October 24, 2014 | 940 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - The Moisturizing Soft Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 5:12:00 AM More reviews by RENAYAS

I have been using this cream for a week now, day and night. I absolutely lev it.

My skin is glowing, more hydrated, pores look smaller and skin is super plump and soft.

I have used all the top end brands, La prairie, Estée Lauder, bionova, lancome, revive and many more including creams with peptides growth factors etc etc... this works better than all of them and has no side affects.....

this along with By terry products are the only products I find make a real difference...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by pauvres

I really wanted to like this cream! I wanted to buy into the cult of La Mer. I liked this cream but wasn't entirely amazed. It is meant to be the softer version of the cult classic, but I found this cream to be very rich and thick, which left me so confused - if THIS is the lighter version, how can people be using the classic? Aside from this, I found it to be very hydrating and made my skin feel very supple, but for NZ$300 for a 30ml jar? No thank you. You can find a product with similar moisturising benefits for a fraction of the price. Nice cream but not for that price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by kaq009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This past winter really taught me a lot about skincare. I've always been one of those people who had great skin without much effort. I've been very lucky but I guess my luck had run out. I didn't know that you were supposed to change your skincare routine with the seasons - I was using the exact same moisturizer, cleanser and night cream all throughout the year! This was never a problem until last year. Now that I'm in my 30s, my skin can no longer keep up with the seasons without help. My skin got so dry this winter - it started flaking. This has never happened to me before even on days that I didn't wear moisturizer. I always thought of La Mer as this miracle cream that would solve all of your skincare problems. So I ran to the nearest Holt Renfrew to me and went to the La Mer counter. I told the SA all of my issues and she looked at my face through that cosmetic magnifying glass thing and she said that I didn't need the regular La Mer but the Moisturizing Soft Cream. So I purchased it and immediately started using it. It worked well at first - you only need a little of it. I love the packaging - its gorgeous. The smell is amazing and I love the little spatula it came with. At first I was only using it as a night cream since it didn't have any spf. The dryness went away but then came back. So I started using it morning and night and used a Clinique sunscreen on top. It works well when used twice a day. However, using it twice a day means you run out of product faster (duh). Now I know that I should've researched more about other products instead of going straight to La Mer but in a way, I'm glad that I did because now I know that La Mer is just like any other brand. I guess if it works for you and you have the money to shell out for it, then great. But for me, it doesn't quite cut it. There's nothing wrong with it - its just less than what I was expecting. And I do feel that if I use the regular La Mer, it would be too rich for me. So overall, I will not be repurchasing.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have combination sensitive skin. The texture of this is much lighter than the original, almost fluid like and is very easy to spread. However, it made my skin look very shiny, yet at the same time it felt slightly dehydrated too (tight) I also found it not very soothing, and seemed to make any red patches on my face more irritated. I am sending this back. I also had a terrible reaction to their cleansing fluid so I will be staying far away from this line in future.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by marchafr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best moisturizers I have ever come across with. I have been using Skin caviar by La Prarie for a long time and lately switched to La Mer soft cream. the product is expensive but a little goes a long way. Im still on my first jar after 5 months. My skin is looking so good: moisturized, luminous, and wrinkle free. I can't imagine any kind of substitute to this incredible cream. it takes some time to see its benefits (a couple of months) but ones you start noticing them you will be glad u stuck to the jar for so long.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a loyal user of the original CDLM and it's been great for my dry skin. Although my t-zone is normal the original worked fine on all areas of my face. I also don't mind warming up the product on my finger tips and patting it on. This newer formulation Soft Cream feels nice on my skin right after application, and it requires no warming up. I used several samples of this over the course of 6 weeks and I found that have to use quite a bit more product compared to the original formulation, otherwise it is not rich enough and throughout the day my skin does not feel properly hydrated and I even needed to reapply. Given its creamy consistency, the Soft Cream should be packaged in a tube in my opinion, which would be a lot more hygienic and would also protect the expensive contents better against oxidation. Overall I will not purchase the Soft Cream, but continue with the tried and true Creme which works best for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by jillmoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I want this product to work as it claims so bad. I have used shiseido products for more than 10 years. I thought I would check out La Mer as I age. But, sadly, it is not working. I have combination sensitive skin. It's kind of oily on spring hot days and during summer. I have been using La Mer products for 6 months now. I have also used La Mer original cream, which slightly more moisturize than the soft cream. Other than that, the rest of the effects are same to me.
So, I will start with positive effects on my skin.
Does it break me out? NO, it doesn't.
Does it help shrinking my pores? Yes, it does. My pores seem tighter.
Does it have soothing effect? Yes, it does.
Is it moisturizing enough? NO, it doesn't. I have to use more than the SA recommended. After a few hours (1-2 hrs), I feel like I need to put it on again. Instead of moist and smooth appearance, my skin looks dry, dull, and some kind of white dusts seem sitting on my face. When I put it on again, just a layer of oil sits on my face. No glow at all. I do not wear foundation. For some occasions, I wear Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer which didn't go on smoothly with this La Mer soft cream.
Does it help with dark acne spot? NO, it doesn't. It doesn't darken my spots but it doesn't help in any way either.
What about the fine lines and wrinkles? I have noticed more fine lines on my forehead and around my lips when I smile. I didn't have those fine lines before I used La Mer. I don't know I age fast during 6 month period of using La Mer or it is because of La Mer.
So, I have decided to stop using it starting from today. I don't have large pores to begin with. So just tightening my pores is not worth the price. I will use the rest on my hand. I will not buy it again. I will not recommend it to anyone. Going back to where I belongs to.

