July 24, 2014 | 1000 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Extreme Volume

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by RealDealBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first i hated this product, it made my lashed crunchy which is simply not acceptable to me no matter how awesome they look. Then I added a few drops of my generic latisse and now its much better.
The brush gets all your lashes and really lengthens and volumizes. That said, if you don't take care and time to comb slowly, it will deposit a huge clump of color (not a clump) on the roots of your lashes - you'll have to brush/comb it through with the wand.
I dont find the need to wear more than one coat and more than 2 = clumped together lashes.
This lasts all day/night and doesnt flake. It's not waterproof but is not easy to get *completely* off.
and if you poke yourself with the wand you might wish you'd died instead. Its super hard and hurts like a SOB.
Would I buy again - yes. This ties with Dior Iconic as my new fav... (fabulash is my fav for understated lashes)... this is great for when you don't mind if people know you wear mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Beckyh101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very clumpy and sticks all my lashes together I'm not a fan of the brush and it gets way to much product on it

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by alix1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm really on the fence about this mascara - wish I could give it 3.5 lippies and a "maybe" on the repurchase.
I LOVE the way it goes on, really smooth, very black and the lashes look great. The tube feels expensive and chunky.
However, I do feel like I get some black panda effect under my eyes and this really bugs me.
I bought this on a recommendation by Alice on theSupergorgeous blog who raved about it and Im not sad I got it. Just not 100% sure whether to buy it again!
I normally buy MAC mascaras and I have a Fairy Lashes from my Glossybox to try but this could be one I revisit at some stage - it's like a better version of the Benefit They're Real in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If your lashes need plumping, if they need lengthening, if they need volume, then this mascara just might do the trick for you. If your lashes are full and all you are looking to do is darken them or volumize them somewhat, try another mascara. This one will overdo it for you. It's just that simple. This mascara is astounding. I've been using it since it was introduced and frankly, I do consider it one of the best on the market for my needs.
My lashes are short and blonde. They can't be seen without mascara. Seriously, a few coats of this and my lashes look dark, fuller and yes, they do have more volume. They aren't magnified ridiculously, no. Just enough to look good. I'm not expecting miracles. After all, I know what I have to work with. I'm taking that into consideration and then, applying that to this mascara and what it does to my lashes. And what it does to my lashes is make them look a whole lot better for the money.
I spend a lot of cash on mascaras. I'm always curious to see if what people say works really does. Yes, this is a wet mascara. So I give it time to dry. That's not a problem for me. I'm patient because I know the results are well worth it.
Is it gloppy? The wand is certainly different. Look at the picture and you can see that. You have to adjust how you're going to use this tube, this wand and you'll figure it out. That's no big deal, either. There's a lot of mascara in that tube. It's huge. For me, the wand hits all of my lashes, even the tiny ones on the outer corners of my eyes. And my eyes are considered large. So more mascara, bigger tube, that's a plus in my book. It's very easy to handle.
It's a dark, dark mascara. Ink-black dark. I add some liner and my lashes seem even fuller.
I use two types of motions with this brush. The regular sweeping-up motion and then a gliding across motion. Using both of these seems to enhance my lashes with
this mascara. Perhaps because it is wetter and there is more mascara on the wand it works. If it was a drier formula, using a feathering across my lashes technique wouldn't apply anything at all.
No spider legs, either. My lashes are soft. No clumping. No flaking. Easy to remove, no lash fall-out.
High Impact Extreme Volume is a great mascara for someone with shorter lashes. It works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am pleasantly SURPRISED by this mascara because I have heard that Clinique mascara's are similar to Mac (so very mediocre) however this mascara is great for my tiny, thin and straight eyelashes. I have to put on several coats, but on me it doesn't clump, it is truly a dark black colour which I love and it stays in place in all day. It doesn't flake, it doesn't smudge, and I wore it out on a rainy day today and it lasted all day no problems. It adds length, volume and darkens my lashes wonderfully. I actually almost prefer it over my current HG Chanel mascara. I am truly surprised...I am happy I bought this impulsively at Shoppers Drugmart for $23 CND...I can thank the beauty blog Gh0stparties for inspiring this purchase!!

UPDATE: I've been wearing this all week and I've got to say that it is actually freakin amazing. I love that the lid "clicks" so you know it's closed properly too, so it won't dry out any time soon. I love that it doesn't flake and that it stays in place all day. It lengths well (volume though is so so, but I like length, black eyeliner does the "volume" trick) and it stays on so well that I need a waterproof eye makeup remover to thoroughly remove it hahaha. I have used Lancome, Chanel, Mac, you name it...Nothing has been THIS good, I am so surprised by Clinique. I also love the packaging. The wand is huge but it's thin so it's not hard to apply to my tiny eyelashes. My eyelashes are significantly longer with this mascara on and it makes all the difference in the world for me. Definitely repurchase. $23 is a lot better than the $45 Chanel mascara I was previously wearing.

UPDATE OVER A MONTH LATER: HG mascara. It's just amazing. I love everything about it and shortly I will be purchasing my second tube. Ladies with short eyelashes, this will work wonders for you. It has amazing staying power for not being a waterproof mascara, it has never smudged or flaked off in the hottest weather or even in rain. I'm in love!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by monty713

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Pass on this one. Clumps, (I should have realized this when the sales person said she was wearing it and her eyelashes looked ridiculous) smudges, smears and is difficult to wash off.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by dw018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this wanting to try new mascara brands and it isn't good at all. Its such a wet formula and clumps like no tomorrow! I cannot use it without my eyelashes looking like crap or it getting all over my eye lids.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although the formulation is good, the brush is an absolute nightmare to use. This is messy and applies WAY more mascara than anyone's lashes could take. Turning you into a big mess. Clinique get with the program. BUT I don't want to rate this badly because if you scrape all the mascara off and apply it, the. It's beautiful. Unfortunately because the packaging is so awful and turns me into a raging mess....the product clumps around the top and your mascara doesn't last very long. Why buy a mascara if you have to scrape ALL the product off. Grrrrrr!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by luckyunlucky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hated this mascara. I bought it on a whim during GWP over the usual High Impact. It is a bigger container which means it would last longer (if you could actually use up an entire tube of mascara). The price is higher than High Impact. I find this mascara clumpy. The brush makes me feel clumsy. It is flaky. I had to restrain from playing with my lashes because after the second swipe you are in spider-lashes territory. My boyfriend actually said "Ahhh what did you do!?" I really just hated it... Note that if you like thick mascaras that give you drama instantly you might like this... especially if you have thin, fine lashes that aren't very dense. I have fairly thick and dense lashes so this DID NOT work for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just like previous reviewers, I only bouth this because I love the original High Impact mascara. This one is nothing like the original! It is very difficult to apply, because the brush is huge and messy. After a couple of used it is covered with black goo, so that the bristles are barely doing their job. Forget aout painting those little lashes in the corners - the brush is too chunky and covered with the thick layer of black wet mascara. I always get this mascara transferred to my lids and it is so wet, it takes forever to dry. The wear is also poor, I find lots of black fallout under the eyes by the end of the day! Officially this is the worst mascara I own. Will not repurchase or recommend.