November 28, 2014 | 1352 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Expert Collection Age Defy Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by SaraLee2

For reference I have thin, fine, color treated hair. I have been test driving this, and L'Oreal's Advanced Total Repair 5. This one lost. I used each for a full 6 days in a row. On day one I used a clarifying shampoo, then 6 says of the shampoo, always with the same conditioner (DermOrganic...the best!) and the same styling products (Redken 07 Layer Lift & Gelatine) so that it was only the shampoo that changed. I had only one good hair day with this...the first day I used it. After that my hair was just flatter with less body, and harder to style and manage, and looked more wrecked, flat, frizzy, and rat-like by the end of the day. It lathers well and I do like the scent of this one slightly better.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by alanafelicia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have highlighted blonde thin hair.i try every shampoo from cheap to pricey.this is awful. Although my hair was very soft and shiny,it was beyond Flat. Looked liked I needed to wash it, pancake flat. I would never buy it again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this shampoo for the fact that it makes my hair very shiny but it has both sulfates and cocamidopropyl betaine, my number one enemy. Upon washing hair felt dry, not tangled but definitely dry, the conditioner is great, however you have to use a lot to feel some slip, hair looks shiny thanks to all those sulfates getting my hair super clean, I don't understand how can they advertise this for thinning/aging/older hair with that much bad stuff in it. I'm in my forties and this shampoo/conditioner didn't impress me.
May 31: tried this again and I liked it better this time, I've been taking really good care of my hair and it's much healthier than it was when I first tried, this shampoo can't be used on really dry hair but on healthy hair feels really good and almost didn't loose any hair in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by sofia0424

I have spent a fortune on my hair over my past 46 years. For the past 6 years or so I have had terribly dry hair and tried everything, but at best I have had so so results with products. If they do anything to condition my hair then it falls flat and looks dirty, if it gives volume then it drys it out. I mean I have tired everything, even from other countries. I bought this because I thought since it isn't expensive what do I have to loose. This is GREAT!!!!! I use it with the Age Defy conditioner. My hair has never looked so good! It is full and shiny, and not a bit dry. I was even scared after reading some reviews that it drys hair out, as my hair is already dry from age and color. This did exactly what it advertised. I even insisted my mother and sisters buy it. This is the first time I have felt I should write a review on any hair product, but I just want anyone who was thinking about buying please do yourself a favor and BUY IT!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Fragrancegirl38

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical when I purchased the shampoo and conditioner, but they are great. I especially love the conditioner which provided enough moisture for my very thick, very highlighted hair. Great product for the price! I will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by josesusan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this shampoo. Hair is shiny,soft and bouncy. I was using nioxin but this is so much better. My hair is much less frizzy and looks very healthy

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Didn't work for me, sadly. The first time I used this along with the conditioner, I had hair that is bouncy and full! The second time (next day), it felt coated, like I put on saran wrap, and it was not as bouncy. The third day, I just shampooed, different conditioner, ugh, felt like I had never washed it and made my scalp itchy and bumpy. I tried it again, a couple a days later, MAJOR scalp itch and hair fallout. Returned the shampoo (bottle leaked all over the place, tightly closed, upright huh, right) kept the conditioner for those days that my ends were dry. I have an oily scalp, must wash every day. Derm told me to stay away from volumizing shampoos and conditioners because of the high alcohol content and panethol. One lippie for nice scent. I tend to stay away from Pantene shampoos anyway because they never work for me. I thought I would try this because of the reviews. Their conditioners aren't bad if I stay away from the volumizing ones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't usually use shampoo, as I use WEN, but I found the shampoo and conditioner for $7.50, so I thought I would try. I have naturally curly hair which has been permanently straightened with an Aveda system. My hair is on the dry side, but in good condition. I do have several greys and color my hair. The shampoo did lather well and made my hair feel very dry, so I was a bit worried. It did not strip my color, but my hair did feel dry. After the shampoo I used the conditioner and combed it through my hair. I left it on for a couple of minutes and rinsed. Followed with my Macadamia oil and dryed. My hair was soft, smooth and bouncy. It did not feel dry at all or weighed down (as I have fine hair). I might repurchase after I run out of all my WEN!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by everythingblack

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried this 3 times....first time was good, 2nd not so good, 3rd great! I will keep using it to see how if it has cumulative effects - maybe once the bottle is gone, my hair will truly look 10 yrs younger. All in all, I have to say I like it quite a bit so far. Will update later.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by mchampion

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After seeing Courtney Cox, the spokesperson advertising for Pantene Expert Collection, I had to go out and buy it. I have used a few Pantene formulas in the past and gotten good results but nothing to write home about. This, on the other hand, is absolutely amazing. I washed my hair with the Age Defy formula and have never had a shampoo that made my hair feel conditioned and slick but this does. I also followed with the Age Defy Conditioner, which I combed through and left on for 3 - 5 minutes. It rinses clean and feels like silk. I also use Aveda Damage Control serum/spray to protect before drying and flat ironing. I must say that I am 45, color monthly, blow dry daily, flat iron daily etc. My hair is also 90% WHITE underneath the color so it can be VERY unruly. I also live in the south which is known for humidity. It's been pouring rain for three days and my hair has not frizzed at all. My hair is soft, silky, shiny, manageable and full of body. I wish the bottles were larger but I will definitely be repurchasing the shampoo/conditioner. Now I'm on the hunt for the Age Defy treatment masque and kind of want to try the Advanced Keratin formula but I don't see how it could top Age Defy.