MAC Rebel Lipstick

4.6

on 11/28/2014 4:05:00 PM

This was the first 'dark' MAC lipstick that I bought and I'm still in love with it. I even have the lipglass! I wear it with just a flicked cat eye liner and blush or with a more dramatic eye for a statement look. You could wear it with Vino, Current or Beet liner.

It is a Satin, which some people find drying, I don't have this issue. It is a deep raspberry with a plum undertone. I usually wear it with vino which darkens it up a bit. It will stain the lips, but I like the colour it leaves behind. It is so wearable and I think it suits my paleness and I love it on darker skin tones. Its so pretty and vibrant.

on 11/25/2014 2:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very nice bright berry color...but it majorly dried out my lips to the point of them cracking and splitting. I tried applying lip balm first and that wasn't a help either.

on 11/25/2014 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

In love with this lippie. Am wearing it today and I feel so sophisticated! The color is beautiful and lasts a long time, perhaps too long that it filters into the following day (not sure if that's a good thing though!) I like the satin finish as it is neither matte (too drying) nor shiny!

I am NW43 for reference and love how the color pops out against my chocolate skin. Would definitely repurchase over and over..

on 11/15/2014 8:12:00 AM

Love this lipstick, it's a satin finish so it looks much darker in the tube but you can totes sheer it out or put it on twice and have a beautiful deep magenta finish. God it's so incredibly pigmented and not drying at all! I can wear it in different scenarios, it's everchanging every time I wear it. Truly a stunning colour worth your buck! (I'm from Aus, we don't have WNW dupe readily available and the shipping and stuff online is far too much of a hassle!!)

on 11/12/2014 12:34:00 AM

Rebel isn't exactly a color that I reach for but I have worn it and yes there is a dupe which is wet n wild sugar plum fairy and when on your lips you can't tell the difference, I will forever and always have a soft spot for Mac lipsticks just everything about them always appeals to me and they do no wrong but if you don't really want to spend $15 I'd say go with the wet n wild who'd know the difference

on 11/11/2014 11:40:00 PM

This is the first ever lipstick that I finished, and I have absolutely no doubt that I will keep repurchasing it. This colour is so universal, it really works with any complexion. It's actually more of a deep fuchsia than purple, but you can definitely add up more layers for a more vampy look. My favourite part it leaves a beautiful berry-pink stain, which stays on even the day after a night out! Just a beautiful colour, perfct if you want to make a statement without being over-the-top

on 11/8/2014 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

First of all it's not as dark as it looks on the websites which is a good thing. Its a really beautiful plummy purple. Of course with more layers it can be made darker. Looks great on my olive/indian skin tone. I'm not a fan of the lustre finish but the finish is great for this particular lipstick.

on 10/26/2014 9:04:00 PM

I've wanted this since last fall but held off until this September. For reference, I'm NC30 with black hair. The first time I tried it on, it was brighter than I envisioned. It's described as a "midtonal cream plum" and is a satin finish which I'm not used to (I prefer amplified) and comes in the standard MAC packaging of 0.10oz for $18 CAD. It's opaque in one swipe and is not for the faint of heart. It's brighter than what it looks like in the tube. After a couple of wears, I have mastered the perfect method to all day wear. First, I use my ring finger to dab a bit on to create a base (or if I have a few extra minutes, I'll use OCC lip liner in hoochie), then apply the lipstick from the tube, blot, apply another layer, then apply blistex lip medex (tube version) with a lip brush to the center of my lips (chronic dry lips syndrome) and finally Buxom lip cream in kir royale to achieve that glossy sheen. The wear time is ridiculous, it'll last a full eight hour work day without feathering. Also, it becomes a beautiful stain which I use Bioderma to remove it at the end of the day. I've received multiple compliments with this combination. I understand why it's a cult favourite. This is HG status for me, will repurchase when I run out which should be soon since I'll be rocking it into winter.

on 10/22/2014 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this lipstick so so much! It looks great with my tan skin tone, and i can imagine this will look good on anyone.
It doesn't dry my lips at all, and it lasts for a good 8 to 9 hours on me. When i use MACs lip primer, it lasts even longer.
If I had to say one negative thing about Rebel, it would be that the lips definitely gets stained, and it can be a hassle to get off, but I don't really mind at all. I will without a doubt buy this product again, its worth the money!
This is the perfect berry-colored lipstick for fall (although I'll be using it all year!), its not too dark but not too bright either. This is the only Satin lipstick from MAC I own, since i prefer the matte/retro matte ones, but I am so in love with both the texture and the finish!

on 10/18/2014 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Purchased this for my Mom as she wanted a color like this for fall & loves MAC. Color no where near as bold as it looks & goes on lighter which in her case is good.She likes the way this is opaque with one swipe. As with any lipstick make sure your use a moisturizer 1st on your lips. This color is an exact dupe for WNW Sugar Plum except WNW is a matte as I swatched both side by side. If you have Victoria Secret Lavish matter lipstick that also is a dupe.It really is a gorgeous color,not for me but is great for her especially for $16 when there so many dupes.

Popular Lipsticks