Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Titanium Dioxide, Hydrogenated Didecene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Nylon-12, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Butyl Acrylate/Hydroxypropyl Dimethicone Acrylate Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, HDI/Trimethylol, Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Tropolone, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Mannitol, Butylene Glycol, Yeast Extract, Glycogen, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract. May Contain/peut Contenir [+/-]: Iron Oxide (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI77499).

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I tried this foundation as a sample from Sephora which had 6 medium shades to choose from and I chose Cafe as I have light to medium olive complexion. I used to use Lancome Renergie Lift and also Armani Luminous Silk up till now. I changed because seeing myself in a recent photo-my face was just too shiny and I don't have oily skin. So I liked the Becca sample and ordered this. I have to use a bit more moisturizer before applying this, but the color is a good match and I like that I don't shine like a new penny. Coverage is medium, which is fine with me as my skin is in good condition and not wrinkled. I would have liked it to be a tiny bit more moist on application, but I can work with it. Not my HG, but will suffice for now.
Will update if there are any breakouts or poor lasting power.

on 10/19/2013 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm really disappointed with this after loving the luminous skin colour which I've been using for years. I was looking for some extra coverage so I thought this would be ideal. I went for sand which I still think is slightly orange on me but shell & porcelain were too light. I tried it in the store and I must admit it did seem to cling to the dry patches on my face but I thought that one I'd prepared my skin properly at home it would look better which is not the case. It just looks awful even after my skin is well moisturised etc. I tried it again today and had to remove it again as it looked so terrible! Such a shame as I usually really like Becca products but this one is not for me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Beauty Guinea Pig: I finally busted out the sample of this Australian import, which came enclosed with a Sephora order. Now, the YouTube beauty community has gone fishsticks over this line, especially the illustrious Pixiwoo sisters...but so far, my experience isn't aligning with the hype. For a base that promises luminous, natural, your-skin-but-better coverage, it has the funkiest and most misleading texture. My two holy grail long-wearing foundations--Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24Hour (Ivorie 110) and Chanel Perfection Lumiere (Beige Rose' 12/ 22)--won my heart by gliding on like butter, reinventing their coverage according to my daily whims, and finding perfect harmony with my natural tones and textures, all while clinging to my oily-combo skin throughout the day like a freshly-hatched Alien facehugger.

This stuff...while I was gently, GENTLY blending it into place, I actually felt my high-quality stippling brush skip like a nicked CD more than once, and I thought, "What could THAT be all about?" I did stick a primer up under it, but was a nuts-and-bolts silicone-based formula not known for its contrarian properties. And by my obsessive-compulsive examination, the finish is anything but NATURAL. First of all, I think the shade I used (Porcelain) was too light for me. And instead of synching up with my skin, I swear, it was like this FILM floating about a hairsbreadth above the surface...but I should stress that's a pretty thick hairsbreadth. So yeah, colour me squicked. I'll stick with my trusty old Lancome/ Chanel, with Shiseido Urban Environment tinted sunblock on my slummer-days; they know exactly what I want.

Speaking of SPF, that's why I felt compelled to tack on another lippy: it's obviously being held up to Australian sun-protection standards. Good on that.

Plus hey, in the end, that's just more BECCA for Samantha Chapman and the rest of the fan club, so it's all good.

on 8/28/2013 12:22:00 PM

Gorgeous, truly radiant, polished finish with lightweight feel. I am LOVING Becca formulas. Purchased in Noisette for my NC30/C4 light Asian tan. My combo skin loves this formula. It has a glowy finish, slightly more dewy than Nars Sheer Glow, which I actually find somewhat matte, but not nearly as dewy as MAC F&B or even MUFE HD. I set with MAC MSFN and it looks soft and natural most of the work day. I do a mid-day powdering on my T-zone and again at the end of the day, so it is not a long-wearing bulletproof formula, but it doesn't fade or cake, I just get a touch of shine, not greasy. Coverage is a solid medium. Haven't really tried building it up since the light-weight feel is why I like it! Possible new HG for me!

on 8/11/2013 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm NC20-25, very yellow, and Buttercup is a great match, as it is pretty yellow. I really love the shade, which is a shame because this foundation does not work for me.

When I first got a sample of the Radiant Skin Satin Finish foundation, I also got a bit of the Matte Skin Shine Proof foundation. Unfortunately, too late, I noticed that the SA hadn't distinguished between the two -- both bags were labeled "Becca, Buttercup." I figured it would be easy enough to tell the difference by feeling the consistency of each, but I was wrong. Both foundations feel very similar: smooth and a little thick, but not too thick. The shades are similar as well. I want to say one looked a teeny bit lighter than the other, but I really don't think there was much of a difference. If you're Buttercup in RSSF, you're good to get Buttercup in MSSP.

