Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume

3.3

on 11/2/2013 7:26:00 PM

not sure i would purchase this again. i change mascaras a lot as i am still searching for my hg. any recommendations would be welcome! the packaging is gorgeous and screams quality. the black is a deep inky black, the perfect colour. the brush in my opinion lets it down. it is hard to coat the lashes evenly as a lot of colour is dispensed to start with and adding a second coat seems to make the eyelashes spidery. i would say this is more of a lengthing mascara, it doesn't really give the volume implied in the name. as i tend to look for volume rather than length i may not buy this mascara again.

on 10/23/2013 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've been repurchasing it for a long time now. This is the BEST mascara i've ever own.

on 10/20/2013 7:26:00 AM

My go-to mascara, was given it originally as a gift, and tried it once i finished my other mascara but have now converted to using the high impact extreme, creates great volume and length!

on 10/17/2013 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This reminds me of Benefit's They're Real but a little better with the volumizing. To me it is too glossy and although it lengthens my lashes, it does not give extreme volume. Maybe once it dries out just a bit I will like it more. For reference my ideal lashes come from using L'oreal Voluminous.

on 9/6/2013 10:30:00 PM

This is my go-to mascara. It volumizes and lengthens my eyelashes beautifully, and it really highlights my eyes. It does tend to get a bit clumpy if you apply too many layers, but otherwise, I have no complaints.

on 8/5/2013 2:52:00 PM

There really are not any positives to this mascara. It clumps and makes your eyelashes stick together instead of giving them volume. Lash combs really do not fix the problem. It is very messy to apply, I think partly because the wand is so huge. It's hard to coat all of your lashes without making a huge mess, particularly if you need to get at the roots like I do, as my lashes are blonde to the point of invisibility. Again, this can probably be attributed to the size of the wand. This mascara is too expensive for what it gives. I'm very disappointed with the results of this product.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

At first i hated this product, it made my lashed crunchy which is simply not acceptable to me no matter how awesome they look. Then I added a few drops of my generic latisse and now its much better.
The brush gets all your lashes and really lengthens and volumizes. That said, if you don't take care and time to comb slowly, it will deposit a huge clump of color (not a clump) on the roots of your lashes - you'll have to brush/comb it through with the wand.
I dont find the need to wear more than one coat and more than 2 = clumped together lashes.
This lasts all day/night and doesnt flake. It's not waterproof but is not easy to get *completely* off.
and if you poke yourself with the wand you might wish you'd died instead. Its super hard and hurts like a SOB.
Would I buy again - yes. This ties with Dior Iconic as my new fav... (fabulash is my fav for understated lashes)... this is great for when you don't mind if people know you wear mascara.

on 7/4/2013 3:46:00 PM

Very clumpy and sticks all my lashes together I'm not a fan of the brush and it gets way to much product on it

on 6/20/2013 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm really on the fence about this mascara - wish I could give it 3.5 lippies and a "maybe" on the repurchase.
I LOVE the way it goes on, really smooth, very black and the lashes look great. The tube feels expensive and chunky.
However, I do feel like I get some black panda effect under my eyes and this really bugs me.
I bought this on a recommendation by Alice on theSupergorgeous blog who raved about it and Im not sad I got it. Just not 100% sure whether to buy it again!
I normally buy MAC mascaras and I have a Fairy Lashes from my Glossybox to try but this could be one I revisit at some stage - it's like a better version of the Benefit They're Real in my opinion.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

If your lashes need plumping, if they need lengthening, if they need volume, then this mascara just might do the trick for you. If your lashes are full and all you are looking to do is darken them or volumize them somewhat, try another mascara. This one will overdo it for you. It's just that simple. This mascara is astounding. I've been using it since it was introduced and frankly, I do consider it one of the best on the market for my needs.
My lashes are short and blonde. They can't be seen without mascara. Seriously, a few coats of this and my lashes look dark, fuller and yes, they do have more volume. They aren't magnified ridiculously, no. Just enough to look good. I'm not expecting miracles. After all, I know what I have to work with. I'm taking that into consideration and then, applying that to this mascara and what it does to my lashes. And what it does to my lashes is make them look a whole lot better for the money.
I spend a lot of cash on mascaras. I'm always curious to see if what people say works really does. Yes, this is a wet mascara. So I give it time to dry. That's not a problem for me. I'm patient because I know the results are well worth it.
Is it gloppy? The wand is certainly different. Look at the picture and you can see that. You have to adjust how you're going to use this tube, this wand and you'll figure it out. That's no big deal, either. There's a lot of mascara in that tube. It's huge. For me, the wand hits all of my lashes, even the tiny ones on the outer corners of my eyes. And my eyes are considered large. So more mascara, bigger tube, that's a plus in my book. It's very easy to handle.
It's a dark, dark mascara. Ink-black dark. I add some liner and my lashes seem even fuller.
I use two types of motions with this brush. The regular sweeping-up motion and then a gliding across motion. Using both of these seems to enhance my lashes with
this mascara. Perhaps because it is wetter and there is more mascara on the wand it works. If it was a drier formula, using a feathering across my lashes technique wouldn't apply anything at all.
No spider legs, either. My lashes are soft. No clumping. No flaking. Easy to remove, no lash fall-out.
High Impact Extreme Volume is a great mascara for someone with shorter lashes. It works.