Bobbi Brown Conditioning Brush Cleanser

4.4

Thes cleanses my brushes very well, seeing brown/pink foam down my sink gives me satisfaction too! Lol! Also dries without that residue feel

on 5/2/2010 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bobbi Brown is not known for practical, much less ingenious, packaging and this product is no exception. As other reviewers have mentioned, the consistency of this cleanser is too thin for a tube. A bottle with a pump dispenser would've worked much better but that's Bobbi Brown for you. Other than the lousy packaging, this is one of the best brush cleansers that I have used. Johnson's Baby Shampoo is my usual brush cleanser but I find that the Bobbi Brown does a much better job at getting gunk out of brushes and my Beautyblender sponges. Since the Bobbi Brown brush cleanser is so expensive, I prefer to save it for brushes used for creamy and liquid products such as foundation, concealer, and eyeliner. I also have the Beautyblender brush cleanser and I find that the Bobbi Brown cleanser works pretty much the same.

on 7/1/2009 5:29:00 AM

It works well but a bit too watery to be stored in a tube form. It leaks a little after closing and I hate this kind of mess!

on 6/30/2008 1:26:00 AM

love this cleaner. i used to use baby shampoo, but decided to try this to preserve my BB brushes. this works MUCH BETTER than baby shampoo! it really cleans the brushes well, specifically the foundation, blush, and gel eyeliner brushes. my HG cleaner.

on 4/23/2008 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This brush cleanser gel comes in a squeeze tube for 100ml. I can't say this is really cheap but definitely worths the price tag! I use this to clean my brushes and makeup puffs. It leaves my brush bristles to be really soft, just like hair after treatment! I tend to clean my d/s brushes before I use with this to make the bristles softer for easier application.

I remember I used this to clean a puff of my powder foundation ages ago, which I think I used 1 month consecutively w/o cleaning and it cleaned quite well too - still a little bit stain left behind. However, if the puff is cleaned like once a week (sometimes once every 2 weeks), no stains would left behind.

As for packaging, I would give it a 5 if it comes in a pump form. It's just messy when you need to add in more cleansing gel to the brush while your hands are all wet with the brush and gel... etc already.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As the other reviewers have all said, the biggest problem with this product is the packaging. Leave the tube upside down, and the cleanser will almost certainly leak. At $16.50 (USD), I don't find this to be more expensive than most cleansers. This is a great product; it's much less harsh than most professional cleansers. It also cleans all types of brushes - from squirrel to synthetic. I've had difficulty with professional cleansers removing the lacquer from wooden handles - this includes the cleanser I purchased at Alcone. Bobbi Brown's cleanser is a gel that does not over emulsify, and it's easy to reshape the brush heads after cleansing. Johnson's Baby Shampoo has been a good alternate for me when I'm running low on BB's cleanser. After using any brush on a daily basis , I use unscented diaper wipes. I then clean all my brushes weekly w/ Bobbi Brown's cleanser. If only this product came in a pump bottle!

on 4/13/2006 9:11:00 AM

I got talked into buying this product and I'm very glad that I did. I used to wash my brushes (of all brands) with my facial cleanser and although it did a decent job, it never cleaned the brush thoroughly. I was very skeptical about BB's Conditioning Brush Cleaner but I gave it a try. I saw a difference right a way. It cleaned the brush in half the time and cleaned it inside and out. But what I love about this cleaner is that it makes the brushes so soft. There is a huge difference between using BB's cleaner and the other way I used to clean the brushes. The price is a bit high for a brush cleaner but it's worth it and I'll definitely buy it again.

on 1/31/2004 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Great cleanser for all brush types. Really cleans brushes well. It is a bit on the expensive side compared to other brands for the total amount of the product.

on 1/20/2004 8:40:00 AM

wow, this stuff cleans my brushes fast. restores all my brushes to their natural softness - it practically saved my brushes! they were expensive and made using animal furs - this is a great tool.

on 1/20/2004 8:17:00 AM

I would definetely buy this again because one step and all my brushes are clean and soft. The only drawback is the packaging. It leaks!! For that reason though, I'd probably try MAC's the next time I finish the tube.

Popular Makeup Brushes