LORAC PRO Palette

4.5

on 3/15/2015 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What is there not to love about this palette? I have had the Naked 1 and 2 since their release and have tried to love eyeshadows but it didn't happen. If like me, you're a neutral lover who doesn't venture out beyond browns and bronzes hues in the lids.. You need this palette in your life. I never thought I would like a palette so much! Every single colour will be used as opposed to some colour in the Nakeds, leaving others untouched.

I only have one gripe with this product and it is the packaging. It does attract finger prints and glitter. Besides that I appreciate it being minimal, slim and sophisticated. The mirror is decent in size.
That aside, the product is phenomenal. The eyeshades are crazy pigmented. Each colour comes off as seen in the pan. Some brushes may pick up extra product so tap off the excess to avoid fallout when blending.

On my NC20-25 Asian skin tone, Gold does not seem to agree. However when Gold and Taupe are mixed.. A strikingly beautiful copper is created. Similarly when Gold is mixed with Lt. Bronze.. rose gold is born! I love these combos as all over the lid colours.
Slate, Deep Purple and Garnet make for wonderful quick smokey eyes.
Taupe, Mauve, Sable and Espresso are fantastic as transition shades. Extra mention for Mauve - simply stunning.
White is this creamy White.. Nothing stark as I have seen in other palettes. All over base colour to the brow bone? Works wonderfully.
Cream and Lt. Pink are mostly used to buff out eyeshadow! But they can be used over the lid also.

Buy this palette! Hailing from Australia.. I thought long and hard about this palette.. Because there is simply so much on the market. But hunting this down was worth it. Before being able to get my hands on this.. I purchased Too Face's Chocolate and Semi Sweet.. They're nice but do not compare. Why settle for nice when there's extraordinary?

I don't need any other palette in my life.

on 3/11/2015 1:15:00 PM

The primer is not the best. But the colors and pigmentation are amazing totally worth . Go smoothly on the lid and super easy to blend it . Honestly my favorite palette ♡

on 2/25/2015 3:30:00 AM

Before I purchased this, I have done some research on which eyeshadow palette I should buy. After watch a lot of reviews from youtube and read some blogs, I decided to buy it.

Bought it from Ulta online for $42. I was so excited when the package arrived. The package is thin, light, has a magnet on it so we can close it easily.

I love this palette because it has half matte and half shimmer. You can do "no makeup" look, everyday makeup, natural makeup, glam makeup, basically you can do any makeup look you want using this palette.

Besides having lovely shades, what I do love about this palette is the pigmentation. The dark colors are so pigmented and buttery, you just have to use very tiny amount and it will show off on your eyelid and will last all day. But I face some fallout on light colors such as nude, champagne, bronze. I don't mind at all because I use that light colors mainly for inner corner or on waterline only.

on 2/15/2015 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was more excited to purchase this palette than any of my other palettes, and I'm sorry to say I'm incredibly disappointed.

*Price: Ridiculous, if you live in Canada, where we cannot purchase this anywhere for less than $70, even on Amazon. I was lucky enough to spot this on Glambot, completely unused and brand new, for $40.
*Packaging: I love the packaging for how sleek and thin it is, making it easy to take with you. But we all know the deal with the matte black - it gets filthy almost immediately.
*Product: I don't think I've ever experienced so much fallout in my entire life. I had read some reviews warning me of this and I didn't take it seriously. Why would I? It was such a hyped product, every YouTube MUA was using it, everyone and their momma had this. But I really should've listened.
*Positives: Other than my gripes with the fallout, the colours are really nice. I like to use this for more glam looks. The Light Bronze shadow looks beautiful applied wet all over my lid because it looks almost exactly like my skin colour but with an intense shimmer, so I just look radiant and glowing. The black shadow is the blackest black I've ever had, and doesn't look faded and grey when I blend it into the outer V.
*Negatives: The lighter colours are a little... I don't know, chalky? Patchy? And I already mentioned the amount of fallout.

In the end, I'll continue to use this palette because it really does have lovely shades. I can deal with the fallout, I guess. I won't repurchase and I'm glad I didn't pay full price!

on 2/5/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

There have been so many wonderful comments about this palette and I will second all of them. Just can't believe it has taken me so long to get my hands on one of these. Every single time I would go into Ulta looking for this palette they were sold out. So after a while I gave up, until I finally decided to call ahead and have it held for me when they received the next shipment. So glad that I did because when I arrived at the store the shelf was bare, but my lovely palette was waiting for me behind the counter. Love it!!!! I have used this everyday since I purchased it. The versatility is incredible. Love love love!!!!!

on 2/4/2015 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The palette is beautiful having half of the colors be matte and half of the colors shimmer. The texture of the shawdows are smooth & buterry consistency, making it easy to blend. A perfect palette for every day looks or a night out in the town. Travel size appropriate with a mirror.

on 2/3/2015 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite palette off all time. I'm not a fan of glittery shadows so all the Naked's are a no-go for me. These shadows are all matte or shimmer but it's a true shimmer- not glitter!!

on 2/2/2015 5:40:00 PM

If it's physically possible to love an eyeshadow palette, I do, wholeheartedly. Half matte and half shimmer is always gonna be a winner as many palettes often go overboard on the shimmers or mattes. SUCH a versatile palette! You can do a blackout smokey eye or the lightest of nude shimmers effortlessly. Really good eyebrow highlight and inner corner colours too. The most pigmented shadows I have used and they feel like butter and blend amazingly. Only downside is the price, it is STEEP but I do not regret buying whatsoever. Really sturdy packaging and it also has a mirror which is always a plus for travel. I love it!! My fave palette

on 1/22/2015 6:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is my favourite palette. Having half matte shades is amazing, and each shadow is incredibly pigmented and buttery. Although I paid $65 AUD for this, it is well worth it. The only thing I don't like is the packaging, the size is good, but it gets very dirty, very fast. The velvety rubbery packaging must be wiped down quickly, I'm almost scared to take this out of the house, and it seems very easy to be worn down! Also, the gold in my opinion is just gross and tacky, and garnet is just plain fugly (very strong opinions, albeit my opinion only).

on 1/19/2015 12:45:00 AM

I've had this palette for over a year now and find myself using it about every other day for subtle work looks and night out looks.

Color payoff: 4.5/5
Color range: 4/5 - I am running out of the lighter base/highlight shades faster than the rest

-1 out of 5 due to fallout. It takes a careful pat with your brush to avoid a slight dusting of the colors transferring to the small edges between shadows. Sometimes a girl just wants to get a good dose of her favorite shadow as a base color, and going back to gently pat a color onto your eyes three times takes away from a $50 purchase.

Popular Palettes