's easy to use, one pump for face, neck and chest; 3) nice packaging, not bulky or overly fancy; 4) it plays well with others, I.e., I can put any moisturizer, primer, ss, or foundation on top of it without peeling, pilling, or patchiness (this is my pet peeve as I do wear 7 layers of goop on my face at any given moment); and, 5) it smells amazing, a lightly scented spa smell (I enjoy good fragrance in my skincare, it doesn't irritate my skin, I realize it's not necessary, but what is "necessary"?). When I run out (which won't be for a while, I've been using it day and night for a month and maybe an eighth is used up? I don't apply at night 1x a week when I do an overnight moisture mask) I will pay for a bottle, I would pay twice retail for this quiet magic in a bottle. And yes, unless you're not dehydrated much and you're oily all over, you still need a moisturizer on top! Luckily this stuff pairs well with all kinds of moisturizers, gel based, shea butter based, wax based, cream, oils, etc.

on 5/15/2014 11:22:00 AM

I received a generous sample of this at Sephora (first time I've received a sample in a Sephora store). I have very dry, dehydrated cheeks and an oily t-zone, but my skin is also somewhat sensitive. A winning combination. I find the texture of this to be similar to a light moisturizer, which is unusual for a serum, but the bottom line is that it isn't nearly moisturizing, or "quenching" enough for my cheeks.

on 4/18/2014 5:33:00 PM

It does what it says on the bottle - moisturise! Smells good and is easily absorbed. I like it because it has given my dehydrated skin the moisture it needed.

HOWEVER, the bottle does not last very long at all. It's been 4 weeks and I'm almost done with the bottle! I use it twice a day, one pump each time... I'll be looking for other serums when this is done. Not that this isn't good, but I would it has solved my dehydrated skin and I would like to try some other serums with additional benefits (anti-ageing, brightening skin etc.).

on 4/18/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This did seem to make my skin feel nice but after about a week I developed quite a few pimples on my cheek. I took it out of my regime and my skin recovered after a few days. Definitely not for anybody with acne.

on 3/11/2014 3:46:00 PM

My skin at the moment is dehydrated but oily so I said I give it a try and asked for samples.
I am not impressed- it didn't hydrate anything, didn't make anything smooth and it made my skin oilier on my T-zone.

on 2/21/2014 1:25:00 AM

This is working wonderfully well on my oily but dehydrated skin. It is evening everything out, and definitely is acting like a cool drink of water on the more parched areas of my skin.

on 2/15/2014 4:04:00 PM

I have combination skin with really dry skin on and around the nose, so it looks really obvious and scaly. I tried many moisturizers before, so I was very skeptical when the Sephora sales lady recommended to use this along with the sorbet, especially with that price tag, but I figured why not. It's been 4 months now and I can safely say it has made a huge difference. Not only my dry areas are gone, but it has also eliminated the redness on my cheeks and my skin tone looks more even now! The texture is so light and feels refreshing and hydrating on the skin. I put it on and I feel more awake and ready to face the day.

I have already repurchased it 3 times, so my only gripe is that it finishes so quickly. One bottle would last you barely a month if you use it day and night everyday. I now only use it during the day and use Simple night cream at night. All in all though, I'd definitely repurchase it again and again, even though Caudalie is not sold in my country.

on 2/5/2014 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

First off, I have oily skin that gets dried out in winter. (Combo of age and super cold winters.) I also have issues with eczema. I really like this serum for the reason that it sinks right in and makes my skin soft without a greasy residue or heavy feeling.

Actually, I have been really enjoying Caudalie's Vinosource line in general. But, this serum has been really fantastic this winter with keeping my skin from getting overly dry. In the summer months, I will use it alone as a night time moisturizer but in the winter will layer it with another cream.

The packaging is nice. The dropper works well. I took off a lippie for a glass bottle. If I ever dropped it, it would be a goner.

I do plan on repurchasing when I am out, which will be soon.

on 1/30/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm 25, with sensitive combination skin, and a few months back I had the worst break-out of my life (way worse than anything I'd had in my teens) due to stress. I had big, painful blemishes and inflammation all over my face. This serum, together with the vinosource moisturizing sorbet, saved my skin.
It's sooo hydrating and soothing, and the scent is very lovely and light. Almost feels like you're adding water directly into your skin. The texture is very light and almost watery and it sinks quickly into the skin. It leaves my skin feeling super refreshed!
In the first couple of weeks, when my skin was at it's worst, it really helped calm the irritation and redness (it felt very cooling).
Now I still use it day and night and my skin is loving it :)

on 1/20/2014 10:21:00 PM

my skin loves it during dry weather.
love the smell and how it feels when i put it on.
fair price for the quality of product.
cannot live without.