Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside, Potassium Accylates Copolymer, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance

on 1/15/2015 9:07:00 PM

I started taking Accutane about 4-5 months ago and knew I needed a gentle cleanser for my soon to be very dry skin.
I found this product on the internet and decided to buy it. I got it in the foaming formula and the creamy formula. I loved the foaming formula but wasn't a big fan of the creamy so if your buying this product stick with the foaming. It is great for sensitive skin which I temporarily have and I also use it to clean my makeup brushes and it does a great job. It does a good job cleaning and you don't have to use much. I have been using the same bottle since I started Accutane and still have quite a bit left in the bottle so you get a lot of product for a good price. I bought mine at Shopper's Drug Mart and it's also available at Walmart.

on 1/11/2015 2:24:00 PM

This mild foaming cleanser did not remove all my makeup. It has a light scent and rinses clean, without overdrying the skin. Free & Clear cleanser and First Aid beauty cleanser perform better for me and are unscented products.

on 12/30/2014 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Great cleanser. It takes all my makeup off and foams nicely. Totally different from cetaphil gentle which does not remove my makeup. The scent is noticeable but not overpowering.

on 12/24/2014 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This should have a higher rating. Im suprised some users whine it doesnt remove waterproof mascara or hydrate their skin. Its not supposed to. It says FOAMING on the label. For god's sakes, if you have very dry skin WHY would you buy a foaming cleanser?. Anyway. Its hard to find non-stripping, gentle, water soluble cleansers in the drugstore (in my town). This fits the bill, and you get a lot of product for the price -and a pump-. Has medium cleansing power, between Cetaphil and a traditional foaming cleanser. Doesnt irritate my skin, and rinses clean. Doenst have a very strong fragrance either. Its a straightfoward, simple, gentle, water soluble cleanser. This is what I wanted Cetaphil for oily skin to be. But It IS a completely water soluble cleanser, it will not leave emmollients behind to please those expecting moisturizing powers.

on 10/27/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For years I have been washing my face with Dr. Bronner's Castile soap, which I adore, but it's far from gentle. Getting into my 30s I thought it might be time to try something a little less stripping and more gentle.
I do not have sensitive skin, I do not suffer from acne or breakouts, my skin is basically normal - not too dry and not too oily.
So far I really like this cleanser. I always use a buff puff when I wash my face, and I find no problems getting plentiful lather. It rinses away clean, and afterwards my skin feels just the right amount of tightness, of clean-ness. Nowhere near as tight and dry as after using the Castile soap. I don't feel any build up or residue from this cleanser, and don't feel the need to tone afterwards. Rather, I always moisturize right away after washing my face. This cleanser removes my make up fully, although this might be due to the fact that I use a buff puff.
The packaging is good, as is the price. Unless this causes some long-term problems I believe I will continue using this for a while. I will update after I've used it for a month or two.

The only con is the fragrance. It's relatively strong, and though it doesn't bother me at all I could imagine someone with sensitivity having a big problem with this wash.

on 10/13/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE and would definitely repurchase!

Ingredient-wise:
With Glycerin listed second after water, how could it be bad?

Texture-Color-Fragrance-wise:
Watery liquid in transparent slightly yellowish color, remind me a diluted Liquid Neutrogena, with same scent just not as strong.

Performance-wise:
Usually use 3/4 to a full pump, foam up quite easily but I wouldn't say it produce a rich dense foam like normal foaming cleanser (especially those from Japanese brands).
It provide medium cleansing strength, in between normal foaming cleanser and Cetephil cleanser.
I use it every other day in place with my Sofina Cushion Foam Cleanser (very dense foam with excellent cleansing strength, work with foaming net), as the second clean after take off my sunscreen and make-up with Bioderma water.

My though:
Best foaming cleanser for dry skin, if you love Cetephil but wish something lighter for warmer weather, this is it!
I love it on day when I want a simple cleanser for quick clean. Personally I used to use the Liquid Neutrogena years ago, so find the scent pleasure, but I guess this might not be for everyone.
Huge bottle and very good value for money. Again how could thing load with Glycerin be bad!

on 9/28/2014 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I used to use the Olay Sensitive Skin face wash for a long time, but I felt that it really wasn't doing my skin any justice. My sister have my this one to try and I must say that it is pretty nice! Firstly, I love the scent. It smells like lavender, it is very attractive. I also feel like the foam really gets all the dirt and grime off my skin, without being too harsh or drying (I have very sensitive, acne prone skin that is combo-oily). The only thing I don't like is the packaging. It's so big and bulky and hard to travel with it. Overall though, this is a good wash.

on 9/18/2014 4:40:00 PM

I am surprised to see such a low rating for this cleanser. I used the hydrating one in the winter and switched to this one in the spring. I love this cleanser. My skin feels smooth and refreshed, it rinses cleanly and leaves my skin looking healthy. I use a make up remover for removing eye make up and then wash my face and this works well for leaving my skin clean.

on 9/17/2014 12:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser- I have combination skin (oily t-zone, normal cheeks that are prone to rosacea). My skin isn't super sensitive but I am careful not to use anything that might dry out my skin or lead to breakouts--so I'd say I have mildly sensitive skin. The cleanser has not contributed to breakouts and my skin is in good condition- i also tone with Dickinson's witch hazel (facial formula) and moisturize. While this cleanser doesn't moisturize skin, it gently cleanses, easily and effectively removes eye makeup, and leaves skin clean and soft. It has a mild cirtusy scent and foams up just enough, so a little goes a long way. It is better suited to those with normal to oily skin-those with dry skin might consider something more moisturizing. I am happy with this cleanser and will continue to repurchase.

on 8/9/2014 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. I have been using Cetaphil for the longest time and picked a sample of this one at my dermatologist's office. I loved it and purchased the full size. If you are looking for a cleanser that "foams" a lot, this is not it. It's consistency is closer to that of cetaphil but it does foam a little bit with some lather. My skin is sensitive at the moment because of just finishing a 6-month course of accutane thus, I am not in my 100% skin type yet. My skin still mostly non-oily (unlike before accutane) so we"ll see how much I like it as my skin starts going back to its natural state (if ever). So far, It is very gentle and amazing!