September 24, 2014 | 1445 users online

Blush - NARS - Exhibit A

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

Woah~ After reading all the reviews here, I've decided to brave it and got Exhibit A. I've already own Nars' Orgasm, Taj Mahal and Torrid.

Wonderfully red without shimmer. It is just a red paint for the cheeks. Lightly applied, it is the most natural thing to see. Not like blush at all (the rest with shimmers will feel made up).

This can be worn often and for those quick (lightly does it) swipes during the weekend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Veronika138

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Apply little at a time and you will love this thing. Watch you tube if possible ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I've always avoided this blush because it looked so terrifying in the pan! Eventually, my curiosity won me over and I decided to give this blush a try.

I'm a very yellow NC25 and my skin tone tends to warm up any color, even cool-toned blushes. When applied with a skunk brush, Exhibit A looked nothing like I expected. It wasn't tomato red at all but more of a very soft, sheer coral with orange undertones. It looked SURPRISINGLY natural on me, like the type of healthy glow I get from running outside in the sun. (It didn't make me look feverish or sunburnt, but it can be built up to that level so be sure to use a light hand!) I can see this blush working well nude lips as well as with corals, reds, peaches and any warm lipsticks.

The staying power is SUPERB, so that part of the hype is true. I have oily skin that tends to gobble up blushes, but this one outlasted my expectations. I put it on at 8 AM, went to work for 10 hrs, went out to dinner, came back to my apartment at 11 PM and could still see this blush in the mirror! It wasn't as vibrant, of course, and probably faded by 50%, but I've never used a blush so tenancious.

As for cons, I was disappointed that Exhibit A didn't look more "unique" on me. It looks a lot like Tarte Blissful with a heavy hand, but I suspect that my skin tone just makes everything look coral or peach. I also dislike the packaging because it's not flat (why is it a rectangular shape merged with a UFO shape?!) and it's made of rubber, which attracts grime. To solve both issues, I keep it in the little cardboard box that it came in, so it's easier to store and doesn't get as dirty.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by bailey17

I love this blush because it makes me look like I just bumped into the most handsome man on the planet and got a little flushed. And with Exhibit A I get to keep that look all day!

I was in Sephora about a year ago buying a new foundation, and as always, I wanted to peruse the NARS blushes. I cannot go into Sephora with out visiting them, it is the makeup junkie's way of smelling the flowers. My eye was just drawn to Exhibit A, and the second I saw it I decided it was for me. Why? Because it looked like a challenge. So I put it on hold, went home and read reviews and went back to get it in the next few days.... and WOW!!! It is amazing. It is my first NARS blush and I am so, so in love with it.
When I purchased it I was only wearing it occasionally because I was watching all these tutorials with more of a peachy, coral look. But two months ago I put it back in my main makeup bag, and I cannot go back. This blush makes me look alive, and that is it. The light red gives me the perfect, flirty glow that I have been looking for. Yesterday I tried doing my peach blush (Milani Luminous) and I felt so boring. I really do not believe I will ever stop wearing this. EVER.
I have pale skin, blue eyes, and dirty blonde hair, and it is a great addition to my coloring. I cannot imagine it looking bad on anyone.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by iyonis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This blush makes me happy, i dont wear it a lot but this is the one most people notice on me. (i like your blush). I like having it around. It shows up red on my tan/brown with yellow undertones skin not orange.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Aubreyxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love NARS blushes and I am proudly addicted to them. I bought this blush per the recommendation of other people online during the Cyber Monday sale and let me tell you, this blush is no joke!
I am an NC30 for reference with warm undertones. The texture of this blush is very nice. Not powdery or chalky, to be expected with NARS. The color of his blush in my opinion is a tomato red. I don't see any orange in Exhibit A at all. The color is scary in the pan and can look a bit 80's-ish if you apply heavily. Overall, this blush is one a kind. A red blush isn't for me necessary, but a nice color to have.

Now onto why I gave it 3 lipsticks:
This color in my opinion is not very versatile. I have yet to figure out a way to wear this blush other than with red lipstick or when I am wearing something red. I know that sounds very high school but I feel like it doesn't really click with my skin tone. I have tried to wear this with other color combinations like others have suggested but for some reason it doesn't really look right on me. This is the least used product I own and I force myself to wear it because it was so expensive. Upon earning privileges, I am thinking about putting this up for swap because I just don't use it. I suggest people try this on before purchasing it or swatching it. You might end up not using it. i give it 3 lippies because I just do not find that this color is versatile FOR ME. Others swear by it but for me it's an "eh". The reason I would repurchase this again would be for the sole purpose of having a red blush...other than that it's not my favorite.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by primandpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do suggest watching YouTube videos on how to apply this blush before actually attempting it yourself, as it is easier to add more on than to take it off. When used correctly, it blends into a beautiful and soft flush. It livens your face up, and on somedays even looks like a pretty pink blush. I use this very lightly on the bottom of my cheekbones as a semi contour and apply some shimmery bronzer on the apple of my cheeks. The after effect is a gorgeous, bronze slightly-sunburnt look that makes you look incredibly healthy and vibrant.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by coffeecupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is probably the most pigmented of all Nars blushes, you really only want to lightly tap the brush and swirl off any excess on the back of your hand, because you dont want to end up looking clownish. That being said, it looks lovely when applied lightly, gives you a Snow White rosy glow . It works on any skin tone, provided you dont use too much. The blush does have a weird odor though, smells like ladybugs :/. Either way, you must get this blush!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Once again, I am hopelessly in LUV with this blush. I recently reviewed Taj Mahal by NARS and I have to say that I can't pick a favorite between the two! This shade is a very bright reddish orange that is absolutely stunning on medium to dark skin tones. Exhibit A is more bold than Taj Mahal so be careful when applying it because one swipe too many and you are headed for disaster. I recommed applying this with either a stippling brush (MAC187) or a powder brush that is especially intended for applying blush. DO NOT use an angled brush unless you especially want to use this as a contouring shade. I use this on the apples of my cheeks with a light dusting of bronzer and it is so pretty. If you are a novice at wearing makeup, I would not suggest purchasing this color yet. However, you may want to start with something like Wet 'n' Wild shades ($3) to get comfortable with learing how to apply blush before spending $30 on a NARS shade. While NARS is expensive compared to drugstore brands...I will say, again, that you definitely get what you pay for. GREAT investment to add to you collection.
~Adreienne Starr

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by jessface83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Ok, so this blush looks very intimidating in the pan. I almost didn't buy it because I had no desire to look like a clown. BUT this blush really is beautiful. Yes its very pigmented and red but use a light hand and blend! It gives a natural flush that isn't over made up. You could also layer more and you wouls get that pan color! I suggest everyone try it out at least. I know it looks super bright and red but it seriously is a gorgeous color! Try it out!