July 31, 2014 | 1619 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bobbi Brown - Conditioning Brush Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 5:29:00 AM More reviews by super77

It works well but a bit too watery to be stored in a tube form. It leaks a little after closing and I hate this kind of mess!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 1:26:00 AM More reviews by beano333

love this cleaner. i used to use baby shampoo, but decided to try this to preserve my BB brushes. this works MUCH BETTER than baby shampoo! it really cleans the brushes well, specifically the foundation, blush, and gel eyeliner brushes. my HG cleaner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 7:42:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This brush cleanser gel comes in a squeeze tube for 100ml. I can't say this is really cheap but definitely worths the price tag! I use this to clean my brushes and makeup puffs. It leaves my brush bristles to be really soft, just like hair after treatment! I tend to clean my d/s brushes before I use with this to make the bristles softer for easier application.

I remember I used this to clean a puff of my powder foundation ages ago, which I think I used 1 month consecutively w/o cleaning and it cleaned quite well too - still a little bit stain left behind. However, if the puff is cleaned like once a week (sometimes once every 2 weeks), no stains would left behind.

As for packaging, I would give it a 5 if it comes in a pump form. It's just messy when you need to add in more cleansing gel to the brush while your hands are all wet with the brush and gel... etc already.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2006 2:02:00 PM More reviews by alabasterhaze

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

As the other reviewers have all said, the biggest problem with this product is the packaging. Leave the tube upside down, and the cleanser will almost certainly leak. At $16.50 (USD), I don't find this to be more expensive than most cleansers. This is a great product; it's much less harsh than most professional cleansers. It also cleans all types of brushes - from squirrel to synthetic. I've had difficulty with professional cleansers removing the lacquer from wooden handles - this includes the cleanser I purchased at Alcone. Bobbi Brown's cleanser is a gel that does not over emulsify, and it's easy to reshape the brush heads after cleansing. Johnson's Baby Shampoo has been a good alternate for me when I'm running low on BB's cleanser. After using any brush on a daily basis , I use unscented diaper wipes. I then clean all my brushes weekly w/ Bobbi Brown's cleanser. If only this product came in a pump bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2006 9:11:00 AM More reviews by p5r79

I got talked into buying this product and I'm very glad that I did. I used to wash my brushes (of all brands) with my facial cleanser and although it did a decent job, it never cleaned the brush thoroughly. I was very skeptical about BB's Conditioning Brush Cleaner but I gave it a try. I saw a difference right a way. It cleaned the brush in half the time and cleaned it inside and out. But what I love about this cleaner is that it makes the brushes so soft. There is a huge difference between using BB's cleaner and the other way I used to clean the brushes. The price is a bit high for a brush cleaner but it's worth it and I'll definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2004 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great cleanser for all brush types. Really cleans brushes well. It is a bit on the expensive side compared to other brands for the total amount of the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2004 8:40:00 AM More reviews by funkyfairy

wow, this stuff cleans my brushes fast. restores all my brushes to their natural softness - it practically saved my brushes! they were expensive and made using animal furs - this is a great tool.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2004 8:17:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

I would definetely buy this again because one step and all my brushes are clean and soft. The only drawback is the packaging. It leaks!! For that reason though, I'd probably try MAC's the next time I finish the tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2002 2:50:00 PM More reviews by jenno

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay - the product is fine, nothing special. Bobbi herself says that she uses Dr. Bronners lavender which I like too. The real problem is that the soap leaks out of the container. It is a flip top that sits on the top. I have to keep it reversed and stored with my tooth brush/paste in a cup. Very high maintenance. I keep thinking I will transfer into another container but what a pain! I am finding myself using more than I should every night when I clean my foundation/concealer brushes - almost in an attempt to get it over with. Terrible.