Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

3.7

AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TALC, CETYL PEG/ PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRIBEHENIN, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BISPEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, LECITHIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, LAURETH-7, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, XANTHAN GUM, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PEG-8, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, BHT, SODIUM PCA, UREA, SODIUM LACTATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, TRIACETIN, BENZOIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 5/31/2015 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I bought this when I saw it at a Kmart after hearing Tanya Burr praise it and use it in her tutorial videos. I figured that it much be pretty fantastic if she kept using it. It wasn't. I find it to be very liquidy and when I blend it out it just vanishes under my eyes. The very slight shimmer in the product also seems to accentuate any fine lines that I have under my eyes and make them more pronounced. I then watched a video from Louise of Sprinkle of Glitter talk a bit about it so i pulled it out and tried it again...nope. Still not very good!

on 5/29/2015 10:29:00 AM

I really like this concealer it covers my acne marks and makes my skin look quite dewy and soft. I wouldn’t say it’s great for under the eyes as it doesn’t really cover much but otherwise it is a good drugstore concealer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this concealer very recently and I'm really not all that impressed with it. It is very dry for a concealer and the concentration is very weak which means the product blends to almost nothing. Obviously this means it doesn't conceal well. Although the shimmer in the product does add a nice glow to the under eye area, it is too unnatural for use elsewhere on the face. I tried to use the concealer on blemishes but the consistency just isn't suited to the purpose of acne coverage, although it claims to. I also found the concealer to be too peach-toned for my very fair skin. Under the eyes it doesn't look out of place because the peachy colour cancels out the blue in my inner eye corners. However, elsewhere it is far too orange. After just a few minutes the concealer creased and began to look cakey. The concealer feels light on the skin, which is one of the few good aspects of it, and I can imagine it being a very good highlighting concealer for many people. However, for porcelain skinned people like myself, the colour is awful. Even the lightest colour didn't match. I would say that the packaging is very nice - basic, but classy and the orange lid makes it very easy to spot in my makeup drawer. Compared to other drugstore concealer, it isn't worth buying again but the price is agreeable if you really don't want to invest in a better concealer!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely ADORE this concealer! I have extremely sensitive and acne-prone skin (not a good combination!) so I thought it was a bit risky trying out a new concealer, but I love Rimmel so I decided to give it a try. The results were a silky, flawless look and I have been wearing it everyday since purchase. People are always asking me what I'm wearing (if they've seen me without makeup) or what is your secret to flawless skin (if they've only seen me with makeup). The best thing about it is that you can't tell that you have concealer on! I normally wear it under my eyes and on all my breakouts and red patches.
It dosen't sting and it isn't irritable at all, and as for my acne, if anything they have gotten better since first use! I would definitely repurchase this product, my advise is to buy one slightly lighter than your skin-tone (I have olive skin and I bought it in light) to get the best results.
Hope this review helped!

on 5/26/2015 4:42:00 PM

Although this product is highly rated, it was not what I had expected. It gave me very little coverage (especially on the dark circles). I had heard many good reviews about this product, however for me, it was not suitable for my skin and did not help.

on 5/25/2015 1:33:00 PM

I love this product!! I use it every day and has the best coverage. On days when i dont have much redness on my skin, i just put a bit of concealer on my face and use it just to give my skin abit more coverage and look more refreshed. I would defiantly re-purchase again. My favourite concealer!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely love this concealer!! I use it near enough everyday, and it's just so creamy, easily to blend, with an average coverage! Holy grail concealer! Love it!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

When i got this i was really excited after seeing reviews and a video on it. When i first put it on it was creamy and light and it did give me good coverage. Also brighten up the eye area which i loved! But.. now this is what did it for me. After 3 to 6 hours it really set in to lines so badly. I did post a photo on before and after if anyone cares to look because i was shocked. I did set it with a very light power as i do with all my concealers. It made me look a lot older then i am. However i will use this for highlighting my forehead nose ect. Just not going near my eyes.

I love this concealer! I use it for under my eyes, and for highlighting my nose/cupids bow. and it really does 'wake me up'! It's such a smooth, silky, hydrating formula and it blend so easily, and it doesn't crease. This is one of my favourite concealers. I do notice that it fades after a while but that is expected because it's so cheap. Love this product! :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This concealer is not for people with dry skin. If you have any dry skin this almost automatically clings to dry patches - even when skin is well peppered. The actual coverage is very good, it blends easily and the colour range is fairly standard and friendly as a far as a cheap concealer goes. If you're look for a cheap concealer and don't have dry skin/ wrinkle/fine lines then this one could be for you.