November 24, 2014 | 1760 users online

Palettes - Laura Mercier - Artist's Palette For Eyes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by stillhot

Laura Mercier is a brand that I've cherry-picked some strategic items from: powder, concealer etc. In Sephora I was hemming between this and the Tarte Holiday. Went with the more "prestige" name.I wanted to love this so much, that the first few times I used it I was convinced I was doing something wrong. On me, the colors look muddy and don't blend all that well. It's not that it's terrible, it just really didn't live up to my expectations. REally a disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by hyacinth289

I like this. I was eyeing the naked2 for a year, but could't bring myself to buy that because I know I might not use that often. I bought this in a heartbeat~! I can see myself use it all the time and anytime. Nothing is too shimmery or metalic, just the right amount of sheen, I am glad since I feel like I don't use those high-shine metalic anyway. Mattes in this palette are so easy to blend. This palette is easy to work with, and can be wear in a lot of ways, both fun and classy. I heart this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by swertyqwerty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this palette. One of my makeup muses is Nigella Lawson and this makes it easy to achieve an natural looking, sophisticated eye like the one she often sports. My 2nd favorite palette and it certainly gives UD naked a run for its money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by gizmorules

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this palette. LM palettes are hit-or-miss but this one is fabulous. Pigmented, smooth, soft without being too powdery, hardly any fallout at all either dry or wet. The darker colors make terrific liners used wet. I'm NC20 and these colors are perfect for me. The browns make excellent brow powders (light, medium and very dark brown all without red undertones). There's enough variety to do several different looks from basic wash to smokey. Love this all in one palette. Great value for 12 shadows and the palette is small and slim, very portable.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Katrin82

These colors on this palette are beautiful in the palette, but didn't work for me on my eyelids. The shimmery colors looked a lot different on my skin than they do in the boxx and I think that this palette gave me an allergic reaction.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Stellababe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wanted to love. Colors are gorgeous. African Violet in particular...absolutely beautiful, unique color. The packaging
is great - just the right size to travel with, etc. but...the shadows don't go on evenly -- too much build-up in spots, and not buttery smooth as I'd hoped (of course they felt that way in the store). I'd hoped that Vanilla Nuts would be my new base shadow, and instead, find that my good old $2.99 WnW "Creme Brulee" is just as good. I find it really hard to pay LM prices on product that just doesn't deliver, at least IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by YourMomsWoodenSpoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently purchased this palette along with the LORAC PRO Palette. I think that if I had purchased it on it’s own, I would given a higher rating. But after working with the PRO Palette, this palette really underwhelmed me.

PROS: the colors of the shadows when viewed in the palette are beautiful, the size of the palette is perfect to fit in my “travel makeup bag” & the mirror is rather large, the size of the shadows appear rather large as well. I guess when compared with the size of the shadows in the PRO palette, there is definitely more product per pan, with .03 oz, vs. the PRO Palette at .02 oz. However, there are only 12 shadows (6 matte and 6 shimmer – and only one matte that seems like a good light base color. There are 8 matte and 8 shimmer in the PRO Palette, and there are 4-5 shadows that would be a good base color.) vs. the 16 in the PRO Palette. I think I kind of digressed into the CON side there for a moment. Whoops.

CONS: Texture of the shadows seems a bit chalky and they don’t blend easily on me. It could be the primer I am using (MAC Painterly paint pot – maybe it hadn’t dried fully before I applied my shadow?) But even when I am picking the shadow up with my brush, it seems like I really have to press hard on shadow for the product to actually pick up. Then when I apply it, there is barely any payoff, or if there is, it all clumped into one area of my eye. Also, the packaging of the palette seems a little…cheap? I don’t know if that’s the word I am looking for. Maybe dated? And it seems like the “snakeskin” is easily scratched off to reveal light colored areas, which ends up making the whole thing look cheap!

I really wanted to love this. I am still having a hard time returning it, just because every time I open the palette I am surprised by how lovely these shades are. I thought I would *meh* the PRO palette and love this one, but sadly it’s the other way around.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by teaelleyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just have to throw in another rave review here. Pigmented, buttery & smooth w/o being too dusty or causing too much fall out. LOVE LOVE the entire row of mattes that aren't chalky (I think all the mattes in particular make this palette perfect for traveling since you can also use it for your brows). The row of shimmery shades are beautiful & sheen-y not OOT or glittery. My fave color (and fine I admit, one of the reasons I bought it!) is the African Violet - a very unique mid tone lavender w/ gold shimmer shot through it, it is GORGEOUS on & surprisingly looks pretty warm on my lid (NW35 for your reference).

I can't stress how much I love this palette, the quality is good, the colors very complementary, a GREAT set of neutrals...far superior to any of my other palettes (yes even the Naked Palette!) and I highly recommend it. Other pluses: nice big mirror, decently compact, love the slightly cushioned (but not bulky) packaging that makes it easy to grip. Go grab it while the 20% off VIB is still going on!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by modelsoup202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So I have the Naked palette which I love, but I have been contemplating on whether or not I should get the Naked 2. I wanted a palette with more variety of smokey not just neutral shadows. Swatched the Naked 2, but I found it a little too shimmery, and I did not like that there matte shades were the white and black. Saw this palette, and immediately fell in love. I love that this palette has a wide arrange of matte and shimmers. Also, I think the mattes are AMAZING in this palette. The shimmers are great too, but the mattes stand out. I'm so happy with this purchase. Get this palette now because it is limited edition!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by flammab1e

I just received this palette as a gift and already know it's going to be a longtime favorite. These are my first LM shadows and I'm very impressed. It looks similar to the Naked palettes, but stands out on application. It has color payoff, I love the texture of the mattes and the shimmers are age appropriate.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No