April 19, 2014 | 1052 users online

Concealers - Revlon - Age Defying with DNA Advantage Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

this is my favorite concealer!!! it gives enough coverage for my horrendous undereye dark circles but doesn't crease! it's very creamy and my under eye area feels moisturized. this concealer also has a great staying power, and i'm in love with the price! i got this when it was on sale at $6.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is rated best by Paula Begoun, so I purchased it hoping to find a new moisturizing concealer that would also help my undereye area. I got this in Light (the lightest shade) and although it did conceal -- it left my eye area dry-looking. I use Maybelline Instant Age Rewind and that is the same type of consistency and leaves my eye area very moisturized all day. This Revlon stuff doesn't even last me one hour of moisture. Granted, I have dry skin, so maybe this would be better for oily skin. So, I'm taking it back as a fail for me. But it does conceal -- it's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Rolong01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this concealer. I've been on the hunt to find one that doesn't settle into my creases but isn't mask like. I'm 49, have a few lines and bad circles, with very light skin. I tried Mac long wear - mask like,Laura Mercier - hard to blend & settled, Hard Candy- settled, Cover Girl / Olay- settled, Mabyellene Lumi - liked this but kinda mask like. This Revlon is so nice. It has a doe foot, but I just wipe some product on the back of my hand and use a concealer brush. It sinks into my skin and doesn't lay on top. So it melts into my under eye circles. Coverage is great! And no settling into lines. And it was from the Drugstore! I may have just found my HG. I put it on top of a bit of moisturizer and sunscreen. And it still absorbs nicely. Lasts all day. Very Happy!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Something is just not right about this concealer... The coverage is actually quite good, but it looks really really cakey, on blemishes and under the eyes. The consistency is very thick and very hard to blend. I'd say it's very pigmented, but overall I hated this concealer. Would not recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by wwmmwwm

I think it's super blendable, not drying at all. I have combination skin, oily in the center of my face from forehead down to chin, but can get flakey around the nose which is really annoying. i would use it undereye, on the lines by my nose and to cover blemishes. It does not accentuate the dry patches around my nose. But it can crease in the fine lines under my eyes a little bit. I always check after i'm done with my entire face so i'll just blend that again and it'll be gone. It has a kindda dewy finish. It's not surprising given it's marketed for anti-aging. I haven't used it with a matte foundation yet so don't know if it will look wierd. It's not super longlasting.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by pk23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I did not enjoy this concealer. I liked the applicator and the slim packaging however the product did not work for me.
I only really need concealer under my eyes and while this did help cover up my bags reasonably well it was just very drying under my eyes. At the same time the most disappointing part is considering this is an anti-aging concealer it settled into my fine creases very badly even with a limited application. At 20 years old and with very slight creasing I couldn't imagine this very useful for someone seeking anti-aging properties.
I wouldn't consider repurchasing and did not finish the concealer before throwing out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by joninagel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I want a concealer that will cover the blueish veins under my eyes, brighten the dark corner where my eye meets my nose (whoa - that didn't used to be there!), and also cover any veins that show thru my eyelids, all while looking natural. Tall order, I know. I have tried most of the drugstore brands "brightening" or "color stay" products over the past couple years. They, along with spendy Lancome and Jane Iredale concealers, all resulted in the same cakey, crepey look that we're all trying to avoid. DNA Advantage from Revlon meets all my needs and does not settle into the lines or cake up, even on my sometimes flaky skin. It has a thinner consistency than some competitors, which I think helps it sink into skin instead of sitting on top. Maybe it's not as highly pigmented as the expensive brands, but I think I prefer that for an under/around eye concealer. I've been using it for a couple months and am not finding any fault with it yet - might be a new record for me!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by pelirroja77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always had good experiencies with Revlon concealers, but not this time. I really like their ColorStay and PhotoReady concealers, those are great, and I did like the now discontinued Age Defying SPA with the click-pen applicator, which I think it's been replaced with this Age Defying DNA Advantage, and sadly it doesn't perform as great as its ancestor. This new version tends to settle horribly into my pores and fine lines under my eyes. Also, I've noticed that it makes my eyeliners smear throughout the day, giving me almost the panda-eyes look, not cute. I know the smudges are caused by this because I've been testing it with different techniques and making comparisons with other concealers. On top of that, it creases and looks cakey after a few hours of application. I'm giving this away.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by selenajade

I absolutely LOVE this product. I have extremely oily skin (even tho its calmed down a lot, see my review on spearmint tea you oily skinned gals) and this survives the day through all of my oil. Im only 13 and don't really need a ton of anti aging stuff and don't have wrinkles yet but hey it doesn't hurt.
also the coverage is really good for basically anything. it covers pimples good and my dark circles are improved ALOT after puting some of this on.

PROS;
stays thorugh the day, even on oily skin
good coverage for any flaw
good packaging
nice applicator
convenient packaging
good price, not expensive

CONS;
covers basically everything except for some pimples

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by beautypiano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I got it in the shade Light/Medium, because I've read that that shade was kind of yellow, and thus good for canceling out dark blue shadows under your eyes, which is what I have. A little goes a really long way with this product--it comes with a small doe-foot applicator, and you only need about half of what's on the tip, for both eyes. Be careful not to layer it on too much--anything will look bad when it's over-applied. But this stuff works WONDERFULLY. My dark circles are genetic--I can't remember a time when I didn't have them. It's so amazing to look in the mirror and see clean, bright, lifted eyes! Ladies, if the circles under your eyes have a blue-ish look to them, get this product! I will most definitely be repurchasing when I run out! ^_^