Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Alcohol Denat., Alumina, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Laureth-7, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Salicylic Acid, Silk Powder, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Serica (Silk), Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 7/11/2015 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

In trying out liquid drugstore foundations Revlon Colorstay is tied with L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte. I'm NC 30 and the color Golden Beige 300 is a spot on perfect match for me. Texture is fine. Not to heavy, not too light. Coverage is more medium than full even though Revlon claims it is full coverage. I need to add a bit more to my red areas on my cheeks and corners of my nose, but just a dab more really. I didn't really find it very matte though until I set it with powder, but once it's set especially with a good primer it looks smooth.

As for it staying matte, well, no. After three hours I was an oil slick. Out came the blotting papers and touch up dusting of powder. As for staying powder with the exception of the corners of around my nose and mouth it stayed on for eight hours. I'd say I saw more wearing out around 12 hours, but that is more than acceptable for me. Haven't test the "24" staying power claim.

Packaging sucks. Revlon really has this thing for glass bottles. What do they have against squeeze tubes? At least put a pump on top!

I'll definitely buy this again. I think the L'Oreal is a bit better staying power in the heat and I like the fact that I don't need to set with powder after applying. Its slightly more yellow color is good in the summer when I do get a bit redder. In the winter though when I'm less red and greasy I'll reach for the Revlon for its cheaper price and perfect color match.

on 7/11/2015 7:26:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this foundation after hearing it was a dupe for the Estee Lauder Double Wear. I love the double wear but it broke me out pretty bad. So I thought that I would give the Revlon Colorstay ago thinking that the formulation may be a tad different so it may not break me out like ELDW does. Unfortunately that wasn't the case :( after a week of wearing the foundation I started to break out. At first I put it down to hormones, and I so wanted it to be hormones because I love this foundation. In the end I had to face reality and admit that it was the foundation that was breaking me out. I picked the Revlon colorstay in 150 buff. I accidentally picked up the normal to dry skin formulation, I must have been so excited to get home and try this that I didn't pay attention the the different formulations. I have combination skin, so if I was paying more attention I would have picked up the combination/oily skin formulation. As it turns out the formulation I picked up was fine for me really, I didn't get oily through out the day, didn't need touch ups and it lasted till the late hours of the evening. I will only probably wear this now for special occasions just because its got a great coverage and last through out the day. Unfortunately it wont be my every day foundation just because it breaks me out, which is so sad :(

on 7/8/2015 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is such a good medium to full coverage foundation with a nice natural finish. If you're looking for sheer to light coverage howver, don't buy this. I have used this foundations many times and have gone through tubes of it. My skin is on the dryer side and when it's more dry this doesn't look the best as it can cling to my dry areas HOWEVER when my skin is less dry to normal, this foundation looks great. The coverage is amazing and the finish isn't dewy but also isn't matte it's just nice and natural. If you have acne or need to cover up definitely get this foundation its coverage is soooo good (epmashis on so). If your skin is really dry though I wouldn't get this as it can make the dry areas more noticeable. When my skin isn't dry and I wear it it looks great though some lady in 7/11 even came up to me and complimented my makeup and how nice it looked and asked what I was wearing! I think this foundation in the normal to dry formula is best for normal skins definitely pick this up its one of the best drugstore foundations I've ever tried (I have test out a lot).

on 7/3/2015 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is one of my favorite foundations. It is full coverage, and also looks great in photos. It does not have SPF which helps keep it matte. It's easiest applied with your fingers to be honest, it spreads it easier. I also always apply a blush over just because it is a very heavy full coverage that works very well. I have an awkward uneven complexion and this helps a LOT with keeping it from being an eye sore.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I actually really enjoy this foundation. I have the one for combination/ oily skin. I remember using this a couple years ago before they reformulated it to "24 hours" back when it said "soft flex" and had spf in it. that version would settle into my pores apon application, this version however does not do that! I also love the staying power of this, definitely not 24 hours of wear, but definitely a good 8+ hours on my super oily skin. when the oil started to break through, this liquid did not budge at all! very impressed with this new version of colorstay!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

An oldie but a goodie. I recently rediscovered this beauty as a result of constant frustrations with other foundations that just weren't working for me. I used to be a committed Estee Lauder Double Wear user but somewhere along the way, my skin changed and so did their formula… one or the other, either way it no longer works for me and makes me look old and cakey.