Both foundations smoothed on nicely with my Beautyblender, though the matte formula did tend to emphasize dry patches and look a little cakey/dry. The radiant formula was on the dewier side and did not accentuate dry patches. Both offer up to medium coverage, though the radiant needs more building. However, it is easier to build with the radiant formula because the matte formula does get a bit cakey quickly.
If you have stubborn hyperpigmentation, you might need concealer.
Though the radiant foundation is dewier, when both formulas dry down, they look pretty much the same (satin but a bit more matte, and smooth), except that the matte foundation does look drier.
I did not experience any oxidation or pooling of foundation in pores.

Neither foundations offered good oil control or lasting powder, though the matte formula did better than the radiant formula. But not much better. And while the radiant foundation got pretty greasy quickly, it did offer a much nicer finish.

I wouldn't recommend either of these formulas for oily skin because they do not have good oil control and do not last. At the same time, I wouldn't recommend the matte formula for drier skin because it can emphasize dry patches. I think the radiant formula would work best for drier skin, and the matte formula for normal/combination skin that is moisturized and exfoliated.

on 7/24/2013 4:19:00 PM

A pretty decent foundation, but not for the price. Like others have said, it definitely settles into pores a bit and makes you look greasy (not radiant or glowy) after a couple hours. It does have lots of great antioxidants and stuff in the formula, but I just can't stand wearing this all day. I did get 2 zits...and I almost NEVER break out. So I assume it's this foundation.

Coverage/Shade: It's true to its medium-coverage advertising. The shades do seem to be more yellow-based than other brands. There is a nice variety of shades to choose from, so if you've got warm skin, you'll probably find one to match.

Longevity: Again, after about 2 hours, my face looked greasy. It didn't really melt off the face, but it didn't exactly stay on properly either. Not the worst I've ever seen, but I was hoping for more of the advertised "radiant" glow.

Overall: Would I buy again? No. Not for the price tag. Although it has some good ingredients for the skin, it seems to clog pores and feels heavy.

on 7/18/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Love this. I use olive and the shade is spot on. Love the coverage. It is hard to find a perfect shade when you are a olive tone and these shades are perfect.

on 6/26/2013 10:34:00 AM

Like most of Becca products this is hit or miss. I find a lot of the range only really suits those with young and flawless skin, but some products are amazing and I wouldn't be without. However this foundation really settles into any pores or light wrinkles and leaves my skin greasy. I also don't like the texture as it feels quite cloggy on the skin. The colour range is brilliant though, the best aspect of Becca products. I am disappointed and am yet to find my holy grail of foundation, now that Becca mineral powder foundation also settles into my pores and lonely forehead wrinkle. At what point do I need to buy the sort of stuff that Jane Fonda advertises??? Is there anything that works for skin reaching middle age but not quite there yet?

on 5/30/2013 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Only recently, and with the help of this foundation, did I realize I'm an olive skin tone. I have always had such a hard time finding the right color match at both drug store and department store. My neck and chest are lighter than my arms and face, but otherwise, "Olive" is the color for me.

I like the texture of this foundation. It is very hydrating and a bit tacky, but it smooths onto my skin so well. This is very glowy gorgeous on me. I don't use a lot of powder to make my skin matte because it looks most natural the way it is and gives radiance even from beneath my contour color.

I also think the coverage is good. Darker colors cover acne much better than light, so I really don't need much of this. I have a bunch of hormone-induced acne on my jaw line and this foundation covers well. After one layer of foundation lightly smoothed over my entire face, I can dab another little bit of the foundation over spots, which works pretty well for me.

It just looks really good, looks like skin, gives me a really nice glow. Looks very sexy with my favorite blush "Bella Bamba," like I'm prepped for a pool-side shoot in the sun! Sounds so stupid, but I really appreciate a non-matte foundation in the summer where I would naturally be pink and shiny, but NOT greasy looking. continued >>

on 5/6/2013 7:03:00 PM

I received a sample of this foundation from sephora with another purchase. I was eager to try it, as I have never used any Becca products before. I used the porcelain sample and applied my usual Physicians Formula powder afterwards. Upon application the color was fine, it was a good match as far as color goes. However, the coverage was far too sheer for me, it was like a light to medium coverage, and it just sank into my pores and looked rather gross, thankfully my powder corrected that issue. After about 5 hours of wear, the color had oxidized a little, looking a bit orange, and my face had become an oil slick at that point with my oily skin. I wasn't expecting much considering this was a satin finish foundation and I need some hardcore matte finish foundation, but I figured input from a greasy faced gal like myself could be helpful.