November 27, 2014 | 1166 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by apeacherryan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not my favorite. I've been on the hunt for the perfect foaming cleanser; however, even though my skin is oily, this leaves my skin stripped. It DOES deep clean, but the formula is heavy, it takes a while to foam properly, and it seems like it takes years to rinse off, not to mention the overly lemony scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know why I bought this. I know that foaming cleansers don't work for me. They leave me red and irritated and give me little bumps, but I thought this time it would be different, because it was suppose to be "Ultra Gentle." Well guess what? This didn't work for me. Now I went ahead and gave it three lippies, because compared to other foaming cleansers it was more gentle and it might work for someone who is really oily. However, if you have combination, normal or dry skin, I would stay away from this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off I have combination skin so I have an oily T-zone. This cleanser seems very harsh when compared to Cetaphil or CeraVe. If I use the smallest pump, it is less drying, but I still cannot tolerate this daily. I bought a double pack at Costco and will probably never finish it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by ryapapaya

I have nearly gone through an entire big bottle of this and I cannot wait to repurchase. It is a basic no frills cleanser that gets the job done!
Super gentle on my often irritated skin and leaves it clean and soft. Not tight or dry.

Many people expect their facial cleansers to take their makeup off as well but in reality that should be a 2 step process. Take makeup off and then cleanse face and any makeup residue left behind.
So if you're expecting this cleanser to take your makeup off you will be disappointed, as it is too gentle for makeup but just perfect for skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by misfit30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been reading everybody's review on this product and it seems like those who experienced the "stripping/drying" effects are mostly people with dry skin already. This product isn't for dry skin, this is the version for people with more oily skin. (I did see a review from somebody with oily/acne skin who had an adverse reaction). If you have a skin type that you are trying to cater to, it is CRUCIAL that you read the labels to everything you use. This product works very well for me and comes in a larger size than most other gentle cleansers, but I do have oily skin. I also have very sensitive skin that needs TLC not harsh products. Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser is for more combo/oily types, Ultra Hydrating Cleanser is for normal/dry types. Also, I have learned in my 15+ year quest to calm my skin's reactions not to rely on the cleanser alone. I wear full-coverage foundations, made to last 8-12 hours. By virtue of the product, this will be hard to take off for any cleanser. I find this cleanser does a good job though. It's right up there with Purpose, but Purpose's bottle is smaller. I was attracted to more bang for my buck. It's not alone my cure-all, however. I still need moisturizer (yes, oily types still need to balance their oil, not banish it), and toner. Just remember to read product labels, use as directed, use what is formulated for you, THEN give your review. Don't mislead people away from a product because you didn't buy the correct product for you in the first place.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by CosmoJunkie24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has given me the worst acne I have experienced in a while. I am acne prone and I have oily and sensitive skin. I used this product for about a month. My skin has a continuance of a burning, tingling feeling, which I have never experienced from a cleanser before.

I have no idea who I would recommend this product to because it felt very drying, even with the oily skin that I have.

To take makeup completely off I sometimes had to wash my face twice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Dentalgirl3

Love this gentle cleanser. My dermatologist recommends this and the Cerave foaming cleanser. I actually love this for when my face is really dry/peeling after a deep medical peel or fraxel. I usually use the oil free acne wash b/c I need the pore cleansing effect of the salycilic acid. I keep a bottle of this handy for dry times... Lasts over a year.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Leaves the face clean, removes makeup well. Has a light fresh smell to it. But it does leave my combo skin a little dry, nothing a little bit of PC skin recovery toner can't fix though. Like it so much I thought I was going to give the creamy one a try but judging from all the reviews claiming it burns I think I will pass because I too tend to have a problem with burning with certain skincare items cetaphil included. But this cleanser may do better for me in summer when my skin leans more towards oily. All in all it is a good product and you get a lot for a reasonable price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by chriquen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay cleanser. Seems to remove light makeup/grime just fine. It's a little more drying than some of my other favorite foaming cleansers (acne.org, cerave), but my face doesn't feel tight or anything. I'm surprised this has fragrance though, especially as a product targeting the sensitive skin population. I prefer fragrance free products, so I won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by tvall

I like the packaging and the price of the cleanser but - like some of the other reviews said its too drying and left my skin feeling tight and aggravated. I read the reviews but still went ahead and bought it as it says it is ultra gentle and has a really short and simple ingredients list (also pretty cheap for the amount you get). Bad mistake! I think I have learnt my lesson to LISTEN to all these reviews and not be tempted by a simplistic design and good price tag.

Maybe this cleanser would be good for oily skin, everyones different!