April 21, 2014 | 1253 users online

Concealers - Rimmel - Wake Me Up Concealer

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by courtisane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, this thing is magical. It makes all the fine lines THAT I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WERE THERE appear under my eyes!!! Magic. I have very dry skin and this concealer just settles into the tiniest lines and dries and cracks up, whether I tried applying with fingers or a brush, with or without setting powder. Very disappointing for me.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've yet to find the perfect concealer, but for now this will do. I find it works well both on blemishes and under eyes and doesn't dry out the skin too much for either use. I don't really like Rimmel's limited shade range, however for the first time I have found that it matches me perfectly. For others it is probably quite frustrating. I find it lasts excellently for a concealer, especially given it's hydrating-leaning texture. It is a nice level of creamy, has pretty good coverage and blends quite well, I find a brush works best. It does make my under eye area look a bit cakey if I apply too much, but it's my fault as I can't help but attempt to cover up my darkness 100%! Every concealer creases under the eye, although this one does so minimally. I recommend this for those with drier skins who have trouble finding a concealer which doesn't make them appear extremely flaky and parched. I may purchase again... hopefully I do find that perfect concealer!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by pollyhunter

This is a nice product to have handy as it smells gorgeous and is very good under the eyes, really brightening! But I wouldn't use It as a concealer because it can be quite orange! I would have a look at something like the coll

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by EffieH

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this concealer based on all the great reviews here at MakeupAlley. I'm 57 years old and have been extremely lucky in that I really have no wrinkles or fine lines around my eyes yet. Other women my age are always amazed by it (I attribute it to my DHC moisturizer but that's another review). I do have some dark circles and puffiness lately, so I've been trying different concealers. The Wake Me Up concealer seemed great when I first put it on the morning and I was very happy with it. However, at the end of the day when I went to take off my makeup and looked in the mirror -- horrors!! It had dried and caked and cracked and created a multitude of fine lines under my eyes that were not there before! It looked totally horrific and totally unnatural. I washed my makeup off and my skin looked great again and I swore that stuff would not touch my face again! I had even used my moisturizer underneath it in the morning when I put it on, but that hadn't helped. I have much better luck with concealers that are more moisturizing and creamy. Not only will I not buy it again, but I'm tossing this one out, fortunately it was inexpensive. :-(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Vaporeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmm.. So I'm a bit 50/50 on this concealer, mainly because it claims to be a "full coverage" concealer however it is really the opposite of that and is more of a highlighter than a concealer. I guess from the name of the product "Wake me Up" it implies that it gives more of a "fresh" appearance rather than a heavy-coverage appearance, which is kind of fair enough, but I still expected a little more coverage from this concealer, otherwise I do like it for everyday use as it isn't too heavy.

Pros:
- Doubles as a highlighter (so, it brightens up areas such as inner eye, browbone, cheekbones really well, and there is a subtle shimmer, not TOO sparkly at all)
- Very creamy and blendable consistency, not cakey or drying
- Does not turn greasy or break me out
- Has sheer coverage and suitable for people without many blemishes ...
but that kind of makes you think.. well.. what kind of concealer is that then? A concealer that people without blemishes use? Cue facepalm.

Cons:
- Has sheer-light coverage, absolutely NOT full coverage at all
- Shimmer draws attention to blemishes and hyperpigmentation, redness and acne
- Tends to fade after 2-3 hours, not very long lasting :/

Would I repurchase? Yes, simply because I think it's amazing as an eye-brightener and highlighter. The concealing is probably best left to my MAC Prolongwear though..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Bummer - I had high hopes for this. It is smooth and creamy, doesn't settle in my fine lines, but it truly doesn't do much for concealing my under eye shadows...:( I wore it side by side w/ my regular concealer and couldn't tell the difference - NOTE - I am not happy w/ my regular concealer either.

I used Very Fair and it's a very good match. To give as many of you as possible an idea of that shade, here is what I am in the wintertime: MAC = NC15; EM = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff ; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude; EL Double Wear = Desert Beige; Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque. Hope this is helpful to some :).

O well - up for swap it goes...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by SallyMK

A great brightening concealer for under the eyes or other dark areas that you'd like to brighten up. This concealer blends really well and lasts like a dream. It's not great for blemish coverage but you can always buy a second concealer for that. The packaging is great but again not for blemishes because the brush will just pick up the germs and move them around. Overall a great product, I'll be buying again

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Bexyy1999

Good for just a cheap investment, but wouldn't say I was completely impressed. It made my dark circles slightly less visible, but appeared blotchy in some areas when applied on spots. Would only buy as a cheap and cheerful extra concealer but wouldn't wear too often

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I searched high and low for this product and even had to leave the state to get this concealer in my hands lol. For some reason, stores in Massachusetts wasn't carrying it until now. I really enjoy it. For sure it brightens but I do not believe it's full coverage like it claims. For coverage, I enjoy the other Rimmel Match Perfection concealer (in the blue squeeze tube) wayyyyy more. It still is super blendable and does brighten though. I recommend this for people who don't have issues with super dark under eye circles.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Stephie27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Before I purchased this product, I didn't really think much of concealers because I didn't think i needed them and I thought they looked cakey on me! I like a natural looking face of makeup and whenever I did try a concealer they looked horrid under my eyes and on my blemishes. This concealer really changed my view on them because it brightened up my face and the coverage was amazing!! I love the packaging and the semi thick consistency and applying it onto the face with a doefoot applicator then blending with my fingers or a brush really makes it that much easier.

xo Stephie