January 25, 2015 | 1180 users online

Liquid - Becca - Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm NC20-25, very yellow, and Buttercup is a great match, as it is pretty yellow. I really love the shade, which is a shame because this foundation does not work for me.

When I first got a sample of the Radiant Skin Satin Finish foundation, I also got a bit of the Matte Skin Shine Proof foundation. Unfortunately, too late, I noticed that the SA hadn't distinguished between the two -- both bags were labeled "Becca, Buttercup." I figured it would be easy enough to tell the difference by feeling the consistency of each, but I was wrong. Both foundations feel very similar: smooth and a little thick, but not too thick. The shades are similar as well. I want to say one looked a teeny bit lighter than the other, but I really don't think there was much of a difference. If you're Buttercup in RSSF, you're good to get Buttercup in MSSP.

Both foundations smoothed on nicely with my Beautyblender, though the matte formula did tend to emphasize dry patches and look a little cakey/dry. The radiant formula was on the dewier side and did not accentuate dry patches. Both offer up to medium coverage, though the radiant needs more building. However, it is easier to build with the radiant formula because the matte formula does get a bit cakey quickly.
If you have stubborn hyperpigmentation, you might need concealer.
Though the radiant foundation is dewier, when both formulas dry down, they look pretty much the same (satin but a bit more matte, and smooth), except that the matte foundation does look drier.
I did not experience any oxidation or pooling of foundation in pores.

Neither foundations offered good oil control or lasting powder, though the matte formula did better than the radiant formula. But not much better. And while the radiant foundation got pretty greasy quickly, it did offer a much nicer finish.

I wouldn't recommend either of these formulas for oily skin because they do not have good oil control and do not last. At the same time, I wouldn't recommend the matte formula for drier skin because it can emphasize dry patches. I think the radiant formula would work best for drier skin, and the matte formula for normal/combination skin that is moisturized and exfoliated.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by kpxgenie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A pretty decent foundation, but not for the price. Like others have said, it definitely settles into pores a bit and makes you look greasy (not radiant or glowy) after a couple hours. It does have lots of great antioxidants and stuff in the formula, but I just can't stand wearing this all day. I did get 2 zits...and I almost NEVER break out. So I assume it's this foundation.

Coverage/Shade: It's true to its medium-coverage advertising. The shades do seem to be more yellow-based than other brands. There is a nice variety of shades to choose from, so if you've got warm skin, you'll probably find one to match.

Longevity: Again, after about 2 hours, my face looked greasy. It didn't really melt off the face, but it didn't exactly stay on properly either. Not the worst I've ever seen, but I was hoping for more of the advertised "radiant" glow.

Overall: Would I buy again? No. Not for the price tag. Although it has some good ingredients for the skin, it seems to clog pores and feels heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by DARBSI

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this. I use olive and the shade is spot on. Love the coverage. It is hard to find a perfect shade when you are a olive tone and these shades are perfect.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Alinambarrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like most of Becca products this is hit or miss. I find a lot of the range only really suits those with young and flawless skin, but some products are amazing and I wouldn't be without. However this foundation really settles into any pores or light wrinkles and leaves my skin greasy. I also don't like the texture as it feels quite cloggy on the skin. The colour range is brilliant though, the best aspect of Becca products. I am disappointed and am yet to find my holy grail of foundation, now that Becca mineral powder foundation also settles into my pores and lonely forehead wrinkle. At what point do I need to buy the sort of stuff that Jane Fonda advertises??? Is there anything that works for skin reaching middle age but not quite there yet?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Tokkaebi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Only recently, and with the help of this foundation, did I realize I'm an olive skin tone. I have always had such a hard time finding the right color match at both drug store and department store. My neck and chest are lighter than my arms and face, but otherwise, "Olive" is the color for me.

I like the texture of this foundation. It is very hydrating and a bit tacky, but it smooths onto my skin so well. This is very glowy gorgeous on me. I don't use a lot of powder to make my skin matte because it looks most natural the way it is and gives radiance even from beneath my contour color.

I also think the coverage is good. Darker colors cover acne much better than light, so I really don't need much of this. I have a bunch of hormone-induced acne on my jaw line and this foundation covers well. After one layer of foundation lightly smoothed over my entire face, I can dab another little bit of the foundation over spots, which works pretty well for me.

It just looks really good, looks like skin, gives me a really nice glow. Looks very sexy with my favorite blush "Bella Bamba," like I'm prepped for a pool-side shoot in the sun! Sounds so stupid, but I really appreciate a non-matte foundation in the summer where I would naturally be pink and shiny, but NOT greasy looking. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this foundation from sephora with another purchase. I was eager to try it, as I have never used any Becca products before. I used the porcelain sample and applied my usual Physicians Formula powder afterwards. Upon application the color was fine, it was a good match as far as color goes. However, the coverage was far too sheer for me, it was like a light to medium coverage, and it just sank into my pores and looked rather gross, thankfully my powder corrected that issue. After about 5 hours of wear, the color had oxidized a little, looking a bit orange, and my face had become an oil slick at that point with my oily skin. I wasn't expecting much considering this was a satin finish foundation and I need some hardcore matte finish foundation, but I figured input from a greasy faced gal like myself could be helpful.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Classyme

I wanted to like this, I really did. I have been using Becca's stick foundation for MANY years , consistenly. Now that the stick is being discontinued I wanted to try this because I have no luck with any other brand.

Once you apply this it looks nice but after blending it looks patchy. This to me is just a tinted moisterizer and doesnt really offer enough coverage for me.

It also broke my skin out. I haven't broke out since I was preteen.

one last thing.. its hard to find a true match for me. Becca was known for covering various shades, but with this its either too light or too dark and it tends to have a gray , ashy undertone.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by reverendgreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Only one other negative review? I've worn this foundation a couple of times now and I don't like it at all. It sinks into my pores making my skin look pitted and highlights every possible dry patch. This morning my skin was looking pretty good so I thought I'd give it one more go but I had to take it off immediately because it seemed to show micro-flakes of dead skin I didn't realise I had. It's totally unwearable. It does have some positive features: the shade range is fantastic (more than one super pale colour); the packaging is convenient; it has a nice texture and consistency; and non-masky medium coverage. However, none of these features matter when it makes my skin look worse than without. Perhaps it would work if you had near perfect skin (in fact it looks really natural on the back of my hand where my skin is perfectly smooth) but if you're skin is blemished at all then beware.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Kara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My combo/oily skin is slowing transitioning to combo/dry as I'm getting older (37), where my tzone still gets slightly oily after a couple of hours. I went to Seohora intending to buy LM TM for something lightweight to wear everyday. As I was browsing, I immediately noticed the very yellow bass shades of Becca, so decided to check it out. This foundation is exactly what I've been seeking....lightweight yet ample coverage, long wearing, and neither makes me shiny NOR emphasizes my flakiness. And Buttercup is a spot-on match to my C30 skin tone. I can't see those with truly dry skin liking this, as it does seem to control oil, but combo skins should enjoy this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by vkun1297

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new go-to foundation- I usually use Bourjois Healthy Mix and Giorgio Armani for big occasions- but this one does it all- great coverage (build up), satin finish, and non-oily. Blends in really well and looks so natural. I bought this in Sand, but i will buy Porcelain next time because Sand is a little bit yellow for me. New HG foundation! Also love their creme blush!