Laura Mercier Artist's Palette For Eyes

4.4

on 1/30/2013 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wow! I absolutely love this palette. I am very fair, light grey eyes and light brown hair and am considered a 'soft summer' in the seasonal palette world. I have a hard time finding shadow colours that are vibrant, yet greyed down enough, but this palette does it. EVERY colour in here is wearable for me, and one of the browns even works for an eyebrow colour. Yes, its expensive, but SO worth every penny. If I ever run out, I will repurchase.

on 1/23/2013 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Only would buy this if I have to because I don't pack on too much colours so I doubt I will finish all the colours in the next few years.

I must admit I normally buy single shadows as I like to choose my own colours but I really need more browns (without reds) that I can work with.

Been contemplating Nars Bali but I love LM (own a lot of light singles) eyeshadow. I was going for UD Naked or Naked2 but I find the colours less velvety in Sephora.

The lower row is filled with matte. Yay!

So I bought this and I must say, I am loving it for now. The colours are great for palette and building day to night makeup.

on 1/5/2013 2:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I own both naked 1 and 2, but wanted something with more matte options and that I could travel with. The African violet really appealed to me so I decided I'd give it a shot. When i received it i immediately fell in love with the packaging. Unfortunately half the shades didn't even show up on me, no matter how much color I packed on. Ended up returning it.

on 12/18/2012 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Laura Mercier is a brand that I've cherry-picked some strategic items from: powder, concealer etc. In Sephora I was hemming between this and the Tarte Holiday. Went with the more "prestige" name.I wanted to love this so much, that the first few times I used it I was convinced I was doing something wrong. On me, the colors look muddy and don't blend all that well. It's not that it's terrible, it just really didn't live up to my expectations. REally a disappointment.

on 12/14/2012 4:33:00 PM

I like this. I was eyeing the naked2 for a year, but could't bring myself to buy that because I know I might not use that often. I bought this in a heartbeat~! I can see myself use it all the time and anytime. Nothing is too shimmery or metalic, just the right amount of sheen, I am glad since I feel like I don't use those high-shine metalic anyway. Mattes in this palette are so easy to blend. This palette is easy to work with, and can be wear in a lot of ways, both fun and classy. I heart this.

on 12/12/2012 10:15:00 PM

I really love this palette. One of my makeup muses is Nigella Lawson and this makes it easy to achieve an natural looking, sophisticated eye like the one she often sports. My 2nd favorite palette and it certainly gives UD naked a run for its money.

on 12/9/2012 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this palette. LM palettes are hit-or-miss but this one is fabulous. Pigmented, smooth, soft without being too powdery, hardly any fallout at all either dry or wet. The darker colors make terrific liners used wet. I'm NC20 and these colors are perfect for me. The browns make excellent brow powders (light, medium and very dark brown all without red undertones). There's enough variety to do several different looks from basic wash to smokey. Love this all in one palette. Great value for 12 shadows and the palette is small and slim, very portable.

on 11/29/2012 4:08:00 PM

These colors on this palette are beautiful in the palette, but didn't work for me on my eyelids. The shimmery colors looked a lot different on my skin than they do in the boxx and I think that this palette gave me an allergic reaction.

on 11/14/2012 10:53:00 AM

Wanted to love. Colors are gorgeous. African Violet in particular...absolutely beautiful, unique color. The packaging
is great - just the right size to travel with, etc. but...the shadows don't go on evenly -- too much build-up in spots, and not buttery smooth as I'd hoped (of course they felt that way in the store). I'd hoped that Vanilla Nuts would be my new base shadow, and instead, find that my good old $2.99 WnW "Creme Brulee" is just as good. I find it really hard to pay LM prices on product that just doesn't deliver, at least IMO.

I recently purchased this palette along with the LORAC PRO Palette. I think that if I had purchased it on it’s own, I would given a higher rating. But after working with the PRO Palette, this palette really underwhelmed me.

PROS: the colors of the shadows when viewed in the palette are beautiful, the size of the palette is perfect to fit in my “travel makeup bag” & the mirror is rather large, the size of the shadows appear rather large as well. I guess when compared with the size of the shadows in the PRO palette, there is definitely more product per pan, with .03 oz, vs. the PRO Palette at .02 oz. However, there are only 12 shadows (6 matte and 6 shimmer – and only one matte that seems like a good light base color. There are 8 matte and 8 shimmer in the PRO Palette, and there are 4-5 shadows that would be a good base color.) vs. the 16 in the PRO Palette. I think I kind of digressed into the CON side there for a moment. Whoops.

CONS: Texture of the shadows seems a bit chalky and they don’t blend easily on me. It could be the primer I am using (MAC Painterly paint pot – maybe it hadn’t dried fully before I applied my shadow?) But even when I am picking the shadow up with my brush, it seems like I really have to press hard on shadow for the product to actually pick up. Then when I apply it, there is barely any payoff, or if there is, it all clumped into one area of my eye. Also, the packaging of the palette seems a little…cheap? I don’t know if that’s the word I am looking for. Maybe dated? And it seems like the “snakeskin” is easily scratched off to reveal light colored areas, which ends up making the whole thing look cheap!

I really wanted to love this. I am still having a hard time returning it, just because every time I open the palette I am surprised by how lovely these shades are. I thought I would *meh* the PRO palette and love this one, but sadly it’s the other way around.

Popular Palettes