August 2, 2014 | 1088 users online

Treatments - OPI - Chip Skip

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by rcmann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Chip Skip offers a quick, clean, less-drying and less-smelly way of cleaning and prepping nails before a manicure than nail polish remover does. (Not that you would use this to remove a nail's worth of polish--just any bits of residual polish or cuticle cream, etc., that may have been left behind.) It gives a perfectly clean surface for a base coat and I've noticed that it makes my polish go on more smoothly and evenly. I haven't noticed it preventing end-of-nail polish chips, but it definitely keeps polish on longer around the cuticle edge and sides of the nail--where old polish and cuticle and lotion residue are more likely to be found.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Its weird. Some manicures this really works, other ones it doesn't. I think the key here is to dry out your nail bed so the polish stays on and adheres better. But overall I think this product is way overpriced and doesn't do a good job for the amount I paid, I paid $20 for this! I got it here at a local beauty supply store so maybe thats why but overall, still chips after 3+ days. Really wanted it to last 5+ so maybe I need to go splurge on some Gelish or Shellac.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by KGirl24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this. Every time I paint my nails, my polish does not last more than 2 days, until now. I use this and then put my color on top and I am so happy with the results. My manicure lasts longer, thank you OPI! I did give this 4 lippies instead of 5 because it is a little expensive for a polish.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by StilaKat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not impressed; this product did nothing for me, and it certainly DIDN'T prolong my manicure :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by ontheglam

In general, I have a serious problem with getting my polish to adhere, so I purchased a tiny little bottle of this on clearance for $.59, just to try it out.
Awesome! I don't know what is in this crap, but it works as it should. It's very very thin, like water, and when you brush it on it dries instantly. It seems to prep the nails by removing oil that causes peeling/chipping.
Use it underneath your base coat!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

EWW, Idk what happened with this product.
The brush is ugly, stiff, yucky, dries out your nails.
Good thing I got it in a Mini first.
I'll stick to my Stickey

I will pass. They need to discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Colby516

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have written a full review on my blog (below) but I absolutely love this stuff and can't believe it has such low rating on MUA! I think most people just are not using it properly! Coming form a soon to be licensed nail tech- your nail has to be clean and dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by gnomixa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The reviewers below who gave this product a negative rating are not using it correctly. See the long post below mine for correct use. This really works! however, if you don't want to spend the cash, just use a paint brush with regular polish remover to clean your nail BEFORE the basecoat application. All this product does is essentially remove the oil/grease from your hand lotion from your nail. This will make the nail polish adhere better.

A++!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by shannaniganss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I sort of hate this product. I am going to return it, mainly because it damaged my nails.
As soon as you apply it, it dries out your nail and makes it look dry. After a week of having on the same nail color (It still chipped after a few days), I removed the polish. My nails look and feel completely different. They are bendy, not strong at all, dry and brittle. I feel like the chip skip took out the moisture and basically ruined my nails.
Now I am using treatments to try to get my nails back to normal.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by NBinNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My nails are healthy, strong and long naturally, therefore, I like to keep them well polished and hate when the polish starts to chip. I have been using it since I discovered it about a year ago. I conducted my own experiment by applying it to one hand but not the other and then vice versa (since I am right handed and use that hand more often). I definitely noticed a big difference in the length of time my polish stayed on. I also tried not using it at all on either hand and what a huge difference! My polish really wore off quickly. I haven't tried wearing it under OPI polish, but I have used it under L'oreal, Lancome, Sally Hansen, Ulta, Revlon, and other polish. It really works well. I will purchase this Chip Skip again. I purchased it at Ulta.