October 30, 2014 | 1339 users online

BB Cream - Olay - Total Effects Tone Correcting "CC" Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Pamela617

I wanted to like this so badly but i hate it their is no coverage does not correct anything the first time.I used it it broke me out got reely greesy and settled so dark in my pores I thoght it might b to dark so I got the lighter shade I would set it whith a powder to c if that helped it did a bit however it still breaks me I have tried for over 3 month's to use this and let my skin get used to it its not happening so don't waste your money their are way better cc creams out there but I will say I love the packaging

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by LisaC14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a disappointment. The first day I used it, the color was great. Really did provide coverage for my red spots. Second morning was okay. Third morning I used it, and by mid morning my face was dry, red, itchy and swollen. Will never ever buy it again. Thought Olay had more natural products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the packaging/presentation but like others here wanted a better product.

I bought it because I wanted a cc cream for my neck & décolletage and it's just too expensive to use the Chanel I use on my face. Like others here I thought it was poorly pigmented and kind of greasy looking. It's also supposed to fade dark spots. In fairness I just have not used it enough to tell if it works for that.

If you are looking for a good CC cream for your face I would pay the extra and use Clinique or Chanel. It's your face after all and it's just not worth it to look bad no matter the price point.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a sample of this with a magazine. It is almost colorless. I found the formula to be very greasy and uncomfortable. It just sat on the top of my skin. I ended up using it as a primer, because it had no coverage. I would never buy this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product several weeks ago, thinking it would be great to have something with SPF in it. At first it seemed o.k., although I didn't wear it much. The lightness of it was very pleasant.

But this morning, I put it on before going shopping. At one point I looked into the flip-down mirror in our car and it looked like I'd smeared my face with pumpkin! My whole face was orange, not just yellow, really orange. I couldn't wait to get home to wash this stuff off and put it into my donation bag. Or maybe I should have just put it right into the trash. But who knows, it might work for somebody somewhere.

Don't waste a penny on this product! It's beyond awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by lilwoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO ANY PRODUCT. EVER. this product started burning the second I put it on and turned my face into a puffy, red mess. My face literally looks like it was sprayed with acid. I cannot believe something like this is FDA approved. Please do not buy this. And warn your friends.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by snoozykat

This made my skin look like orange clay. It went on nice but as it spread and dried it made me look 10 years older. I used it on a recent weekend away and now that I look at the photos, I know why I looked so haggered.... I had that on my face!

I'm always on the quest for a new skin cream/tinted moisturizer/bb cream so I've been giving some of the drug store brands a chance. So far I have been disappointed. Sorry Olay devotees, I was hoping for a better product. I have tried the CC cream on several occassions to see how it looks in different light (at the office, outside, etc.) and everywhere it made me look old. I look younger without it.

Last night I used Stila tinted moisturizer and my skin felt soft and had a great glow. The comparison to the Olay is significant.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by amany12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is not for me. It wore off very quickly. And when it was on, I could feel it on my skin. Which I did not like. I didn't find the smell that strong/offensive though. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Aurorales

This is a review of the light-medium shade.

I like it a lot. Nice dewy coverage, nice moisture throughout the day, and good level of spf that is not overkill.

I see the person below had an allergic reaction to this. Of course they don't like it. But there is no way a product left on you skin for less than a day would cause blackheads. Blackheads develop over time, not in a day.

The smell is from the sunscreen. It is a normal sunscreen smell. If you hate the way sunscreens smell then don't use this or any other sunscreen product.

I believe this product is for aging skin or women who need anti aging products. And since I am 45 years old, this product is for me. As I have gotten older I find I look much better with a light foundation. The more coverage a product has, the more noticeable my age is. The coverage of this is light and nice. I use an under eye concealer and a light dusting of a finishing powder over this. My skin looks fresh and natural,.... like skin is supposed to look.

Good product for women over 35 who need something natural, protective, and moisturizing for daily use.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by VintagePro

COMPLETELY WRECKED MY SKIN IN ONE APPLICATION.

I have pretty tough skin and I am not prone to any kind of breakouts. I've never experienced an allergic reaction to any product before.

I've been using L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier and I love the way it makes my skin look, but alas, it doesn't have SPF, so I tried this Olay jazz (in Fair/Light) because it had sunscreen. It made a horrible BB cream - a little sticky, no coverage whatsoever, couldn't tell a difference in my skin at all - so I put my regular foundation on over it and thought maybe it would make a better primer. It looked GREAT when I finished my makeup.

I had a very busy day, and I didn't check my look in the mirror at all, so I was very surprised when I went to take my makeup off that night and saw that my face was orange. I don't mean it had an orange cast, I mean it was dirty, rusty orange. I couldn't believe I'd been going around looking like that all day and no one had told me.

I was again surprised once the makeup was off to find that hiding behind my full coverage foundation was swollen, irritated, red skin and blackheads that had not been there when the day began. The pores around my nose and cheeks were puffy and red, with a great big blackhead in the middle of each one. Along my forehead, temples, and chin were thousands of little tiny bumps... so tiny I couldn't tell if they were blemishes or a rash.

Upon further reflection, I've decided these bumps must be blemishes because nothing on my face was itchy at all. But my skin was so red and inflamed that it was two more nights before I felt it was safe to use my regular exfoliants, and even then, they stung, which has never happened before.

It's been three days and my skin is just now beginning to recover. I estimate that it will take at least another week to get rid of all the blackheads this stuff created.

This is THE WORST PRODUCT I'VE EVER SEEN and there are no words to express how much I hate it. If I could give it negative lippies, I would. This would be a crap product if it were $3, and I'd be really upset if I had paid the $25 they charge for this junk, but my sister gave it to me because it wrecked her skin, too. (I thought I might like it because I'm older and her skin is more sensitive than mine, but I was wrong.)

Don't buy this stuff, and don't use it even if somebody gives it to you. Avoid it like the plague, because if you use it, you'll LOOK like you have the plague.

UPDATE 9.25.13
All the patches that were red and inflamed a few days ago have now become dry, scaled, and peeling. Even the mildest moisturizers sting. The only things I can use are Benadryl cream and Elizabeth Arden's 8-Hour Cream Skin Protectant.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No