April 21, 2014 | 1278 users online

BB Cream - Etude - Etude House Precious Minerals Bright Fit BB cream SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by minminXP

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love love this BB Cream. I'm a huge fan of BB Creams, and I always wear it instead of foundation. I've tried several brands before, but this BB cream is the best that I have ever used!

It stays on for pretty long, and doesn't run, unlike some other brands that I could mention. It offers pretty good coverage and isn't very pricey. I bought this when I was in Korean and it was only about 15-17 SGD, and it's a pretty big tube too.

The shade is perfect for my skin, and it's very easy to apply by blending in with fingers. It gives a very natural, dewy look. Set it with powder and it looks amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Heartfillia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used a sample, it was good. Definetely buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by tinka10

I highly recommend this for those with dry skin because it's so moisturising, but oily skin people steer clear! During the cooler months when my skin was a little dryer this BB cream was wonderful. Really easy to blend, light coverage, and is one of the most buildable BB creams I've used that doesn't accentuate any dry patches or make your skin appear cakey. I love the dewy finish! However, now that Spring is here my skin has reverted back to being oily, it doesn't look or feel that same anymore. Give it another six months and I'll be able to wear it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by selenajung

ok, i love etude house product but not for this one. it makes my face breakouts after several hours use it. would not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Hausdefab

Just using for 2 days.I find it gives a natural finish to skin. in term of oil control, i find it can hold for 3-4 hours. which is normal for a bb cream. its quite runny texture and watery. so blending quite easy. its promise anti darkening and anti wrinkle. i personally found it bright my face and didnt crease on my laugh lines. i had to touch up when my oily t-zone got shiny. i found it this bb cream didnt transfer as much as my foundation. and most importantly, it did not break me out. for the price range in Malaysia its retail at RM89.90. i bought it at Etude House store.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by msyu

I tried this bb cream when it first came out and it was the first etude house bb cream I tried. I used the color #2, which looked natural on my skintone. I like the fact that this bb cream covers well, almost like a foundation. The wear time was also good I think the only thing I did not like was the fact that it made my face oilier after a few hours. Maybe if I wore powder with it, it would not have been oily. The color range is good, the pump is good-I used less than 1 pump per application and it covered to my satisfaction with less than 1 pump. I would buy this again because it's so cheap and does what it supposed to,

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by wenqing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried lots of BB creams and this one is by far my least favorite. The pigmentation is pretty dense meaning the coverage is decent, but it seems to never blend into and adheres to the skin well like other bb creams, it just sits on top of the skin looking unnatural. And I find that the synthetic fragrance rather irritating. The color N02 is peachy toned and a bit darker than my NC15 skintone. If anyone wants to try BB creams from asian brands, hanskin, dr.jart+, BRTC, heynature(all korean brands), ci:labo, kanebo(both japanese brands) are much better choices. And there's one called Total Age Repair BB cream from the same brand Etude House is actually much better than this one(still not one of my favorites). Gave it 2 lippies bc the packaging is just perfect, the pump functions well. bought it from Korea the price can be considered cheap but still not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by cicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It covers very well so with this product I never use foundation anymore:) BB creams help regenerate to skin so I always use Etude House precious minerals Bright fit BB cream in no02:)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by pec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

PRODUCT BACKSTORY:

Etude House Precious Minerals BB Cream used be the "All Day Strong" variant. There were 3 colours, and each colour was for a different skin type. #1 Sheer Silky Skin was the palest, was for oily skin and provided a matte finish. #2 Sheer Glowing Skin was the next colour up, was for dry skin and provided a dewy finish. #3 Sheer Flawless Skin was the darkest colour, was for dry skin and provided a dewy finish. Consumers were unhappy because if they had oily skin that was darker in colour, they missed out; if they had dry skin that was paler, they missed out. Etude House discontinued that line of BB Creams and replaced it with 2 new variants: Bright Fit (dry skin, dewy finish) and Cotton Fit (oily skin, matte finish). So now everyone is covered as both lines of BB Creams have several colour choices. Also, people often get confused by 2 of the products 3 claims: Whitening and Anti Darkening. They do not mean the same thing.
Whitening: The product contains Arbutin, which is an ingredient that can lighten pigmentation (freckles, acne scars etc) over time.
Anti Darkening: This BB Cream does not oxidise like other BB Creams do (the "adapts to your skintone" claim that most BB Creams tout), so once it sets it stays that colour all day.

