La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.5

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter), Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/2/2014 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this stuff! Works great as a night time moisturiser for oily skin! Ive been using this in the day for winter but for summer this will go back as my night cream. This is a lighter version of the original which i also love but still hydrates enough. Calms my redness and i can see a visible effect on my skin! I have oily skin and don't find this heavy when used at night! Will continue to repurchase!!

on 1/7/2014 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am incredibly oily and use various products to deal with large pores and acne. Unfortunately, I feel like I need a heavier moisturizer at night to combat the lines and wrinkles that come with age, not to mention the surface flakiness I get from from using Retin-A...I received a sample of this soft cream and started using it at night after applying topical acne meds or serums. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my skin would be soft in the morning, my pores felt tightened and less clogged than normal. I have tried various night creams made by: Avon, Oil of Olay, Fresh, Korres, NUDE, Amore Pacific, Algenist, Clarins, Dior, First Aid Beauty, Sunday Riley, Peter Thomas Roth, Boscia, Bare Minerals, Caudalie, Murad, Ole Heinricksen and Philosophy--They all either clogged my pores or caused blemishes. This La Mer product has been the best for me...So far, the only drawback is the price. But, the ladies at the LM counter at Nordstrom are very generous with samples and a little goes a long way. This is too heavy to be my day-time moisturizer, but it is perfect for bed time.

on 10/4/2013 5:04:00 PM

Man, oh man... I tried for so long to avoid this stuff because of the price, and I was afraid I would like it...but finally gave in and decided to give it a try. I LOVE this stuff. I didn't want to develop a $160.00 a month habit, but this stuff really helped me a lot with my dry patches and some dark spots. It really helps refresh my skin. You only need a small amount of it so you don't run out too quickly. I tried the thicker cream, but didn't like consistency and didn't feel like it went on smoothly. This stuff really is worth it if you have the money to splurge.

on 9/21/2013 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this cream for a week now, day and night. I absolutely lev it.

My skin is glowing, more hydrated, pores look smaller and skin is super plump and soft.

I have used all the top end brands, La prairie, Estée Lauder, bionova, lancome, revive and many more including creams with peptides growth factors etc etc... this works better than all of them and has no side affects.....

this along with By terry products are the only products I find make a real difference...

on 7/8/2013 5:35:00 AM

I really wanted to like this cream! I wanted to buy into the cult of La Mer. I liked this cream but wasn't entirely amazed. It is meant to be the softer version of the cult classic, but I found this cream to be very rich and thick, which left me so confused - if THIS is the lighter version, how can people be using the classic? Aside from this, I found it to be very hydrating and made my skin feel very supple, but for NZ$300 for a 30ml jar? No thank you. You can find a product with similar moisturising benefits for a fraction of the price. Nice cream but not for that price.

on 5/20/2013 2:09:00 PM

This past winter really taught me a lot about skincare. I've always been one of those people who had great skin without much effort. I've been very lucky but I guess my luck had run out. I didn't know that you were supposed to change your skincare routine with the seasons - I was using the exact same moisturizer, cleanser and night cream all throughout the year! This was never a problem until last year. Now that I'm in my 30s, my skin can no longer keep up with the seasons without help. My skin got so dry this winter - it started flaking. This has never happened to me before even on days that I didn't wear moisturizer. I always thought of La Mer as this miracle cream that would solve all of your skincare problems. So I ran to the nearest Holt Renfrew to me and went to the La Mer counter. I told the SA all of my issues and she looked at my face through that cosmetic magnifying glass thing and she said that I didn't need the regular La Mer but the Moisturizing Soft Cream. So I purchased it and immediately started using it. It worked well at first - you only need a little of it. I love the packaging - its gorgeous. The smell is amazing and I love the little spatula it came with. At first I was only using it as a night cream since it didn't have any spf. The dryness went away but then came back. So I started using it morning and night and used a Clinique sunscreen on top. It works well when used twice a day. However, using it twice a day means you run out of product faster (duh). Now I know that I should've researched more about other products instead of going straight to La Mer but in a way, I'm glad that I did because now I know that La Mer is just like any other brand. I guess if it works for you and you have the money to shell out for it, then great. But for me, it doesn't quite cut it. There's nothing wrong with it - its just less than what I was expecting. And I do feel that if I use the regular La Mer, it would be too rich for me. So overall, I will not be repurchasing.

