October 22, 2014 | 1825 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Rebel Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Put this on your TO BUY list. Right. now.

The perfect dark fuschia lipstick. Comes off creamy but has the intensity of a matte.

I always see pictures of people at parties with their lipstick still in tact, and when I ask what they are using, 9/10 their answer is MAC REBEL.

Looks best for a night look but if you're feeling bold, wear it all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by heddalovesrebel

Before i finally bought this i googled it like a million times and swatched it and tried it on in the store many many times. I ended up buying it whilst on my trip to London, and i remember applying it in front of the hotel room mirror and feeling SO badass! My mom thought the color was too "sexy" for me, as i am quite young. I have fair skin and have discovered that yellow based pinks, like mac viva glam Nicki Minaj, really don't suit my skin tone and neither my personality. Therefor this is my "dressing up" or "special occasion" lipstick rather than something like mac candy yum yum. I have been trying to find a matching lipliner as its a satin finish and can sometimes bleed or smudge. If you have small lips like me and like to apply your lipsticks a little bit outside your natural lips, be aware that it can look a little obvious sometimes because of the satin finish. Also remember to apply an extra layer of bronzer if you are pale, as this lipstick can sometimes make you look super pale. Regardless i love this lipstick and will definitely repurchase, and i soon have too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this product as part of the back to mac programme and was dying to try it. It looks scarily dark in the tube but it applies as a sheer purply pink that is buildable in colour. I absolutely love this, it's a perfect fall lipstick, and I'll probably wear it throughout summer as well! I would recommend exfoliating your lips first as mine tend to go flakey with any lipstick I wear, not just this one but it really helps when applying. I love Mac lipsticks in general, the colour pay off, the smell, formulas and packaging are so worth the money! Go and buy this lipstick NOW, its a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by x8Sophie

I've always have a hard time finding lipstick that doesn't ware off when I eat or drink. I then decided to try a lipstick from MAC since I haven't before and I went with Rebel cause it best fit my skin tone so I could wear it to school or casual things.

And I love it. It's lasts through all the drinking and eating and I only have to reapply once and I probably didn't need to it was just starting to fade.

I use the MAC lip pencil in burgundy to enhance the color even more and to sharpen it up a little

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an absolutely amazing lipstick!! I love it so much. If you apply a small amount it is a lovely light berry colour, perfect for the day time a nice girly pretty colour. Then you can build it up to a deep vampire rebel colour. It doesn't even feel like you are wearing lipstick at all, and it lasts for ages!! It actually lasted for 3 hours without having to reapply once! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by urbanbeautysaid

Hi this is my first review so i hope who ever stumbles across it finds it useful.

Can i just start by saying I adore this Rebel Lipstick my MAC. One thing you should all know about me, is my love for MAC Cosmetics. I’ve used their products for years and their make-up collections never fail to impress me.

After a recent trip to Debenhams with my best friend, we went to the MAC beauty stand (which is something we love to do) I knew I wanted to treat myself to a new shade of lipstick, and the first thing I noticed was this incredible lipstick shade called “Rebel” which only cost me £15.

Over the last few years I’ve been in a “lipstick rut” which means, I always tend to stick to the same shades I"m familiar with (red for the evening and natural pink lip gloss for day wear). So this shade is the complete opposite of what I would normally wear, and to be honest, I've needed a “lipstick makeover” for a while and this was definitely the shade to do that.

You can create so many looks with this shade, if you want to go sexy, for a night out with your friends or keep your make-up natural, its all achievable with this gorgeous shade.

Not only does it look good, it feels good too, because the lipstick is really hydrating.

The other thing i love about this lipstick is, its so easy to apply, and believe me when I say the shade has staying power, the swatch stained my arm… LOL.

I think the shade of the lipstick matches the name “rebel” perfectly. So If you want to vamp up you make-up and be more cutting edge, definitely try it. This is personally one of my favourite colour lipsticks at the moment and I love wearing it. So, would I buy this shade again? When it runs out...Hell Yes!!

