September 2, 2014 | 1902 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner in Dark Slate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by purpledream

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wholeheartedly back up all the other reviews. This is a perfect creamy gel liner that can even be feathered, yet dries to stay put. The color is FANTASTIC and not harsh... basically a dark dove/taupey grey. I have always used pencil liners on my upper lids smudged with shadow over it to avoid a harsh line, and this is the first gel liner I feel comfortable using. Will buy back-ups right away!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by ParfumLust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used gel eyeliner in the past and I didn't like it. So, when I decided to try it again, I wasn't willing to spend high end prices. I decided to purchase this one based on the rave reviews here. Boy was everyone right - this stuff is amazing! Unlike the ones I've tried in the past, this applies smoothly and easily. Also, I love this color. It looks gross in the pot, like concrete, but on my eyes it's a nice soft black. It's great because I find black liquid and gel liner to be way too harsh on me. I think it might dry up before I use the whole pot, but either way I'll buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by TaiXiao

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is amazing!!! I have oily eyelids, so I applied it after I primed my lids. I wore it for 15 hours and nothing smudged! Even when I took a 4 hour nap. It looked the same like how I applied it in the morning! This color was very pigmented and was very easy to apply. The color is like a taupe-ish grey color, but looks like a dull black. The brush tip is rounded, but i just cut the brush on an angle so that I would have a slanted brush. ^^ I would definitely buy this again. But in blackest black.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by mary_ln

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have really tried to like gel/cream eyeliners. Really. But this is the only and I mean only one that has ever delivered. The formula is exquisitely creamy, enabling you to draw a clean, smooth line. It doesn't dry immediately, enabling you to go back and smooth out or touch up any areas. After drying, this color (dark slate) is a neutral dark taupe, matte shade - very flattering if you're looking for something other than a harsh black line. And the liner brush is a wonderful little bonus - very nice quality. I'm tossing all my other liners and keeping my fingers crossed that this is never discontinued.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ever since I tried Smashbox creme liner in Thunder I have been on a search for a longer-lasting dark taupey grey liner. I have grey-blue eyes, so on days when I don't want stark black liner, I like a nice greyish color. Most brown liners found at the drugstore are very warm reddish browns, so I tend to shy away from those. Infallible gel liner in Dark Slate is a very dark taupe grey, a little darker than the color of wet cement. It dries to a semi-matte finish, and even on my oily lids lasts most of the day. The brush it comes with is also very nice, and I like the packaging. I will definitely buy this again, it has become a HG.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by stillhot

Bought the black version 3 days ago, and found my car driving on it's own back to the drugstore to get the Dark Slate color. It truly is the eyeliner I've been looking for forever. I really really like it. Gel eyeliner, in my experience can be chunky, and even though it can eventually look great, can be difficult to apply. This goes on really smoothly, and because it doesn't dry instantly can be manipulated for a clean really even line. Love the color. It's dark enough to look significant, without the black eye look, that I'm starting to think looks dated. In my view, this formulation is the best on the market.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

The color of this reminds me of Maybelline Tough as Taupe color tattoo but a bit more saturated. I wouldn't necessarily call it grey or slate, because it seems like there's a bit of warmth to it.

Anyway, I've worn this almost non-stop since I bought it a few weeks ago and I'm in love. It is so creamy, easy to apply (love the brush it comes with BTW) and lasts forever. It even works well on the upper waterline.

Provides subtle definition if you're sick of wearing black or brown e/l.

I'm definitely going back for all the other colors since this is my new favorite gel liner...possibly ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Don't do what I did and pass this up the first time. Even if you love black, just get this one too. I have very, very dark lashes & hair naturally. In the container this looked like a soft blue gray and like it wouldn't do anything to define my lash line...so I passed and got bronze instead. Then because I am OCD and these reviews were so good, I couldn't stop thinking about Dark Slate and went back for it. It is way darker (in a good way) once you dip in the gel from what the gel looks like at the bottom of the jar you can see when it is still in the packaging. The color is a taupey grey verging on soft black. Bronze is very nice too BTW, but less soft and natural as Dark Slate. I could put Dark Slate on with no mascara for a quick eye brightener on a low to no makeup day and it would work.

As for functionality...this is the first eyeliner I have been able to use on my lower lash line without it gravitating down, smudging, or giving me that black eye look! It did not move! The color was perfect for the purpose of "thickening" up my lower lash line (I never put mascara there because of my dark under eye circles & deep set eyes). AMAZING PRODUCT!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by obtuse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

After hearing some buzz on this particular product, I decided to try it. I must say that I love it! I love the Dark Slate as I normally wear black and this is a fresh alternative plus I can make it darker if I want. The liner lasts all day beautifully. I have tried some other gel liners , like Bobbi brown, etc and I wasn't as impressed as I was with this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Omykiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I tried this since I'm already a big fan of everything L'Oreal Infallible, and I was looking to experiment with a gel eyeliner. This is therefore the first I have ever tried, and I have nothing to compare it to. All I can say is that I LOVE IT!!! I'm only sad that I waited so long to venture into the gel eyeliner world! I prefer this over both pencil and liquid liners. The Dark Slate is a pure colour and does not show up as silvery or too light. It is perfect for those of us who feel that black is a little too harsh for our skintone/tastes/whatever, but do want a product colour that will make a visible difference or enhancement (or else what's the point, right?).
The reason I wanted to try a gel eyeliner was to try tightlining..... so either I'm a natural-born expert with tightlining or this product made it simple. My rookie results were flawless. The formula is a perfect buttery-creamy consistency that also stays where you put it. I haven't tried this specifically on my waterline, but whatever I get onto my upper waterline while tightlining certainly stays with zero transfer onto the lower waterline.
Love the product. Love the brush too - had no difficulties with it. I am forever changed and think I will become a firm believer in tightlining. Especially with this product! Man, I should really buy another as a back-up...