November 25, 2014 | 1736 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Luminous Clean Cream Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I absolutely love this product! It has kept my skin clean and pimple free for awhile now. I started using this instead of CeraVe because this actually gets my makeup off without drying me out and/or leaving an icky residue behind. Highly recommend!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by tinatac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser had always been my go-to for a makeup removing cleanser. However, as a broke nursing student, I can't handle the 19.50 price tag. I came upon this cleanser for around $4 to try as an alternative. I have been using it for a few months now and it works just as well as the Clinique. It takes off all my makeup and my skin has not had any adverse reactions to it. I have extremely oily skin so this hasn't been drying for me. I don't think you can beat this product for the price!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I could only use this cleanser for 3 days before throwing in the towel. My skin is very sensitive, oily, acne-prone and reactive, so most cleansers don't work for me anyway, BUT, I thought I'd give it a shot after reading the glowing reviews. Unfortunately, it left my skin very irritated and red and was also extremely hard to rinse off. I could feel a slight film and never could manage to get my skin 'clean' while using it. Even though it seemed to leave a film, it also left my skin feeling absolutely parched. Weird, since you would think the film would be for moisture. My forehead also clogged up pretty badly, so it was just bad all around. =(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love most everything about this cleanser. It's white and pearly with a soft, floral scent that I find luxurious, and a pea-sized amounts creates a rich, balmy lather that always feels great during washing. It removes all my makeup (after I've removed mascara), and it rinses cleanly. I honestly think this product feels like something Shiseido would sell, even though it cost me $2.50 with a coupon at the grocery store. I've had no breakouts or allergic reactions after a few weeks of use.

The reason I give this a 4 instead of a 5 is that it can be drying. Sometimes my skin looks dry around my chin area after washing with this. It also caused my eye area to flake when I used it to remove my eye makeup (which required thorough, prolonged washing).

So it's not absolutely perfect, but it's very pleasant and soothing to use, has a great lather, and definitely works well for something so cheap. I have normal/oily skin, so other skin types may have different results. I think this is a quality product, overall, and it's a good choice for someone who wants a luxurious-feeling product without the high price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted a cleanser that would help me remove my leftover makeup from oil cleansing. I used st Ives apricot scrub but hearing how bad it's for your skin, I wanted another alternative. This product is pretty good! It's a cream cleanser that smells kind of like febreeZe? It has a really fresh scent. Product has a pearly creamy sheen to it. I use about a pea size amount for my whole face. I haven't experienced dry skin, clogged pores or breakouts yet. Definitely would repurchase! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by xoxpinkxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I recently moved and needed an affordable but decent cleanser. I saw this cleanser with rave reviews online and decided to try it out. I was also lucky enough to grab one of the last few left at target. This was very affordable, only costing around 3$! That's a huge plus! When I first used this, I was taken back at how pretty and girlie the cream looks. I have used this cleanser for a month now and what I've noticed is that it's too drying for me and I normally have oily skin. Even when I use the most moisturizing moisturizer that I have, I would still get a few dry patches. And it's summer and hot here, so you would think it'd have the opposite effect. The only thing I'm thankful for is that this did not break me out like a lot of other cleansers do. It does a decent job cleaning your face and that's all I need until I can find a better one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I too hate to be a wet blanket about this, but it didn't really work for me! I was running low on my Clinique Take the Day Off cleansing balm, which I use to take off makeup, and my follow-up cleanser, Burt's Bee Radiant cleanser, and wanted to find something cheaper and which could take care of both of those steps at once, I guess to streamline my routine/save money. Thankfully, this was pretty cheap and it definitely took off my makeup very easily and didn't cause irritation, BUT it dried out my skin so much! I have skin that is dry-combo and sensitive so this was too stripping, for sure. So I'd say skip this unless you have more resilient or more oily skin, then it would probably work like a dream!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I hate to be the wrecking ball, but I don't like this cleanser at all. It stings my eyes a little when I use it to remove my makeup, (I first take off my eye makeup with grapseed oil, then wash it off with cleanser) and it doesn't remove it all that well. I did use this with my clarisonic for the first few times and then after without the clarisonic. It's just meh. No luminous brightness or "glow" everyone speaks of. Smells nice enough, thought it would be a little thicker and not pearly but pasty like clay, kind of like Neutrogena clear pore cleanser/mask. I think it also leaves a residue and I can feel it on my forehead unless I use it with my clarisonic. I am going to stick to my pretty much HG cleanser, Orjene Organics foaming face wash. That stuff is gentle enough for my eyes and gets my skin squeaky clean.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate to be the downer, but I am very clog prone and I think this breaks me out in whiteheads. I'm not sure which ingredients it is, but my skin doesn't love this. I had quit using it for a while and then started using it again recently and got whiteheads on my cheeks where I don't usually break out. it's POSSIBLE it's not from this, but I think it contributed cuz I thought so before and had quit using it and went back to it. plus it has some not so good ingredients that I usually avoid so I'm sticking with my whole foods cleansers like Grandpa's acne soap. but it's too drying on my cheeks but good for my T zone,so I was trying to use something else for them. the search continues.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Bought this based on the glowing reviews, this is a pretty great foaming cleanser. I regularly use Clinique's Rinse-Off Foaming or Algenist's Gentle Rejuvenating cleansers, but they are both $$$ and I wanted a cheaper alternative.
I was impressed because this cleanses really well, mascara and all. Rinses off nicely. Love the texture & how easily it lathers up. There is a bit of a floral, rose-y fragrance but it doesn't bother me. Leaves my skin clean and bright but- it is a tad drying, otherwise I'd give it 5 lippies.
While it's not the absolute best foaming cleanser I've found, it's good value for the price and I plan to buy this again.