Illamasqua Powder Blusher - Naked Rose

4.3

on 4/27/2013 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I chose Naked Rose because it's so useful for many makeup looks and gives a soft beige rose color. It's like the little black dress of blush and works for just about everyone. What I like about these is Illamasqua seems to use a white base, so the color stays the same throughout the day and does not change.

on 3/16/2013 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a beautiful product. Smooth, pigmented, easy to blend out. The color is a perfect every day color for my very pale, warm toned skin. This is what I reach for when I'm at a loss for what will work well with a look. It doesn't clash with bright or bold eye looks, and looks very natural. Be gentle with your brush, though! I get alot of product kick up if I swirl too hard.

on 3/10/2013 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've worn this almost continuously since I bought it, and I have a lot of other blushes I could choose from. That's a good indication of how much I like it. I wasn't sure about it from how it looked in the pan, it looked too pale and washed out for me, but on the skin it pulls to a very flattering pretty neutral matte pink.

Not hugely pigmented but easy to layer and blend out. Works well with both neutral and more intense looks, I've worn this night and day and like the effect it gives.

on 3/6/2013 3:30:00 PM

I am around N10 (leaning cool) and this blush provides the perfect natural neutral pink color to my cheeks (I know that was a mouthful, haahaa).
Looking at the blush in the pan you see a dusty cool leaning mid tone pink, and when applied to my fair face it becomes a true neutral pink. I do not detect any brown in the blush, but I almost think there is a small hint in there just because the color becomes so natural on the cheek.
This blush has the same formula as other matte Illamasqua blushes, it is powdery (but not chalky) and very pigmented. It also wears all day on my oily skin with minimal oxidation (maybe darkens by half a shade by the end of the day).
I would recommend applying this blush sparingly and building to the intensity that you desire since it is so pigmented. Because the powder is so finely milled it blends like a dream so you won't be left with any harsh lines.
Overall this is one of my favorite blushes and I think it would suit a wide variety of skin-tones since it is universally flattering color.

on 2/20/2013 11:28:00 AM

Absolutely beautiful blush that would work on any skintone. It is extremely pigmented and easy to apply. It wears beautifully and lasts a long time. I would recommend applying lightly and building on the application since it is so pigmented. I honestly have never had a blush wear so well, I will never go back! The only negative is that it is hard to find, i had to order it online!

on 1/13/2013 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HG neutral pink blush. On my NC20 skin this shows up as a neutral rosy pink. I am happy because it doesn't pull brown or peach and also doesn't oxidize to orange at all. It's a simple yet beautiful matte pink. My husband even took notice to say thatI looked "healthy" wearing this blush. Illamasqua Katie is lighter and milkier, Exposed is darker and more brown. I feel that Naked Rose is a perfect balance of the above listed blushes and give me that rosy glow I get if I've run a couple miles. It's bit powdery but manageable. Lastly I love that it's matte because then you have a choice to leave it matte or add a highlighter of your choice. Perfection!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am going to have to commit and say that this is my all-time HG blush. I have a lot of blushes that I love, and many that have been favorites in the past, but none are as great as Naked Rose. It is simply perfect, I can't even describe how wonderful it really is. In the pan, it looks like a light, milky cool pink tinged with just a bit of lavender. On my skin (PPP, about NC15ish, lighter in the winter) it actually looks a little bit darker and more neutral. Naked Rose just turns into the most perfect, glowing, natural, amazing flush on my cheeks. It wears very nicely too, like all Illamasqua blushes. I've used it every day since I got it, and I am likely to use it quite often from here on out. A+++, probably one of my best purchases of the year.

on 11/15/2012 5:01:00 AM

Im sooooo glad to get my hands on this shade..It was the last piece kept in the counter and i just lovee it..I always wanted a very nice subtle pink girl which will make my cheeks stand out.. I'm medium skin color and light pinks don't really show on me that much..But this color just does the work..It just gives a light tint as if im blushing naturally and make my skin glow too.. Definitely would recommend everyone to check this shade out <3

on 11/11/2012 11:31:00 PM

Gorgeous blush! I have countless blushes in my makeup case and I can't seem to make any of the work for me. I am pale (NC15) and this is the perfect amount of colour for me without looking like I've streaked a fat pink stripe over my face. It blends lovely and lasts all day and has the TINIEST hint of shimmer to reflect lighting in photographs. I wear it everyday, a little more for evening. Use with a light hand when you start out.

on 10/8/2012 7:27:00 PM

This is my 7th Illa blush and I honestly think it's my favorite!

As with all Illa, it is crazy pigmented, very long wearing, powdery but not in a "chalky face" way. They melt into your skin,

I've been searching for a color that goes with EVERYTHING and the boards forever screamed Tarte Exposed. I like exposed, but for my coloring it pulls entirely too much brown, so it sits untouched in my "graveyard" drawer. This, on the other hand, is a lovely muted rose that stands out just enough.

I absolutely adore it. And cannot recommend it enough for pale girlies like myself.

Popular Blush Products