November 23, 2014 | 1258 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Trader Joe's - Coconut Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It smells like coconut and funfetti cake. It's very rich and hydrating. A little goes a long way! I love that the company doesn't test on animals and the price is excellent for the amount you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by sheff803

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am absolutely obsessed with this body butter! I was at Trader Joe's and decided to buy this on whim and I am so glad that I did! It absorbs quickly into the skin; however, it leaves your skin feeling so soft and supple. Also, did I mention that the smell is amazing! This lotion smells like a coconut, vanilla cupcake. I love the smell of coconut and this lotion is no exception. As for the texture, the body butter reminds me of a whipped consistency. I love how the lotion feels when applying it! This lotion is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So good! Smells great, no greasy feeling after use, and truly softens my skin. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by ponc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a thing for the smell of coconut. Needless to say I love the scent. I also like the creaminess. I use it at work to keep myself from getting paper cuts. It moisturizes well. But I can't give it full score because it sits on skin surface and it gets wash away even without hand soap. The ingredient list is long and not everything on it is natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by NancyDrew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely ADORE this product. The smell is incredible. Does it smell like pure coconut? No. My husband loves it because he says I smell like a day at the beach. That's a pretty apt description. It's something between Hawaiian Tropic and a Pina Colada- in the BEST possible way. The smell is light enough that I use it on my hands at work.

The lotion itself is amazing. It's thick, rich, and super-moisturizing and yet not greasy. It absorbs in beautifully.

This is a really, really great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Devildog4025

This review is for the Trader Joe's brand of body butter, but in the seasonal Pumpkin scent.

OMG how amazing is this stuff! Aside from the smell, the product itself is incredible. It is infused with coconut oil, which is a quick absorbing oil that is well knows for serious moisturization. I don't feel like the smell lingers too long, but I can say that it absorbs lightning fast and offers SERIOUS moisture without leaving so much as a hint of greasiness. I haven't tried the coconut one, but I I can tell it will soon be one of my favorites.

BTW- if you do pick up the Pumpkin one, rest assured that it is the PERFECT pumpkin scent. It is SOOOO yummy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by luvdimples

I've tried endless body lotions/creams from high end to drug stores. Before I found this product, I used Korres body butter(Guava) which I've loved and repurchased for couple of years. However, I haven't looked back since I found this product! I'm already on my 4th tub and have two more backup "in- stock". LOL That's how much I love this product.
Pro:
1) Value - incredible value. 8 oz tub for $4.99
2) very moisturizing without the heavy, greasy/oily feeling. You can use a lot, or little as you need. I use it all year round. This got rid of those little bumps you get behind the arms especially in the winter months. yes, you know what I'm talking about... ;)
3) Texture - consistency of thick mousse. aborbs quickly with natural finish. not glossy 4) 4) Scent - Smells yummy. It doesn't smell fake, not overly vanilla/sweet. Note: Some ppl may not fully appreciate scent of coconut, but it does dissipate. I love that it doesn't compete with perfume/body spray.
One last note about packaging. It's a HUGE tub! couple of things to keep in mind are:
1) you have to dig in with your fingers. Not a big deal if your routine is after shower.
2) not very travel friendly. You can transfer some to an empty smaller moisturizer tub from somewhere else, or just buy travel-friendly containers. I wish they make smaller size available in a tube for travel version.
Overall rating: 4.5 out of 5. got my friends hooked on it, too! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love body butters, but hate how they always leave such a greasy film. This one is completely different - rich and moisturizing, but it soaks in so well. And the SMELL - it makes me smell like a coconut marshmallow. I can't be the only one tempted to eat it. haha. It just looks like heavenly vanilla frosting in the tub. The package design is great since it has a flip-top lid instead of a screw top. Why can't they all be like that? Oh, and the price? I could buy four of these babies for what one costs elsewhere. I am definitely going to stock up!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I just wish I lived closer to a Trader Joe's. I think what makes some people not like the smell is due to the citrus' added to it. Grapefruit, Orange, Lemongrass, Lemon peel. I can see how some people might think it smells rather rancid, but I like it. I barely noticed it at all until I read some negative reviews on here. It's definitely not a pure coconut smell. I plan on repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this stuff. This product debuted at TJ's a month or so ago, so of coarse I had to try it. I am just getting into body butters but this is one of the best I've tried. The texture is just so creamy and rich. The scent is not a classic coconut scent, it's more coconut-cinnamony. The label says it has coconut oil, shea butter and vitamin E in it. I believe it because this makes the roughest skin velvety smooth. I love the packaging too, the flip top is very convenient and the vintage 70's design is adorable. I think this a really great value for the price - $5 for 8 oz. is not bad at all considering most decent body butters are $20+. I will definitely be repurchasing this and can see it getting even more use in the winter time.