July 31, 2014 | 2093 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NYX - Pore Filler

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

I've been using Clinique's Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector in Invisible Light as a pore minimizer/pore filler for years and it works great. However, my budget for makeup has been limited lately and I wanted to try a drugstore product for pores so I picked up this NYX Pore Filler and so far I've actually been pretty impressed! For the most part I have good skin and I do not have HUGE pores, more like medium sized pores and this primer seems to fill what I do have pretty nicely. It even covers some redness around my nose and blends well, even controlling some oil in my T-Zone. Although not as well as the Instant Perfector! The price is great too, full price it's $14 for 0.67 OZ. Clinique is $21 for only 0.50 OZ and at least NYX goes on sale! I got mine at Ulta when they were having a BOGO 1/2 Off sale so mine was around $7.

Honestly, when I swatch these two primers on my hand or apply them on my face, I can barely tell the difference between them, they look pretty much exactly the same on my skin. The main difference seems to be in the consistency. I feel like I have to use more of NYX primer than I do the Clinique since it's not as "dense." Plus, since it's much smoother, silkier and not as tacky as the Clinique, it doesn't "hold" my face powder foundation as well either, if that makes any sense! So far I've been using the Clinique if I want a more "matte" face look and the NYX if I want a more "dewy" look and that's been working for me so far. I'd definitely purchase this NYX Pore Filler again and highly recommend it for others to at least try!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by PinkoCommie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have large pores in a couple of spots and decided to give this a try. ULTA had it and I had a coupon, so why not? No, it won't render potholes into porcelain, but it does diminish the appearance of pores. In combination with any number of HD finishing powders, I found it worked quite well and improved the overall look of my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by tduncann

I bought this product due to my very large pores, they are VERY noticeable with my very fair skin tone, and was not so impressed. I had never used a pore filler before and honestly did not know what to expect. When I first put it on underneath my makeup It felt very heavy and "cakey" it made my makeup look extremely heavy and came off very easily. I was using it at the time alongside Kat Von D's Lock it foundation, and thought to give it another try. I continued to use it as I began to saw tiny bits of pore coverage, but it is not worth the thickness it applied to my foundation! Yes I understand the foundation I was using was full coverage and "thick" but I generally don't use a lot of it anyways. I would not recommend this product at all due to the overall cakeyness it gave me, I love NYX but this one was a disappointment and a waste of my money.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by beautieshop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this thinking it would actually do what it claims to do. BIG MISTAKE! I tried this every way possible, from applying it in circular motions, just rubbing it in like a day cream, stippling it in with a brush and pressing in into my skin with my fingers and still... no luck. I would do one side of my face to compare to the other side without the product and there was literally no difference from one side of my face to the other. My regular face primer that does not claim to lessen the size of your pores actually does a better job. I would NOT recommend this to anyone. Save your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by amy0690

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by tkhermanson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did not have luck with this product. It emulsified my makeup everywhere I applied it. I put it on my cheeks, nose, t zone and mid-day my foundation would be nearing non existence in those areas. I can't find anything that works better than Benefit Porefector when it comes to this type of product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by makemeup0922

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible...my make-up looked streaky and did nothing to "fill my pores". Some of their products are great. This is not one of them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't love this under foundation. I really don't see much of a difference. The primer has some tackiness to it and it sometimes makes my foundation look "off" especially around my nose. My nose is oilier than rest of my face and it sort of just slides around but makes it look flaky too??? Hard to describe.

I LOVE this on days when I'm just wearing powder. Makes a HUGE difference!!!

FYI, I've used Porefessional too and didn't love it either. If you love Porefessional, try this as a dupe. VERY similar in texture and result.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What's not to love about this!? The price is great for its performance! ($12.99) it works so well I've purchased about three so far now and use every last drop. I would say that's its a pretty good competitor against Benefit's Porefessional ($30 fullsize) because it works just as well as its a lot cheaper so definitely more bang for your buck. I absolutely love it! It really fills in my pores and I have really big pores on the sides of my nose from acne scarring and this fills em up and makes my face makeup look perfect! I wouldn't be without it. The tube is ok, it's a white tube with black writing. The only this i don't like about the tube is that it's not the same shiny plastic material like the cap and tends to get really dirty because it hangs onto everything so be careful. If you have makeup OCD like me you'll understand. I keep my makeup in the boxes it comes in to keep it looking nice and new. Haha it sounds strange I know but I'm sure not the only one. Anywho this product is great! It really lives up to its name.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This reduced my pore size but definitely didn't get rid of them completely. I didnt notice it helping my makeup last longer either. You don't get a lot of product either. Its alright but im sure there's something better out there.