MAC Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

4.4

My absolute favorite red from MAC. I walked in MAC one day to restock on must haves and this awesome sales girl tested it on me and I fell in love. My husband hates makeup and I mean hates it despite my obsession but when I have MAC Red on he's all compliments.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

MAC Red is gorgeous! Delicious blue-red goodness with a satin finish. I went through a phase where this was the only red I wore and all my other reds were sad and were getting no love.
Others whom prefer creamy lipsticks will adore this. If you're looking for a red other than the always recommended Ruby Woo or Russian Red because you prefer a creamier lipstick, then this is it. I usually blot it, however, as I prefer mattes. But I don't mind it. I'm slowly starting to accept that not all reds can be matte. ;_;

on 12/30/2013 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am a red lipstick lover and my HG red is Russian Red, but I wanted to get a couple more to add to my collection. So, I recently went to the MAC counter to purchase some new red lippies. I tried this one on because I love Satin lipsticks. They apply so smoothly, are fully opaque, very pigmented, last a long time, and have a slight sheen to them, so they don't look too flat on your lips. I immediately fell in love with this color, its gorgeous! I dont understand why this one isn't as talked about as some of the other MAC red lipsticks. It's a vivid, blue red that has a slight pink hue to it. I got the Cherry lip pencil to go with it, and together they look like a Satin version of Ruby Woo. For me that is a good thing, I loved the color of Ruby Woo, but I couldn't handle the dry, Retro Matte finish of it. It's slightly brighter, and pinker than Russian Red. I think I now have a second HG red. I recommend using a lip pencil, and blotting with a tissue. Red lipsticks are a little more high maintenance, but the end result is worth the extra couple minutes it takes.

on 12/2/2013 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I think this is my favourite red lipstick. It's not totally matte, but it's not shimmery. It has a nice slightly glossy finish. It's smooth and opaque. The colour is a very true, bright red.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my holy grail red lipstick. It goes with everything; it flatters my skintone (which is quite reddish); the finish is incredible, lustrous and dewy, the perfect balance between glossy and matte. Even on dry lips, it looks good. I pair it with lip primer and it lasts for hours and hours - no need for liner, although it's an option for those who do not want to reapply.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I happen to come across this in my stash having never used it.....along with a few other items. It was love at first sight as soon as I saw it on my lips. Love,love,love!! Since its a satin its not drying on the lips like the matte formula but it isnt super shiny like the creamsheen. I love red lippies against my NC45 skintone so I'm absolutely comfortable wearing this during the day even though its not like my more subtle subdued reds (NARS Cruella for example). I see this shade taking me into fall/winter.

on 5/27/2013 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I am still on the fence with this. I don't know if it is the MAC Cherry lip liner that is making it look like just too much on me, or if it is the lipstick itself-which I love~! I just do not know if I like it on me! Will update. I think I may return the lip liner & use a different one, with this-maybe the Maybeline red which I was going to return. I love MAC lip liners & they are probably the best out there-but I think the Cherry with this, on me is too much!

I was so excited about getting my first MAC lipstick and decided to go for 'MAC red'. I have to say, it is lovely! Compliments my lips and has the right consistency and texture. I would even wear this during the day! The only thing that has made me give it a rating 4 'lipsticks' instead of 5 is because I find it comes out a tad pink instead of striking red so I would like to try the shade 'ruby woo woo' because I think I would prefer the shade of red. However I do love it!

on 3/28/2013 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Omg! I love this red lipstick...it gives me a very sexy pout and its so comfortable to wear its not overly drying like ruby woo. I pair it with cherry lip pencil and I am on my way!!!!

on 3/13/2013 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love it. I fell in love with it the moment I tried it on. And I was pleasantly surprised when it lasted after I went out to dinner with friends. Of course it didn't look recently put on, but it was still there, and not in a messy way. I have warm undertones by the way, but it does go with my skin beautifully.

Recommended for Medium Skin