Dior Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (3.00%), Titanium Dioxide (4.35%); Other Ingredients: Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Vinyl Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Cross Polymer, Isododecane, Dimethiconol/Methylsilanol/Silicate Cross Polymer, Stearic Acid, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Undecyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/VA Copolymer, Silica Silylate, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Fragrance, Dimethicone, BHT, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Sericin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Glycerin, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Rhodochrosite Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Hydrolyzed Linseed Extract, Citronellol Balanites, Roxburghi Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Ajuga Turkestanica Extract. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

on 5/27/2014 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the packaging! It's quite classy hihi. I have bought this foundation 2 years ago, It was my first foundation ever, and I didn't know what to expect. I think this foundation is better than a drug store foundation, but the results are quite average. I had a dry skin, and this foundation didn't handle it. ( flakes everywhere on my face). The foundation didn't stay in place all day. But after all this is a great foundation for oily and combination skin. And the package is wonderfull!

on 5/19/2014 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I would have loved it, but it does contain alcohol, which in the end won't help my dry skin..too bad, the texture is smooth and light, but it had noticed it dried out fast on my skin, now I know why...I will stick to Chanel vitalumiere..I think for young combination skins, this would work just fine, the choice of colors is good..dry and mature skins should avoid that one though.

on 5/3/2014 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin, and this was a good foundation for the time i had it on. Stayed put for at least 5 hours. Did not settle into pores/fine lines.
Nice finish, not too matte, looked good on for one hour, until it OXIDIZED.
I was matched with 020 and it oxidized after about an hour- it was brown/orange tinted, and i tried 021- linen, and it was way too yellow.
Scent was mild compared to some other foundations i have tried.
Way too expensive for end result.

on 4/13/2014 4:29:00 PM

Its very hard for me to be satisfied with a foundation, but I really like this one.

Coverage is very buildable from Sheer to medium (but nothing more). It is important that you build thin layers instead of applying them at once to look natural.

Color range is pretty limited, but for my NC15~20 ish skin, Creme 011 is a great match. it also blends in with the skin so a slightly off color won't look so obvious

Price I think it really fair for a Dior product and for the quality of it. YSL, Guerlain and Giorgio Armani should be priced this way too..

I have no problem with it accentuating pores or fine lines, but I can't say that it covers them well and smooths out the skin. its one of the better ones though.
It does however accentuate dry patches. so moisturize and exfoliate very well

Lasting powder on me was pretty good. But I blot access oil of my sunscreen before I put the primer on.. and I have dry skin that doesn't produce oil throughout the day..
It lasted 8 hours without oxidizing, becoming patchy or disappearing.

Unlike its name, the foundation itself isn't very dewy. it has a subtle inner glow that's a bit more radiant than Nars sheer glow. It's satin finish gives it a tiny bit of sticky texture when its set.

I gave it 4 lippies because
1. It accentuates dry patches on dry skin and isn't very long lasting on oily skin
2. it breaks me out a tiny bit everytime I wear it
3. the packaging gets a bit messy with finger prints

on 3/25/2014 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have a love/hate relationship with foundation, tinted moisturizer and foundation sticks. I have good skin with no real imperfections except for the occasional pimple every month or so. I have used LM Tinted Moistruizer in Sand for years with no real udnerstanding as to why I was using it b/c it did not really do anything, Chanel Vitalumiere, Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation and Tom Ford Foundation Stick. BB was too heavy for me and Chanel was nice and I would probably rebuy, Tom Ford Foundation Stick I use for special evenings (black tie and etc) for the perfect, polished, finished face and I use it for concealor. Okay so Dior Skin Nude...I was matched at Sephora and I really like how nice it feels on my skin and it just evened me out and looked finished. This will be great for my every day work environment (I wear suits everyday). It is $49 but that is about typical for high end foundation and I am comfortable paying this price for a product that works well and delivers the expected results

