Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder

4.4

TALC AND METHICONE, MICA, DIMETHICONE, NYLON 12, BORON NITRIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE AND METHICONE, POL YETHYLENE, SILICA, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, METHYLP ARABEN, PROPYLP ARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, CAMPHOR, MENTHOL, EUCALYPTUS OIL, CLOVE OIL. MA Y CONTAIN: C9-15 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATES (AND) IRON OXIDES. • iRidEscENt dust: (MADE IN THAILAND): TALC, MICA, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, DIMETHICONE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, IRON

on 6/16/2014 5:07:00 AM

This is a great budget-friendly powder. I feel like it sets my makeup, minimises the appearance of my pores and looks absolutely flawless. However, I feel like this can look powdery very easily for me, and I have to use a light hand and spritz over with a mist. The packaging is nice with the mirror, but I find the sponge quite unecessary. The shade range a big let down, with only three shades. I use the medium shade, which is still a bit light. I wouldn't use this as a foundation, since I prefer a more natural, dewy and skin-like appearance (I really like the L'oreal true match lumi), so I'll just use this over the top for a bit more coverage, or just a loose translucent powder.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Hi everyone! I LOVE THIS MAKEUP!
I have horrible acne and wow this stuff is soooo perfect at covering up everything. And being a powder makeup, it's actually not messy and isn't going to break you out. I can't believe how cheap it is and how perfect and even my skin looks with it and it's oil free!

The only thing is they changed the packaging to a clear lid thing and the ingredients, I have no idea why they'd do that but because of the new version I don't wear it as much. If anyone knows where I can buy it with the old packaging, please let me know! THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL!

on 5/31/2014 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

There's nothing else to say but this pressed powder is a miracle worker and personally I love this better than my mac powders! It's only around $12AUD and is not tested on animals (BIG tick!!). As I have acne-prone skin and react badly to certain makeup and skin products so I'm usually weary of trying new products but this does not break me out at all, my skin never gets shiny when it's on, it feels lightweight and it keeps good coverage even after excessive sweating (Aussie weather) so it's win win!

on 4/25/2014 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this powder - it has good coverage, long lasting & makes skin look 'fresh & flawless'. Its very pigmented so using a powder brush would be better than using the buffer inside. It only has 3 colours in the range which is not ideal for most skin tones especially darker ones. I have it in 'darkest brown' which is the darkest shade and a tad lighter than my real skin tone. Even though I like this powder, it causes my skin to break out. My skin is quite good as i only ever used to get a pimple once in a few months but now as i use this powder nearly everyday I get a pimple everyday! This is really annoying as it never used to happen before so eventually when this product runs out or not I will be in search of a powder that doesn't make me get pimples everyday :(

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This powder is the perfect dupe for "MAC studio fix" there both really good quality and I love this powder because I don't have to use it sparingly (which I tend to do with my highend makeup) because it is so affordable. It's perfect to wear alone or on top of foundation, keeps my matte all day and looks flawless. Only negative to this product is it runs out very quickly (I've already gone through like 4 of these things!!) recommend this :)

on 3/23/2014 1:49:00 AM

Love this product. Super, super cheap! Easy to apply and looks great I used it to set my liquid foundation and it stays on all day without looking cakey or wearing off. I would defiantly recommend this product and if you haven't already tried it I suggest you do :)

on 2/18/2014 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a great powder. It goes on smoothly and doesn't wear off leaving you with just specks of glitter like other powders I've used. I have dry skin and I doesn't cling to my skin or look chalky in the lest. I've even used it as a foundation a few times and been pretty impressed. The bad side is the colour range. Three colours is pretty crappy. But it's cheap and it is a heap better then more expensive ones I've tried. If it had a better colour range it would be perfect.

Colour Reference: MAC NC15-NC20. I bought the shade Deep Natural.

I've bought this product before and I'm onto my second. This is a great, low-budget powder that I would recommend for anyone with normal to oily skin. The powder does mattify the skin and keep shine at bay, however I'm still looking for the ultimate shine-controlling powder. This won't be it. Dry skin gals - this will be ok as a setting powder but if you use this as a foundation the powder will catch onto dry skin and since it is a powder, you may get a tight feeling on the skin.
The powder comes in three colours, one for fair skin, one for light-medium skin and one for well, medium skin. The shades are neutral in colour, so I can't use this powder as a full foundation without it contrasting against my olive skin tone.
The coverage is definitely buildable. One layer with a kabuki brush gives me light-medium coverage. It doesn't really get past heavy medium coverage.
You can definitely use this powder wet and it won't ruin the product. This gives a sheerer coverage and satin finish to the skin.
Overall, I think this is a very good product, very budget friendly and I can definitely see why other MUA users enjoy this so much!

on 1/8/2014 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this as finishing powder with good success but I've been reading that others were using this as a foundation so I road tested it along side the Australis Fresh and Flawless liquid foundation. As an all over foundation the winner was the liquid version as I found the powder to be a little too dry looking for my taste. Both wore very well though with no oil seep through.

on 12/18/2013 12:04:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've noticed that only one other mature-aged woman has written a review on this. I'm 54, while she's in the 56+ age group. If you've been using makeup for as long as we have, I suggest you read her review: I absolutely agree with her.

I was just in a hurry to grab a compact for touch-ups and a sweet lass in Priceline said that a lot of women were swearing by it. I'm sick of paying ridiculous amounts of money for HE brands that are all so-so. I'm actually surprised that so many of the reviews are glowing and wonder how long they've used the product.

I don't write reviews on first impressions. It was adequate, so I used it for about a week before I started developing horrible pimples. No, they weren't just pimples, they were deep-seated abscesses I had to get antibiotic gel from my doctor to get rid of. It took about 2 months for them to disappear. Considering that I hadn't changed any of my skincare routine or any other cosmetics, this stuff is the only possible culprit.

Perhaps younger skin is somehow more forgiving of the cheap nasties to make this product (check the ingredients list against EWG org or the GoodGuide) but, for me, it was a 'bin it without regrets' product.