April 18, 2014 | 1778 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Saddle

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by waffles85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Perfect everyday use eyeshadow for your entire crease. Blends beautifully, shows up amazing on my skin color (NC40-42). Can be combined with a plethora of lid colors. Just sweep this all over your crease roughly and pack any shimmery color on your lid and boom you look like a makeup artist :)
I've used this color in a makeup tutorial so check it out if you're interested in a demonstration of how to use it, or for ideas :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

I think I found another HG eye shadow! I'm in love with Saddle! It is the perfect crease shade for me. My other HG is Stila Golightly eye shadow and I often just put that all over my lid and go in the mornings. My new favorite look is Golightly on the lid and Saddle in the crease. I feel so pretty when I use Saddle in the crease and get compliments as well. It's kind of a rich terra cotta brown shade. Looks good with many eye shadows. Funny because it looks so orange brown in the pan and similar to Texture I was hesitant to try it at first. There is something about it that makes my eyes pop and gives depth to my eyes without working hard. So easy to blend as well even though it's matte. It's darker than cork and more vibrant. Will repurchase over and over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Saddle is a very warm orangey matte brown that looks absolutely gorgeous with blue and green eyes. It is in the same color family as Soft Brown and Texture, but not a dupe for either. I think Saddle is one of MAC's better Matte eyeshadows and it has great pigmentation and it blends especially well. My favorite look is All That Glitters on the lid, Soft Brown to transition, Saddle in the crease and Vanilla to highlight. I also like to wear Saddle on the lower lashline. It really helps to bring out my green eyes. I am NC15 in the winter and NC20 in the summer and it looks great no matter how fair or tan I am. I have seen Saddle used as a transition on deeper skintones, especially woc and it looks beautiful. I would definitely repurchase and would recommend it to just about anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by nickiluvsu33

I love this so much! For some reason I stopped using it for a while, but Im so glad I rediscovered it.. It's a reddy orangy brown that looks great in the crease or I like to smoke it out under my black liner on the bottom lash line, it looks amazing like that but has many more uses IMO. I have hazelish brown eyes but this would look great with blue eyes I think! I will def repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 4:43:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous matte reddish orange/brown color. Perfect color for defining the crease. I love wearing this color with a neutral eye or using it as a blending color for bronzy looks! Def would repurchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Saddle is a really nice contouring shadow. Very smooth and easy to work with.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Liddy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a medium brown eyeshadow that is a truly beautiful warm brown colour. I use it as a shadow eyeliner and in the crease and it's just stunning. My only complaint would be I wish there was no talc in it but other than that you can't go wrong with this!
EDIT: In the end I've found saddle just too red for me. It just makes my eyes look tired.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This shadow was recommended to me by a MAC artist when I was shopping for a brow powder to match/compliment my dyed red hair. Prior to this powder I was using NYX Eyebrow Powder in Auburn/Red, but I hit pan and NYX is really hard to find in Canada and I usually have to order NYX online. MAC's Saddle is the perfect brow powder for me as it's matte, pigmented, completely blends into my brows to fill in the gaps and sparseness, and matches my red hair perfectly.

After using it for my brows I have also experimented with it as an actual shadow on my lids. It too looks and works great as a shadow for my complexion. Blends easily and plays well with many other neutrals and browns in my collection.

Overall I'm very happy with this shadow and will never repurchase NYX brow powder again after finding Saddle and discovering it's versatility.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Makamae97

My HG!!!

For reference I am Mac NC42. Use this everyday!!! Just a little on the eyes to get a tint of color with a highlight to brow bone, mascara and eyes done. When I want a little dramatic smokey effect I add some black eyeliner to waterline and on top lid with a little black shadow & saddle under eyes and get compliments frequently.

Staple in makeup!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by FThomas24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my go-to crease colors when applying my eye shadows.