September 19, 2014 | 1882 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by ryapapaya

I have nearly gone through an entire big bottle of this and I cannot wait to repurchase. It is a basic no frills cleanser that gets the job done!
Super gentle on my often irritated skin and leaves it clean and soft. Not tight or dry.

Many people expect their facial cleansers to take their makeup off as well but in reality that should be a 2 step process. Take makeup off and then cleanse face and any makeup residue left behind.
So if you're expecting this cleanser to take your makeup off you will be disappointed, as it is too gentle for makeup but just perfect for skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by misfit30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been reading everybody's review on this product and it seems like those who experienced the "stripping/drying" effects are mostly people with dry skin already. This product isn't for dry skin, this is the version for people with more oily skin. (I did see a review from somebody with oily/acne skin who had an adverse reaction). If you have a skin type that you are trying to cater to, it is CRUCIAL that you read the labels to everything you use. This product works very well for me and comes in a larger size than most other gentle cleansers, but I do have oily skin. I also have very sensitive skin that needs TLC not harsh products. Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser is for more combo/oily types, Ultra Hydrating Cleanser is for normal/dry types. Also, I have learned in my 15+ year quest to calm my skin's reactions not to rely on the cleanser alone. I wear full-coverage foundations, made to last 8-12 hours. By virtue of the product, this will be hard to take off for any cleanser. I find this cleanser does a good job though. It's right up there with Purpose, but Purpose's bottle is smaller. I was attracted to more bang for my buck. It's not alone my cure-all, however. I still need moisturizer (yes, oily types still need to balance their oil, not banish it), and toner. Just remember to read product labels, use as directed, use what is formulated for you, THEN give your review. Don't mislead people away from a product because you didn't buy the correct product for you in the first place.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by CosmoJunkie24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has given me the worst acne I have experienced in a while. I am acne prone and I have oily and sensitive skin. I used this product for about a month. My skin has a continuance of a burning, tingling feeling, which I have never experienced from a cleanser before.

I have no idea who I would recommend this product to because it felt very drying, even with the oily skin that I have.

To take makeup completely off I sometimes had to wash my face twice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

Love this gentle cleanser. My dermatologist recommends this and the Cerave foaming cleanser. I actually love this for when my face is really dry/peeling after a deep medical peel or fraxel. I usually use the oil free acne wash b/c I need the pore cleansing effect of the salycilic acid. I keep a bottle of this handy for dry times... Lasts over a year.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Leaves the face clean, removes makeup well. Has a light fresh smell to it. But it does leave my combo skin a little dry, nothing a little bit of PC skin recovery toner can't fix though. Like it so much I thought I was going to give the creamy one a try but judging from all the reviews claiming it burns I think I will pass because I too tend to have a problem with burning with certain skincare items cetaphil included. But this cleanser may do better for me in summer when my skin leans more towards oily. All in all it is a good product and you get a lot for a reasonable price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by chriquen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay cleanser. Seems to remove light makeup/grime just fine. It's a little more drying than some of my other favorite foaming cleansers (acne.org, cerave), but my face doesn't feel tight or anything. I'm surprised this has fragrance though, especially as a product targeting the sensitive skin population. I prefer fragrance free products, so I won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by tvall

I like the packaging and the price of the cleanser but - like some of the other reviews said its too drying and left my skin feeling tight and aggravated. I read the reviews but still went ahead and bought it as it says it is ultra gentle and has a really short and simple ingredients list (also pretty cheap for the amount you get). Bad mistake! I think I have learnt my lesson to LISTEN to all these reviews and not be tempted by a simplistic design and good price tag.

Maybe this cleanser would be good for oily skin, everyones different!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually am very impressed with Neutrogena skin care, but this cleanser did not work for me at all. I have slightly sensitive normal to dry skin and this strips all the moisture out of my skin and leaves my face extremely dry and uncomfortably tight feeling. The amount of product for the price is good and the packaging is good, but I would definitely not recommend this to anyone with slightly dry or sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has become my HG night time cleanser. I have skin that's more on the oily side. So its not uber sensitive or dry but lately has oddly become a bit acne prone to. I find this cleanser to remove makeup effectively while leaving my skin feeling clean without that uncomfortable tight/dry feeling. I also wake up in the morning without oily skin. However, idk why its called a "foaming cleanser" as it doesn't really foam as much as I would like it to Hence why I took off a lippie.. but then again that's actually a plus for not drying your skin out. The size of the bottle is pretty big so it will last you forever if you only use a pump or two a day I've had mine for nearly 3 months already and I still have a lot left. So the verdict is... It's probably not the absolute best on the market but It's pretty good if you want to cleanse and remove your makeup thoroughly at the same time without irritating your skin or stinging your eyes all for a decent price. I would give it 4 and a half lippies If I could because to be honest I'm not sure just how gentle it would be if you actually did have super sensitive skin.. but for my skin type it's done a good job and hasn't broken me out since I started using it. So Yes, I would definitely repurchase and recommend this Product

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by emily897

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin is on the oily side but it does get dry/irritated easily. I bought this because I was looking for a cleanser that didn't have parabens or sulfates in it. There are only 12 ingredients, the main ones being water and glycerin. This cleanser doesn't irritate or break me out but I can see how it could be drying if you live in an arid climate. I think this brand is coming out with a non-foaming version. Anything foaming will dry out your skin.