November 23, 2014 | 2133 users online

BB Cream - Olay - Total Effects Tone Correcting "CC" Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by KimA219

I have never had such a harsh reaction to a product before. I bought this cream after believing the hype. I used it on a Monday morning, applying it to my face, neck and upper chest. (Lets face it, we all want our skin to look its best, not just our face). I figured since it has the sunscreen, it would be a good way to help my skin, not only on my face.
The next morning I found the area on my neck and upper chest was red, inflamed and looked like I had a major sunburn. Thank goodness I didn't have the same reaction on my face! It was truly horrible. I had to go and ask a doctor what I could do to alleviate the rash covering my neck and chest, and I ended up having to take Benedryl and use a cortisone cream. I'm still suffering with this rash 48 hours later.
It gets worse. I call the 800 customer line and explained my situation. For no other reason than to let them know. I was told that the directions on the package only state to use on the face and since I used it on my neck and upper chest, they feel that I mis-used the product! However, in their opinion, I could continue to use the cream on my face only because I did not get a rash on my face. WHAT!? I have a bright red rash on my neck and its suggested that I continue to use the product?? Truly inexcusable. I have since returned the product to the pharmacy and received a refund. I have warned all my friends about this product and I will NEVER use it again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Pamela617

I wanted to like this so badly but i hate it their is no coverage does not correct anything the first time.I used it it broke me out got reely greesy and settled so dark in my pores I thoght it might b to dark so I got the lighter shade I would set it whith a powder to c if that helped it did a bit however it still breaks me I have tried for over 3 month's to use this and let my skin get used to it its not happening so don't waste your money their are way better cc creams out there but I will say I love the packaging

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by LisaC14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a disappointment. The first day I used it, the color was great. Really did provide coverage for my red spots. Second morning was okay. Third morning I used it, and by mid morning my face was dry, red, itchy and swollen. Will never ever buy it again. Thought Olay had more natural products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the packaging/presentation but like others here wanted a better product.

I bought it because I wanted a cc cream for my neck & décolletage and it's just too expensive to use the Chanel I use on my face. Like others here I thought it was poorly pigmented and kind of greasy looking. It's also supposed to fade dark spots. In fairness I just have not used it enough to tell if it works for that.

If you are looking for a good CC cream for your face I would pay the extra and use Clinique or Chanel. It's your face after all and it's just not worth it to look bad no matter the price point.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a sample of this with a magazine. It is almost colorless. I found the formula to be very greasy and uncomfortable. It just sat on the top of my skin. I ended up using it as a primer, because it had no coverage. I would never buy this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product several weeks ago, thinking it would be great to have something with SPF in it. At first it seemed o.k., although I didn't wear it much. The lightness of it was very pleasant.

But this morning, I put it on before going shopping. At one point I looked into the flip-down mirror in our car and it looked like I'd smeared my face with pumpkin! My whole face was orange, not just yellow, really orange. I couldn't wait to get home to wash this stuff off and put it into my donation bag. Or maybe I should have just put it right into the trash. But who knows, it might work for somebody somewhere.

Don't waste a penny on this product! It's beyond awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by lilwoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO ANY PRODUCT. EVER. this product started burning the second I put it on and turned my face into a puffy, red mess. My face literally looks like it was sprayed with acid. I cannot believe something like this is FDA approved. Please do not buy this. And warn your friends.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by snoozykat

This made my skin look like orange clay. It went on nice but as it spread and dried it made me look 10 years older. I used it on a recent weekend away and now that I look at the photos, I know why I looked so haggered.... I had that on my face!

I'm always on the quest for a new skin cream/tinted moisturizer/bb cream so I've been giving some of the drug store brands a chance. So far I have been disappointed. Sorry Olay devotees, I was hoping for a better product. I have tried the CC cream on several occassions to see how it looks in different light (at the office, outside, etc.) and everywhere it made me look old. I look younger without it.

Last night I used Stila tinted moisturizer and my skin felt soft and had a great glow. The comparison to the Olay is significant.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by amany12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is not for me. It wore off very quickly. And when it was on, I could feel it on my skin. Which I did not like. I didn't find the smell that strong/offensive though. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Aurorales

This is a review of the light-medium shade.

I like it a lot. Nice dewy coverage, nice moisture throughout the day, and good level of spf that is not overkill.

I see the person below had an allergic reaction to this. Of course they don't like it. But there is no way a product left on you skin for less than a day would cause blackheads. Blackheads develop over time, not in a day.

The smell is from the sunscreen. It is a normal sunscreen smell. If you hate the way sunscreens smell then don't use this or any other sunscreen product.

I believe this product is for aging skin or women who need anti aging products. And since I am 45 years old, this product is for me. As I have gotten older I find I look much better with a light foundation. The more coverage a product has, the more noticeable my age is. The coverage of this is light and nice. I use an under eye concealer and a light dusting of a finishing powder over this. My skin looks fresh and natural,.... like skin is supposed to look.

Good product for women over 35 who need something natural, protective, and moisturizing for daily use.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No