April 17, 2014 | 1088 users online

Treatments - TRESemme - Split Remedy Leave-in Conditioning Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had been using a leave-in from Garnier that was complete garbage, but it was all I had at the time. Well, that ran out, so I "borrowed" this leave-in from my mom... And let's just say that she never got it back. This stuff is awesome! I have super thick, curly hair that tangles if you just so much as LOOK at it. If I run this through my hair immediately after washing it, my hair becomes so much smoother and softer. I can even - GASP - skip using a curl smoothing creme! More often than not, I'll wash my hair before bed, run some of this conditioning treatment through it, and wake up with smooth curls. I'm in love.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by xlinhlinhx

The product has white bits in it that stick to your hair and is impossible to remove unless you wash your hair again. I didn't notice this the first time I used it on my dry hair. I only noticed it when I used on my towel-dried hair. At first, I thought that maybe I didn't completely wash off my shampoo or conditioner. However, I pumped a bit of product on my hand and swirled it around and saw there were indeed white bits in the product itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 7:58:00 AM More reviews by kerensalee

First off, let me start off by saying that I have medium-long length hair that is extremely coarse, damaged, and thick. I absolutely love this stuff. I use a detangler first, and then I work this into the ends of my hair. I have noticed quite a difference in softness.

As the other user mentioned, there were white bits in it. For me, it was all white, and a light consistency.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I start off by saying WTF. Mine has white bits in it! Anyone else have this problem?
Anyways I like the smell but it doesn't seem to be helping and the white bits make me look like I have dandruff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Yamiek

I LOVE this product! For me it does exactly what it says it'll do. I find that my hair has less split ends and it makes my hair so soft its unbelievable. The product itself is very liquid, and the smell i love and it lingers in your hair. It says to use 2-3 pumps when your hair is damp but i only use 1 1/2 for my long hair and then i use half a pump after im done straightening my hair to seal away any frizz.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this stuff! My hair is fine in texture but feels very thick and tangles super easily. It's wavy and color-treated so there always flyaways, split ends and frizz at the ends. On an average day, I don't heat style my hair nor do I use hair styling products such as hairspray. I just need something simple to help control my hair without making it feel crunchy, greasy, etc.

If you don't like regular anti-frizz creams (found they weighed my hair down too much) or shine/frizz serums and oils (my hair gets oily super fast and no matter the amount I use or the brand, they always just make my hair look greasy), this lightweight lotion may be perfect for you.

Personally, I like the smell, reminds me of the Vidal Sassoon products I used as a teenager. This calms frizz, makes my hair easier to detangle and improves the look of my split ends. By no means am I saying it repairs the hair (not really sure any product can do that on a permanent level), but it definitely makes a difference in the way my ends look. For less than $5, I have no complaints about this product. If you have super frizzy, super thick or coarse hair, this probably won't be a great option, but if you have fine or thin hair, definitely check this out.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by lavenderwig

i use the dove damage therapy intensive repair shampoo and conditioner, then put a pump of this leave-in and a half a pump of the aussie split end protector in my hair when i am done with my shower and when my hair is still very wet but not dripping. i braid my hair as my hairstyle every day and i can tell my ends are better from my routine. i also use a tiny bit of this one my ends if they're getting frizzy. you can just feel your hair getting better, i can't really explain it, but luckily the whole tresemme split remedy line is cheap. i know at least the shampoo and the serum are must haves, but everything else seems you could leave em. i wouldn't wanna leave this leave-in conditioner. my ends are so much better now that i use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by cece1007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My below shoulder thick curly hair was frizzy, dry and non-responsive to conditioners and other hair products...I had tried everything...I found this on a rec/list in another blog and gave it a try...I love my hair...It is softer, flatter, and very lively...This is a great product...I simply put it on the ends and then ran my hair through my hair...Really, it seems to get better each day...I would certainly rec/this product...I don't believe you will be disappointed...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by listentonothing

The product is a semi-light milky consistency that has a slight tack to it. It moisturizes your hair but it doesn't make you feel "luxurious" nor does it tame tangles which are also huge causes of split ends. Application is slightly sticky and not well distributed due to it's thickness. Smell is kind of off putting as well. I would say if your hair needs thick moisture in it then I guess this can be used for that, otherwise it just makes my hair feel slightly waxed with a sticky feeling. I want to love it but I just can't.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by decoded

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried the whole Nexxus and Tresemme split end line around the same time, and neither worked. I have some very bad split ends and roughness at the tips of my hair. I was hoping to avoid having to get a cut because I am trying to grow my hair out. But really from what I have read online and beauty shows I have seen none of these split end shampoos, conditioners, or treatments work to mend split ends. From what I have gathered all these do is bind the split ends together temporarily, but it will never heal the split ends. Sadly only trims help with split ends.