September 30, 2014 | 1758 users online

Bronzers - Wet 'n' Wild - Ticket to Brazil

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by shalie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product at walmart for 3 bucks yesterday and it broked. Nice pigment, great for contouring. I was very frustrated because no high end product of mine this has never happened. Affordable and easy to contour.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Genvieve

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Jumping on the "Brazil bandwagon" here! Yes, it's very pigmented, so use with light hand if you're using this as a straight blush/bronzer. Have been using it more as a contouring powder lately. Buff it on starting with the forehead, drawing the "W" shape down the temples and just under cheekbones. Dust a bit under the chin and if you're feeling very artsy, a light line on each side of the nose. Then I take a fluffy powder brush and blend it all with "Reserve Your Cabana" -- also from Wet 'n' Wild. Two great products that are super inexpensive and will take quite a while to use up.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by raspberryxwine

Overall this stuff isn't so bad. I don't like to always buy the cheapest stuff because you never know how it's going to work. I did really like this bronzer but had to apply it VERY lightly otherwise it was way too intense. If you use it correctly for your skin tone it can look very nice. Not a bad amount of product either for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

I have used the lighter W&W bronzer Cabana as a highlighter and face powder when I need some lift to my face and love it. I was a little skeptical about the shade and my skintone but for less than 5 bucks I figured it was a good try.

Lighter skinned ladies be careful! This is highly pigmented and not a matte product. You can use it but get a BIG fluffy brush and tap, blow whatever. Use minimum product as it will go a long way. Some would say you are wasting money by blowing/tapping off product, but I have to do that anyway being lighter skinned so why not do it with a cheaper alternative than a $30-$40 product. If you are looking for a matte product I suggest NYX sunny. That being said this summer I did use this a a contour and the shimmer looked great on summer skin when I wanted this look. I also used this at night on my hairline and D├ęcolletage it looked good.

The amount of product you get is awesome for the price. I expect this to last awhile before I hit pan. Packaging....like I've said about other products I'm not about the package if it works I don't care what it looks like. You do need to be careful with this one. The top is very fragile and it will break off if you handle it rough enough. But they have to cut corners somewhere for under $5 bucks so the trade off is well worth it.

My final say. Try it, play with it to see if it works. It's worth the price to experiement.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Lori7676

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is great for the $. I went to Florida and got really tan. This is all I wore at night and mascara... Me and my friend always use expensive stuff and we switched to this she is searching for a new one as we speak!!! So yes I would buy this again. Maybe a lighter color for winter. And it's also a great size!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by spaghetina

Background: NC30, Asian skin with yellow undertones.

Formerly a devoted user of Nars Laguna, but that has all changed. Let me start by saying, this is NOT a dupe for Laguna. I repeat, NOT A DUPE. Swatched side by side, one can see that 'Brazil' is much more orange than Laguna, which is more of a true brown. That said, Brazil works with my skin tone surprisingly much better than Laguna ever did, and that's coming from someone who faithfully used that particular Nars product for 7 or 8 years. On me, Laguna can get a bit muddy looking because it's so purely brown, whereas Brazil's undertones prevent it from being too one-dimensional.

It's intensely pigmented, and the amount of product in the pan is incredible for the price paid. Used with a light hand, I can imagine one pan lasting me through years of daily use. There's a bit of shimmer, but I've never really seen it translate to my skin, so its existence is inconsequential. The product has a bit of a sunscreen-y odor, but it's not offensive, and it's definitely not heavily perfumed or offensive.

The next time there's a sale on Wet 'n' Wild, I'll be picking up a couple more of these for my stash, and I should be good to go for the next decade.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Sssunshine03

Price was decent but I found this left my skin looking orange . Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm going to pre-face this review by first stating, FAIR LADIES DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT IT WASN'T MEANT FOR FAIR LADIES, IT WAS MEANT FOR MEDIUM ON UP SKIN SHADES. Ok, now that I've gotten that out of the way, this is a fantastic bronzer! I'm an NC-35, yellow undertones and this bronzer is gorgeous on my skin, I use it to contour and to add a little bit of "tan glow" in certain areas. It's inexpensive, and does not leave you looking orange. It blends well, and for under 5 bucks it's a great value. I really like how the packaging allows you to dip varying sizes of brushes into the actual bronzer. I have no experienced any break outs from this bronzer, so all in all great drugstore find!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a NC50, it's really hard for me to find a bronzer that "works." Usually, I end up with something that's too dark, looks muddy, is too glittery or just doesn't show because of my strong yellow/gold undertone. After using this almost daily for two months, I'm so happy to say that this product really does work- it does not compete with my foundation or blush; instead it complements both, giving me a nice, warm glow in all the right places (cheekbones, forehead, chin) and it lasts all day. And it's BUILDABLE, like the MAC Sheertone blushes. Speaking of MAC, sometimes I put this on just before I apply my Mineralized Skinfinish and my skin just pops with a soft light. It is so pretty! Wet n Wild has done it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

This is a pretty great bronzer. It does have a shimmer. It gives me a nice glow and I've received a boatload of comments on how tan I look. I haven't had any problems with oxidation. I've been using makeup for years and years. I've learned that it doesn't have to cost a boat load of money or have a high end name attached to it in order for a product to be great. This is one of those little gems that work well for a fraction of the cost of high end products. The packaging isn't the greatest so I wouldn't recommend carrying it around in your purse.

It can be a tad bit powdery so a light sweep with the brush is all you will need.