LORAC PRO Palette

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite palette EVER. I spent dozens of trips to sephora and Ulta comparing eyeshadow formulas and color combinations before deciding to buy this one and I'm so happy I did. I wear boring neutral looks and this is the palette just for that. The eyeshadows are so soft and blendable, and so so opaque(including the black). When you barely dip a brush in the powder it picks it up like magic because it's so soft. I also love how there is a mixture of warm and cool. My only teeniest complaint is that the packaging gets pretty dirty due to the cardboard. I'd prefer a metal or plastic palette. Also, if you want a more create palette with less boring colors, this is not for you.

If I had to describe this palette in three words, it would be long-lasting, blendable, and pigmented. A little goes a long way; just the slightest dip of my makeup brush holds more than enough pigment. I love blending Sable and Espresso together to deepen the outer half of my eye, and Light Bronze is just the perfect base shade that I'm almost completely out of at this point.

I would say that this palette is more pigmented than the Urban Decay Naked Palettes, although I do prefer the variety of shades in the Naked Palettes. Either way, the Lorac Pro Palette is a high quality product that I would recommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I would give this a 3.5 or even a 3.75 if I could. I do like this, but for my purposes it is not really an ideal palette. I love the LORAC shadow formula, but because a lot of these colors are mid tones, it is very easy to get muddy looks with this. I also think the colors with the exception of gold, garnet, and light bronze (these are are some of the standout shades) run on the cool side, and I just don't like that with my coloring. It is not the most flattering on me.

I do really like the mid tone mattes and all of the dark colors, so that is a plus. Taupe and mauve are great transition shades. I do love pewter, because it is a nice mix of gray and brown without turning plum (this is a huge issue with me and taupes) and I love how slate and purple are dark shimmers that blend well without fallout.

My biggest issues are the light colors. There are too many. White is too stark for my uses, but good if you want a pigmented white. Cream and light pink are nice base shades, but I really don't need two base shades in a palette that are so close to each other. Nude and champagne are huge fails on me. Both are very similar and very frosty light colors. They appear to be a white frost on me. I need some color with lighter shades, these wash me out. Champagne has the added sin of glitter fallout. The light shades in Pro 2 are an excellent example of making lighter shades that still have differences on my skin, and I was so disappointed because Nude and Champagne do look beautiful in the pan.

Overall, I far prefer Pro 2 because of the versatility. If you like the color selection in this palette it is a good choice because the LORAC formula is amazing, but beware that the first four to five colors on the left are all very similar.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

PROS:
extremely pigments
easy to blend

CONS:
an extreme amount of fall out
= very messy
i don't like the design of the palette as it gets your fingerprints all over it
boring colors - good for people who are new to makeup
don't really use it often as my other palettes are way better
doesn't complement my hazel eyes
don't like the palette in general.

First of all, I'm Canadian, so Lorac products are extremely difficult for me to get. Putting that aside, I saw the reviews on this palette, so I knew I had to get it one way or another.

The shadows are so soft, and I love the idea of a row of matte and a row of shimmer. Everything shows up so well, even the lighter mattes. I always use eyeshadow primer, because it helps with the application and longevity of products. These shadows last all day and don't get muddy. There is quite a bit of fallout, so I took off a lippie for that. Otherwise, this is an amazing palette for a great price. My only wish is that the palette could clip close instead of having a magnetic clasp. I'm always worried it'd slip open or something.

Definitely get the palette if you can afford it!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hate this palette! So disappointed. Don't know if I got a faulty one or if it really is awful. The eyeshadow shades look gorgeous and really pigmented in the pan, however, on application I found them to be chalky and really bland 😕😕😕

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This palette is a staple, great for beginners too. The texture of the eyeshadows are buttery and it goes on smooth on my eye lids. The colours are very pigmented and they show up well even on my tanned skin. The matte colours are great for transitioning and the crease, which i think is essential when it comes to eyeshadows. They last quite long for me, however when my sister uses this it creases a lot on her lids, even with eye primer. I guess it really depends on each individual.
I also wished that they had one or 2 warm matte eyeshadows in the palette. The brown mattes are all quite cool toned so if you are not a fan of cool toned shadows, this palette may not be for you. Otherwise, i think this is a great palette for both casual to glam makeup.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I purchased this for $42.00 USD from Amazon. This is a solid selection of matte and shimmer. The texture of the shadows is very good. The powder feels almost creamy and each shad has pigmentation. Unfortunately, it tends to kick up a lot of dust within each pan so the packaging tends to get dirty very quickly.