on 3/5/2014 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my favorite foundations. SUPER expensive, but you probably already knew that. Mine is in the shade 031(Sand) and it took me about three tries to get the shade right. I am NC25/30 and this works really well for me. It's so difficult for me to find a hydrating, but not greasy foundation at the drugstore. I alternate this with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, Chanel Vitalumiere, YSL Touche Eclat, Smashbox Liquid Halo, Lancome Teint Miracle, Guerlain Parure De Lumière, and NARS Sheer Glow. Yes, they are all high end and they are all comparable in what I want in a foundation; luminous (but not greasy), hydrating, and lightweight. The only drugstore foundation that comes close is the L'Oreal True Match Lumi. The packaging is absolutely beautiful too. UPDATE: Recently found out this has a lot of alcohol and my skin is dry AND dehydrated. Right now I can't use it because of that, and I doubt I ever really will.

on 2/21/2014 4:54:00 PM

EDIT: End of day 4 ... whiteheads.
------------
It's almost great for me. The color match (Sephora's new machine thingey) looked too light ... but after wearing for a bit (1/2 hour) it was a pretty good match.

Have used the generous sample for 3 days now ... by now I'd have broken out if that was going to happen with this foundation. My skin is acne prone and sensitive. No breakouts.

The finish is light and buildable. I use a makeup brush and apply lightly which looks better on my more mature skin. It doesn't cover major redness, scars, etc. ... with heavier application, well, it looks like I've tried to cover something - draws attention to those areas.

Here's why I probably won't buy it. The finish is dull and quite 'flat'. Not that I want too much glow ... but it's definitely more matte than dewy. To me, it makes any flakiness or larger pores stand out. Also, at my age ... I need help with 'natural glow' ;-)

That said, it's the best I've tried so far (done all the DS brands) and some others.

So I'm still looking for something to replace Smashbox's Tinted Moisturizer (discont.) ... loved the glow that gave me. Not heavy coverage, but just enough to make my skin look better than bare.

on 1/31/2014 10:09:00 AM

I have been using this foundation for a few months now. I loved the old formula so I was so afraid that Dior had ruined a great foundation. The main difference between the two formula is the new formula isn't as good on drier skin. Make sure you prep the skin with a good moisturiser before applying. Girls with very dry skin should look elsewhere. I have tested it in winter and summer. I am impressed with its lasting power (entire work day) after setting with powder, even though it's not marketed as a long lasting foundation like Diorskin Forever. It's not transfer resistant or water resistant. I find that it does have some oil control ability but it can still slide a little on a very hot day. It's very blendable using fingers or brush. Compared to the cheaper Revlon Nearly Naked dupe, the Dior seems to diffuse my blemishes way better to give me MSBB look. This remains my HG for cooler months and also shade 021 is my perfect match..

on 1/9/2014 4:51:00 AM

This foundation is definitely for night time/going out only. It stays on for 6-8 hours and doesn't rub off. Satin finish is beautiful. Really gives a done-up look to the face but i find it makes me look older and feels heavy on the skin.

Overall i think its a nice foundation for oilier/normal skin types and anyone dry should stay away. Looks amazing initially but after 30+minutes it settled into lines i didnt even know i had. Wish it would have worked out!

on 12/6/2013 5:52:00 PM

I have had this on for the first time today for about 5 hours so far. I bought Light Beige 020. I would say this is a satin matte finish. It also has a dry but silky texture. I'm oily with some fine lines and wrinkles and a somewhat uneven complexion that still breaks out occasionally. This has superior coverage, goes on very smoothly but has a very makeup'y look. I mean it looks like your wearing foundation. It surprised me because I thought it would be a sheerer moist foundation, I mean c'mon Nude Glow. Even with my oily skin I don't get the glow part. I would compare it to some of Lancome's foundations like the reformulated Tient Idole. In fact when I got it home I did a side by side comparison of this and Lancomes Renergie Lift. The Renergie had more of a glow, still more satiny despite it having a drier texture like Nude Skin. The color 020 has a slight pink edge but it is neutral enough that I could pull it off. The other match (Linen) was too yellow even with my yellow undertone.
Also as a side note I just read that this foundation contains alcohol. I remember using the Tient Idole when the new one came out and had redness and irritation all the time from the alcohol in it. I will continue to use it and see how it goes but will probably stick with Renergie.