April 18, 2014 | 1523 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Tarte - Clean Slate Poreless 12 hr perfecting primer

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by alyxayavong

I got this as a sample before I planned on purchasing it and thank The Lord that I did because this BROKE ME OUT! I'm talking cystic acne. And I know it was this product because it was the only thing I was using that was different in my makeup routine. So I knew it had to be this primer. Besides the breakouts, it did fill in my pores and fine lines. But I disliked the oily residue feeling it gave. I would not be repurchasing solely on the fact that it broke me out badly. But everyone has different skin types and experienced. Unfortunately mines was horrible with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I got this in sample size a while a go for $19 at Sephora (which is SUPER expensive, but whatever). I wish I had the money to get my hands on the full sized one! I have used many primers and this is by far the best one! It is smooth and odorless, application is super easy. It left my face poreless and actually made foundation last throughout the day (I have oily skin). I once ran out of eye primer while doing my cousin's makeup, and she has extremely oily eyelids. This thing kept her eyeshadow impecable and bright the whole night. So it has multiple uses! You ladies should definitely try this!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by aviernes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First of all, I've been using this product for about almost a year now, everyday. When you first apply the product it goes on very nicely and preps nicely for makeup application. It goes on smooth and silky and has a silicone feel to it. But within a few hours, I noticed that it did not help with oiliness nor with makeup staying power which it claims to be 12-hours. I'm just trying to use up the product because it is pricey, about $30-$40 from Sephora but I definitely am not going to repurchase. I feel like you can get the same product from the drug store for way cheaper and it actually reminds me of the Hard Candy pore perfecting primer. As for packaging, its really great. Comes in a tube and the amount of product dispensed can easily be controlled. Overall, it is not a good/great product for its price and did not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Karinka21

Oh my god this primer should have been named orgasm. It's soo good!! The quality, the way it goes onto your skin + it does help reduce pores...and definitely feel like it helps my make up (even my BB cream) stay on all day. Only bad thing is its quite pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Leeleegbb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far this has been the winner for me in pore reduction. It goes on smooth and and really makes my skin look like it has better texture. Other good products are the Sephora primer and Goshs'. Another point...toners really help with skin issues and pore size...so I would recommend finding a toner that works well for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Cheerhottiexoxo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was ok at first , when you apply it it's smooth and makes your make up feel like it's being blended nice but looking in the mirror after a few hours this made me look so caked and made everything more noticeable for instance a break out between my eye brows , this did not make my makeup stay on longer at all

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This made absolutely no difference in my makeup except it went on a little smoother. I do not recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have "normal" skin, but my eye lids, upper cheeks and forehead get oily! I bought this in the pack with two other Tarte primers for $12 Canadian dollars. It feels thick at first, but once you blend it in you can't feel it, It doesn't have a scent, and it really does make my pores look smaller! It makes me face look really smooth! It's okayish with helping with oil, not the best, but not bad. Overall it's a pretty good primer! The only problem I had with it was, it clogged my pores something fierce. I don't get zits, and if I do it's only one or two around that time of the month. But whenever I use this I do get black heads, or white heads. So do watch out!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by MissPandamonium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was looking forward to trying this primer out as it was more natural than most other primers. So I had pretty high hopes for it.
Unfortunately, I can't say it did much. Sure it made my pores slightly less visible. Nothing amazing. Can't say it did much for fine lines either or for keeping my make up where it is.
Luckily, I only purchased a tiny sample tube.
I guess its time for me to fork out on the Benefit Porefessional.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by starbuck777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using this for several months I'm incredibly sad to say that this primer just didn't work for me. I love tarte's tinted moisturizer and I'm really eager to continue trying their other products though.

Honestly, I thought this was really good primer at first but after some time I noticed that the medium/large sized pores were getting LARGER. Like HUUUUUUUUGE. It completely freaked me out, got sad, thought my skin was doomed for life, until I remembered that this all started happening around the same time I bought this. Perhaps I can't use silicone products, I have no idea, but I'm sad to say that I'll be moving on from the "pore-less" primer.