Laura Mercier Artist's Palette For Eyes

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I get way more use out of this than the Naked palettes. Not only are there neutrals, and a full range of matte browns for blending (a bone color and several shades of brown all the way to brown-black/espresso) which is hard to find a decent selection in a palette (if they're there at all!) - but the other colors sold me on this. The presence of a dark navy and the two purple shades, in addition to the range of finishes, makes this the most versatile palette I own. The packaging is classy, there is a mirror inside, and feels like the mid-high-end product that it is. The pans are huge and will last a long time. I wish this wasn't limited edition because I'd love a backup.

This palette is the bomb. It's similar to the Lorac Pro palette in that it has a row of shimmery and a row of mattes but this one has less colors but are bigger sized than the Lorac palette. Some people say that they are really similar and if you have on you don't need the other - I disagree! This one is VERY different from the Lorac palette. The LM one has softer, shimmery and warm-tone colors, and 2 unique duochrome-ish ones. This palette also has more cool/purple toned colors, which is a theme in most of LM's eye palettes. African Violet is a shimmery purple with golden and pink shimmers in it and this color is EVERYTHING. Seriously, it's amazing. It gives your eyes the most beautiful, shining/shimmering/pearlescent glow! Chocolate is another favorite, it's amazing! All the colors in the palette are amazingly pigmented and the mattes aren't chalky or streaky at all. They do have a little fallout but that's nothing you can't prevent.
I would definitely recommend this product as an everyday palette to use for work, school, etc. It's more on the softer and lovelier side and is an amazing staple product.

EDIT: I actually gave this product 4 stars but for some reason the lippies only show up as 3

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING!!!!! My all-time favorite palette ever!!! It is above my Naked Palette which I do love but the pigmentation and texture and lasting power of these shades is incredible. While it doesn't look like the palette has a huge variety, you will be amazed to see how many different looks you can create. I am considering buying another palette as backup....that is how much I love this thing. I literally gravitate to this palette 95% of the time. The colors blend beautifully and there are enough outer v dark colors to create extremely dramatic looks. The packaging is the best I have seen. Sleek and sturdy and maintains clean. The best, the best by far!!!!! Can't wait to see Laura's next Christmas palette. This one is fantastic. You won't regret your purchase. Also, some of the shades look a slightly different shade when applied, it's as if the shades look even more beautiful when you put them on. The shades give enough of a contrast but are beautiful for everyday wear or evening looks. Gorgeous shades!!!!! Can you tell I love this palette!!!!!

Wow! I absolutely love this palette. I am very fair, light grey eyes and light brown hair and am considered a 'soft summer' in the seasonal palette world. I have a hard time finding shadow colours that are vibrant, yet greyed down enough, but this palette does it. EVERY colour in here is wearable for me, and one of the browns even works for an eyebrow colour. Yes, its expensive, but SO worth every penny. If I ever run out, I will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Only would buy this if I have to because I don't pack on too much colours so I doubt I will finish all the colours in the next few years.

I must admit I normally buy single shadows as I like to choose my own colours but I really need more browns (without reds) that I can work with.

Been contemplating Nars Bali but I love LM (own a lot of light singles) eyeshadow. I was going for UD Naked or Naked2 but I find the colours less velvety in Sephora.

The lower row is filled with matte. Yay!

So I bought this and I must say, I am loving it for now. The colours are great for palette and building day to night makeup.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I own both naked 1 and 2, but wanted something with more matte options and that I could travel with. The African violet really appealed to me so I decided I'd give it a shot. When i received it i immediately fell in love with the packaging. Unfortunately half the shades didn't even show up on me, no matter how much color I packed on. Ended up returning it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Laura Mercier is a brand that I've cherry-picked some strategic items from: powder, concealer etc. In Sephora I was hemming between this and the Tarte Holiday. Went with the more "prestige" name.I wanted to love this so much, that the first few times I used it I was convinced I was doing something wrong. On me, the colors look muddy and don't blend all that well. It's not that it's terrible, it just really didn't live up to my expectations. REally a disappointment.

I like this. I was eyeing the naked2 for a year, but could't bring myself to buy that because I know I might not use that often. I bought this in a heartbeat~! I can see myself use it all the time and anytime. Nothing is too shimmery or metalic, just the right amount of sheen, I am glad since I feel like I don't use those high-shine metalic anyway. Mattes in this palette are so easy to blend. This palette is easy to work with, and can be wear in a lot of ways, both fun and classy. I heart this.

I really love this palette. One of my makeup muses is Nigella Lawson and this makes it easy to achieve an natural looking, sophisticated eye like the one she often sports. My 2nd favorite palette and it certainly gives UD naked a run for its money.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this palette. LM palettes are hit-or-miss but this one is fabulous. Pigmented, smooth, soft without being too powdery, hardly any fallout at all either dry or wet. The darker colors make terrific liners used wet. I'm NC20 and these colors are perfect for me. The browns make excellent brow powders (light, medium and very dark brown all without red undertones). There's enough variety to do several different looks from basic wash to smokey. Love this all in one palette. Great value for 12 shadows and the palette is small and slim, very portable.