April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Trader Joe's - Coconut Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by NancyDrew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely ADORE this product. The smell is incredible. Does it smell like pure coconut? No. My husband loves it because he says I smell like a day at the beach. That's a pretty apt description. It's something between Hawaiian Tropic and a Pina Colada- in the BEST possible way. The smell is light enough that I use it on my hands at work.

The lotion itself is amazing. It's thick, rich, and super-moisturizing and yet not greasy. It absorbs in beautifully.

This is a really, really great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Devildog4025

This review is for the Trader Joe's brand of body butter, but in the seasonal Pumpkin scent.

OMG how amazing is this stuff! Aside from the smell, the product itself is incredible. It is infused with coconut oil, which is a quick absorbing oil that is well knows for serious moisturization. I don't feel like the smell lingers too long, but I can say that it absorbs lightning fast and offers SERIOUS moisture without leaving so much as a hint of greasiness. I haven't tried the coconut one, but I I can tell it will soon be one of my favorites.

BTW- if you do pick up the Pumpkin one, rest assured that it is the PERFECT pumpkin scent. It is SOOOO yummy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by luvdimples

I've tried endless body lotions/creams from high end to drug stores. Before I found this product, I used Korres body butter(Guava) which I've loved and repurchased for couple of years. However, I haven't looked back since I found this product! I'm already on my 4th tub and have two more backup "in- stock". LOL That's how much I love this product.
Pro:
1) Value - incredible value. 8 oz tub for $4.99
2) very moisturizing without the heavy, greasy/oily feeling. You can use a lot, or little as you need. I use it all year round. This got rid of those little bumps you get behind the arms especially in the winter months. yes, you know what I'm talking about... ;)
3) Texture - consistency of thick mousse. aborbs quickly with natural finish. not glossy 4) 4) Scent - Smells yummy. It doesn't smell fake, not overly vanilla/sweet. Note: Some ppl may not fully appreciate scent of coconut, but it does dissipate. I love that it doesn't compete with perfume/body spray.
One last note about packaging. It's a HUGE tub! couple of things to keep in mind are:
1) you have to dig in with your fingers. Not a big deal if your routine is after shower.
2) not very travel friendly. You can transfer some to an empty smaller moisturizer tub from somewhere else, or just buy travel-friendly containers. I wish they make smaller size available in a tube for travel version.
Overall rating: 4.5 out of 5. got my friends hooked on it, too! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love body butters, but hate how they always leave such a greasy film. This one is completely different - rich and moisturizing, but it soaks in so well. And the SMELL - it makes me smell like a coconut marshmallow. I can't be the only one tempted to eat it. haha. It just looks like heavenly vanilla frosting in the tub. The package design is great since it has a flip-top lid instead of a screw top. Why can't they all be like that? Oh, and the price? I could buy four of these babies for what one costs elsewhere. I am definitely going to stock up!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I just wish I lived closer to a Trader Joe's. I think what makes some people not like the smell is due to the citrus' added to it. Grapefruit, Orange, Lemongrass, Lemon peel. I can see how some people might think it smells rather rancid, but I like it. I barely noticed it at all until I read some negative reviews on here. It's definitely not a pure coconut smell. I plan on repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this stuff. This product debuted at TJ's a month or so ago, so of coarse I had to try it. I am just getting into body butters but this is one of the best I've tried. The texture is just so creamy and rich. The scent is not a classic coconut scent, it's more coconut-cinnamony. The label says it has coconut oil, shea butter and vitamin E in it. I believe it because this makes the roughest skin velvety smooth. I love the packaging too, the flip top is very convenient and the vintage 70's design is adorable. I think this a really great value for the price - $5 for 8 oz. is not bad at all considering most decent body butters are $20+. I will definitely be repurchasing this and can see it getting even more use in the winter time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thick, rich, deeply penetrating and oh so delicious smelling!! This doesn't say it's natural, but it's mostly so; based on the ingredients and NO parabens which is important to me.
I love this body butter so much I keep it on my night table and apply liberally before bed, on my arms, legs, and hands. It's delicious smelling --- which is important to me as well. It's not overly coconutty -- as in synthetic coconut -- it's got a sweet, vanilla coconut cookie scent to it that's super long lasting. Delicious! BTW at about $5 an 8oz. tub, it's a deal!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Hotflashes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have drunk the Koolaid. Or whatever Koolaid would be called if TJ's sold it. There is nothing not to love about this. It's cheap, it smells gorgeous (a *very* sweet coconut for sure, not usually my thing but it works) and it's got nothing but great sh!t in it. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Flippinsushi

This stuff is wonderful. I have very calloused feet that I do nothing to remedy because I don't care, but my cousin told me she lathers her feet with this stuff then sleeps with socks on overnight and it completely fixes her feet, so out of sheer curiosity I tried it out. Holy crap. My feet frankly looked gorgeous. I've actually been moisturizing like crazy since, if only because this stuff works so well I just can't help it. Never gets greasy, smells great, and stupid cheap. <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

I love this body butter! It smells heavenly, like coconut vanilla frosting. It moisturizes really well and soaks in quite fast so it is no greasy despite the fact that it is a body butter- I even got my boyfriend hooked on it. I will randomly smell this on him and then notice that he opened up the tub and used some! So adorable.
The packaging is super convenient, I hate getting traditional body butter tubs all greasy just trying to twist the top back on! My only gripe is that somehow the lid doesn't completely close sometimes- not a problem for the perfomance of the product and the price though so I highly recommend it. Also it's cruelty free :D