L'Oreal Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner in Dark Slate

4.8

on 3/5/2013 7:30:00 PM

UPDATE: The more I use this the better I like it. I cannot do catlike e/l in black. Too harsh. With this color that's all I do when I don't want to bother with my signature smokey eye on light-MU days. I cannot recommend it enough.

I was at RiteAid to get some meds and saw this. I remembered reading raving reviews here, so I decided to try it (I really must stop reading MUA; lol).

After giving it a try I understood why everyone is in love w/this. Most important, the color. The name could not be more spot on. I don't look good in light-colored e/l. Does NOTHING for my eyes. I need something dark. I usually go for brown/black, and black for special occasions. I tried a lot of greys and taupes, but with a couple of exceptions (I can't even remember which), the greys turn blue on me - which I absolutely HATE - and the taupes turn to a light clay-ish putty color, that is far from flattering.

Enter this lovely e/l. Not too dark, if I want to use it on its own, for light-MU days, but it does make a flattering difference to how my eyes look. Especially if used w/o e/s. Can be smudged, which is how I prefer to wear e/l. Stays on very well. LOVE the brush. I could go on, but I would only be repeating what other reviewers said.

on 3/1/2013 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually purchased this just to get the brush! I was surprised how much I ended up loving not only the brush but the gel liner, as well! I own several of BB's gel liner & 2 of her eye-liner brushes & am never thrilled with the look I get using BB's gel liners. L'Oreal Infallible Gel Laquer Liner in Dark Slate took me by surprise because after plunking down lots of cash on BB's gel liners & not really liking them, I was done w/ gel liners. I really like this gel liner. It's a unique "slate" color-not silvery, no obvious blue, more of a warm, deep grey close to a greyish taupe. \I have green-blue eyes, fair-light NC20-25 skin & this color looks just right on me-not too harsh & not too light. The liner itself is creamier than BB's which allows for more control in application (I like to smudge a bit-HATE a solid line on my eyes). I have dryish skin so staying-power is not that big of an issue for me but so far this seems to have great staying-power & has not faded a bit in 8 hours. Oh & that brush that brought me to this eyeliner in the 1st place, is great. It's exactly what I wanted. Very good product, Dark Slate is a great color and the packaging is high-endish (reminds me of BB's but L'Oreals IGLL's pot is lighter & seems less bulky). All this & the price is less than 1/2 of BB's (plus w/ L'Oreal IGLL's you get a great brush).

on 2/17/2013 1:42:00 AM

After reading the reviews I purchased this and was leery about the Dark Slate as I usually stick with black or brown, but this truly is such a lovely liner and felt I had a lot of control with the applicator brush it comes with. Will definitely purchase again!

on 1/31/2013 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I wholeheartedly back up all the other reviews. This is a perfect creamy gel liner that can even be feathered, yet dries to stay put. The color is FANTASTIC and not harsh... basically a dark dove/taupey grey. I have always used pencil liners on my upper lids smudged with shadow over it to avoid a harsh line, and this is the first gel liner I feel comfortable using. Will buy back-ups right away!

on 1/20/2013 4:16:00 PM

I've used gel eyeliner in the past and I didn't like it. So, when I decided to try it again, I wasn't willing to spend high end prices. I decided to purchase this one based on the rave reviews here. Boy was everyone right - this stuff is amazing! Unlike the ones I've tried in the past, this applies smoothly and easily. Also, I love this color. It looks gross in the pot, like concrete, but on my eyes it's a nice soft black. It's great because I find black liquid and gel liner to be way too harsh on me. I think it might dry up before I use the whole pot, but either way I'll buy it again.

on 1/11/2013 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This eyeliner is amazing!!! I have oily eyelids, so I applied it after I primed my lids. I wore it for 15 hours and nothing smudged! Even when I took a 4 hour nap. It looked the same like how I applied it in the morning! This color was very pigmented and was very easy to apply. The color is like a taupe-ish grey color, but looks like a dull black. The brush tip is rounded, but i just cut the brush on an angle so that I would have a slanted brush. ^^ I would definitely buy this again. But in blackest black.

on 1/7/2013 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have really tried to like gel/cream eyeliners. Really. But this is the only and I mean only one that has ever delivered. The formula is exquisitely creamy, enabling you to draw a clean, smooth line. It doesn't dry immediately, enabling you to go back and smooth out or touch up any areas. After drying, this color (dark slate) is a neutral dark taupe, matte shade - very flattering if you're looking for something other than a harsh black line. And the liner brush is a wonderful little bonus - very nice quality. I'm tossing all my other liners and keeping my fingers crossed that this is never discontinued.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ever since I tried Smashbox creme liner in Thunder I have been on a search for a longer-lasting dark taupey grey liner. I have grey-blue eyes, so on days when I don't want stark black liner, I like a nice greyish color. Most brown liners found at the drugstore are very warm reddish browns, so I tend to shy away from those. Infallible gel liner in Dark Slate is a very dark taupe grey, a little darker than the color of wet cement. It dries to a semi-matte finish, and even on my oily lids lasts most of the day. The brush it comes with is also very nice, and I like the packaging. I will definitely buy this again, it has become a HG.

on 10/21/2012 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bought the black version 3 days ago, and found my car driving on it's own back to the drugstore to get the Dark Slate color. It truly is the eyeliner I've been looking for forever. I really really like it. Gel eyeliner, in my experience can be chunky, and even though it can eventually look great, can be difficult to apply. This goes on really smoothly, and because it doesn't dry instantly can be manipulated for a clean really even line. Love the color. It's dark enough to look significant, without the black eye look, that I'm starting to think looks dated. In my view, this formulation is the best on the market.

on 10/9/2012 12:32:00 PM

The color of this reminds me of Maybelline Tough as Taupe color tattoo but a bit more saturated. I wouldn't necessarily call it grey or slate, because it seems like there's a bit of warmth to it.

Anyway, I've worn this almost non-stop since I bought it a few weeks ago and I'm in love. It is so creamy, easy to apply (love the brush it comes with BTW) and lasts forever. It even works well on the upper waterline.

Provides subtle definition if you're sick of wearing black or brown e/l.

I'm definitely going back for all the other colors since this is my new favorite gel liner...possibly ever.