LUSH Let the Good Times Roll

4.3

Maize Flour, Glycerine, Talc, Water (Aqua), Corn Oil, Polenta, Fair Trade Organic Cinnamon Powder, Perfume, Gardenia Extract, Popcorn

on 1/6/2015 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I initially began scoping out Lush products for two reasons: 1) I was looking for facial cleansers which do not contain tree nut ingredients, which I am allergic to, and 2) I was attracted to Lush's easy-to-read ingredients list. Let the Good Times Roll was my first purchase from Lush, and despite being quite nice in all other areas, it wasn't a great purchase as it is quite harsh on sensitive skin.

On first glance: the packaging is nice, it smells great, you only need to use a tiny amount each wash, and it works into a paste easily. It also did not contain any ingredients that irritated my sensitive skin--however, the texture of it is quite harsh. I do not use scrub exfoliants anymore, but back when I did, Let the Good Times Roll is something I might have used as an exfoliator, not as an every day face wash. I would not buy it again for this reason. If you have sensitive skin, I'd give this one a pass. Otherwise, it was nice.

*Pricing: While I don't think Lush's face washes are particularly overpriced with their intended 3 month date, I took a star off because the store I bought from sold me a pot with only 6 weeks left until its expiration date. The staff told me the one pot would last me about 6 weeks--it expired long before I used it all. If you're a first time buyer of Lush's face washes, make sure to check before purchasing! I just received Aqua Marina in the mail after purchasing it from the Lush website and the expiration date is about what it should be. I am liking the product more for my sensitive skin as well.

on 1/5/2015 11:40:00 PM

After using this for a couple weeks now, i'm in love with this product.
I wouldn't use it as a regular cleanser bc it is a bit thick exfoliator. I used it after using the regular cleanser, and it removed all dead skin cells. Feeling the thick texture of the product,
I thought it was going to be really harsh on my skin, but instead, it left my skin feeling dewy m moist and very fragrant. Prior to using this, I had a slight redness and breakout due to fine dust, but that also seems to have gotten better with this product!

Surprisingly satisfied with this exfoliator! :)

on 12/2/2014 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

THIS STUFF SMELLS AMAZING!! As far as my skin goes, I have acne prone, sensitive and dry skin (quite a combination). LTGTR is a great exfoliator. I have repurchased this stuff a couple of times because it smells amazing and does the job without breaking me out, which is rare. Don't get me wrong, for me personally, it hasn't been a miracle for my skin, it is simply an exfoliating cleanser that smells great. With that being said I still consider it five star as it is definitely worth having in your skin care collection when you need a good exfoliating and a nice glow to your skin.

on 11/11/2014 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Maize flower, glycerin and corn oil. Cheap, cheap, cheap ingredients. Everything else in this scrub is superfluous. You could make a half gallon of this at home yourself for the price of a large tub from Lush.

One of things that upsets me about Lush is their gimmicky marketing. Not that they don't have some great products, they absolutely do. But they also have a whole bunch of over priced, over hyped crud, and this is one of them. I mean pop corn? Really?

on 8/22/2014 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm so torn with this product. On the one hand, it's an exfoliator that does wonders for when my skin is dehydrated and flaky. I use this as a scrub instead of a cleanser and it's just perfect for removing dead skin and leaving everything smooth and silky. You just can't beat the feel of this stuff when your skin is tired and dehydrated and Cryptkeeper-esque.

The downside is that it breaks me out a little bit. I hardly ever get honest-to-goodness pimples (knock on wood) and this stuff always gives me one little spot somewhere on my face. I don't know if it's the corn oil or what. I'm generally OK with glycerin so I don't think that's the issue. However, when my face is very dehydrated I'll probably continue using it. One pimple is better than a haggard, bumpy, dehydrated face any day.

on 8/22/2014 5:37:00 PM

I like this, but as a gentle scrub and not a cleanser as advertised. It's a fine grained scrub packaged in one of LUSH's recycled black pots, relatively conveniently packaged as far as LUSH products go. I was hoping for something like Angels on Bare Skin but it's much scrubbier, and not something that I'd personally use everyday. That said, it's a nice gentle scrub (sand texture) with a delicious caramel/vanilla scent.

The biggest pros for this product are that it's almost all-natural (just a bit of synthetic perfume added), moisturising for a scrub, and no animal testing. Cons are that it's harsh as an everyday cleanser, and the included pieces of popcorn are completely useless.

LUSH on the whole makes a good range of mostly-natural skin cleansers, so I would still recommend this product if you're in the market for this sort of thing!

on 8/20/2014 4:56:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

A huge fan of LUSH Iíve used their products for years having been won over by the freshness of their items underscored not only by the effectiveness of their use but by the smiling sticker on each item that states who made it, on what date, and a when the product should be used by date. Absolute honesty and absolutely wonderful products!

For me Let The Good Times Roll is a unique Face and Body Cleanser as it has a bit of texture to it. So, since my skin can be somewhat sensitive I use it several times a week on my face and every day for the rest of the torso. Skin feels instantly refreshed and clean.

The scent is subtle as (thankfully) Lush products are - itís a bit hard to define - sort of salty, rather sweet. Good things, if you will, which makes a lingering aroma attractive. Or so the Mr. Tells me at bedtime.

Thank you LUSH for always satisfying products and the integrity with which you present them.

- Gail Cooke

on 8/17/2014 11:14:00 PM

Love this product from LUSH! The staff recommended this to me, as I told them that I needed a really good scrub for my dry skin. Needless to say, ocean salt is too harsh for me, but LTGTR is just right. It cleanses the skin softly and leaves it feeling smooth. The only reason I gave it a 4 was due to its price. I know LUSH cleansers are generally expensive, but I felt really sad to be halfway through even when I bought it few days ago. Anyways, I'll still buy it again haha.

on 8/11/2014 1:19:00 PM

So, I will start with this : LTGTR is what will make ur day better after putting it on. I am telling u, the smell of it is the best!
I had doubts about buying this one. I have combination skin and tend to break out from time to time..so seeing the comments saying that it leaves your skin 'slippery' really made me think if I want to get it. But I did. And now I'm super duper happy. I went on a holiday to the seaside and cleaning my face with that beauty after a day full of salty water, strong sun and wind was pure PERFECTION. My skin does feel slippery after I wash it but thats just before it dries out. After a minute of the wash, my face is fresh,super soft and clean, moisturized and not oily!
If this doesnt convince u, I dont know what will. Did I mention the smell that makes me wanna eat it?! Yup, I did. But even if I say it for the third time, it still wouldnt be enough to show my love for this one ;D

on 8/10/2014 2:50:00 PM

Love this product. I'm new to Lush and decided to give them a try after I seen the results that my daughter has had. I use this along with Mask of Megaminty, my skin has NEVER felt so soft. In my 50's my skin decided that it wanted to break out again on my forehead and chin area's. I have spent a ton of money on different products, so far this combination has been the only solution! The smell is amazing which is a great perk.