Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside, Potassium Accylates Copolymer, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance

on 2/6/2015 12:39:00 PM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I have been purchasing this product for several years. I absolutely love it. As it states "it thoroughly cleanses" and removes my makeup at night. When it goes on sale, I buy every one in the store that's how much a love this cleanser. I love the pump dispenser - great for the shower.

on 2/2/2015 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, I am honestly surprised and amazed by how well this removes a light/moderate face of "washable" makeup (i.e., not waterproof, not long-wearing; I always use separate makeup removers on those, and that's mostly eye makeup anyway). It doesn't foam so much as it lathers--it feels really nice on the skin, and you can tell it's removing makeup because the lather on my fingers gradually becomes more skin-toned because that's the makeup coming off! It has a super light fragrance, and the product is clear so there's no added dyes. I've also used it on my eyes (again, for washable mascara) and have experienced no irritation.

Used with no other skincare products, I do think it is *slightly* drying on my skin; however, it's also the beginning of February and my skin is quite dry this time of year. A good toner/exfoliant and moisturizer combo negates any such tightness for me, though, and I think this cleanser will be great when the sweatier, oilier summer months come around.

It's a bit pricey for a drugstore cleanser ($10.99 at my CVS), but you can get coupons/sales frequently. Besides, it's a hefty 10oz which is ~2-4oz more than your typical drugstore cleanser, so the price per ounce ends up being comparable if you're okay with committing to a slightly larger bottle.

on 1/25/2015 7:23:00 AM

This is very drying even though it's meant for sensitive skin. I don't understand why there is that many bad ingredients: perfume, dye, alcohol, etc...
It did not do any good to my dehydrated, sensitive skin. I used it for a month and threw it out...Disappointed because usually i like Neutrogena. I bought Desert Essence instead: same price range and WAY BETTER option for my skin!!

on 1/16/2015 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This cleanser came in a special Christmas package that also included the oil free lotion and oil free eye makeup remover all for $8 Cdn, that's why I gave it 1 star for price - it was such a great bargain.

This the first time I've tried this cleanser and I'm not really liking it. For starters, it doesn't foam very well which isn't a huge deal. The formulation feels very thin even when I've used 2 pumps worth of product. I don't feel like the product is sufficiently "cutting through" a day's worth of the makeup and oil on my face when I use the cleanser with my fingers.

Even after rinsing, my face still feels like there's makeup left. I usually end up washing my face twice. I've also used the product with a facial brush and this seems to spread it around better and my face feels cleaner afterwards.

For me, this is a very mediocre cleanser and I'm glad I hadn't paid full price for it. Won't be repurchasing.

on 1/15/2015 9:07:00 PM

I started taking Accutane about 4-5 months ago and knew I needed a gentle cleanser for my soon to be very dry skin.
I found this product on the internet and decided to buy it. I got it in the foaming formula and the creamy formula. I loved the foaming formula but wasn't a big fan of the creamy so if your buying this product stick with the foaming. It is great for sensitive skin which I temporarily have and I also use it to clean my makeup brushes and it does a great job. It does a good job cleaning and you don't have to use much. I have been using the same bottle since I started Accutane and still have quite a bit left in the bottle so you get a lot of product for a good price. I bought mine at Shopper's Drug Mart and it's also available at Walmart.

on 1/11/2015 2:24:00 PM

This mild foaming cleanser did not remove all my makeup. It has a light scent and rinses clean, without overdrying the skin. Free & Clear cleanser and First Aid beauty cleanser perform better for me and are unscented products.

on 12/30/2014 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Great cleanser. It takes all my makeup off and foams nicely. Totally different from cetaphil gentle which does not remove my makeup. The scent is noticeable but not overpowering.

on 12/24/2014 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This should have a higher rating. Im suprised some users whine it doesnt remove waterproof mascara or hydrate their skin. Its not supposed to. It says FOAMING on the label. For god's sakes, if you have very dry skin WHY would you buy a foaming cleanser?. Anyway. Its hard to find non-stripping, gentle, water soluble cleansers in the drugstore (in my town). This fits the bill, and you get a lot of product for the price -and a pump-. Has medium cleansing power, between Cetaphil and a traditional foaming cleanser. Doesnt irritate my skin, and rinses clean. Doenst have a very strong fragrance either. Its a straightfoward, simple, gentle, water soluble cleanser. This is what I wanted Cetaphil for oily skin to be. But It IS a completely water soluble cleanser, it will not leave emmollients behind to please those expecting moisturizing powers.

on 10/27/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For years I have been washing my face with Dr. Bronner's Castile soap, which I adore, but it's far from gentle. Getting into my 30s I thought it might be time to try something a little less stripping and more gentle.
I do not have sensitive skin, I do not suffer from acne or breakouts, my skin is basically normal - not too dry and not too oily.
So far I really like this cleanser. I always use a buff puff when I wash my face, and I find no problems getting plentiful lather. It rinses away clean, and afterwards my skin feels just the right amount of tightness, of clean-ness. Nowhere near as tight and dry as after using the Castile soap. I don't feel any build up or residue from this cleanser, and don't feel the need to tone afterwards. Rather, I always moisturize right away after washing my face. This cleanser removes my make up fully, although this might be due to the fact that I use a buff puff.
The packaging is good, as is the price. Unless this causes some long-term problems I believe I will continue using this for a while. I will update after I've used it for a month or two.

The only con is the fragrance. It's relatively strong, and though it doesn't bother me at all I could imagine someone with sensitivity having a big problem with this wash.

on 10/13/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE and would definitely repurchase!

Ingredient-wise:
With Glycerin listed second after water, how could it be bad?

Texture-Color-Fragrance-wise:
Watery liquid in transparent slightly yellowish color, remind me a diluted Liquid Neutrogena, with same scent just not as strong.

Performance-wise:
Usually use 3/4 to a full pump, foam up quite easily but I wouldn't say it produce a rich dense foam like normal foaming cleanser (especially those from Japanese brands).
It provide medium cleansing strength, in between normal foaming cleanser and Cetephil cleanser.
I use it every other day in place with my Sofina Cushion Foam Cleanser (very dense foam with excellent cleansing strength, work with foaming net), as the second clean after take off my sunscreen and make-up with Bioderma water.

My though:
Best foaming cleanser for dry skin, if you love Cetephil but wish something lighter for warmer weather, this is it!
I love it on day when I want a simple cleanser for quick clean. Personally I used to use the Liquid Neutrogena years ago, so find the scent pleasure, but I guess this might not be for everyone.
Huge bottle and very good value for money. Again how could thing load with Glycerin be bad!