December 21, 2014 | 798 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by venicechan

I love this product!! It gives me the right amount of coverage without making me look all cakey. What I love about this, is that its build-able. It also doubles up as a primer and a concealer! This saves me so much time in the morning to do other things!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Fancymom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this BB cream! (if you can call it that). It's really not a BB cream in the true, Asian sense of the word. It's more like a tinted moisturizer. The coverage is very light. It mainly just evens out your skin tone. I love using this as my daily go to makeup when I am just running errands or working (I'm a nurse). It feels like I'm not wearing any makeup at all and keeps my oil at bay better than a lot of other BB creams. It says it hydrates on the tube, but I have not noticed much in the way of hydration (which is good for me). I am light olive skin toned and in the summer I wear the color "light" and in the winter I wear "fair." Both have yellowish undertones, with the light color being more yellow, and the fair is more neutral.
I will definitely continue buying this as long as L'Oreal keeps making it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my Holy Grail BB Cream. I have wanted the Dream Pure BB from Maybelline but haven't been able to use it due to my picking out the wrong shade. When I went to wal-mart the shade "light" the lightest shade was out of stock, like everything at wal-mart is. I saw this l'oreal bb and assumed I had picked up the shade "light" when really I had choosen the shade "fair". I tried it thinking that it would be far too light/pink but it matches my skin tone perfectly (very yellow undertoned) which means that very pale girls won't be able to use this product; I am a light-medium Hispanic skin tone and "fair" is the lightest shade they offer. One lippie off. Other than that, this is perfect for my dry skin. It's not very moisturizing but it covers my acne and scars like a foundation. That being said I am someone who hydrates a lot at night and prefers something matte even though I have dry skin. This, however, feels very light on the skin and I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by BeautyByShel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Other

Iam IN LOVE with this bb cream! Ive tried many bb creams in the past that turnt me oompa lumpa orange! I saw the loreal magic skin beautifier bb cream being praised by beauty gurus over the internet and decided to give it a chance,i live in the uk (product not available here) so i shipped it over from the us.when i first swatched it on the back of my hand...(shade 812 light) i thought oh my god its orange!!! However i decided to try it on my face just to get a proper look before i ditched it in the bin...i dotted it onto my forehead,cheeks,nose and chin (you really dont need a lot) and just rubbed it into my skin like i was applying moisturiser....boy was i surprised when i looked in the mirror...i was expecting a huge orange mess but what i actually got was a nice glow and no hideous orange at all!! My skin tone is like pretty much porcelain and this did NOT make me orange! Praise the lord! It covers all my redness and blemishes without feeling heavy and its not cakey at all nor does it leave you a shiny mess,it goes matte pretty quick and i do not have to set it with powders at all,my face looks great hours later after a day at work literally like ive just done my makeup! I cant rate this product enough its my holy grail!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was at Walgreens, about to purchase Rimmel Stay Matte Primer when the cosmetics section employee goaded me into purchasing this instead. She issued me with a couple of coupons that resulted in this BB Cream being two for the price of half of one, so I went ahead and selected a Light and Medium. Now, I'm pretty much Medium in every skin cosmetics brand known to womankind, but somehow I am a Light in this range. Go figure.

This BB Cream is evidently one of the more opaque ones and I suppose I am inclined to agree, despite not having tried any of the others (aside from mismatched samples). I have a fair amount of redness and acne scars and while this obviously didn't completely conceal my imperfections, it did help minimize their usual stark appearance. I don't particularly enjoy that this product dispenses white and "transforms to your perfect shade," which is certainly not true. I'm rather yellow-toned and this tends to look quite orangey on me, especially after it oxidizes after an hour or so. I follow up with my usual concealers and they seem to at least play nicely with the BB Cream.

This dries down to a mostly matte finish with provides a bit of lumosity in my T-zone, due to that area's oiliness, which request a moderate dusting of powder to mattify. Lasting powder is so-so, but I tend to touch my face a lot and most foundations are simply no match for my T-zone. Nonetheless, this is a good quick face perfector whenever I'm feeling more inclined to look more polished, but still natural and fresh-faced. I'm sure this would be fine to use as a base/primer for my foundation, but I have yet to use it as such as I suspect it may impart an obviously cakey look.

I typically apply this with my fingers since it is a thinner more workable texture than your tradition foundation. The packaging is at least a hygienic plastic squeeze tube, although an actual pump would have bene better. I probably won't repurchase this after I've used it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by TrueLifeDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the color range is very limited. I wear w7 in the foundation. I am similar to Beyonce or Halle Berry in skin tone and this barely matches in Deep. It has a lot of shimmer, which makes me feel like a kid. I guess that's supposed to *luminize* but it gets on everything and I'm not 21. Medium coverage and doesn't break me out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm saying yes to buying again, although I'm on the fence with this product.

On one hand I really like the ease of use, the performance, and the long lasting, trouble free results and my skin looks pretty good in pictures (tho is it a bit 'glowy'? I can't really tell.) -

On the other hand, I think the colour is just a bit too dark for me. Like another reviewer I went to Walmart, and they also only had the med left. I bought it, tried it, and kept using it occasionally because I couldn't decide if I loved it or hated it, so I didn't I didn't return it.

I have paler skin, with rosy undertones - sand beige is usually my best range. I tried the sample medium on the back of my hand (though not ideal for a colour match) and liked the way it disappeared.

I just went on a 5 day trip to a spa resort and used this and liked the trouble free wear - however I also wasn't able to check my skin up close in my lighted mirror, but when I did check myself out in the available mirrors, I felt like I looked just fine - after baths, and scrubs, and whirl pools, and long walks, etc. And I was able to apply this in full natural daylight and thought it looked great.

However I don't feel perfectly confident it's not a wee too dark and maybe it's not matching with the skin on my neck. Since I'm now at the end of the tube (see!? I use it.) I may try buying fair, or med and fair (or light) together and doing a special blend.

What I don't like for sure is the tube dispenser. The product can be both watery and thick and could probably do with a good shake before dispensing. Many many times I've tilted the tube to my fingers and with a gently squeeze had bursting blobs of the cream shoot out - and once it landed on the fluffy white robe I was wearing - luckily there were two robes in the room. Tragedy averted!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by reihino

Breaks me out. Sits like a mask on your face. Bad purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Jackjack12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this bb cream! I also love the packaging. Price was also nice, the coverage was great! it covered all my redness it does what it says.The only bad thing was it was a bit dark at first, but I shake it and it was good.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by CuppyCakeFace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh. this is the first bb cream I've tried. I wouldn't buy this again but I will say I use it if I am running somewhere and want to look presentable! For daily use I just wear this underneath my press powder.