March 3, 2015 | 1567 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NYX - Pore Filler

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by nykrod112

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This isn't a magic potion but for someone who has acne scars (pot holes), I most certainly see a difference. I was truly happy after my first application and after several hours I am happy to say that I didn't see any makeup patches. The price is perfect for the amount of product you get and affect you see just don't expect anything close to a miracle just an above average product that works well to cover any unevenness in your skin.

I used my fingers to apply a small amount to my cheeks then waited a few minutes to apply my foundation. I have semi oily tzone but overall average skin. I do use my blender to apply my foundation so i don't see any streaks or patches.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

No. I have pretty dry skin for my age so maybe that's what's going on here but when I use this, it does not settle in. It feels very dry coming out, and I rub it in and it starts pilling up on me. I get it calmed down, wait a second, and add my foundation: DISASTER. My makeup starts sliding everywhere and leaving really weird holes in my makeup. I look like an Easter egg that's been attacked with a wax crayon prior to being dipped. After that, forget it. There's no fixing it, without starting over, because it clings to my makeup but not my face, if that makes sense. I hate this stuff. Maybe by itself with a moisturizer it would be ok but it's still sort of orange.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by melswag

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is by far one of the best makeup products i have ever purchased! since buying it i've gained the confidence to stop majority of my makeup routine by using this by itself with concealer.
It makes my skin look and feel incredibly smooth and always having struggling with oily skin, this is a godsend. It keeps my face oil free by itself and under makeup and does not remotely dry my skin.
It comes in really handy for nights out where i may not get a chance to wash off my makeup, i don't wake up with my face a mess as it holds really well.
It doesn't really have a smell to it and as far as texture goes it's kind of odd. once on your face it feels fine but coming out of the container, the consistency looks abit off putting, almost grainy. Also when it comes to application of other makeups on top of this you have to wait a while for this to dry otherwise it sort of just makes a mess. I usually put this on and then work on my eyebrows while i wait for it to dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by crazy76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not impressed with this. I've never used pore fillers before and I was expecting it would do a decent job at making my pores look any smaller, but it didn't. In fact, I have noticed it made my make-up look a bit more cakey and uneven in some areas like the nose sides and eye area. In Cyprus this costs almost 12 euro which I feel is way too much for such a mediocre product...shame@@

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Ruth

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Does what the name says. This is one of the few products I buy again and again. It leaves a no-color matte finish on the skin and fills in big pore holes in completely or at least partially. Age has disappointed me by causing noticeable pores all over my face, and this product makes me feel much better about that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Mis72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

They say good things come in small packages. In this case, its correct.

I was skeptical of a product claiming to cover pores and be friendly to other makeups AND sensitive skin. But I was blown away when I actually applied it.

The product is a light color, but doesn't seem to add coloring. It goes on smooth, and so soft!

A little goes a long way too! A small amount (about pea sized) will cover the nose, cheeks and between the eye brows.

It dies quickly and doesn't move when you apply foundation and powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

I've been using Clinique's Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector in Invisible Light as a pore minimizer/pore filler for years and it works great. However, my budget for makeup has been limited lately and I wanted to try a drugstore product for pores so I picked up this NYX Pore Filler and so far I've actually been pretty impressed! For the most part I have good skin and I do not have HUGE pores, more like medium sized pores and this primer seems to fill what I do have pretty nicely. It even covers some redness around my nose and blends well, even controlling some oil in my T-Zone. Although not as well as the Instant Perfector! The price is great too, full price it's $14 for 0.67 OZ. Clinique is $21 for only 0.50 OZ and at least NYX goes on sale! I got mine at Ulta when they were having a BOGO 1/2 Off sale so mine was around $7.

Honestly, when I swatch these two primers on my hand or apply them on my face, I can barely tell the difference between them, they look pretty much exactly the same on my skin. The main difference seems to be in the consistency. I feel like I have to use more of NYX primer than I do the Clinique since it's not as "dense." Plus, since it's much smoother, silkier and not as tacky as the Clinique, it doesn't "hold" my face powder foundation as well either, if that makes any sense! So far I've been using the Clinique if I want a more "matte" face look and the NYX if I want a more "dewy" look and that's been working for me so far. I'd definitely purchase this NYX Pore Filler again and highly recommend it for others to at least try!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by PinkoCommie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have large pores in a couple of spots and decided to give this a try. ULTA had it and I had a coupon, so why not? No, it won't render potholes into porcelain, but it does diminish the appearance of pores. In combination with any number of HD finishing powders, I found it worked quite well and improved the overall look of my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by tduncann

I bought this product due to my very large pores, they are VERY noticeable with my very fair skin tone, and was not so impressed. I had never used a pore filler before and honestly did not know what to expect. When I first put it on underneath my makeup It felt very heavy and "cakey" it made my makeup look extremely heavy and came off very easily. I was using it at the time alongside Kat Von D's Lock it foundation, and thought to give it another try. I continued to use it as I began to saw tiny bits of pore coverage, but it is not worth the thickness it applied to my foundation! Yes I understand the foundation I was using was full coverage and "thick" but I generally don't use a lot of it anyways. I would not recommend this product at all due to the overall cakeyness it gave me, I love NYX but this one was a disappointment and a waste of my money.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by beautieshop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this thinking it would actually do what it claims to do. BIG MISTAKE! I tried this every way possible, from applying it in circular motions, just rubbing it in like a day cream, stippling it in with a brush and pressing in into my skin with my fingers and still... no luck. I would do one side of my face to compare to the other side without the product and there was literally no difference from one side of my face to the other. My regular face primer that does not claim to lessen the size of your pores actually does a better job. I would NOT recommend this to anyone. Save your money.