Check out some pictures on my blog http://goo.gl/giyqcP

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

~*100th review, kawabunga!*~
Rebel is my second lipstick from MAC. My sister introduced me to this shade & out of curiosity, I thought I'd give it a try… on a whim, typical me. I wasn't expecting to like it & I was scared to try it on since I'm not a red lipstick kind of girl. This being both red & dark is actually really out of character for me. I skipped my usual safe nude, pink, brown, etc. colors for this. It's described as "midtonal cream plum," but it's a sexy burgundy color. It is dark, but nowhere near as dark as it looks in the tube. Long story short: I ended up loving it. In my opinion, it isn't a daily lip color; instead, I think it is best to wear on special occasions.

This is one of MAC's Satin lipsticks. It sets semi-matte & product itself is soft, applies easily, & is long-lasting. One of my favorite things about Rebel is that I can wear it with or without lining my lips first. I do see a lot of people like to pair this with MAC Nightmoth Lip Pencil, which is described as a "blackened plum." I don't HAVE TO wear a lip liner with this lipstick like I have to do with some other lipsticks. Again, it's not fire-engine red like you're going to the club & it's not deep-dark red like you're going to a funeral. It's the perfect medium between the two. I look & feel like a bad ass biker chick wearing it! It doesn't disappoint. It costs $16 & I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by dannihill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my current favourite lipstick. I love how buildable the colour is as you can dab it on and wear it as a berry coloured stain or you can layer it and make it dark and vampy. I also find it really comfortable to wear and the satin finish is lovely. It's very long wearing (it stains your lips when you take it off) and does not need to be reapplied often. I absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Deedianne

Omg my all time fave! This is a gorgeous fall/winter, night out lippy. The colour is bold, sexy and show stopping! Sucha statement colour! It's a satin lipstick so has a shiny application and can be vampy if worn with lip liners such as nightmoth!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by 1017

If you have my complexion (NW20, winter), quit thinking about it and just go, get Rebel. Now. Seriously, you do need this shade. Rebel was made for my complexion (NW20, almost black hair (3N), brown eyes, mauvey lips)! I knew the color would look good, these berry type shades always do on me. But what I wasn't prepared for was how Rebel perfectly combined berry & plum to create the most easy to wear statement shade ever...let's call it a boysenberry type color. It is kind of bold, yet sits & wears as easy on me as MAC Creme Cup. It just glides on, not too heavy, not too light. Yes, it might be a bit much for going to the gym, but anything else it is stunning.

Here is the interesting part about Rebel. I have so many berries, purples, magenta type colors I thought, I probably have a million of these shades, I don't need Rebel. I even have what could actually be called a dupe (in terms of color matching), WnW Sugar Plum Fairy. And while the shade is practically the same, once applied you can see (and definitely feel) the difference. SPF is very matte and drags along your lips...it looks bold, painted on, heavy. Rebel glides across your lips and while bold doesn't look so "painted" and more like an ehancement. I also have UD Shame which is stunning on me, but compared to Rebel was more red berry than a plum berry of Rebel and much more bold. Every lipstick I swatched next to Rebel that I thought was so close to it that I didn't need it...they all looked quite different from Rebel (more red, more purple, more goth). I also have MAC Dark Side, but that is much more dark, red and goth than Rebel. I Iove the look of UD Shame, that is a big night out lipstick...drama! Rebel is it's more relaxed cousin...always looks put together, but way less maintenance and easier to deal with.

Given the reviews here, I am just going to say one more thing. Just get this. I think it is one of those legendary lispticks you always hear about and when you finally get it, you understand why it's special. This is from someone who put off buying this shade for years trying to talk myself out it. Now, I could kick myself. I will never be without this shade. Actually, if I could only have two lipsticks ever, it would Rebel and Creme Cup.