September 18, 2014 | 925 users online

Polishes - OPI - Goldeneye

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Msands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this colour! HG nail colour if there ever was one. Exceptionally flattering on my skintone. I'll be wearing this to a wedding (as will the other bridesmaids) with a nude base and with Goldeneye as the accent tip colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by JodyF

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Count me in on the "jewelry for your nails" reviews. I love this as an accent color. I painted it on the tips of my nails over a violet/blue duochrome polish, and it was just beautiful.

I can understand why it might look more orange than metallic gold on someone with a warm complexion, but I have a pinkish, cool skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by MakeupKidd09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG, this polish is the prettiest true gold polish that i've ever tried. Takes about 2 to 3 coats to get full opaque coverage and then nails look like gold flakes were poured on them. Plus this color last almost too well. Was a challenge to remove, but def a go to daring color (=

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goldeneye is from OPI James Bond 007 Skyfall Collection. Out of all the 12 bottles, I chose the wear this one first as this is the one that catches my eye. I am determine to get this one as I have warm olive skin and this beautiful shinny golden glitter nail polish compliments it very well. I recently have a sun tan, bronzy color and this warm yellow shinny golden glitter compliments it very well.
I can see there are also some fine orange glitter in the background, but it is very subtle.
The application is great. It does come across a bit sheer but the beauty of this color compensate it. It took me 2 coats to finish it and it dries super quick and it came out flawless.
I really love this one as it goes well with my black dress for Christmas or even red. It stands out beautifully with any skin tone. This color is a must to have and I will buy another one for backup.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by kr7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I gave this a high rating because it is a great quality nail polish and I have no complaints with the formula or drying time, although you have to be patient with 3-4 coats drying, it isn't that bad. And as another reviewer said, it is almost impossible to wear it as an accent color because it is so densely packed with shimmer that it will basically hide whatever color you wear it over. With that said, my biggest issue with this nail polish is the color. I wanted to love this and I was super excited to pick this up. However, it is really yellow, boarding mustard/orange and it clashes horribly with my skin tone. In the bottle I adore it but on my nails it translates to a gawdy shade of gold.. I am pale with strong yellow undertones so I recommend those with the same complexion to be wary of this shade on your skin. It is not that attractive. There are better golds out there for someone with my complexion. And I usually only wear gold or bronze jewelry so I it's not gold that is the problem, it is this shade of gold that is not great. I am very sad to see that this one didn't work out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryKisses23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The moment I layed my eyes on the swatches of 'Goldeneye' I knew it had to be mine. I ordered this online from the States ( I live in NZ ) and it arrived today. It is even more beautiful in real-life. It was like someone had taken a chunky 24carat block of gold, smashed it up into tiny little pieces, turned it into liquid and poured it into this nail polish bottle!

I have 'Goldeneye' on my ring fingers ( 3 thin coats ) it is a dream to apply and the finish is totally smooth. On the rest of my nails I have OPI's 'Uh-Oh Roll Down the Window'. I'm loving this combo - my plain boring mani comes alive and the colors compliment each other very well.

'Goldeneye' is a fun - magical - Glamourous - classy - unique color that every nail polish lover should own!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by katyren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really great colour and I get comments all the time when I wear it. Its a bright yellow gold and very different from anything else I own and really really pretty and sparkly just like the other reviewer said like jewellery for your nails. I was worried that as its so yellow it wouldn't look good on my skin tone but its fine. Goes on well in 3 coats, I give it a minute between each as I noticed that if I don't it dragged a little at the edge.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by OhhhDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this! Such a vibrant, true gold. It has fine glitter particles that lay flat and is opaque in three coats. This is like jewelry for your nails.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Goldeneye is part of the James Bond 007 Skyfall collection. Goldeneye is a small/medium gold glitter. I don't care for it, as instead of coming off as gold, it's almost orange. It's not really opaque unless you use 3-4 coats, and almost too heavy to use over other colors unless you just want your base coat to peek thru. It might work for accents or such, but because it's such a funky color, I can't see using it much, unless I want some wild toes next summer. There are much better golds out there. This collection also has a color called Goldfinger, however it's supposed to be make with real gold, I didn't get a chance at that one, so I can't comment.