October 24, 2014 | 1867 users online

Makeup Brushes - Urban Decay - Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this brush. It's not my favorite but it does perform very well. I tested this out in Sephora and absolutely fell in love , I think this brush would be amazing for those of you applying powder foundation. it's super dense but still very soft and fluffy. It seems to sheer out my foundation which is actually a good thing since I use a super full coverage foundation and it does make it look more natural. There is absolutely no streaking when using this and that's an A + in my book. I haven't experienced any shedding. I do have to admit I like my Real Technique's foundation brush better, but this is definitely in second place. The price tag is a bit painful though, about 25$ for this brush. I think if you have been using cheap low quality foundation brushes (or haven't been using any at all) that this is a great investment. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by margokissy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay so...this is *THE* foundation brush!

When I first switched back to liquid foundation from using mineral powder for 5 years, there was no way I was going to apply foundation with my fingers. So, I did a little looking around and came across this beauty.

I have had it for about 6 months now, and it is in perfect condition, same as when I bought it. Soft, fluffy, and applies my foundation delicately and evenly. The brush allows you to put a thin layer of foundation on and keep it all even.

I give this brush a shampoo every other day and it has withstood that. For the price, you can't miss this brush. Great quality and beautiful piece for your makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by sammyanna

This brush is amaaaazing!!!!! Blends my foundation so well! Better than a sponge!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've purchased several foundation brushes within the last two years, and found they left my makeup streaky. This brush was recommended by an Ulta associate. I thought the price was a bit steep. I'm happy to say, this brush is THE BEST I have ever found! With minimal effort, it left my liquid foundation looking flawless. Cleaning is easy,too. (gentle shampoo once per week) Packaging/storage is lame because putting the top back on the tube without messing up the bristles is not easy. Overall, I highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

Out all the numerous brushes I tried, I have to admit I hate this one the most. It's worse than some of the ELF brushes I own. First off, this thing sheds like crazy! Not the best when it comes to makeup application and it uses more product compared to other brushes. It left my face kind of streaky. Despite washing my brush right after I use it or cleaning it with a spray, it's never the same after you clean it. It doesn't retain its shape, becomes kind of rough, and has a funky smell to it. I thought I got a faulty brush and exchanged it for another one.. same thing happened! Not worth the money, go get yourself a Sigma brush.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I now *loathe* this brush! It constantly sheds, with each and every use. I am surprised that I have any bristles left. NOT acceptable for a brush, especially at this price!
This brush is good overall. Very dense, makes stippling and blending nice and easy. The one thing I hate about it, and maybe it's just my brush, is that this sucker sheds like crazy. And the shedding didn't start until after I'd had and been using the brush for a few months. I have a couple of other UD brushes and I'm noticing that the quality of them could be better overall. I don't think that I will be buying any more brushes from this brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by mjhicks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really soft, dense brush. It's perfect for foundation application, foundation of any kind! I personally use it with Mac Studio Fix SPF 15 Liquid and Mac Studio Fix Powder and I am really happy with the results. I've gotten quite a few compliments too, and I've only been using this for about a week! I find it does "blur" in that my creases are much less noticeable and any areas that I've concealed (i.e.: dark circles, blemishes) are much, much less noticeable than when I just use my hands for foundation application. I would recommend this to anyone who uses foundation, especially those who wish to blur the look of their imperfections! It's quite easy to clean, too (I use warm water and shampoo) and it dries relatively quickly!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by xmegannn

This tool is critical in creating a flawless face. It doesn't make my foundation look streaky when its applied. My foundation looks so natural. Usually I like to use my beauty blender for a flawless finish but sometimes it soaks up too much product sometimes. I've only used it with the Hourglass Immaculate liquid powder foundation.

Overall, great product at a reasonable price! I love using it for my liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Marissaxox

LOVE THIS! Sooo incredibly soft and feels great against my skin! It blends beautifully and smooths any lines I have when I put on my foundation. I also love how chic this brush looks and the fact that it's animal friendly! Pretty and works amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by mauisnj

Absolutely love this brush - it's super soft and very dense. It gives my foundation a nice airbrushed look. Works well for blending and stippling. I haven't noticed any shedding yet.