October 31, 2014 | 902 users online

Lipstick - Chantecaille - Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am mediterranean so I like medium to dark colours for my lips.

This is the best you can get! The rest of the Lipsticks just try to be good , Chantecaille is actaully achieving it like many have said...I can't describe the colors very well they all are a masterpiece in their own right and imho the most underrated brand in Make-Up and in a way it's beter this way . So maybe if I feel low I will keep buying them in colours that I fancy the name...till I have them all...

Oooooooh !!

Many thanks to all of you for such great reviews that made me discover the best of the best !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I have two Chantecaille lipsticks, Vega and Bloom, and both are rather stunning in how luxuriously creamy and flattering they are. Vega is a HG lipstick for me - very unique shade. It looks a neutral brown in the tube, quite boring, but goes on as a beautiful caramel nude. I'm NC30 and lipsticks always go on pinker than they really are on me, so this was quite a find. I find so many popular lipsticks overrated (Chanel, Armani) but I think Chantecaille is an unsung hero. Maybe because the counters aren't as widely disseminated. Women looking for high-quality lipsticks should really check these out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by HesterB

Chantecaille's lipsticks really are fantastic - I have Cranberry, a deep, plushy red which gives that glamorous, 40s look better than any other lipstick I've ever tried (but that's been discontinued, I think), and Poppy, a brighter, clearer crimson, which is more modern. Both are very pigmented and last well, perfect for wearing alone with no other make-up for understated chic. My lips never look fuller or more luscious. The only drawback is the astonishing price: 21. TWENTY ONE POUNDS. Yes, you get a little blue satin bag to keep them in, but even so, that's a lot for a lipstick...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Tristan77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE Chantecaille's lipsticks! My favorite lipstick for the past 5 years is, "Cardamom."
That shade is perfect for me, an it works for day or night. Because of my fair coloring and
light blonde hair, I find it hard to get a lipstick where the color doesn't bring out the pink in my skin.
Cardamom is incredible. Aside from the shade, this is one of the only lipsticks that has not had an
"icky" smell. It feels great on your lips and I will buy this again and again.
My only gripe is that it is SUPER expensive, at around $28 a tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 10:57:00 AM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I find myself somewhat shocked about Chantecaille lip colour. So very many rave reviews re lasting power, superb pigmentation that allows for layering to desired look, long-lasting. Unfortunately this was not my experience. I am reviewing both Azalea and Hyacinth regular formula. As others have noted, it does indeed go on very slick; however IMO therein lies one of the problems. Sadly, this lipstick in both colors faded before I had finished my morning coffee, leaving no stain on my mouth. Now, I will say that there *is* something unique about the formula; whereas before I tried these I assumed it to be in the fact that it was praised for keeping lips moist without fading away. As stated above, not the case with me. Also, less than one half hour, the lipstick started to the that "separating" thing that starts from the inside of the lip leaving it bare.

NOW, the shades themselves? Nothing less than supberb in the purity of each ones pigmentation. Azalea is an absolutely stunning deepish, yet vibrant rose while Hyacinth is a gorgeous red wine berry.

Well, so be it. Would I try buying this again? Probably, just to see whether these things happened again.

Overall, I really did want these lipsticks to work out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2005 10:08:00 AM More reviews by kandy_rocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Almost a year ago I had my one & only opportunity to visit a Chantecaille counter & I'm still planning my return trip! I purchased Lotus and couldn't be more pleased with this lippie. As others have stated, the texture is sublime. Smooth, soft & the application is even & true. This particular shade is a 'pop' color for me. It instantly brightens my LLL cool toned complexion. Not in a 'wow' way, in a subtle way which I have not found in any other shade of lippie. As the reviews below state, it does wear evenly~several of my HG's sadly don't do this and I dislike that look where your inner mouth is bare & the stain is only on the edges :( For cosmetic reasons, I need to wear a lip liner 99% of the time. With Lotus I can slick it on when I'm in a hurry and it looks fine! I actually tried on another shade while at the counter that was a lighter version of Lotus and for the life of me I can't recall it's name & the swatches are truly horrible at neimanmarcus.com IMHO. If you have a chance to check these out you won't regret it, and if you have convenient access to Chantecaille I am greeeeeeeen with envy :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2005 7:17:00 AM More reviews by alijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in Angelica which is a deep neutral brownish shade. I wasn't crazy about the color on me but the texture for a lipstick is awesome. Very creamy and moist. However, I don't know what the ingredients are and something in it gave me a headache. I tried to wear it a few times with the same reaction. I had to give it away but I would have bought this in another color if it had worked for me. My allergy aside this is a great lipstick and worth the extra money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2005 9:40:00 AM More reviews by primflower

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to try the Chantecaille lipsticks after reading the reviews here.

My biggest problem with lippy's is that nearly all brands dry my lips out. I've been wearing my Chantecaille in Lotus for 2 days now, and so far, no dryness, which is great.

The lippy is very lightweight on, the colour is beautiful, a true rose with a slightly cool undertone - its probably a tad too cool for me, but it still looks good. My lips feel soft and moisturised.

The staying power is interesting, I just ate a salad for lunch, with an oil dressing, and yet the colour is still on my lips. It has left a very pretty stain, and its wearing evenly - no patches of colour.

Overall, I am totally loving this lipstick, and if my lips dont react to it, I will buy many more.

UPDATE: Now been wearing these lipsticks for 2 weeks - no other brand has been near my lips since I found these! No drying, colour stays true,just totally gorgeous.

EDITED TO UPDATE: Its now been 3 months, and I am STILL not wearing any other lipstick brand. I still wear other glosses, but for lippy, my heart belongs to Chantecaille :).
What a pity I never found a 2 drug store lippy I like so much1

FURTHER EDIT - April 13 2006. Been wearing these for a year now. Still can find nothing to compare in wear and comfort. These are so expensive but I will continue to buy them. I now own Lotus, Rosewood,Nebula, Flax, and Amande.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2005 1:26:00 PM More reviews by infogirl

OMG!! I adore Chantecaille lipsticks- they are lush, rich, creamy and the color selection is vast. Another thing, depending on your lips pigment and of course, your coloring- the way each lipstick looks varies from girl to girl. My best friend and I both have Nymphea lipstick and the cool pinky aspect comes out on her while on me with my pigmented lips and warmer skin tone the pink is definately more warm rosey- cool huh?:) I am ADDICTED to these awesome lipsticks and the packaging is tres chic....5 star product no doubt!! Here are my color descriptions- Nymphea- a nuetral creamy medium pink with a slight warm rose undertone; can be worn by any coloring and a lovely spring color. Lotus- my ABSOLUTE fave color- a true neutral rose that is a clear color with no undertones; if anything is could fall more on the cool spectrum. Amande is a soft beige with strong pink undertones- definately warm but has a hint of tan in there too; it is a complex color and would be awesome on lll skin or redheads.Fig is a deep rich beautiful plum with brown undertones. It is a lovely fall or winter color and would be especially beautiful on dark haired fair skinned girls. Raffia is a true soft pinky beige- a great daytime color or if you prefer a soft mouth this is a great base; definately neutral not too warm and no strong cool pink.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2005 2:43:00 PM More reviews by gracielet

Icredilbly loisturizing, if this was all I ever wore, I wouldn't need lipbalm ever. Colors seem to be largely neutral.