Chanel Hydra Beauty Creme

3.4

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Pentylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, PEG-40 Stearate, Camellia Kissi Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Camellia Japonica Flower Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Phenoxyethanol, Saccharide Isomerate, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-2, Dimethicone, Parfum (Fragrance), Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Carbomer, Lauroyl Lysine, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Citrate, Phytic Acid, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ethylparaben, Sodium Benzoate.

on 7/8/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried many mosturisers and unfortunately my favourite (by Clinique) was discontinued. This one is more expensive than the Clinique but the results are just as good. The texture is light and non-greasy. I used it often under a BB cream and it created a good basis for it, softening without being too greasy

Unfortunately, by the time I got through 2/3 of the pot, I started to get fed up with the scent, even if I used to like it Of course, if you dislike strong scents that is a huge minus point, regardless of the product quality. Would recommend for dry, dehydrated skin, but in the meantime, I found better products at lower prices.

on 7/3/2013 11:36:00 AM

Very sad buy this hydrating set!!its really maked my skin no good,,,

on 6/4/2013 6:36:00 PM

I work at a beauty counter and have tried many face creams and I really have to say that this is the best so far. I have a combination skin which throughout the day can feel uncomfortable in the t-zone but not really oily. This moisturizer is good in my opinion because it does exactly what it claims: deeply moisturize, protect and illuminate. I use mine as a night cream however it can be used both day and night. After using this cream I can see and feel how well my face is hydrated, it's very plump. I get an amazingly even skin tone after using it and it illuminates my skin very nicely which makes it look very fresh and eliminates any sign of tiredness and dull skin. This is perfect for thirsty skin and to those persons that want to really prevent their early signs of aging as this cream contains a strong antioxidant (blue ginger) and camellia which deeply hydrates and hence prevents early signs of aging. A definite must have in your 20's. TRUE LOVE

on 5/6/2013 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I don't know why people rave about this.... It didn't work for me... It's just a strongly scented moisturizer which feels just a bit heavy without moisturizing my skin properly.. Plus it is quite expensive.... I will not repurchase

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The following review is for CHANEL HYDRA BEAUTY SERUM, and I don't know how to move this review to correct product.

Thanks Chanel has this serum, it is not too thicker to cause more visitable forehead wrinkle, and not make laughing wrinkle more visitable,
My new hydra moisture is already thicker enough, so my face can not afford anymore ticker skin care if I don't want have more visitable fine small temporally wrinkle on my forehead and laughing wrinkle.

Here is my story, I start having dry dry dry skin since couple years ago, not just because I turn to 50, I also moved to extreme cold and long winter state at 6 years ago. This long and cold winter, heater dry up my skin even more, I must say worst than air conditioner. My skin face the biggest challenge that i never had when I were in Texas for 20+ years, not even when I were in dry state, Colorado for 6 years. Finally, I my long time (20 years) favor La Prairie no longer works on my sensitive face, maybe only its eye cream can still work on my dry skin, but plan to get a new one.

I only have few obvious wrinkle, most fine wrinkles are caused by dry skin. Thanks La Prairie SA helps me to realized what kind moisture that I need, not these lift-up or wrinkle fix skin care.

I did not have chances to try all high end brands, not only because there is no Nordstorm and other high end departments stores near where I live, also because I have sensitive skin. So, I start on the brands that I used to use since I were in college, they are popular brands in any departments stores.

I am very happy this serum and Chanel HYDRAMAX + ACTIVE NUTRITION NOURISHING CREAM FOR DRY SKIN. These 2 products finally turn my skin back to when I was using La Prairie. Only after a week, they removed all my forehead fine wrinkles which caused by dry. Still have few deep wrinkles, but I am happy, because I try several wrinkle fix creams, even add extra oil on my face, most of them all too dry to me, and even make more fine wrinklessssss.

Now, I need SPF 15 (not high SPF 50 as Chanel has) during short summer and warmer weather. I have not try these 2 combination with foundation, don't know if will be too heavy for me, and if cause these temporally forehead and laugh wrinkle more visitable, or if even stay on my makeup.