The Revlon colourstay range for me has a much better colour match compared to something like Mac. I’m an NC25 in mac but it never looks 100%, where as Revlon colourstay in fresh beige, 250, is a much better fit.

Revlon Colourstay for oily/combination 250 fresh beige

Pro:
- Easy to blend
- Good colour range for neutral skin
- Good staying power
- Good coverage
- Well priced

Con:
- Can look cakey if too much is applied
- Can look flat without illuminating blush or highlight
- Occasional flashback in photographs depending on type of camera
- Cheap plastic lid

For the price this is a really great foundation and for me trumps the current estee lauder double wear formula.

on 6/25/2015 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a miss for me. This foundation is really really cakey for me, it looks like a mask as soon as I put it on. It doesn't look natural at all. I tried with a brush, with a sponge, with my fingers, etc..... but it doesn't work for me. Also, as soon as I blow my nose, it gets on the tissue and my nose is left with foundation spots on it. I'm really not a fan. If you are looking for heavy coverage, this might be perfect for you, but I'm looking more for a skin finish!

on 6/19/2015 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I heard rave reviews about this foundation so I wanted to try it out. I've tried a lot of different foundations because my skin is a really true olive and most companies I've tried haven't matched my skin tone perfectly. I have the foundation in Sand Beige, which is a good neutral colour. It's for lighter skin tones since it shows up quite pale on my skin when I have a tan.

I've tried a lot of different ways to apply this foundation and it's still pretty cakey and generally looks unnatural. I haven't been able to sheer it out even when I'm using damp sponges, brushes or my fingers. I'm not convinced that this product is one that I'll ever love or even like. It's also got a strong smell that fades once applied, but as the day went on, I realized that I could actually smell the foundation while I was out. It's not a smell that I like, so that was bothering.

I agree with other reviewers that it broke me out around my chin. For that reason, I'll stop using the foundation to see if my skin clears up. If it does, then the foundation is the reason that I've got so many breakouts around the lower part of my face. It made my skin worse. Yikes.

The packaging is terrible and it was difficult to find a pump that fit the bottle. I use the pump from my Boscia cleansing oil since it was used up and it fit the bottle decently. I hate the packaging and wouldn't repurchase just because it's such a pain to get the same amount out every time.

I didn't find any good matches to my skin tone and I'm not impressed with the formulation. It seems like a lot of people liked the old formulation and I wish I could try that one. It's got a pretty hefty price since I've had foundations cheaper than this one that worked better. I've also had foundations that were a bit more expensive and those were much better. I'd recommend saving your money for a foundation that is more versatile, or one that is cheaper and has better formulation. Overall, I won't repurchase because it doesn't do anything that would merit the price.

on 6/18/2015 2:32:00 PM

Firstly, it's great to finally find a foundation that matches my skin - I'm extremely pale and have to mix Manic Panics white foundation into other foundations just so it's wearable. So I rate it 5/5 for colour range. However, that seems to be the only truly rewarding thing about this foundation. I've applied it with my fingers, with a brush and with a sponge and although it applies nicely with the sponge, due to the consistency of the foundation, I have to use A LOT. It manages to even out the skin tone perfectly despite it being a light coverage foundation at best. It is a great foundation to put powder over but I'd have liked to not have heavy make up on every single day. It's a little bit too expensive considering how little coverage it actually offers. It doesn't come with a pump, just a lid you screw on and off which is irritating to pour out onto the back of my hand every morning. Avoid putting anywhere near your eye lids as it creases and is incredibly greasy around that area. It does last an awful long time, I'll credit it that but more often or than not I can't help but assume it's because of the powder, rather than the actu foundation. I'd buy it again purely because of the skin matching and only if it was a 3 for 2 offer on and I couldn't think of anything else to buy. Not the worst foundation but far, far from the best.

on 6/16/2015 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This 24 hour formula is nowhere near the original foundation. It did not cover redness and made me break out around my jawline/ chin. It does have great staying power, but I did not find any coverage and oil peaked through after a few hours. Would not recommend for those who are acne prone.