March 2, 2015 | 1290 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2015 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Jolive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in sand beige and I think it is decent, but I am not a huge fan of it. It is very scented and although it´s a pleasant scent, I am wary because my skin is sensitive to fragrance. The shade is too pinkish /pig-colored for my warm skin tone. I expected "sand beige" to have more yellow in it. Coverage is buildable, it blends well. It is not a bad product and I will use it up, but will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2015 4:57:00 PM More reviews by ilyxdorkfaceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to love the old formula for this foundation. The new formula is pretty awful.... I went back to this foundation after my acne came back and wanted to really try to cover up my scarring. It did, but it would easily smear off from just touching it throughout the day... It made my face look entirely caked on. Plus, it was causing more acne as well. After I stopped using it I haven't had any new breakouts..

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2015 1:21:00 PM More reviews by winnieluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

24hrs? perfect skin for 24 hrs and customise to your skin type? Medium to full coverage, love how good it looks when I first applied... but then ....it got so cakey after I dust my Chanel setting powder on (a big NO NO).

Second trial without setting powder, it does provide that perfect looking skin, it does last the whole day and still makes me look fresh when I got home from a full day work (from a distance), just don't look too close in the mirror, cause I can see little tiny patches on the tip of my nose and some other area...

I guess it's not too bad for the price and now I only use it on casual days or maybe I will try using a more moisturising base next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2015 8:28:00 AM More reviews by thesojourner

I decided to purchase this foundation this past Sunday at Target, same day I purchased the Rimmel BB cream.

I've been looking for a medium/full coverage foundation that will not cake, will not settle into fine lines, and give great coverage (aren't we all). I soooo wanted to love this foundation, because I've read so many great reviews for it ever since it came out, but I have tried revlon foundations in the past, and hated them all. But I never tried the Colorstay. So, I broke down, got the one for dry skin, in the color Fresh Beige - even though it did not exactly have the warm undertones I am wanting. I will admit the color, much to my surprise, did look very natural on me. The coverage however - ugh. Barely. I even tried to build it up a bit. No go. It didn't cake or settle into fine lines though. The Rimmel BB gives more coverage than this Colorstay. I am returning and maybe try the whipped formula.

The Pros: it did stay on, didn't settle into fine lines, didn't cake

Cons: not good coverage - light coverage foundation

Not cheap, but not overly priced either. Will try the whipped formula - read it was better, but of course, never know till one tries.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2015 11:29:00 PM More reviews by CayleeRosie

In terms of drugstore foundation this is amazing however I would like it to have a foundation pump and so the bottle could be better as it's difficult to get the foundation out at times. There is a wide selection of colors and so I doubt anyone would struggle to find their match. Remember this foundation is for oily skin types and won't work for a dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2015 4:43:00 AM More reviews by KodyT13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

So, overall it's a pretty nice foundation, good color match for a drugstore foundation (I'm super pale with neutral undertones.). I usually buy high end foundation for the color match but I was on a budget and grabbed this to tide me over. It's a little pinky but otherwise was pale enough and had decent coverage. It did dry out my skin, which I wasn't very fond of, but the number one thing that just killed me about this was the oxidization. Like I said, I'm super pale, I can't have my foundations darkening much or at all on me and this sadly did. It darkened to an orangey tone which was worse. The bottle also has no pump so product would pour out all over my hand when I used it. It's a nice product but not for me. Plus the formula for oily skin did nothing to combat my oil. Won't be repurchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2015 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Isuperloveyou

Great coverage. I have some slight redness on my cheeks which I like to conceil, and this product gives me great coverage. I used this when I worked at a holiday park with kids during summer, so that means a lot of sun, running, being pushed into the swimming pool unexpectedly. It stayed on perfectly the whole day!! They have a lot of shades for warm, medium, and cold toned skin, which is great because I always feel like a lot of foundations that I've tried are too light or too orangy for me. It's quite thick and heavy so I would not recommend this to acne prone skin. The smell is kind of chemical but I don't mind at all. It dries/sets fast so blend quickly!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2015 3:20:00 PM More reviews by EleanorJ1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this. It took forever to find a foundation that was perfect for me (9 years to be exact) but I think I've finally done it. I have pretty bad rosacea and it was hard to find something with enough coverage, so I would end up caking anything I had into my face just to cover it. With this I don't have to, 1-2 pumps is enough. I blend it with the real techniques expert face brush and apply concealer under my eyes as needed and finish with the Rimmel stay matte powder. I've found it gives perfect coverage, no cakey look and it lasts all day. The packaging the only bad thing, the bottle is quite large compared to other foundations which is good, but there's no pump. Luckily I had an empty foundation bottle with a pump and I just stick it in there when I need. I can't believe I wasted so much time and money on high end foundations when I could've been using this all along.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2015 10:24:00 AM More reviews by mimibarber2601

I spent years finding the right foundation for me, and finally I found this and feel it's my HG.

I've got combination skin and I'm quite fussy about coverage and the "look" that a foundation gives me - I HATE cakey looking foundation. A friend had bought the wrong shade and luckily it was mine so when she gave it to me I tried it out. AMAZING. Until the day I find anything else I shall definitely be sticking to this.

It's also so worth the price - I look back and can't actually believe I bought foundations from Chanel, Lancome, Dior and the likes and spent all the money I did when this was in drugstores all along!

The only negative maybe is the packaging - this would be so perfect if it had a pump - I look like an absolute moron when the bottle is coming to its end and I'm trying to get the last of the product out (and even then quite a lot can be left in the bottle)!

Definitely rebuying and have recommended it to other people too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 6:16:00 PM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the only foundation I've constantly repurchased. It's not cheap by any means as it now costs almost 15-20 dollars per bottle but it's good, especially if you can find it for around 10 bucks
It isn't as long wearing as it claims to be, but I always reach for this for events and I know my foundation is going to look okay for at least 5 or 6 hours, and I won't look bad in pictures.
The coverage is pretty good, but it is not full. Not unless you really layer this on. And speaking of layering it on, this stuff will finish fast. A bottle finished kind of fast with daily use when I wanted more coverage because I'm lazy and I've never used concealer before, despite me having pretty bad acne for most of my teenage years. (Yes, I am being serious).
So technically, in the long run I'm guessing buying a high end foundation would be the better choice, because I can find a better match for my skin, know that my foundation looks great even 10 hours later, and use less product.
For some odd reason though, I still do reach for my Colorstay bottle somewhat regularly, but maybe that's because deep down inside I can't seem to part with it after all these years.

So would I recommend this to a friend? Yes! But only if they didn't want to buy high end at all, and don't wear foundation every day.