November 28, 2014 | 2066 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Extreme Volume

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Avril14th

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This reminds me of Benefit's They're Real but a little better with the volumizing. To me it is too glossy and although it lengthens my lashes, it does not give extreme volume. Maybe once it dries out just a bit I will like it more. For reference my ideal lashes come from using L'oreal Voluminous.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by elle3927

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my go-to mascara. It volumizes and lengthens my eyelashes beautifully, and it really highlights my eyes. It does tend to get a bit clumpy if you apply too many layers, but otherwise, I have no complaints.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There really are not any positives to this mascara. It clumps and makes your eyelashes stick together instead of giving them volume. Lash combs really do not fix the problem. It is very messy to apply, I think partly because the wand is so huge. It's hard to coat all of your lashes without making a huge mess, particularly if you need to get at the roots like I do, as my lashes are blonde to the point of invisibility. Again, this can probably be attributed to the size of the wand. This mascara is too expensive for what it gives. I'm very disappointed with the results of this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by RealDealBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first i hated this product, it made my lashed crunchy which is simply not acceptable to me no matter how awesome they look. Then I added a few drops of my generic latisse and now its much better.
The brush gets all your lashes and really lengthens and volumizes. That said, if you don't take care and time to comb slowly, it will deposit a huge clump of color (not a clump) on the roots of your lashes - you'll have to brush/comb it through with the wand.
I dont find the need to wear more than one coat and more than 2 = clumped together lashes.
This lasts all day/night and doesnt flake. It's not waterproof but is not easy to get *completely* off.
and if you poke yourself with the wand you might wish you'd died instead. Its super hard and hurts like a SOB.
Would I buy again - yes. This ties with Dior Iconic as my new fav... (fabulash is my fav for understated lashes)... this is great for when you don't mind if people know you wear mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Beckyh101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very clumpy and sticks all my lashes together I'm not a fan of the brush and it gets way to much product on it

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by alix1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm really on the fence about this mascara - wish I could give it 3.5 lippies and a "maybe" on the repurchase.
I LOVE the way it goes on, really smooth, very black and the lashes look great. The tube feels expensive and chunky.
However, I do feel like I get some black panda effect under my eyes and this really bugs me.
I bought this on a recommendation by Alice on theSupergorgeous blog who raved about it and Im not sad I got it. Just not 100% sure whether to buy it again!
I normally buy MAC mascaras and I have a Fairy Lashes from my Glossybox to try but this could be one I revisit at some stage - it's like a better version of the Benefit They're Real in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If your lashes need plumping, if they need lengthening, if they need volume, then this mascara just might do the trick for you. If your lashes are full and all you are looking to do is darken them or volumize them somewhat, try another mascara. This one will overdo it for you. It's just that simple. This mascara is astounding. I've been using it since it was introduced and frankly, I do consider it one of the best on the market for my needs.
My lashes are short and blonde. They can't be seen without mascara. Seriously, a few coats of this and my lashes look dark, fuller and yes, they do have more volume. They aren't magnified ridiculously, no. Just enough to look good. I'm not expecting miracles. After all, I know what I have to work with. I'm taking that into consideration and then, applying that to this mascara and what it does to my lashes. And what it does to my lashes is make them look a whole lot better for the money.
I spend a lot of cash on mascaras. I'm always curious to see if what people say works really does. Yes, this is a wet mascara. So I give it time to dry. That's not a problem for me. I'm patient because I know the results are well worth it.
Is it gloppy? The wand is certainly different. Look at the picture and you can see that. You have to adjust how you're going to use this tube, this wand and you'll figure it out. That's no big deal, either. There's a lot of mascara in that tube. It's huge. For me, the wand hits all of my lashes, even the tiny ones on the outer corners of my eyes. And my eyes are considered large. So more mascara, bigger tube, that's a plus in my book. It's very easy to handle.
It's a dark, dark mascara. Ink-black dark. I add some liner and my lashes seem even fuller.
I use two types of motions with this brush. The regular sweeping-up motion and then a gliding across motion. Using both of these seems to enhance my lashes with
this mascara. Perhaps because it is wetter and there is more mascara on the wand it works. If it was a drier formula, using a feathering across my lashes technique wouldn't apply anything at all.
No spider legs, either. My lashes are soft. No clumping. No flaking. Easy to remove, no lash fall-out.
High Impact Extreme Volume is a great mascara for someone with shorter lashes. It works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am pleasantly SURPRISED by this mascara because I have heard that Clinique mascara's are similar to Mac (so very mediocre) however this mascara is great for my tiny, thin and straight eyelashes. I have to put on several coats, but on me it doesn't clump, it is truly a dark black colour which I love and it stays in place in all day. It doesn't flake, it doesn't smudge, and I wore it out on a rainy day today and it lasted all day no problems. It adds length, volume and darkens my lashes wonderfully. I actually almost prefer it over my current HG Chanel mascara. I am truly surprised...I am happy I bought this impulsively at Shoppers Drugmart for $23 CND...I can thank the beauty blog Gh0stparties for inspiring this purchase!!

UPDATE: I've been wearing this all week and I've got to say that it is actually freakin amazing. I love that the lid "clicks" so you know it's closed properly too, so it won't dry out any time soon. I love that it doesn't flake and that it stays in place all day. It lengths well (volume though is so so, but I like length, black eyeliner does the "volume" trick) and it stays on so well that I need a waterproof eye makeup remover to thoroughly remove it hahaha. I have used Lancome, Chanel, Mac, you name it...Nothing has been THIS good, I am so surprised by Clinique. I also love the packaging. The wand is huge but it's thin so it's not hard to apply to my tiny eyelashes. My eyelashes are significantly longer with this mascara on and it makes all the difference in the world for me. Definitely repurchase. $23 is a lot better than the $45 Chanel mascara I was previously wearing.

UPDATE OVER A MONTH LATER: HG mascara. It's just amazing. I love everything about it and shortly I will be purchasing my second tube. Ladies with short eyelashes, this will work wonders for you. It has amazing staying power for not being a waterproof mascara, it has never smudged or flaked off in the hottest weather or even in rain. I'm in love!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by monty713

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pass on this one. Clumps, (I should have realized this when the sales person said she was wearing it and her eyelashes looked ridiculous) smudges, smears and is difficult to wash off.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by dw018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this wanting to try new mascara brands and it isn't good at all. Its such a wet formula and clumps like no tomorrow! I cannot use it without my eyelashes looking like crap or it getting all over my eye lids.