L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 1/11/2015 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Let me just start off by saying I love this BB cream. It is a staple product for me especially when I need to get my makeup on quickly. I use my fingers and rub it in and it evens out my skin tone and makes me look 10x better. Though it does not cover blemishes completely I think that's perfectly fine as I just use a concealer over those areas! My skin looks really natural with this and I don't think me slim has ever looked bad with this stuff on! I love it! However it does looks slightly orange but it's barely noticeable. I do set this with a powder because that's what I do with all my foundation/BB creams but I think oily skinned girls may have to be careful when trying this out as I think it may make you oily throughout the day. However with my normal to dry skin I think this is perfect and I will most definitely repurchase this

on 12/27/2014 1:49:00 AM

This product was nice. It comes in a squeeze tube form, so I just squeeze it out on the back of my hand. It looks like a white liquid with dark beads in them, and when you rub it into your skin it adapts to your skin color. You need to shake it well before you apply, or else it may look dark or orangey. It also does not have spf, so you'll have to apply that on before the bb cream. It doesn't feel heavy and lasts for the entire day. Feels smooth, and covers up really well.

on 12/26/2014 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love this stuff. Possibly my Holy Grail face product. It is by no means what a traditional BB cream, but in my opinion i see it as an equivalent for a foundation. Its great for everyday, and even for formal events since its a product that you can put on your face and trust it to look great without searching for a mirror every hour to check on it. I get hormonal breakouts and the pimple every now and then anyways, plus i have redness around my nose. 1-2 layers of this evens out the skin beautifully and then extra coverage for pimples can be managed with a bit of concealer, resulting in a beautiful natural skin textured look.

Pros:
- The 'Fair' shade is light enough for pale princesses/princes
- Very long-wearing
- Quick and easy application with fingertips
- Light to a medium-buildable coverage (in my opinion)
- Packaging is easy to travel with and dispense the product
- Sits nicely on the skin
- No SPF (pro in my opinion as it makes it great for flash photography)
- Doesn't get patchy or break down from the oils on your skin
- One tube will last you a relatively long time

Cons:
- I find touch ups necessary after 7+ hours for my t-zone; however, it touches up great and you can keep wearing it from morning to night
- Depending on where you buy it, it can be pricy (go to Walmart!!)
- The packaging writing wears off once you've been using it for awhile
- It can be hard to get out the last bits of product
- Gritty texture because of the pigment beads (doesn't bother me, but it could to some [it does smooth out once blended])
- Not the hugest selection of shade colours (but i haven't used any other colour than Fair so theres a good chance the darker shades adjust to various skin tones)
- Need to add SPF on your own if you like to have that on your face
- Sometimes it settles into the lines of your nostrils (but can be easily fixed by blending out with your finger)

I have purchased and used up completely 4 tubes of this stuff, they've reformulated it once shortly after it first came out to make it less gritty and in my opinion the Fair shade also got lighter afterwards.

I am a very light olive skin girl and this bb cream in the lightest shade is orange!! Holy smokes! It didn't even make it to my face because I could tell how orange it is on my finger tips. I tried it on all parts of my arm and wrist and it painted them all orange! Wow... I could not believe it since I really wanted this product to work. :(

on 12/4/2014 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I do not recommend it to oily skin girls, it looks greasy. Returned it.

on 11/29/2014 8:47:00 AM

i bought the shade light.....it should say the shade ORANGE!......comes out white but when blended its just dark orange! definitely will NOT repurchase....will be bringing this stuff back!

on 11/25/2014 5:22:00 PM

I love this bb cream. It's the first one I've ever liked. The finish is great minimizes the look of pores, has decent coverage. Stays on for a long time. It feels very smooth on the skin. I have very oily skin and it works pretty well as to not get very greasy looking by the end of the day. The color adjusts to your skin very well, it's almost like..... Magic!

on 11/19/2014 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I bought this in mediumand it is one of the best bb creamsive tried. Its almost an exact match to my skin tone and leaves a matte finish all day. I would say it has medium coverage.

I purchased the lightest shade, "Fair". I did NOT realize that this is one of those adjusts-to-match-your-skintone products. Gotta read the fine print next time. These NEVER work for me, but instead alway morph into some kind of dark orange mess. It started off as a pretty good match but only for about 5 seconds, and then it continued to oxidize and get darker and more orange as the day went on. It also had a "gritty" texture that felt very strange and unpleasant to rub in.

on 11/15/2014 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

If I pat this on with fingertips rather than smoothing/wiping/brushing it onto my face, it's just about the perfect finish -- spread thickly for heavier coverage I'm not so impressed, but heavy coverage is not my thing anyway. The fair is perfect for me except in high summer when it's sometimes a tiny bit light -- it stays put like a champ through heavy hot-weather sweating. I've never seen a hint of the orange some reviewers complained of. It's never broken me out. I need less than a pea-sized amount to do my whole face, and it lasts quite a while. I'm pretty fickle about foundations and I've gone through about four tubes of this stuff now. For twelve bucks, what more can I ask?