April 19, 2014 | 1608 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Luminous Clean Cream Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted a cleanser that would help me remove my leftover makeup from oil cleansing. I used st Ives apricot scrub but hearing how bad it's for your skin, I wanted another alternative. This product is pretty good! It's a cream cleanser that smells kind of like febreeZe? It has a really fresh scent. Product has a pearly creamy sheen to it. I use about a pea size amount for my whole face. I haven't experienced dry skin, clogged pores or breakouts yet. Definitely would repurchase! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by xoxpinkxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I recently moved and needed an affordable but decent cleanser. I saw this cleanser with rave reviews online and decided to try it out. I was also lucky enough to grab one of the last few left at target. This was very affordable, only costing around 3$! That's a huge plus! When I first used this, I was taken back at how pretty and girlie the cream looks. I have used this cleanser for a month now and what I've noticed is that it's too drying for me and I normally have oily skin. Even when I use the most moisturizing moisturizer that I have, I would still get a few dry patches. And it's summer and hot here, so you would think it'd have the opposite effect. The only thing I'm thankful for is that this did not break me out like a lot of other cleansers do. It does a decent job cleaning your face and that's all I need until I can find a better one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I too hate to be a wet blanket about this, but it didn't really work for me! I was running low on my Clinique Take the Day Off cleansing balm, which I use to take off makeup, and my follow-up cleanser, Burt's Bee Radiant cleanser, and wanted to find something cheaper and which could take care of both of those steps at once, I guess to streamline my routine/save money. Thankfully, this was pretty cheap and it definitely took off my makeup very easily and didn't cause irritation, BUT it dried out my skin so much! I have skin that is dry-combo and sensitive so this was too stripping, for sure. So I'd say skip this unless you have more resilient or more oily skin, then it would probably work like a dream!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I hate to be the wrecking ball, but I don't like this cleanser at all. It stings my eyes a little when I use it to remove my makeup, (I first take off my eye makeup with grapseed oil, then wash it off with cleanser) and it doesn't remove it all that well. I did use this with my clarisonic for the first few times and then after without the clarisonic. It's just meh. No luminous brightness or "glow" everyone speaks of. Smells nice enough, thought it would be a little thicker and not pearly but pasty like clay, kind of like Neutrogena clear pore cleanser/mask. I think it also leaves a residue and I can feel it on my forehead unless I use it with my clarisonic. I am going to stick to my pretty much HG cleanser, Orjene Organics foaming face wash. That stuff is gentle enough for my eyes and gets my skin squeaky clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by toofaced1112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I know you shouldn't write reviews until a significant amount of time has passed-but I had to tell someone. I'm adapting a new skincare regimen, as I learned the essentials while getting my cosmetology license. I've been faithful with my Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser for a year or more, and I thought it was doing an okay job. I was looking for a new cleanser, and after reading mostly rave reviews on this one, I picked it up tonight. Firstly, I remove my makeup with cold cream and makeup remover cloths, just because I like to use the cleanser on my semi-bare skin, to cleanse and remove the leftovers; it's less messy that way. When I squeezed this out onto my hand, I was taken aback at how pretty it was! It has a pearly sheen to it, my favorite. When I started cleansing my face, I could feel it working! Like, my pores were being resuscitated or something. The promise to give you 'luminous' skin is true as well..My face is glowing, naturally, not in an obnoxiously shiny way, and I feel like my face is breathing,. I will, of course, update if I see any negatives from this product but after one use, I love it. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate to be the downer, but I am very clog prone and I think this breaks me out in whiteheads. I'm not sure which ingredients it is, but my skin doesn't love this. I had quit using it for a while and then started using it again recently and got whiteheads on my cheeks where I don't usually break out. it's POSSIBLE it's not from this, but I think it contributed cuz I thought so before and had quit using it and went back to it. plus it has some not so good ingredients that I usually avoid so I'm sticking with my whole foods cleansers like Grandpa's acne soap. but it's too drying on my cheeks but good for my T zone,so I was trying to use something else for them. the search continues.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Bought this based on the glowing reviews, this is a pretty great foaming cleanser. I regularly use Clinique's Rinse-Off Foaming or Algenist's Gentle Rejuvenating cleansers, but they are both $$$ and I wanted a cheaper alternative.
I was impressed because this cleanses really well, mascara and all. Rinses off nicely. Love the texture & how easily it lathers up. There is a bit of a floral, rose-y fragrance but it doesn't bother me. Leaves my skin clean and bright but- it is a tad drying, otherwise I'd give it 5 lippies.
While it's not the absolute best foaming cleanser I've found, it's good value for the price and I plan to buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by fatttoad909

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this cleanser. I use it every morning to remove the oilies from my night routine. It is not too drying and and love the light fragrance. I don't feel like it is overdrying, leaves the face feeling clean and not tight. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

How in the world did I pass this by for so long? I'm not exaggerating when I say this, but this is the best foaming cleanser I have EVER used. Like many women here, I have tried tons of products ranging from the cheapest of the cheap to the most expensive. This cleanser blows them all out of the water.

This is the first foaming cleanser that cleans thoroughly, yet doesn't leave my skin feeling dehydrated. There was absolutely no tight, uncomfortable feeling after washing. My skin felt really soft and hydrated before I even put on my moisturizer. It is scented, but I like it. I don't usually like scented face care, but this gets a pass because it's so awesome. It has the most decadent texture, like silk gliding across the skin. It feels so good, I don't want to rinse it off!

I usually grow tired of products and buy new stuff to try. With this one, however, I use every drop then happily buy another bottle. This is my staple foaming cleanser and I hope they never discontinue it. I recommend this to everyone! I also use and love Ponds cold cream, Clarant B3 moisturizer, Original Towelettes, and Rejuveness cream. Every single product works well.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is advertised for dry skin but really, it is more suitable for normal/oily skin as the clay does aid in absorbing oil. I initially saw this product on beautypedia, and Paula recs it for combo/oily skin, so I decided to give it a try.

I liked the Pond's Cucumber Cold Cream to help remove makeup but was not a fan of digging my hands into the jar, this is a much more convenient/sanitary alternative.

Excellent in removing makeup, sunscreen, and eye makeup (I don't use waterproof mascara though) without making skin tight or leaving an oily/filmy cast like a lot of cream cleansers do. In my teen years, I tried those cream cleansers from Neutorgena and Clean and Clear, and while they were oil-free some felt greasy and they still had irritating ingredients like menthol that are actually bad for your skin.

It does have a tiny amount of fragrance but so far, it has not caused any irritation or breakouts. I REALLY enjoy cream cleansers and I wish more were made unscented and oil-free. This comes close to being perfect and it's a great price. .