October 24, 2014 | 1111 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner in Dark Slate

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by NoelleP

After reading the reviews I purchased this and was leery about the Dark Slate as I usually stick with black or brown, but this truly is such a lovely liner and felt I had a lot of control with the applicator brush it comes with. Will definitely purchase again!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by purpledream

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wholeheartedly back up all the other reviews. This is a perfect creamy gel liner that can even be feathered, yet dries to stay put. The color is FANTASTIC and not harsh... basically a dark dove/taupey grey. I have always used pencil liners on my upper lids smudged with shadow over it to avoid a harsh line, and this is the first gel liner I feel comfortable using. Will buy back-ups right away!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by ParfumLust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used gel eyeliner in the past and I didn't like it. So, when I decided to try it again, I wasn't willing to spend high end prices. I decided to purchase this one based on the rave reviews here. Boy was everyone right - this stuff is amazing! Unlike the ones I've tried in the past, this applies smoothly and easily. Also, I love this color. It looks gross in the pot, like concrete, but on my eyes it's a nice soft black. It's great because I find black liquid and gel liner to be way too harsh on me. I think it might dry up before I use the whole pot, but either way I'll buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by TaiXiao

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is amazing!!! I have oily eyelids, so I applied it after I primed my lids. I wore it for 15 hours and nothing smudged! Even when I took a 4 hour nap. It looked the same like how I applied it in the morning! This color was very pigmented and was very easy to apply. The color is like a taupe-ish grey color, but looks like a dull black. The brush tip is rounded, but i just cut the brush on an angle so that I would have a slanted brush. ^^ I would definitely buy this again. But in blackest black.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by mary_ln

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have really tried to like gel/cream eyeliners. Really. But this is the only and I mean only one that has ever delivered. The formula is exquisitely creamy, enabling you to draw a clean, smooth line. It doesn't dry immediately, enabling you to go back and smooth out or touch up any areas. After drying, this color (dark slate) is a neutral dark taupe, matte shade - very flattering if you're looking for something other than a harsh black line. And the liner brush is a wonderful little bonus - very nice quality. I'm tossing all my other liners and keeping my fingers crossed that this is never discontinued.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ever since I tried Smashbox creme liner in Thunder I have been on a search for a longer-lasting dark taupey grey liner. I have grey-blue eyes, so on days when I don't want stark black liner, I like a nice greyish color. Most brown liners found at the drugstore are very warm reddish browns, so I tend to shy away from those. Infallible gel liner in Dark Slate is a very dark taupe grey, a little darker than the color of wet cement. It dries to a semi-matte finish, and even on my oily lids lasts most of the day. The brush it comes with is also very nice, and I like the packaging. I will definitely buy this again, it has become a HG.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by stillhot

Bought the black version 3 days ago, and found my car driving on it's own back to the drugstore to get the Dark Slate color. It truly is the eyeliner I've been looking for forever. I really really like it. Gel eyeliner, in my experience can be chunky, and even though it can eventually look great, can be difficult to apply. This goes on really smoothly, and because it doesn't dry instantly can be manipulated for a clean really even line. Love the color. It's dark enough to look significant, without the black eye look, that I'm starting to think looks dated. In my view, this formulation is the best on the market.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

The color of this reminds me of Maybelline Tough as Taupe color tattoo but a bit more saturated. I wouldn't necessarily call it grey or slate, because it seems like there's a bit of warmth to it.

Anyway, I've worn this almost non-stop since I bought it a few weeks ago and I'm in love. It is so creamy, easy to apply (love the brush it comes with BTW) and lasts forever. It even works well on the upper waterline.

Provides subtle definition if you're sick of wearing black or brown e/l.

I'm definitely going back for all the other colors since this is my new favorite gel liner...possibly ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Don't do what I did and pass this up the first time. Even if you love black, just get this one too. I have very, very dark lashes & hair naturally. In the container this looked like a soft blue gray and like it wouldn't do anything to define my lash line...so I passed and got bronze instead. Then because I am OCD and these reviews were so good, I couldn't stop thinking about Dark Slate and went back for it. It is way darker (in a good way) once you dip in the gel from what the gel looks like at the bottom of the jar you can see when it is still in the packaging. The color is a taupey grey verging on soft black. Bronze is very nice too BTW, but less soft and natural as Dark Slate. I could put Dark Slate on with no mascara for a quick eye brightener on a low to no makeup day and it would work.

As for functionality...this is the first eyeliner I have been able to use on my lower lash line without it gravitating down, smudging, or giving me that black eye look! It did not move! The color was perfect for the purpose of "thickening" up my lower lash line (I never put mascara there because of my dark under eye circles & deep set eyes). AMAZING PRODUCT!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by obtuse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

After hearing some buzz on this particular product, I decided to try it. I must say that I love it! I love the Dark Slate as I normally wear black and this is a fresh alternative plus I can make it darker if I want. The liner lasts all day beautifully. I have tried some other gel liners , like Bobbi brown, etc and I wasn't as impressed as I was with this one!