November 26, 2014 | 1693 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by caffeinegenie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my holy grail red lipstick. It goes with everything; it flatters my skintone (which is quite reddish); the finish is incredible, lustrous and dewy, the perfect balance between glossy and matte. Even on dry lips, it looks good. I pair it with lip primer and it lasts for hours and hours - no need for liner, although it's an option for those who do not want to reapply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I happen to come across this in my stash having never used it.....along with a few other items. It was love at first sight as soon as I saw it on my lips. Love,love,love!! Since its a satin its not drying on the lips like the matte formula but it isnt super shiny like the creamsheen. I love red lippies against my NC45 skintone so I'm absolutely comfortable wearing this during the day even though its not like my more subtle subdued reds (NARS Cruella for example). I see this shade taking me into fall/winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am still on the fence with this. I don't know if it is the MAC Cherry lip liner that is making it look like just too much on me, or if it is the lipstick itself-which I love~! I just do not know if I like it on me! Will update. I think I may return the lip liner & use a different one, with this-maybe the Maybeline red which I was going to return. I love MAC lip liners & they are probably the best out there-but I think the Cherry with this, on me is too much!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by lucyrobertson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited about getting my first MAC lipstick and decided to go for 'MAC red'. I have to say, it is lovely! Compliments my lips and has the right consistency and texture. I would even wear this during the day! The only thing that has made me give it a rating 4 'lipsticks' instead of 5 is because I find it comes out a tad pink instead of striking red so I would like to try the shade 'ruby woo woo' because I think I would prefer the shade of red. However I do love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Labellareina

Omg! I love this red lipstick...it gives me a very sexy pout and its so comfortable to wear its not overly drying like ruby woo. I pair it with cherry lip pencil and I am on my way!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by liquidxtopaz

Absolutely love it. I fell in love with it the moment I tried it on. And I was pleasantly surprised when it lasted after I went out to dinner with friends. Of course it didn't look recently put on, but it was still there, and not in a messy way. I have warm undertones by the way, but it does go with my skin beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous, classic color that can look good on ANYONE. People say it's very cool or "bluish", but on my skin it brings out all the golden undertones in my complexion! It's creamy, long wearing, and just beautiful, so it's a win-win all around!
It's also probably the brightest true red MAC has to offer.
And it can sometimes look glossy.
And it's hydrating.
And I love it.
The End.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by SaraMaquillaje

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shade
Amazing bluish red, vibrant, makes my NC15 skin glow
However, the staying power is not fantastic (although it can resist drinking). The big flaw is that for me it is very drying. I cannot use it two days in a row I get terribly parched lips.
However, it is fantastic to use it sparingly. If you have fair skin with cool undertones you should get this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by meganterese

This is a FANTASTIC shade of red. I went to MAC looking for a red lipstick to go with my Halloween costume, and this is a red that I would use for everyday wear. I didn't want a red with any orange in it, and this is perfect. Plus, it's great that you can get lipstick for free with the Back 2 MAC program. I have light skin and blonde hair and LOVE this color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually work for MAC, and up until recently I've owned every red lipstick from MAC and NARS with the exception of NARS Fire Down Below, MAC's Diva and MAC Red....well, I decided I wanted MAC Red too after putting it on a customer with Kiss Me Quick prolongwear lipliner. I loved the way it looked and decided....hey, whats ONE more red lipstick!?!? Usually My "go to" reds are NARS Dragon Girl (LOVE) and MAC Viva Glam I. Those are my two top reds. Well, MAC Red is kind of a game changer for me because now THIS may be my top red. It's a true blue based red that is viberant and makes you stand out from the crowd. Whitens teeth and it's a color you can throw on and you just look done. You don't even need any other makeup. I've put this on everyone from the lightest NC15 customer all the way up to NW55 and it honestly looks good on almost everyone, unless you carry a TON of pink if your skin...then it can clash a lil. It really is a BOLD red though, I wouldn't consider this a starter red for most people. If you like the tone but what something not so "in your face" MAC Ladybug would be a better choice due to a more sheer finish. I have to tell you, if you do choose MAC Red prepare to be noticed! I had, Im not kidding, every single person I cross, tell me that MAC Red looks great on me, and its "my" red, or how great I look when I where it. I never had any makeup product get so much attention before I was truely shocked! (In a good way, of course!) So, if you're looking for a bold, traffic stopping red....this is def worth giving a try! I hope it makes other people feel as glam as it does me when I wear it!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No