December 18, 2014 | 1733 users online

Shampoo - Alterna - Alterna Age Free Caviar Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is expensive, yes, but it makes my hair like silk. I never knew my hair could feel this luxurious and soft and yet voluminous and weightless at the same time. It's truly amazing. It's a real treat, along with the conditioner, and I plan on using once or twice a week as it is a very nourishing protein treatment for the hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by makeupartist77

I used this for a period of time, until I run out about once a year. I do like to switch between a few lines yearly, I love the anti-aging properties of this line, and the smell is fabulous. I can't complain about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Reika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a total sucker for high end haircares…been using them for years and years, and I like to try different brands. But if I could only use 1 brand of shampoo/conditioner for the rest of my life, it would definitely be the Alterna Caviar shampoo and Conditioner!! This set is amazing..that's the only word I can think of to describe the result I am getting from using them. I have medium to thick and naturally wavy hair. I always take very good care of my hair because I color my hair all the time so they tend to get very dry and breaks easily. I always use a lot of smoothing/conditioning products to protect my hair from further damage as well as make my hair softer and smoother. But my hair would still look dull and lifeless. This shampoo and conditioner duo not only made my hair look and feel amazing, they literally restored the life of my hair! I My hair become so healthy and managable, completely tangle free, less breakage, shines from within (not the fake glossy shine from silicone products), even my color looks more vibrant after using them. Love love them!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Lukalove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wonder how many people wrote their glowing reviews after only one or two uses? I bought this shampoo along with the conditioner and as some past reviewers have mentioned the results were amazing, my hair never looked so good. However after a few more uses that beautiful shiney hair disappeared. My hair felt heavy and weighed down and looked flat and dull. I tried a different shampoo recently and my hair looked and felt much better again. Alterna shampoo unfortunately caused so much build up and residue for me I will not be rebuying. Too bad because after the first use I thought I had finally found my HG. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2009 8:42:00 AM More reviews by cleopatrasboudoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I heard many good reviews abot Alterna's Caviar shampoo & Conditioner, so when I saw it at Marshall's knocked down to about $20 a bottle, I bought them both. When I used them, my hair was even drier than before, it was like very coarse straw after using them. It seemed the shapoo stripped my hair of any moisture.

I also found that the bottles were very un-user friendly. It took me about 6 pumps of the shampoo to get a decent amount of product to use on my hair. Same thing with the conditioner. I wont be using this junk again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by ilovemysammy18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely hate this shampoo. It is not the least bit moisturizing and smells awful! will NEVER use this again!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Monkey999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The first time I used this shampoo, I thought it was a miracle. My hair was shiny and smooth as glass. After a couple of uses, my hair was so weighed down by the residue (my hair hung down like a wet blanket) I had to stop using it. I tried a clarifying shampoo, but I really needed to clarify my hair for at least a week or two before I got that residue out. You really cannot use this shampoo twice in a row, and perhaps it is best to only use it once a month, once a year? I will always have the memory of that first time, but will not purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by stomishi

I absolutely LOVE this shampoo, conditioner, and rapid repair spray! My hair stylist said that it has really improved the condition of my long hair!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received a 2-oz. bottle of the Caviar Anti-Aging Seasilk Moisture Shampoo (I think the other reviews are for the same one) in a sample bag from beauty.com. I probably wouldn't have tried it otherwise as my hair isn't aging or dry, and after using up the bottle I will not be purchasing from Alterna in the future. Though the scent is pleasant and it lathers well for a SLS-free shampoo, it has a long list of hazardous ingredients and makes my hair feel brittle and not particularly clean. For those with the right hair type who aren't especially concerned with ingredients this could be great, but I don't care for it at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by butrflyonaroz

I bought a full-size bottle after trying a sample & like it well enough. I'm sure there are shampoos that are just as good and perhaps cheaper, so I won't keep buying this one, especially in this economy. However, it makes my hair soft & bouncy and hopefully will help protect my color like it promises. I did notice that while washing my hair, I smell like a wet dog, which I've only experienced with one other shampoo, which also was sulfate-free and had the same seashore smell to it. I don't have the matching conditioner, so can't comment on how they behave together. It's good enough if you like expensive shampoo, but I'm not committed to this one.