September 21, 2014 | 2063 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Rebel Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an absolutely amazing lipstick!! I love it so much. If you apply a small amount it is a lovely light berry colour, perfect for the day time a nice girly pretty colour. Then you can build it up to a deep vampire rebel colour. It doesn't even feel like you are wearing lipstick at all, and it lasts for ages!! It actually lasted for 3 hours without having to reapply once! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by urbanbeautysaid

Hi this is my first review so i hope who ever stumbles across it finds it useful.

Can i just start by saying I adore this Rebel Lipstick my MAC. One thing you should all know about me, is my love for MAC Cosmetics. I’ve used their products for years and their make-up collections never fail to impress me.

After a recent trip to Debenhams with my best friend, we went to the MAC beauty stand (which is something we love to do) I knew I wanted to treat myself to a new shade of lipstick, and the first thing I noticed was this incredible lipstick shade called “Rebel” which only cost me £15.

Over the last few years I’ve been in a “lipstick rut” which means, I always tend to stick to the same shades I"m familiar with (red for the evening and natural pink lip gloss for day wear). So this shade is the complete opposite of what I would normally wear, and to be honest, I've needed a “lipstick makeover” for a while and this was definitely the shade to do that.

You can create so many looks with this shade, if you want to go sexy, for a night out with your friends or keep your make-up natural, its all achievable with this gorgeous shade.

Not only does it look good, it feels good too, because the lipstick is really hydrating.

The other thing i love about this lipstick is, its so easy to apply, and believe me when I say the shade has staying power, the swatch stained my arm… LOL.

I think the shade of the lipstick matches the name “rebel” perfectly. So If you want to vamp up you make-up and be more cutting edge, definitely try it. This is personally one of my favourite colour lipsticks at the moment and I love wearing it. So, would I buy this shade again? When it runs out...Hell Yes!!

Check out some pictures on my blog http://goo.gl/giyqcP

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

*This is my 100th review, woo!* Rebel is my second MAC lipstick. My sister actually introduced me to this shade & is responsible for why I like it as much as I do. Out of curiosity & thanks to a MAC gift card I have, I thought I'd give it a try (on a whim, typical me). I wasn't expecting to like it at all & was actually hesitant to even try it on because I am not a red lipstick girl. It's described as "midtonal cream plum," but it's a sexy medium red on my lips despite it looking too dark & burgundy in the tube. I definitely skipped my usual safe colours of nudes, brown, pinks, mauves, etc. for this; believe it or not, it wound up being one of my favourite MAC lipstick shades! Long story short: I ended up loving it.

This is one of MAC's satin lipsticks. It sets semi-matte & the colour is gorgeous. It's very pigmented & intense in colour. The lipstick itself is soft, applies easily, & is long-lasting. I wear this straight out of the tube; I don't have to wear a lip liner with this lipstick like I have to do with some other MAC lipsticks. It's pretty & looks good all on its own. Again, it's not fire-engine red like you're going to the club & it's not deep-dark red like you're going to a funeral. Rebel is the perfect medium between the two. I looked & felt like like a bad a** biker chick wearing it! It doesn't disappoint. It costs $16 & I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by dannihill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my current favourite lipstick. I love how buildable the colour is as you can dab it on and wear it as a berry coloured stain or you can layer it and make it dark and vampy. I also find it really comfortable to wear and the satin finish is lovely. It's very long wearing (it stains your lips when you take it off) and does not need to be reapplied often. I absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Deedianne

Omg my all time fave! This is a gorgeous fall/winter, night out lippy. The colour is bold, sexy and show stopping! Sucha statement colour! It's a satin lipstick so has a shiny application and can be vampy if worn with lip liners such as nightmoth!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by 1017

If you have my complexion (NW20, winter), quit thinking about it and just go, get Rebel. Now. Seriously, you do need this shade. Rebel was made for my complexion (NW20, almost black hair (3N), brown eyes, mauvey lips)! I knew the color would look good, these berry type shades always do on me. But what I wasn't prepared for was how Rebel perfectly combined berry & plum to create the most easy to wear statement shade ever...let's call it a boysenberry type color. It is kind of bold, yet sits & wears as easy on me as MAC Creme Cup. It just glides on, not too heavy, not too light. Yes, it might be a bit much for going to the gym, but anything else it is stunning.

Here is the interesting part about Rebel. I have so many berries, purples, magenta type colors I thought, I probably have a million of these shades, I don't need Rebel. I even have what could actually be called a dupe (in terms of color matching), WnW Sugar Plum Fairy. And while the shade is practically the same, once applied you can see (and definitely feel) the difference. SPF is very matte and drags along your lips...it looks bold, painted on, heavy. Rebel glides across your lips and while bold doesn't look so "painted" and more like an ehancement. I also have UD Shame which is stunning on me, but compared to Rebel was more red berry than a plum berry of Rebel and much more bold. Every lipstick I swatched next to Rebel that I thought was so close to it that I didn't need it...they all looked quite different from Rebel (more red, more purple, more goth). I also have MAC Dark Side, but that is much more dark, red and goth than Rebel. I Iove the look of UD Shame, that is a big night out lipstick...drama! Rebel is it's more relaxed cousin...always looks put together, but way less maintenance and easier to deal with.

Given the reviews here, I am just going to say one more thing. Just get this. I think it is one of those legendary lispticks you always hear about and when you finally get it, you understand why it's special. This is from someone who put off buying this shade for years trying to talk myself out it. Now, I could kick myself. I will never be without this shade. Actually, if I could only have two lipsticks ever, it would Rebel and Creme Cup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First time I tried this I thought yuck, old lady. But I ended up b2m for this a few months later anyways, which I'm glad I did. Turns out it was the store lighting that made it look bad but once out in natural light I loved it. So glad I changed my mind about this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by DanceyPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is my favourite lipstick, goes on well, lasts through several hours, and leaves a slight stain on your lips so if it does wear off there's still colour there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by likestarry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite lipstick, ever.
Not only is the colour amazing, but the staying power of this lipstick is off the wall. I've worn this all day, eaten and drunk whilst wearing it and yet it's stayed exactly in place and not even worn away. It's a lovely vampy purple, which I reckon you could build up to make really dark or blot to add a touch of colour to your lips.

It has a slight but pleasant smell, is creamy and easy to apply and stays in place for hours. I found myself re-applying out of habit but really I needn't. If I was for some reason unable to re-apply I wouldn't worry as I know it'd stayed put.

The packaging is in the well known MAC lipstick packaging we all know and love, a sleek black bullet. I love the packaging because it seems pretty hard to break, meaning I can pop this in my bag or pocket and not worry it could break or the lid might fall off and my lipstick would be in danger. I'll definitely be buying this lipstick again, in this colour and in others.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by jpxstarz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick for fun. I always wanted something dark purple to create this edgy bold look. So I wear it with the mac currant lip liner. It looks great. I got compliment couple of time wearing this lipstick. I was on a lipstick crave.