Pantene Expert Collection Age Defy Shampoo

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Citrate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium 76, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Lysine HCL, Methyl Tyrosinate HCL, Histidine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1, Yellow 5, Red 33

on 5/26/2013 12:23:00 PM

The advertising hit all the right notes for my hair. Aging, dry, frizzy, and light greying. I used most of the bottle with no real benefit to my middle aged hair. Pros-it feels good while you are washing and rinsing. Cons-no change to frizziness, dryness, or breakage upon drying. Also, this is expensive for a drug store shampoo. I wouldn't recommend this and I certainly would not repurchase. Disappointing.

on 5/26/2013 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this product as it was promoted as helping correct issues I have with my hair, namely frizz, flyaway and some gray that's very dry and wiry. I have now used the product for several weeks and am not impressed with it, as it hasn't helped correct any of the issues named above. In fact, I've noticed no difference between this product and any other Pantene shampoos I previously used, except for one and that is the cost! This one is twice as expensive as the others, yet does nothing to merit the higher cost. On the plus side, it does have a nice fragrance and rinses out clean. I find the bottle less practical than a tube, but this isn't a big deal. Overall, I give it a neutral rating as it hasn't made my hair worse, but it certainly hasn't improved it.

I should mention I've used the conditioner along with the shampoo, so my above comments are based upon several weeks usage of both.

on 3/17/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

For reference I have thin, fine, color treated hair. I have been test driving this, and L'Oreal's Advanced Total Repair 5. This one lost. I used each for a full 6 days in a row. On day one I used a clarifying shampoo, then 6 says of the shampoo, always with the same conditioner (DermOrganic...the best!) and the same styling products (Redken 07 Layer Lift & Gelatine) so that it was only the shampoo that changed. I had only one good hair day with this...the first day I used it. After that my hair was just flatter with less body, and harder to style and manage, and looked more wrecked, flat, frizzy, and rat-like by the end of the day. It lathers well and I do like the scent of this one slightly better.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have highlighted blonde thin hair.i try every shampoo from cheap to pricey.this is awful. Although my hair was very soft and shiny,it was beyond Flat. Looked liked I needed to wash it, pancake flat. I would never buy it again.

on 3/1/2013 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I like this shampoo for the fact that it makes my hair very shiny but it has both sulfates and cocamidopropyl betaine, my number one enemy. Upon washing hair felt dry, not tangled but definitely dry, the conditioner is great, however you have to use a lot to feel some slip, hair looks shiny thanks to all those sulfates getting my hair super clean, I don't understand how can they advertise this for thinning/aging/older hair with that much bad stuff in it. I'm in my forties and this shampoo/conditioner didn't impress me.
May 31: tried this again and I liked it better this time, I've been taking really good care of my hair and it's much healthier than it was when I first tried, this shampoo can't be used on really dry hair but on healthy hair feels really good and almost didn't loose any hair in the shower.

on 2/20/2013 7:54:00 AM

I have spent a fortune on my hair over my past 46 years. For the past 6 years or so I have had terribly dry hair and tried everything, but at best I have had so so results with products. If they do anything to condition my hair then it falls flat and looks dirty, if it gives volume then it drys it out. I mean I have tired everything, even from other countries. I bought this because I thought since it isn't expensive what do I have to loose. This is GREAT!!!!! I use it with the Age Defy conditioner. My hair has never looked so good! It is full and shiny, and not a bit dry. I was even scared after reading some reviews that it drys hair out, as my hair is already dry from age and color. This did exactly what it advertised. I even insisted my mother and sisters buy it. This is the first time I have felt I should write a review on any hair product, but I just want anyone who was thinking about buying please do yourself a favor and BUY IT!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was skeptical when I purchased the shampoo and conditioner, but they are great. I especially love the conditioner which provided enough moisture for my very thick, very highlighted hair. Great product for the price! I will definitely purchase again.

on 2/16/2013 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this shampoo. Hair is shiny,soft and bouncy. I was using nioxin but this is so much better. My hair is much less frizzy and looks very healthy

on 2/14/2013 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Didn't work for me, sadly. The first time I used this along with the conditioner, I had hair that is bouncy and full! The second time (next day), it felt coated, like I put on saran wrap, and it was not as bouncy. The third day, I just shampooed, different conditioner, ugh, felt like I had never washed it and made my scalp itchy and bumpy. I tried it again, a couple a days later, MAJOR scalp itch and hair fallout. Returned the shampoo (bottle leaked all over the place, tightly closed, upright huh, right) kept the conditioner for those days that my ends were dry. I have an oily scalp, must wash every day. Derm told me to stay away from volumizing shampoos and conditioners because of the high alcohol content and panethol. One lippie for nice scent. I tend to stay away from Pantene shampoos anyway because they never work for me. I thought I would try this because of the reviews. Their conditioners aren't bad if I stay away from the volumizing ones.

I don't usually use shampoo, as I use WEN, but I found the shampoo and conditioner for $7.50, so I thought I would try. I have naturally curly hair which has been permanently straightened with an Aveda system. My hair is on the dry side, but in good condition. I do have several greys and color my hair. The shampoo did lather well and made my hair feel very dry, so I was a bit worried. It did not strip my color, but my hair did feel dry. After the shampoo I used the conditioner and combed it through my hair. I left it on for a couple of minutes and rinsed. Followed with my Macadamia oil and dryed. My hair was soft, smooth and bouncy. It did not feel dry at all or weighed down (as I have fine hair). I might repurchase after I run out of all my WEN!

Top Rated Pantene Products