Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

4.3

Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water*, Glycerin*, Butylene Glycol*, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Squalane*, Potassium Sorbate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice*, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Oleate*, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Citric Acid, Sorbitan Laurate*, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Phytate*, Disodium Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate, Myristyl Malate Phosphonic Acid. *Origine végétale - plant origin.

Well I've just finished my first bottle of this serum and I thought to come here and right a review. It lasted me exactly 2 months,by using it morning and evening before my moisturizer, one pump for face and neck. I must say that I liked the fact that it sunk right away without leaving any kind of residue on my skin but at the same time I'm not sure if it has done anything good for my skin... That is why I'm not planning to repurchase it in the near future.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm not sure if I would repurchase this at this point. I've been using it since May. Yes, my bottle has lasted me for about five months and I've just reached the halfway mark.
I don't have dry skin, and I'm not really sure if it's dehydrated. It's oily and acne prone. However, despite me having oily skin, I still add hydrating products to my skin after I learned that stripping your skin and not adding sufficient hydration makes it oilier. Anyway! I wanted to try out a serum and tested this out in the store and it seemed light enough for my needs. I use this only once a day- in the evening and I follow up with an oil (Vitamin E Oil from The Body Shop or Josie Maran Argan Oil) as a moisturizer after this and I find it works very well, but it might be an unnecessary (and quite expensive) step. I'm not in a situation where I can spend $65 on something that I'm not sure is doing anything.
My skin didn't have any reactions to this such as acne or anything like that. I found something that seems very similar in texture from The Body Shop called "Nutriganics Smoothing Serum" due to Caroline Hirons. To be quite honest, The Body Shop product probably works just as well for me, but I suppose we'll see after I run out of this Caudalie product to see if my skin really misses it.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Well nothing hydrates the skin like the way hyaluronic acid does, but the problem with this serum is that you don't actually "see" that your skin has been hydrated.If you have dry-combination skin ,you might even get some bumps on the dry areas where the skin feels tight on the surface . I think it's better to mix it with another oil-free cream of Caudalie to get a thicker consistency that would create a barrier on the skin.
Many have considered this to be a life saver so it's hard to speak for others with different skin condition . I still believe that HA is a key ingredient in moisturizers .

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is magic! I'm usually super skeptical, particularly of natural/botanical lines, but I am so impressed by this product. I got this in gratis (I work at sephora, but my opinions are my own). This does exactly what it says, it hydrates. Sounds simple enough, but so many hydrating products don't hydrate. I love chemical exfoliants and you must hydrate skin after doing chemical masks/peels/scrubs. I have normal to dry skin, with redness and sun damage. The amazing thing about this product is that 1) it does what it says, it hydrates without stinging, burning or making my skin red; 2) it's easy to use, one pump for face, neck and chest; 3) nice packaging, not bulky or overly fancy; 4) it plays well with others, I.e., I can put any moisturizer, primer, ss, or foundation on top of it without peeling, pilling, or patchiness (this is my pet peeve as I do wear 7 layers of goop on my face at any given moment); and, 5) it smells amazing, a lightly scented spa smell (I enjoy good fragrance in my skincare, it doesn't irritate my skin, I realize it's not necessary, but what is "necessary"?). When I run out (which won't be for a while, I've been using it day and night for a month and maybe an eighth is used up? I don't apply at night 1x a week when I do an overnight moisture mask) I will pay for a bottle, I would pay twice retail for this quiet magic in a bottle. And yes, unless you're not dehydrated much and you're oily all over, you still need a moisturizer on top! Luckily this stuff pairs well with all kinds of moisturizers, gel based, shea butter based, wax based, cream, oils, etc.

I received a generous sample of this at Sephora (first time I've received a sample in a Sephora store). I have very dry, dehydrated cheeks and an oily t-zone, but my skin is also somewhat sensitive. A winning combination. I find the texture of this to be similar to a light moisturizer, which is unusual for a serum, but the bottom line is that it isn't nearly moisturizing, or "quenching" enough for my cheeks.

It does what it says on the bottle - moisturise! Smells good and is easily absorbed. I like it because it has given my dehydrated skin the moisture it needed.

HOWEVER, the bottle does not last very long at all. It's been 4 weeks and I'm almost done with the bottle! I use it twice a day, one pump each time... I'll be looking for other serums when this is done. Not that this isn't good, but I would it has solved my dehydrated skin and I would like to try some other serums with additional benefits (anti-ageing, brightening skin etc.).

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This did seem to make my skin feel nice but after about a week I developed quite a few pimples on my cheek. I took it out of my regime and my skin recovered after a few days. Definitely not for anybody with acne.

My skin at the moment is dehydrated but oily so I said I give it a try and asked for samples.
I am not impressed- it didn't hydrate anything, didn't make anything smooth and it made my skin oilier on my T-zone.

This is working wonderfully well on my oily but dehydrated skin. It is evening everything out, and definitely is acting like a cool drink of water on the more parched areas of my skin.

I have combination skin with really dry skin on and around the nose, so it looks really obvious and scaly. I tried many moisturizers before, so I was very skeptical when the Sephora sales lady recommended to use this along with the sorbet, especially with that price tag, but I figured why not. It's been 4 months now and I can safely say it has made a huge difference. Not only my dry areas are gone, but it has also eliminated the redness on my cheeks and my skin tone looks more even now! The texture is so light and feels refreshing and hydrating on the skin. I put it on and I feel more awake and ready to face the day.

I have already repurchased it 3 times, so my only gripe is that it finishes so quickly. One bottle would last you barely a month if you use it day and night everyday. I now only use it during the day and use Simple night cream at night. All in all though, I'd definitely repurchase it again and again, even though Caudalie is not sold in my country.