Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

3.6

AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TALC, CETYL PEG/ PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRIBEHENIN, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BISPEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, LECITHIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, LAURETH-7, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, XANTHAN GUM, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, DISODIUM EDTA, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PEG-8, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, BHT, SODIUM PCA, UREA, SODIUM LACTATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-51, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TREHALOSE, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, TRIACETIN, BENZOIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HATE THIS!!! Worst product I've ever put on my face! Never had anything cause me to break up as badly, not even chocolate! My face never had so many pimples

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this concealer since 8th grade, I'm in 11th now, and I still use it. I've loved this concealer a lot, but recently I've been noticing that for whatever reason, it's gotten worse. I think I've noticed that it oxidises slightly, because I use it in the same colour as my foundation and it manages to look orange, UNDER my foundation. This has gotten so annoying, and untill I can get my nars concealer I'm stuck with it. If you use it to highlight in triangles under your eyes, it looks TERRIBLE! You have about 3 seconds to blend it as much as you can before it dries and refuses to budge. EVEN IF you manage to blend it, no matter how well you blend it, it will still look orange and gross. It also smudges off your eye bags through out the day and makes so many lines under your eyes. It's very annoying 😭. I don't know if I've just grown better at recognising the bad things that a concealer shouldn't be doing, or if they've changed their formula or what, but I dislike this concealer a lot. One good thing I can say is that it has yellow undertones which are great for under your eyes WHEN YOH PUT IT ON, this will not last though the day.

Used this product for at least half a year now and it's definitely one of the best concealers I've ever used. Easy to applicate and most of the time covers very well depending whether I'm going through a bad break out or not. Only one thing I don't like about the product is its hard to finish the bottle as the applicator doesn't go to the bottom of the tube so you are wasting quite a lot of the product.
Other than that I think this is a great product and would definitely recommend. Great price, feels great on the skin and conceals very well:)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This product has a doe applicator (which I both like and dislike as it can harvest bacteria easily) and is not as opaque and full coverage as I would like as I have very prominent under eye circles. Also, this concealer can cease easily. Doesn't really add a brightening effect under the eyes and is in a limited range of shades. Even the lightest shade isn't quite light enough. Can conceal blemishes alright. Definitely not worth it for the price. I would skip this and the matching foundation.

Pros:
-- Easy to apply and dot around the face due to the applicator.
-- Good for blemishes and possibly other areas on the face excluding under the eyes.

Cons:
-- Dries up easily.
-- Hard to use all the product up, concealer wand doesn't gather all the product leftover.
-- Not worth the money at all.
-- No worthwhile coverage for under the eyes. Can look translucent.
-- Limited shades for fair people.

I have been using wake me up concealer for a week and I have to say I'm very disappointed. I purchased this product from a drug store for only £4.19 I did expect it to be good but as it turns out I was wrong. The product specifically says it is full coverage which covers dark under eyes, pimples, blemishes and scars with peptides and vitamin moisturising complex which also has a radiant glow. In my own experience this product is not full coverage as it hardly covers blemishes and scars and multiple layers doesn't work. However the product does blend well as it is creamy and covers up blackhead. Overall I know if I did run out of this product I wouldn't even consider repurchasing as if you are looking for full coverage this is not the product for you.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'll start off by saying that I'm 21 years old with oily skin.

I usually buy the Rimmel Match Perfection 2 in 1 concealer/highlighter for under the eyes and to highlight. I like to branch out once in a while so I decided to go for this one.

I swatched this on my hand once I got home and I noticed that it's not full coverage like it claims on the tube, I'd say more light/medium. Also, It has specs of shimmer/glitter in it as well. I don't have wrinkles around my eye area so I figured this wouldn't be an issue for me.

I decided to wear this the other day on top of my L'Oreal Pro Matte Infallible foundation (which is my usual day to day foundation.) I highlighted under my eyes and also bridge of the nose, sides of the mouth, etc.

First initial application, it looked great! Made me look very "awake" as it claims. I was pleasantly surprised.

I wore this for a good 12 hours in a cool climate. (60 degrees F). I didn't do much besides household chores and going to the movies.

I got home and looked in the mirror and what I saw was a hot mess!! It looked as though the concealer had left my face completely aside from settling into my fine lines (which I didn't even know were bad until now.) I also use concealer as an eyelid primer and my eye shadow had completely creased and looked like I chucked vaseline on as eye shadow.

I always set my makeup with my HG powder, Airspun and it usually doesn't budge! However, this was just a mess by the end of my day. I will use this concealer up but I wasn't too happy with it to say the least.

I bought this as I didn't mind the Collection Lasting Perfection but I thought it looked quite cakey and after hearing the hype, decided to try it out while on offer for buy one and get one half price. However, I am not too impressed with the results. First bug bear was that it looked very cakey under the eye which I am not a fan of, then secondly (bearing in mind I am quite young) it settled into all my lines under the eye and made me look as if I have wrinkles. The shades are quite dark, as are most Rimmel shades though... Although I did like the fact that it felt a lot more lightweight than the Collection Concealer and is good to highlight- but not cover up as while it claims to be full coverage, it is a medium coverage. Would I repurchase? Probably not as even though I wasn't the biggest fan of the Collection Concealer- it was miles better than this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This has a bit of shimmer so its good for brightening the undereyes. I'd recommend if you're under 40 and don't have dry eyes. On older eyes you may need a bit of moisturiser to stop it looking slightly cakey if you have lines or dry skin - but its not bad.

125 Very Fair is a warm peachy toned shade around NC15. Its darker than you might expect but I've found Rimmel always runs dark. If you are very fair it will most certainly be too dark for you. One shade darker than Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous in Fair 105/110 and Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer pencil. Two shades darker and much warmer than Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer in Fair 1 (probably my favourite concealer of all time next to Estee Lauder Maximum Coverage Concealer).

One more thing - this contains Tocopherol. If you are Gluten-Free you will want to skip this one. Tocopherol Acetate is Vitamin E, which unless stated (like Apple Cosmetics do) will almost certainly 99.9% of the time have wheat Gluten which does absorb through the skin. I personally had a reaction to the Wake Me Up Concealer - it made my eyes ache painfully and swell even though I tested just the tiniest bit on my dark circles which are not even near my eyes.

I don't understand why people like this concealer. It's AWFUL. Doesn't cover my blemishes, only if they are so faint it isn't worth covering. Looks cakey under the eyes no matter how little I put on, and creases immediately. Also it's quite yellow toned, which doesn't suit my neutral toned skin. This concealer blends out to nothing on blemishes, not even worth bothering. As for price, it was about $16 (NZD), and not worth it. Packaging looks cheap with the orange lid, and label fades off the tube quite quickly. Wouldn't repurchase, not worth the hype, do not buy it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an amazing drug store concealer! I don't use this to cover blemishes, but it's perfect for around the eye area and for anywhere you'd like to highlight. Stays on all day, defiantly repurchasing!