October 22, 2014 | 1119 users online

Powder - Australis - Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by misstashay9

I really like this powder - it has good coverage, long lasting & makes skin look 'fresh & flawless'. Its very pigmented so using a powder brush would be better than using the buffer inside. It only has 3 colours in the range which is not ideal for most skin tones especially darker ones. I have it in 'darkest brown' which is the darkest shade and a tad lighter than my real skin tone. Even though I like this powder, it causes my skin to break out. My skin is quite good as i only ever used to get a pimple once in a few months but now as i use this powder nearly everyday I get a pimple everyday! This is really annoying as it never used to happen before so eventually when this product runs out or not I will be in search of a powder that doesn't make me get pimples everyday :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder is the perfect dupe for "MAC studio fix" there both really good quality and I love this powder because I don't have to use it sparingly (which I tend to do with my highend makeup) because it is so affordable. It's perfect to wear alone or on top of foundation, keeps my matte all day and looks flawless. Only negative to this product is it runs out very quickly (I've already gone through like 4 of these things!!) recommend this :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by shay1995

Love this product. Super, super cheap! Easy to apply and looks great I used it to set my liquid foundation and it stays on all day without looking cakey or wearing off. I would defiantly recommend this product and if you haven't already tried it I suggest you do :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by LeslieBerk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great powder. It goes on smoothly and doesn't wear off leaving you with just specks of glitter like other powders I've used. I have dry skin and I doesn't cling to my skin or look chalky in the lest. I've even used it as a foundation a few times and been pretty impressed. The bad side is the colour range. Three colours is pretty crappy. But it's cheap and it is a heap better then more expensive ones I've tried. If it had a better colour range it would be perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by akarianhuntress

Colour Reference: MAC NC15-NC20. I bought the shade Deep Natural.

I've bought this product before and I'm onto my second. This is a great, low-budget powder that I would recommend for anyone with normal to oily skin. The powder does mattify the skin and keep shine at bay, however I'm still looking for the ultimate shine-controlling powder. This won't be it. Dry skin gals - this will be ok as a setting powder but if you use this as a foundation the powder will catch onto dry skin and since it is a powder, you may get a tight feeling on the skin.
The powder comes in three colours, one for fair skin, one for light-medium skin and one for well, medium skin. The shades are neutral in colour, so I can't use this powder as a full foundation without it contrasting against my olive skin tone.
The coverage is definitely buildable. One layer with a kabuki brush gives me light-medium coverage. It doesn't really get past heavy medium coverage.
You can definitely use this powder wet and it won't ruin the product. This gives a sheerer coverage and satin finish to the skin.
Overall, I think this is a very good product, very budget friendly and I can definitely see why other MUA users enjoy this so much!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

I have been using this as finishing powder with good success but I've been reading that others were using this as a foundation so I road tested it along side the Australis Fresh and Flawless liquid foundation. As an all over foundation the winner was the liquid version as I found the powder to be a little too dry looking for my taste. Both wore very well though with no oil seep through.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by IrynaHarpy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've noticed that only one other mature-aged woman has written a review on this. I'm 54, while she's in the 56+ age group. If you've been using makeup for as long as we have, I suggest you read her review: I absolutely agree with her.

I was just in a hurry to grab a compact for touch-ups and a sweet lass in Priceline said that a lot of women were swearing by it. I'm sick of paying ridiculous amounts of money for HE brands that are all so-so. I'm actually surprised that so many of the reviews are glowing and wonder how long they've used the product.

I don't write reviews on first impressions. It was adequate, so I used it for about a week before I started developing horrible pimples. No, they weren't just pimples, they were deep-seated abscesses I had to get antibiotic gel from my doctor to get rid of. It took about 2 months for them to disappear. Considering that I hadn't changed any of my skincare routine or any other cosmetics, this stuff is the only possible culprit.

Perhaps younger skin is somehow more forgiving of the cheap nasties to make this product (check the ingredients list against EWG org or the GoodGuide) but, for me, it was a 'bin it without regrets' product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by vladmyra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried a lifetime's worth of powders by now, including quite a lot of expensive supposedly superior ones. I keep coming back to this one- it is without a doubt the best powder I've ever used. It creates a beautiful, smooth, lasting matte look (I don't ever reapply throughout the day). It doesn't break me out and goes on smoothly with great powder coverage. Its unbelievably great value for money in Australia, where we are constantly being ripped off compared to most other countries with the price of makeup (and everything else too).
The one complaint I have is, as others here have stated, that this only comes in 3 colours. I have pale, creamy neutral to slightly pinkish toned skin and the lightest shade "natural" is too dark for me by several shades. However I have found the same problem with almost every single powder I've ever bought from an Australian store- obviously the makeup powers that be don't believe we have any light skinned women here. It's a huge problem for me, and I really resent it. But when you find a powder as good as this you don't let that stop you, so I attempt to lighten it a bit by using a little very pale mineral powder over the top of it (which, by the way I had to buy overseas to get it in a pale shade).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by kayci21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is okay - I don't hate it but I don't love it either.

Colour - I have it in the shades "Natural" and "Deep Natural". When I tested them out on my hand in the store, there really didn't seem to be much difference between these two. But then when I tried them on later, I found that Natural was closer to my skintone, if not a shade too light. Deep Natural is about two shades too dark for me and looks a bit orange-y when I layer it on.

I've never used this as a foundation. I use it usually as a concealer or as setting powder. As a concealer, it's alright. Since the shade "Natural" is too light for me, it doesn't really provide much coverage, but on the other hand, since "Deep Natural" is too dark, it makes my skin look orange, so I like to mix the two.

The major plus side is that this doesn't seem to break me out. I actually even noticed at times after I'd worn it that it seemed to help remove some small blemishes. Since I wasn't sure if this was the powder's doing, I looked on the Australis website for more information on ingredients and found that it contains some things that are meant to help get rid of blemishes. Though in my experience, it only works on small ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by courtney771

I used mac studio fix for years until a friend introduced me to this! Absolutely amazing, great coverage and you can't go wrong with $10 for a pressed powder compared to $35 + for mac. It's a 100% dupe! I actually prefer this powder to mac :) never breaks me out either, please never stop selling this Australis!