The only down side of these 2 products are fragrance is too heavy for me, but they are lovely smell as Chanel's famous perfume, so I will make myself get used to, since they makes my skin so beautiful.

on 2/1/2013 1:52:00 PM

This contains more fragrance than proven antiaging ingredients and the price is ludicrous.I don't mind paying for quality .... but this isn't. It's just a basic overpriced over fragranced moisturiser packed unhygienically in a jar. Whether you like the fragrance or not is irrellevant, it's damaging to skin. Fragrance is not skin care.Jar packaging also means antioxidants in this will not remain stable during use, which is a shame because it does contain antioxidants. I'm going back to my cerave moisturiser at a FRACTION of the price, which is more beneficial to skin than this nonsense.This is another classic example of how expensive isn't always best. I used to think if I paid a lot for a product it HAD to be good. How wrong was I. There's so much better at the drug store.

on 2/1/2013 11:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If Chanel is in your budget then I would really try this. It is a lovely creme that has helped my skin a lot this winter. My skin is very sensitive and dry and I had no problems with this at all. Because of how thick it is I only wear this at night. I did try a few times to wear under foundation, but it just didn't work well. I'm glad I splurged on this.

on 1/30/2013 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A decent moisturiser, but no more or less special than a decent drug store product. The smell was quite powerful (I liked it, but I can imagine how others wouldn't). I bought the whole Hydra Beauty range in a moment of madness after having used normal Nivea creme, and soap and water for far too long. After a few months of use my skin still looked just ok. For that price, I was hoping for better results

on 12/29/2012 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Since my beloved Olay sensitive was discontinued 4 years ago (and going off the pill at the same time!), I have been looking for a moisturizer that would provide me with the same benefits; great moisturization, evening out my skin tone, prevented dehydration lines, not caused irritation, whiteheads, blackheads, or pimples. Goodness have I tried all the creams....Clarins (multi active), Vichy (liftactiv), Clinique (moisture surge), Lancome (many, many), Biotherm (Aquasource...loved texture and scent but caused milia), La Mer, Aveeno (ultra calming), Estee Lauder, Avene, new Olay reformulations, Lise Watier, Ahava, Phytomer, Kinerase (which I loved but eventually stopped working), Kielh's (ultra lotion...made my skin very dull!)...and maybe others I cannot recall right now. To be fair, some were not bad, such as Aveeno, but it did not do anything for my skin texture, La Mer was nice but i believe I was applying too much.
All this to say...I don't even know how I stumbled onto this creme but I am so happy and grateful I did. I first got a sample, which is the only way I shop now. As you can see from the above, I have given away many many creams. The texture of Hydra Beauty is very luxurious, and having been used to Olay for so many years, I really do appreciate this. The scent is very lovely, like peaches and flowers. You really do not need very much at all because it is so luxurious and spreads so easily. So what else is unique and beautiful about this cream? It hydrates exquisitely, My makeup (EL Double Wear Light) goes on flawlessly, It does not cause any irritation, pimples, etc, my dehydration lines are gone, dry patches gone. The milia caused by Aqausource evaporated after 2 days of use. And my skin has a glow. My skin tone has somehoow evened out but not enough for my liking.
I did not give this product 5 stars because:
a) It has not completely evened out my skin tone
b) my skin is not as dewy as I would like

I have also used this as an eye cream and it is better than any eye cream I have ever tried! It lightened and brightened and hydrated my eyes like never before.
It is the closest creme I have come across to being perfect in the past 4 years after much trial and error.
I have to mention that it is the dead of winter and i am pregnant, so it is possible that this is also affecting my results. However, the creme has done amazing wonders for me since my skin reacted from my change in hormones.
The last thing I want to add is that, with this creme, it takes days, weeks, months to see improvement, but the improvement is real and it is soooo worth it.
Enjoy!

on 12/20/2012 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a huge Chanel fan and may be a little bias but I will try my best to be fair!
I use this product and I do actually have a true oily skin however I get a fair bit of dry flaky skin around my nose which seems to be pretty common, I am only 18 so it may still be a bit of teen acne prone skin, either way I decided to purchase this product just for that dry area of my skin to clear it up and it really did work! The dry flaky patches went away and now it does have a slightly different texture to the rest of my skin still but it's definitely clearing up.
After noticing how great this product was around my nose I decided to start using it all over my face even though I didn't feel I needed more hydration given that I had oily skin but from the first use I am in love! My skin is plumped and smooth, and it has actually amazingly, controlled my oil slightly! I think maybe my skin was actually dehydrated and pumped out the oil to compensate. A lot of people get dry and dehydrated skin confused like I had until I realised from using this product.
My skin is still oily as it is oily skin but it's now a bearable slight oil that I can pass off with "dewy" skin when I have foundation and powder off unlike before
I'm very impressed with the results of this product in regard to helping with my dry flaky skin and my oil (weird how one product did two opposite things but hey...)

The packaging and scent is lovely too and even though it is pricy it is definitely worth it and come on, it is Chanel after all..

Popular Moisturizers