Update on April 1st: So I stopped using La Mer and have gone back to using Shiseido. I've noticed my skin becomes smoother and my fine lines on my forehead become less noticeable. My skin has gone back to glowing and smooth. Dryness has gone away. I am a happy person again. I went to shopping at Nordstrom yesterday and visited some cosmetic counters. Some salse associates asked me what kind of skincare products I was using because they thought I had great skin. I just wear Shiseido serum & cream, Bobbi brown concealer, and Chanel powder. So, if you want to try La Mer, try it. Just do not have a high hope that it is a miracle product. There is nothing miracle about it, imao. If you want to try, be prepared to do exfoliation more often.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

It started a week ago. I went into a dept. store and decided that, at 42, I was ready to check out the LaMer counter. I tried the traditional creme, the soft cream and the translucent loose powder. I heard the SA�s instructions on how to apply the cream and left to ponder and wait for possible fabulous results... I came back in30min to purchase the loose powder (simply outstanding) and a few days later bought the soft cream online. It arrived today, I applied it a few hours ago and my skin really looks amazing! My few lines are there, my few spots, etc..I am still myself.But my skin looks amazing, plump, glowy and kind of healthier. Update: after reading tons of reviews and comparisons with German Nivea Creme, I went out and bought a tin of nivea.. have just applied it, after warming it up in my hands and patting it in. Nivea feels great and makes me look just as nice. I remember back in the 80s my aunt used to only use German Nivea.. I will keep using both, maybe one on each side of my face to see long term effects.
Update:March 2013: I have noticed that although my skin feels amazing and looks better with LaMer, my brown spots seem more prominent.. either the cream is dakening them or lightening the skin aound them.. I have 04 spots that I hate.. and even my partner says they look darker sometimes (the morning after I use La Mer..)
Further update: Aug 2013 - I finished the soft cream and got a jar of the traditional CDLM , but the truth is that German Nivea gives me the same plumped, cushioned skin the next day. I find myself reaching for the nivea more and more. No 3 lippies for CDLM, after all for that price tag it has to deliver.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by rallu

This cream was ok, I like it better than the original because it spreads better. I purchased the gel cleanser from La Mer and dried out my face really bad and that's when I realized this cream doesn't moisturize very well. I still had some very dry patches around my mouth and chin. I also broke out from that cleanser and my face really looked like a mess and this cream did not help at all. Was ok for warmer months but not for winter or really dried out skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by purplelvr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the past two years or so, I had been experiencing dry, peeling skin. I tried several brands--Clarins, Decleor, Perricone, and Sanitas skincare lines. However, they all left my skin feeling dry. I even used Amal oil and moisturizing face masks to resolve the issue, but my skin would still be very dry after cleansing. As a last resort, I found an old jar of the original La Mer cream and put a bit of that on my skin. The peeling and dry flakes went away immediately. The next morning, my skin looked hydrated and someone told me that my skin looked good. A few days later, I visited a La Mer counter and was advised to get the soft cream instead of the original since the texture is lighter. The soft cream has done wonders for my skin. My skin is much more hydrated; no more flakes! A little dab (a little more than pea size) is all I need for face and neck and it seems to be just as moisturizing as the original cream. It spreads much easier than the original and sinks right into my skin. By the way, I also use the La Mer cleansing foam and radiant serum under the moisturizer. The products are working; that is the good news. The bad news is the price. I am cutting back on some things to afford it because after trying so many other skincare lines, I believe this product is worth it.

Edited: I decided to update my original review. I had to stop using this product along with other products from the la mer line. It did get rid of the flakes but seemed to cause other problems in the long run. I ended up having to go to an esthetician to rebalance my skin.