E.L.F. Studio Mineral Powder Brush

4.7

on 6/16/2013 9:55:00 AM

For reference, this is the size of the ELF Small Stippling Brush. In terms of design it's not too dissimilar from the MAC 109 brush, except that it is less dense, and because the bristles are not natural, they don't fray out as much forming that nice flat top on the MAC.
If you want a fluffy brush that is dense but smaller than the Complexion Brush, I would suggest going for the Angled Blush Brush instead. This one is good. That one is Great

on 4/1/2013 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite face brushes because it is so versatile. It's a medium-sized dome-shaped brush (Click CONTINUE to see size comparison). Great for powder foundation and finishing powders, but the size also makes it good for more precise areas, like the cheeks. It's nice for getting into those areas that other giant face brushes can't, like around the nose. I use this brush for applying mineral makeup, finishing powders, blush, powder highlighter and contour colors.

Very soft bristles. It's easy to clean and the bristles don't bleed when washed. It maintains its shape very well, and it does not shed. Looks great for a $3 brush -- nice sleek black handle.

I highly recommend this brush. It's great for a lot of different uses. I might just have to buy another one since I use it so much. Excellent bargain.

continued >>

on 2/16/2013 7:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

this is a tiny powder brush which i use for contouring or blush. its incredibly soft. im really pleased with this one.

on 6/23/2012 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush! Its very soft, allows for a more precise application of mineral powders to be had, and it doesn't shed at all.

This brush does look bigger on the E.L.F. website than it actually does in person. In real life, it is about the same size as E.L.F.'s studio blush brush. The only difference is that it has a smaller brush head.

I have used this brush to apply both loose and pressed mineral powders with. It has worked wonderful for such. And, I have not experienced any problems at all with getting the necessary coverage that I need.

I have had so much success with this brush, that I plan to buy many more (to use for blush, bronzer, etc.) to come!

on 6/23/2012 11:47:00 AM

I adore this brush! It's an amazingly soft brush, with medium density, and little to no shedding. I use it strictly to apply mineral foundation and/or setting powder, and it works well for that. I researched it before purchasing and knew that it was not as big as one would expect a powder brush to be, but I like the size of it. I'm tired of powder brushes that don't totally fit in my mineral foundation containers, making me having to dip the center, then the edges into the product, then tap off the excess. This brush, I just dip it in, tap off the excess, buff it onto my skin, and the coverage is perfect. Also, this brush is really is good for building coverage. I'd highly recommend this brush to anyone!

on 6/14/2012 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is one of the newer brushes in the Studio line. Watch the video on their site to get an idea of size. That video wasn't up when I ordered it, so I thought it would be bigger. It's about half the size of the Complexion brush, and denser. It kind of reminds me of the MAC 109; but softer, less dense (more give), and slightly longer bristles. This brush blends well and works well for building coverage. Can be used for all textures of products, and is multi-purpose. Some might think it has a little too much give, but I like that it's flexible and not too dense for blending and buffing purposes. I will definitely order a couple more of these brushes.

Popular Makeup Brushes