November 20, 2014 | 2038 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was at Walgreens, about to purchase Rimmel Stay Matte Primer when the cosmetics section employee goaded me into purchasing this instead. She issued me with a couple of coupons that resulted in this BB Cream being two for the price of half of one, so I went ahead and selected a Light and Medium. Now, I'm pretty much Medium in every skin cosmetics brand known to womankind, but somehow I am a Light in this range. Go figure.

This BB Cream is evidently one of the more opaque ones and I suppose I am inclined to agree, despite not having tried any of the others (aside from mismatched samples). I have a fair amount of redness and acne scars and while this obviously didn't completely conceal my imperfections, it did help minimize their usual stark appearance. I don't particularly enjoy that this product dispenses white and "transforms to your perfect shade," which is certainly not true. I'm rather yellow-toned and this tends to look quite orangey on me, especially after it oxidizes after an hour or so. I follow up with my usual concealers and they seem to at least play nicely with the BB Cream.

This dries down to a mostly matte finish with provides a bit of lumosity in my T-zone, due to that area's oiliness, which request a moderate dusting of powder to mattify. Lasting powder is so-so, but I tend to touch my face a lot and most foundations are simply no match for my T-zone. Nonetheless, this is a good quick face perfector whenever I'm feeling more inclined to look more polished, but still natural and fresh-faced. I'm sure this would be fine to use as a base/primer for my foundation, but I have yet to use it as such as I suspect it may impart an obviously cakey look.

I typically apply this with my fingers since it is a thinner more workable texture than your tradition foundation. The packaging is at least a hygienic plastic squeeze tube, although an actual pump would have bene better. I probably won't repurchase this after I've used it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by TrueLifeDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the color range is very limited. I wear w7 in the foundation. I am similar to Beyonce or Halle Berry in skin tone and this barely matches in Deep. It has a lot of shimmer, which makes me feel like a kid. I guess that's supposed to *luminize* but it gets on everything and I'm not 21. Medium coverage and doesn't break me out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm saying yes to buying again, although I'm on the fence with this product.

On one hand I really like the ease of use, the performance, and the long lasting, trouble free results and my skin looks pretty good in pictures (tho is it a bit 'glowy'? I can't really tell.) -

On the other hand, I think the colour is just a bit too dark for me. Like another reviewer I went to Walmart, and they also only had the med left. I bought it, tried it, and kept using it occasionally because I couldn't decide if I loved it or hated it, so I didn't I didn't return it.

I have paler skin, with rosy undertones - sand beige is usually my best range. I tried the sample medium on the back of my hand (though not ideal for a colour match) and liked the way it disappeared.

I just went on a 5 day trip to a spa resort and used this and liked the trouble free wear - however I also wasn't able to check my skin up close in my lighted mirror, but when I did check myself out in the available mirrors, I felt like I looked just fine - after baths, and scrubs, and whirl pools, and long walks, etc. And I was able to apply this in full natural daylight and thought it looked great.

However I don't feel perfectly confident it's not a wee too dark and maybe it's not matching with the skin on my neck. Since I'm now at the end of the tube (see!? I use it.) I may try buying fair, or med and fair (or light) together and doing a special blend.

What I don't like for sure is the tube dispenser. The product can be both watery and thick and could probably do with a good shake before dispensing. Many many times I've tilted the tube to my fingers and with a gently squeeze had bursting blobs of the cream shoot out - and once it landed on the fluffy white robe I was wearing - luckily there were two robes in the room. Tragedy averted!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by reihino

Breaks me out. Sits like a mask on your face. Bad purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Jackjack12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this bb cream! I also love the packaging. Price was also nice, the coverage was great! it covered all my redness it does what it says.The only bad thing was it was a bit dark at first, but I shake it and it was good.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by CuppyCakeFace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh. this is the first bb cream I've tried. I wouldn't buy this again but I will say I use it if I am running somewhere and want to look presentable! For daily use I just wear this underneath my press powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by stars22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very mixed feelings about this product. I like how natural it looks and that this is honestly like the best coverage bb cream I've used. Thing is, this oxidizes quickly and it ends up making my skin look orange, so the color scheme isn't great. Also when I first apply it, it looks dry and flaky (this is me with my oily skin) but then it settles down after a few minutes to that natural finish, but after like 2-3 hours it looks kind of bad and pasty/orange, not to mention a bit crusty and dry. If I pair this up with a good matte powder, it lasts up to like 4-5 hours until it gets crusty. I just really don't like the color on me, and how little it lasts. Besides that, it really does do a well coverage for a bb cream. It goes on grayish, but "settles" into your skin color (not really because it oxidizes later on). So if it matches your skin color and if your skin type doesn't allow it to dry up and get crusty, then this is a really good bb cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by qnyx67

This review is for the anti-redness BB cream in this line. I had high hopes for this product as I have broken blood vessels on my inner cheeks, near my nose that I'm self conscious about. I was hoping this alone or paired with foundation would reduce their appearance. The product comes in a tube and comes out of the tube green but is supposed to transform to a "universal shade" once you work it into the skin. This product did diminish the redness BUT it made me look like I was wearing a self tanner. It was quite yellow and at least a shade darker than my skin. So much for a "universal shade"! I did try covering it with my powered foundation but it looked way too yellow for me and it was impossible to blend it well enough to not see a line of demarcation along my jaw line. I'm sure this product will be useful for those women with medium to darker skin tones but I'm doubtful anyone with fair skin can make a go of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by midwestgrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this product for about a year now and just recently switched in favor of a full-coverage foundation. I'll keep this around for light coverage/casual wear or throw it in a travel bag for a pinch (the tube makes it a good traveler), but I like my full coverage for everyday wear now.

This product is a little odd - comes out of the tube looking more like a face scrub (complete with granules) than a foundation or BB cream. It also has a gray cast to it, and goes on looking white, almost like a mask! It quickly changes to an appropriate color, however. The granules also dissolve but it does feel a little gritty on your face and I'm guessing that could be irritating or just unpleasant for some.

The lightest shade available is a decent match for me, but since it is very light coverage that is less of an issue than it would be otherwise. I find that a tube lasts a fairly long time, and I always use coupons/ExtraBucks to purchase this so the price is fair in my opinion. I didn't have any issues with this breaking me out or causing problems.

In summation I would use this again if I ran out of my HG foundation (Armani Luminous Silk liquid in shade 3) or if I was running to the store or something, but I won't rely on it as a must-have anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by 13jhlee

I have a lot of acne scars and a couple acne here and there. this product blends easily and has medium/light coverage, i just put a second layer on where my acne scars are for a bit more coverage. it is not cakey at all and very natural looking. i bought this twice but have started thinking maybe this cream is why i break out. i only wear this once in awhile, when im going out but it is really natural and kind of a dewy finish. recommend setting with a great matte powder. its a bit on the pricey side but totally worth it if you're like me and only need this once in awhile