A good neutral palette. It is versatile and I would definitely recommend it to someone looking for the basics. If you have many palettes, it is quite dupable.

White - A matte (?) cool toned white. I found this actually had a small amount of microshimmer when examined under a bright light. I prefer matte, slightly darker, more yellow toned shades for the brow bone and actual shimmer for inner eye highlight so this shade is a tad useless for me. I'll probably use this as an all over shade to help blending after I finish cream.

Cream - A matte pale beige. Used as a base lid colour after eye primer to assist with blending. This is lighter and pinker than my natural skin colour.

Taupe - A matte, warm toned medium brown. Works as a good crease or transition colour for my skintone. Reminds me of Urban Decay Buck but it tends to run warmer.

Lt. Pink - A matte (?) pale pink. I thought this shade also contained a mauveish microshimmer under bright lights though it is not otherwise noticeable. Also nice as an overall lid shade.

Mauve - A matte, cool toned muted plum. Useful as a cool toned crease/transition colour. It pairs well with Lt. Pink and Garnet.

Sable - A matte, medium dark reddish brown. Nice if you want to darken the outer-v on a more neutral day or as a crease colour on a more dramatic eye-look.

Espresso - A matte, dark blackish brown. Nice to subtly line upper and lower lashlines. Useful for darkening the outer-v for more intense looks.

Black - A matte black. I typically use this to set liquid or gel eyeliners or to smoke out the lashline.

Nude - A shimmery, warm champagne beige. Similar to Urban Decay Virgin but less pink toned. I use this for the inner corner as well as sometimes as a face highlight. Also nice in halo eyes.

Champagne - A shimmery, cool toned silvery champagne. I don't really like this shade. It is the shade most prone to fall out in the palette and after every use I find silver sparkles under my eye.

Gold - A shimmery warm toned medium gold. It leans slight orange though it is mostly neutral. Looks amazing with Garnet.

Lt. Bronze - A shimmery, light-medium beige. A subtle easy one shadow look for days you're rushed for time.

Pewter - A shimmery, cool toned brown with strong purple undertones. When you blend this out the purple comes through much more. Also nice for a darker one shadow look.

Garnet - A shimmery muted copper that leans brown. A standout shade in the palette.

Deep Purple - A shimmery dark purple with a blackened base. Not my favourite shade. The purple doesn't really show up and when blended leaves mostly the black base.

Slate - A shimmery gunmetal with cool blue undertones. This is a decent shade though not one I typically gravitate towards.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Some of the eyeshadows in here are my HG! I love that the mattes actually show up on my medium skin and don't look dry or chalky. The only thing I don't like is that the staying power is not that great for the price. I never have to wear eyeshadow primers because almost every eyeshadow lasts all day for me, except this one, even with primer. However I still love that this palette is great for an everyday look and can still be used for a night out unlike the Naked palettes that are only good to wear for special occasions.

I'm in the minority who doesn't really like this palette. For reference, im nc42 medium tan skin, black hair and black eyes. Pros- 1. the eyeshadow quality is awesome. shadows are very pigmented, great colour payoff, blend easily. 2. the slim packaging is great for travel/ storage 3. i like that there are 12 shades, even though they're only 1gram each. Cons- 1. the shade range does nothing for me. Colours like champagne look way too stark on my skintone. I hate slate shades and the deep purple colour ends up looking black. Also im not a fan of light pink shades for my lid. I wish there were more yellow toned lighter shades. 2. the outside packaging gets dirty sooo easily. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging but after using this for a while it just looks so dirty.

Video Reviews & Tutorials