April 17, 2014 | 1671 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NYX - Pore Filler

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I was so hoping to love this product but it does not perform. I works as an ok primer but filling pores? NO. I have used this with foundation right after application and waiting and there is no difference. My skin looks the same.
I tried rubbing it in, patting it in, buffing it on, and just applying it. No difference. Very disappointed in this and how much is cost.

Ok primer but does not "fill pores" for a porcelain finish lol.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I may or may not buy this again - to be honest I would not use something like this on a regular basis, it would be more for special occasions.

The claims on the packaging are exaggerated - to be honest I don't really think there is any product that will give your skin a porcelain finish unless it looks like that to begin with!

Still it does go on smoothly without adding unnecessary shine to my already excessively oily skin and it does prep the skin well so that foundation goes on easily & smoothly. I think I would like to see some more skin care benefits in the ingredients - the fewer products I use on my skin the better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by jellokatt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ok, i freaking LOVE this. i have had samples or bought at least 15+ primers/pore minimizers (most of which are pretty pricey), and this is far and above, the absolute BEST for reducing the appearance of pores. i like it better than the clinique stuff, better than that stuff i got at body shop (which is ok for keeping makeup out of pores, but makes the makeup sort of slide off your face after a while), better than smashbox, better than laura mercier, and way better than the other cheap/drug-store brands i've tried. it's not nearly as greasy feeling as some, and while it doesn't really do much (that i can tell) to prolong the makeup, it doesn't make it melt away either. i've got some rather large pores in a couple of spots on my face, and this makes them ALMOST disappear! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by FarAwayGalaxies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Excellent for erasing my large pores and to my pleasant surprise, it even works to camouflage my acne scarring. Product is smooth, soft and easy to use. It's so natural and light feeling that my boyfriend even uses it for his nose pores. No shiny or unnatural makeup feel at all. This melts into your skin and really delivers great results for a lot less than Benefit Porefessional. Say goodbye to large pores with this bad boy! Definitely recommend. I gave it 4 stars because it only stays for about half the day then you need to reapply, but I did find if you apply a powder over top the wear is extended a few more hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by j3ssica23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just fell in love with a lot of NYX products and saw this at Target so decided to try it out. When I first squeezed some out of the soft tube I noticed that it has a consistency a lot like the Benefit POREfessional (which is one of my all time favorite primers). I put some on the back of my hand and it literally made the skin look airbrushed. However, when I put this on my face it isn't a miracle worker. I guess my pores looked a little bit smaller, but not as much as the POREfessional. I wore it under my make up all day and didn't see any huge differences. A day or two later I broke out with about 3 or 4 pimples on my forehead, and I almost always have clear skin. However, it was close to my 'time of the month' so either one could have caused the break out. I'm not going to use it again to find out. Skip it, there are much better primers.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by NicoleLov3ly

I bought this after looking at the packaging thinking to myself that it would make my pores less visible. Only slightly. The consistency is very whipped mousse and sometimes when I squeeze some out into my hand it falls to floor instantly! I have to rub this together before putting on my face. Doesn't hold my makeup on that well. This isn't for me nor would I re-purchase. Sticking to my Benefit Porefessional!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by BeckyR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Large, noticeable pores run in my family, so I'm usually on the prowl for a product that can reduce the appearance of them. When I saw this for 50% off at ULTA I knew I had to give it a try. Overall I'd have to give it a "meh" because while it did help my makeup application, it didn't deliver on its promises.
Pros:
Lightweight formula that glides on easily
Helps with makeup application
Blends well
Cons:
Doesn't give a "smooth, porcelain doll-like finish" as claimed
The pore minimizing effect is negligible at best. I'm glad I only paid half price for this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by sizza911

"Pore Filler" is accurate-- it's more like pore clogger. I don't get whiteheads very often, but after wearing this for two days in a row I had 3 on my nose and two on my chin and a mass of blackheads. It also made my makeup blotchy on my nose after a few hours. I was looking for a cheaper substitute for my Too Faced Primed and Poreless which runs $30 for one ounce. NYX runs $13 for .67 ounces. The Too Faced is more expensive but you get a lot more and it is not as gummy and smoothes on better. I'll be going back to my Too Faced. I can still wear the NYX for a special night out when I can wash it off after a couple of hours, but it's too clogging for daily use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Gardengrenade

Okay, so I've been using this for about a month on and off now and I think I've made up my mind about it. I'm going to start with my first impressions and get to my final opinion about it in a bit. The packaging of this is pretty cute and easy to use. The product itself is interesting. It's this weird beige mousse stuff that fluffs out of the tube in small doses so you don't have to really worry about getting too much out. It's very soft and kind of slippery, but not in a gross greasy way. I have fairly big pores on my nose so this is where I use it most. It goes on pretty well and a little does go a long way. At first I didn't think it was really doing much and I thought it seemed a bit cakey, but after I smoothed it out and went about the rest of my makeup routine (foundation, concealer etc) I was pleasantly surprised at how nice my problem pore areas looked after I applied my foundation. It made them look so much smaller and I didn't find that my concealer settled into my pores as much as it sometimes does. Such a weird texture, but a nice outcome over all. It is worth it of you struggle with large looking pores and like I said, a little goes a long way so the price is reasonable.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by emijpiro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This pore filler is a great alternative for the Too Faced Primed and Poreless! I picked this product up at my local ULTA recently and I like it a lot. It has a slight tint to it but it doesn't really show on the skin. It does a very nice job filling in the pore around my nose. It does have a very silky feel to it. As far as prolonging the wear of my foundation, not so much. But that's not really its purpose. This is less than half of Too Faced Primed and Poreless(this retails for $13 US and Too Faced is about $30). I really like this product and recommend it to people with minimal pore issues. Hope this helped someone! :)