REVIEW:

I loved Precious Minerals All Day Strong BB Cream - #1 was actually pale enough for me (Skin79, Skinfood, Hanskin BB Creams are all WAY too dark for me); during Summer I could skip moisturiser and just use the BB Cream, during Winter I just had to moisturise before using the BB Cream and it would glide across my skin; medium to full coverage; healed my pimples within 3 days of use; lightended my scars & freckles over months of use. I was devastated when it was discontinued but happily and hopefully purchased it's replacement, Bright Fit BB Cream.

I bought the palest shade N02 and was horrified to find that it was WAY too dark and peachy/orange! I used it once and gave it away to a friend who is a little darker than me. The day that I wore it at home while cleaning, I noticed these few points:

*Same practical and functional packaging as its predecessor, a squeeze tube with pump. I noticed this cap fits more snugly than the old version - I had a mishap when travelling with the All Day Strong and the cap popped off. Something pressed down on the pump and BB Cream oozed all over my makeup bag.
*Pump is easy to control and dispenses a great amount of product. One pump is enough for my entire face, with no leftover product. If you want lighter coverage, it is very easy to pump down slowly to dispense a lesser amount
*Same powdery sunscreen scent as the All Day Strong variant which dissipates once you finish application
*Very easy to apply and blend on washed but not moisturised skin
*Fantastic coverage - medium to full
*Lovely satin finish
*Did not feel heavy on my skin. I frown when cleaning (I think I do that because I'm scrubbing hard haha) and didn't feel like my face cracked
*Hydrating enough to skip moisturiser
*Held up well throughout my sweaty housework - I dabbed the sweat off over the day, but the pigmentation stayed

Overall, I previously had a fantastic experience with Etude House BB Cream but unfortunately I am too pale to wear this Bright Fit BB Cream. If you have normal to dry skin this BB Cream will be fantastic for you. Oily skin might find it too hydrating. In that case I would suggest trying the Cotton Fit BB Cream (though I have yet to try that one). I also hear that Cotton Fit runs lighter in colour, which makes sense seeing as matte finish products usually run lighter than their hydrating counterparts. If you can wear Revlon Colorstay in Ivory or Buff, you shouldn't have any problems with this BB Cream in N02. If you are still unsure, you can purchase sample sachets from ebay to test the colour before committing to a full sized tube.

Also, I highly recommend an oil cleanser to remove facial makeup, whether it be BB Cream or foundation. Regular makeup removers don't clear everything away. You can even just use Extra Virgin Olive Oil if you don't want to purchase an Oil Cleanser. The oil breaks down ALL the makeup on your skin so it washes away leaving no residual product. Please don't forget to double cleanse (Oil Cleanse to remove the makeup then follow up with your regular cleanser).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by vyuen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Have been using this bb cream for 2 years now on regular basis. I have tried other brands including Holika Holika, Tony moly, Skin 79, Missha, Innsfree, Nature Republic and Skinfood.

Overall, this works well and gives me sheer to medium coverage (if I layer it). It lasts me a good 8 hours at the office without the need to touch up, which is great for me. All I need is to powder a little at my forehead & t-zone around 12 noon, and I am good to go till 5 to 6pm in the evening.

A pea size covers my whole face and my 50ml full size tube last me for A LONG TIME! The price is really worth it for this reason. The tube is good for 2 to 3 years as Korean make up marked their manufacture date (MFD), and some are now started to put the actual expiration date on their tubes. Regardless, you get 2 years out of the tube if opened, and 3 years if sealed, unopened.

I have NC25 shade (MAC foundation) so W13 works well for me. This bb cream has 4 shades so it gives a wider range for others who has a warmer/medium skin tone.

The price is reasonable for the size you get and as much as this is not a super fancy bb creams compare to other brands or others in this brand, it works fine for my daily use.
Will continue to repurchase & this has become my stable bb cream.