August 23, 2014 | 1786 users online

Bronzers - Wet 'n' Wild - Ticket to Brazil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Lori7676

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is great for the $. I went to Florida and got really tan. This is all I wore at night and mascara... Me and my friend always use expensive stuff and we switched to this she is searching for a new one as we speak!!! So yes I would buy this again. Maybe a lighter color for winter. And it's also a great size!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by spaghetina

Background: NC30, Asian skin with yellow undertones.

Formerly a devoted user of Nars Laguna, but that has all changed. Let me start by saying, this is NOT a dupe for Laguna. I repeat, NOT A DUPE. Swatched side by side, one can see that 'Brazil' is much more orange than Laguna, which is more of a true brown. That said, Brazil works with my skin tone surprisingly much better than Laguna ever did, and that's coming from someone who faithfully used that particular Nars product for 7 or 8 years. On me, Laguna can get a bit muddy looking because it's so purely brown, whereas Brazil's undertones prevent it from being too one-dimensional.

It's intensely pigmented, and the amount of product in the pan is incredible for the price paid. Used with a light hand, I can imagine one pan lasting me through years of daily use. There's a bit of shimmer, but I've never really seen it translate to my skin, so its existence is inconsequential. The product has a bit of a sunscreen-y odor, but it's not offensive, and it's definitely not heavily perfumed or offensive.

The next time there's a sale on Wet 'n' Wild, I'll be picking up a couple more of these for my stash, and I should be good to go for the next decade.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Sssunshine03

Price was decent but I found this left my skin looking orange . Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm going to pre-face this review by first stating, FAIR LADIES DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT IT WASN'T MEANT FOR FAIR LADIES, IT WAS MEANT FOR MEDIUM ON UP SKIN SHADES. Ok, now that I've gotten that out of the way, this is a fantastic bronzer! I'm an NC-35, yellow undertones and this bronzer is gorgeous on my skin, I use it to contour and to add a little bit of "tan glow" in certain areas. It's inexpensive, and does not leave you looking orange. It blends well, and for under 5 bucks it's a great value. I really like how the packaging allows you to dip varying sizes of brushes into the actual bronzer. I have no experienced any break outs from this bronzer, so all in all great drugstore find!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a NC50, it's really hard for me to find a bronzer that "works." Usually, I end up with something that's too dark, looks muddy, is too glittery or just doesn't show because of my strong yellow/gold undertone. After using this almost daily for two months, I'm so happy to say that this product really does work- it does not compete with my foundation or blush; instead it complements both, giving me a nice, warm glow in all the right places (cheekbones, forehead, chin) and it lasts all day. And it's BUILDABLE, like the MAC Sheertone blushes. Speaking of MAC, sometimes I put this on just before I apply my Mineralized Skinfinish and my skin just pops with a soft light. It is so pretty! Wet n Wild has done it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

This is a pretty great bronzer. It does have a shimmer. It gives me a nice glow and I've received a boatload of comments on how tan I look. I haven't had any problems with oxidation. I've been using makeup for years and years. I've learned that it doesn't have to cost a boat load of money or have a high end name attached to it in order for a product to be great. This is one of those little gems that work well for a fraction of the cost of high end products. The packaging isn't the greatest so I wouldn't recommend carrying it around in your purse.

It can be a tad bit powdery so a light sweep with the brush is all you will need.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by famouscigarillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this bronzer on a whim and boy, am I impressed! It is a nice texture and so easy to blend.

I love the colour. However, sometimes it would oxidize (turn orange) on my forehead where I sweat a lot. This was noticeable because I have a neutral skin tone and my forehead is a bit paler than the rest of my face. I love this product but I think this shade of bronze may be too warm for certain skintones.

The packaging on this product is great. It doesn't look like a cheap Wet n' Wild product at all. The powder did crack and crumble despite me never taking it off my dresser, but that can be fixed.

The first few times I wore this bronzer, people commented on how tan I looked! Overall - it's amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by morganmarie19

I'd never tried bronzer before and didn't know if I'd like it (I'm super pale) so I was looking for something that would be cheap but also good enough quality that it was worth a purchase. I love the pigmentation of Wet'n'Wild's eyeshadows so I figured this was a safe bet. I was right! This product is so pigmented you literally need to tap it as light as possible and that'll be enough color for a cheek. And at such a low price and such a large amount it's amazing! It does have shimmer but it's not noticeable on unless you were to really pack it on hard. It might be a little 'orange', but I'm no makeup expert so it's not something that I'd worry about or probably ever notice. It fits all my needs as a starting bronzer, and I'm really excited to play with it. Love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I caved in to the glowing reviews and purchased this Bronzer last week. I normally wear mid to high end bronzers and so it would be great to find a high quality drug store Bronzer to save some money. I honestly didn't like this Bronzer much. It's far to shimmery and orangy for my taste. Also, it kicks up a ton of powder when I swirl my brush on it. It occurred to me just why I switched to higher end bronzers after I wore this for just one day. No thanks...I'll stick with my Chocolate Soleil Bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really good product for the $...about $4 and plenty of product in the pan so you can use this for a WHILE and not worry about hitting pan after a few uses or running out of it sooner than expected. I have been using this for some months now and LUV it because of the goddess-like sheen it gives. I use a kabuki brush to apply it at the high points of my cheekbones and lightly dust it over my over my blush sometimes; especially if I am rocking either my NARS Taj Mahal or Exhibit A. I haven't had any issues with skin irritation while using this nor have I had any problems with it being too heavy or anything that has made me feel uncomfortable when wearing it. The value is great! I found a BOGO half off sale at Rite Aide so I ended up with two pans for $6! Nowadays, if I decide to wear any makeup, I absolutely CANNOT skip my bronzing step with my Wet 'n' Wild Ticket to Brazil because it makes me GLOW. Compared to other bronzers (i.e. Physician's Formula, CG, Maybelline, and etcetera) this is the best deal for your $...the others will cost you upwards of $12-$14 for the same sized pan. So, I'd suggest getting the WnW if you are just looking for a good product to get the job done...
~Adrienne Starr