April 24, 2014 | 1925 users online

Fragrances - Aquolina - Gold Sugar

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by ShellyMum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this one unsniffed (I know, I know..... LOL), When I first sprayed this I thought "oh no yuck". After reading the notes I was hoping for a creamy coconut/creme brulee scent but the initial blast is a very unpleasant citrus scented bug spray (at least to my nose). I like citrus but something doesn't sit right with these top notes for me. I was initially very disappointed!! Thankfully it does become something a lot nicer as it wears on; with a little more of the creamy coconut/creme brulee I'd hoped for, coming through. It is not the sillage/projection monster that Pink Sugar is and wears closer to the skin. However, as for lasting power, I can still smell it on my skin and clothes 5.5 hours later. As others seem to like this a lot, I do wonder if perhaps my bottle has gone off or something? I will try a tester in a shop (if it ever comes to Australia). For a comparision scent, I'd say it's along the same lines as to The One by Dolce & Gabbana (not identical just slightly similiar).
Top Notes: Mandarin Orange, Orange, Neroli
Middle Notes: Orange Blossom, Coconut, Creme Brulee
Base Notes: Amber, Musk, Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The mandarin is a very long lasting notes, that gives the fragrance a subtly fresh feel. The coconut and creme brulee are both present though the entirety of GOLD SUGAR too, so the sweetness is more
creamy, rather then outright sugary.

The floral notes aren't strong enough to stand out from the fruits and creamy vanilla notes. There is a powdery undertone to the fragrance, so I'd guess rose and perhaps peony, but at the end of the day I am just guessing.

There is no strong indication between the heart notes and the base, thanks to the constant trickle of soft fruits, cream and vanilla. The main shift in the direction of the fragrance, is that the creamy notes become cleaner as the musk develops. The notes also become a bit more milkier as the fruit notes die down.

Official scent notes: Mandarin, citrus, neroli, mixed florals, crème brule, coconut, Australian sandalwood, musk and creamy accord.

Overall: I like GOLD SUGAR a lot more then I thought I would, and it is quite different from Pink Sugar - not just a quick cash-in release for Christmas. I admit that I do like the original more, but I will re-buy this softer, less sweet edition as I have found myself wearing it a lot. The creaminess is so soft, warm and comforting.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My new favorite perfume right now :) I have so many perfumes and they are all my favorite when I first get them haha, so I'm sure this will be no different.
This is definitely not sugary like Pink Sugar. I don't particularly care for the fruity top notes of citrus-ness. However, beneath those top notes are creamy vanilla dessert and hints of coconut and musk. I hate musky smells, but in this case I admire how it ups the maturity of this fragrance. The sillage isn't so intense as to knock out anyone that comes in the room, but just enough to where the person standing next to you can smell it. And it lasts about 3-5 hours; after about an hour you can really only smell it on yourself, but sometimes that's all one needs :)
I might not repurchase it until it becomes available on some inexpensive perfume website. I got this one basically from taking it out of the gift set I got at Sephora for my brother's girlfriend (which has Pink Sugar edt, body lotion and shower gel, and Gold Sugar edt) and keeping it for myself, shhhhhh :P
Overall nice fragrance if you like rich creamy fragrances.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by mace13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have worn Pink Sugar for some time now. I always get compliments when I'm wearing it. However I still remember my first impression was that it smelled like a 13 year old girl. Perfume, we all know, smells different on everyone. I just bought Gold Sugar and I love the smell. Like Pink Sugar it is strong and lasts a long time. It is a very sweet scent and should be worn lightly. My husband liked it also. It is more of a fruit sweet than a candy sweet like the pink. There was only one review on here about this new fragrance and she did not like it at all. I think if you like Pink Sugar that you will also like the gold. Hoping Sugar lovers will give it a try.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by ilovelauna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was immediately intrigued when I saw Gold Sugar on Sephora's site. I love orange blossom, I love musk, how could I go wrong with the notes listed in Gold Sugar? I was thisclose to ordering unsniffed and I am so glad I didn't!

I happened to walk by it in Sephora today, just browsing around...oh, who am I kidding, I had a laser set out for finding this. Now, I love love love my high ends; Tom Ford Italian Cypress, Malle's Musc Ravaguer are among my favorite type of scents, but I'm no fragrance snob and immediately set to spraying my arm.

First sniff: cheap, basic, sweet. But I gave it a chance, then half an hour, then an hour...what is that I smell trailing me everywhere...where is the teenage girl from the late 80's? You know, the one wearing poofy bangs and too much Electric Youth? Oh wait, it's Exclamation!

If you remember Exclamation, this is it's cheap, cloying, suffocating older sister. It has been a long time since a scent has given me one of *those* headaches, but this succeeded. It's been hours and it has mostly faded.

While I do give it credit for it's sillage and ability to last, the notes in this are almost impossible to distinguish, save for the sweetness. It just ends up being a hot mess on the skin. I've been happier buying Heidi Klum's Shine for $3 at Target. Thumbs down.

Notes as listed: Neroli, Orange, Mandarin, Orange Blossom, Crème Brûlé Accord, Coconut, Australian Amberwood, Cream and Musk Accord.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No