October 25, 2014 | 1322 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by CathySinMN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product since it came out and bought at least 5 tubes of it. I love the light, natural coverage and the physical sunscreen. I breakout if I use chemical sunscreens on my face - and its hard to find products that *don't* have SPF 15 due to chemical sunscreens. So this is my go-to product. Great price for what you get. Compares to higher-end 'natural' beauty products in ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by jellybean709

I don't love this product and I don't hate this product. I've been using it for a couple of weeks and I find the texture funny - it runs out of the tube quite fast, but once it's on your skin almost feels a bit balmy. I find the coverage to be sheer (which is good), but I don't think it's anything extraordinary. It wears pretty light but I did notice when I wear it, my oily skin is out in full force. I also think it's a stretch to call it "moisturising". I've tried using this with and without serum, face cream, etc, and if I use it without a face cream then it just seems to "stick" on my skin. Overall I think it's fine for what it is, but when I run out I'm more likely to try another brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by netduo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For some odd reason when I wear a traditional foundation, my skin looks horrible. I have a lot of redness. And when I find a foundation to cover the redness, the rest of my skin looks like crap. So I've given up on foundation. I keep coming back to this BB cream after trying countless foundations, etc. It's just a plain water-based tinted moisturizer with SPF. Nothing special. It has enough pigment (light/medium) to tone down my redness, but doesn't make my 50+ year old skin look like crap. It doesn't break me out, cause excess oiliness, or oxidize my face into oompa loompa land.

I apply this all over my face, then apply a light second layer on my super-rosy cheeks (this is a light, but buildable coverage BB cream). Boom. Done. I'm learning as I get older that the simplest of solutions are usually the best. No need for powder, no need to use concealer. Sometimes no need for blush. I like simple.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recommend this product if you're looking for a cheap, drugstore BB cream but it's not a wow product by any means. It's a BB cream so it's obviously light coverage but it can be built to a medium coverage. It's not a very thin formula but it is very wet, especially when you first apply it to your face. It is, therefore, a dewy finish and I do have to set it with powder because I am more on the oily side. If I was super oily, I would stay away from this product completely. I do find the lasting power for me is good enough. Altogether, this is a decent base product for a good skin day. I don't know if the skincare claims really hold up, simply because I don't use it as skincare.

Because it isn't a wow product and because I have found better BB/CC creams, I probably won't repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Naromantica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Long story short: Everytime I use this I have to remind myself why.
I don't like it.
I couldn't find the right shade for me, but it didn't matter since it was summer anyway I though (and my skintone would change).

I'd rather go with a good, moisturizing sunblock than this one. Today, there are good, moisturizing sunblocks that leaves you feeling less greasy than this one (The body shop has some, for example).
Yes. It does even out my skintone, and yes, it does not crack up on my drier parts but is it worth it, I ask myself? BECAUSE I can feel it. And it feels cakey. Especially since you need powder trying to get rid of some fatty-shine.

Pros:
* Cheap
* Easy to find

Cons:
* Leaves my skin feeling greasy, not to mention if one sweats a bit....
* Bad bad package... can't handle airplane trips of any shaky trips... the pressure that builds up in the tube ends up smudging the cream everywhere.
* I find it hard to remove. I guess I should mention I use very skinfriendly products.
* You'll need powder to tone it down a bit ... now that is the recipe for a cake with this foundation.

I'll slowly, slowly, use this bottle up and never look for it again. I don't use it when I'm preparing for a girls night out or a nice day around town... I use it as a sunblock when I don't have any sunblock with me. I use it as something-makeup-stuffy when I'm heading for a hike with the guy I have a crush on (In other words when I need a sunblock but also would like to wear some makeup). Hah.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Jackiewatson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I really liked using this product, but over time I noticed my skin becoming more oily for no reason and all the sudden I started breaking out with these deep under the skin painful blemishes. This was after 5 months of using this as the only product on my skin. I can only attribute this to the bb cream, as I have never had skin issues in the past, maybe one to two small pimples a month near my nose. Now I am getting 10-12 large pimples a month on my skin and forehead zones. As a result I now have some scaring on my chin and I would not recommend this for long term daily use at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by miajenn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this when I first started wearing makeup. it's great if you're starting, and you don't want to much coverage. It can get a little greasy on my face, but I don't know if that's just because I have naturally oily skin. The packaging is super adorable and durable. This isn't my favorite BB cream, but it's something I would reach for if I'm not feeling like doing that much with my makeup routine. Overall, I recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by skylalavigne

not so much coverage, very expensive for the quality, and not many shades to choose from. the packaging is cute and it's a squeeze tube. also it is very light, and doesnt stick to dry patches... would not repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by JosephineUnicorn

This was one of the best bb creams I ever tried.
It had a good coverage compared to others, the smell were very neutral, it was light and very easy to work with. For two months this was the only bb cream I used, and at that time also my favorite.
Unfortunately when those two months had passed I began to get rashes and pimples because of the bb cream. Therefore I stopped using it and after maybe one week the impurities were gone.
I tried to use it again some time later, but sadly the incident occurred again.

Really a shame that this product isn't going to be a part of my makeup routine anymore!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by oliviabiba

Well, this is a hard one to review. I'll start out by saying that I don't believe in all those "8-in-1" claims. I'll review as a sheer foundation or tinted moisturizer.

The application if fairly nice. The product is very liquid-y, run-y and light, so it glides nicely on the skin and doesn't cling to dry patches.

As for coverage, like I said, it's sheer. It minimizes pores a little bit, evens out skin tone and covers this and that minor discoloration or scar. I'd say it's a skin perfector. I think it's great for summer, for warmer and hotter days when you don't want anything on your face, just something to even things out. I do think it leaves me with good looking skin, but nothing out of this world. If I have something a little more demanding, than this is not the product I'll use.

Again, as a skin enhancer, I think it's a fine product. I don't know if I'll be repurchasing it (almost done with a bottle) as I think since the release of this product others have made its appearance on the market and I haven't turned into a completely dependant on this product (I really want to try the Bourjois CC cream). Anyway, it's a nice one.