on 5/20/2013 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have combination sensitive skin. The texture of this is much lighter than the original, almost fluid like and is very easy to spread. However, it made my skin look very shiny, yet at the same time it felt slightly dehydrated too (tight) I also found it not very soothing, and seemed to make any red patches on my face more irritated. I am sending this back. I also had a terrible reaction to their cleansing fluid so I will be staying far away from this line in future.

on 5/5/2013 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of the best moisturizers I have ever come across with. I have been using Skin caviar by La Prarie for a long time and lately switched to La Mer soft cream. the product is expensive but a little goes a long way. Im still on my first jar after 5 months. My skin is looking so good: moisturized, luminous, and wrinkle free. I can't imagine any kind of substitute to this incredible cream. it takes some time to see its benefits (a couple of months) but ones you start noticing them you will be glad u stuck to the jar for so long.

on 4/5/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am a loyal user of the original CDLM and it's been great for my dry skin. Although my t-zone is normal the original worked fine on all areas of my face. I also don't mind warming up the product on my finger tips and patting it on. This newer formulation Soft Cream feels nice on my skin right after application, and it requires no warming up. I used several samples of this over the course of 6 weeks and I found that have to use quite a bit more product compared to the original formulation, otherwise it is not rich enough and throughout the day my skin does not feel properly hydrated and I even needed to reapply. Given its creamy consistency, the Soft Cream should be packaged in a tube in my opinion, which would be a lot more hygienic and would also protect the expensive contents better against oxidation. Overall I will not purchase the Soft Cream, but continue with the tried and true Creme which works best for me.

on 3/26/2013 11:39:00 PM

I want this product to work as it claims so bad. I have used shiseido products for more than 10 years. I thought I would check out La Mer as I age. But, sadly, it is not working. I have combination sensitive skin. It's kind of oily on spring hot days and during summer. I have been using La Mer products for 6 months now. I have also used La Mer original cream, which slightly more moisturize than the soft cream. Other than that, the rest of the effects are same to me.
So, I will start with positive effects on my skin.
Does it break me out? NO, it doesn't.
Does it help shrinking my pores? Yes, it does. My pores seem tighter.
Does it have soothing effect? Yes, it does.
Is it moisturizing enough? NO, it doesn't. I have to use more than the SA recommended. After a few hours (1-2 hrs), I feel like I need to put it on again. Instead of moist and smooth appearance, my skin looks dry, dull, and some kind of white dusts seem sitting on my face. When I put it on again, just a layer of oil sits on my face. No glow at all. I do not wear foundation. For some occasions, I wear Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer which didn't go on smoothly with this La Mer soft cream.
Does it help with dark acne spot? NO, it doesn't. It doesn't darken my spots but it doesn't help in any way either.
What about the fine lines and wrinkles? I have noticed more fine lines on my forehead and around my lips when I smile. I didn't have those fine lines before I used La Mer. I don't know I age fast during 6 month period of using La Mer or it is because of La Mer.
So, I have decided to stop using it starting from today. I don't have large pores to begin with. So just tightening my pores is not worth the price. I will use the rest on my hand. I will not buy it again. I will not recommend it to anyone. Going back to where I belongs to.

Update on April 1st: So I stopped using La Mer and have gone back to using Shiseido. I've noticed my skin becomes smoother and my fine lines on my forehead become less noticeable. My skin has gone back to glowing and smooth. Dryness has gone away. I am a happy person again. I went to shopping at Nordstrom yesterday and visited some cosmetic counters. Some salse associates asked me what kind of skincare products I was using because they thought I had great skin. I just wear Shiseido serum & cream, Bobbi brown concealer, and Chanel powder. So, if you want to try La Mer, try it. Just do not have a high hope that it is a miracle product. There is nothing miracle about it, imao. If you want to try, be prepared to do exfoliation more often.